Random Thoughts - Misc. Chat Thread for April / May 2015

Replies

• LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Hm speaking of Easter food. After having a crazy calorie day yesterday, it is only 1pm out here and I've had almost 3K calories of potato chips and chocolate. I'm still working on the bag of potato chips but I already gave up and logged the whole bag... So yeah. Not sure if I am proud about this but I don't think I had ever eaten so much processed food ever in my life. Originally, I wanted to eat a little bit more this week to lose weight a little slower now that I am past my original weight goal. But I woke up this morning and just said F it to everything and ended up a crazy person. The stress of moving to a new house is my excuse right now but wow. I need a better way to de-stress obviously. Surprisingly, I don't really feel bad about this, even if I end gain a a lb or two of real fat from the weekend and today. The only thing that does irk me is I had to go paint this morning instead of go to the gym so I couldn't use all this excess to help my lifts.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    my random though today. I just am getting my thoughts out of my head.

I hurt my knee on sat and I am so annoyed. I was doing a thai boxing sparring class and I was paired up with a newbie ( we swap partners every 5 minutes after doing drills). So I was going quite gentle cos it was her first time. Unfortunately newbie made the mistake some newbies do and get a bit ahead of themselves and basically she ended up twisting my left knee.... so its been a bit sore and stiff last few days but I have been taking good care of it and today, Tuesday, it definitely doesn't feel as stiff or sore. My only concern is it doesn't always feel that stable. I have a knee support on it today ( I'm at work right now). I hope its just a sprain that will sort itself out as I can't really afford a docs visit right now. So yeah just feeling a bit annoyed cos I am itching so bad to work out. I think I will hit the gym at my work when I finish and do upper body and I will google some knee strengthening exercises to do as well.

I love that feeling when you are struggling to do that last rep and you do it... like yay me !

lol end sulk.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    I made my own homemade quest bar and it looked like a turd. Ate it anyway, tasted like a quest bar shaped like a turd.

If you are curious, on how to make your own quest bars, I used 50grams Vita Syrup from amazon + 1 scoop ON whey extreme chocolate. I should really buy a silicone mold so they don't look so ugly, or use vanilla whey instead.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    i bought (i just realized) 16 kilos of plain yogurt over the course of teh weekend and ice-cubed it all. actually, 17.3 kilos, and i've ice-cubed the first 15. i just can't face popping all the cubes into plastic baggies and dealing with the last four containers right now. sheesh. i can remember when i didn't even like yogurt . . . and now it takes the weight of a small child to convince me i'm all good for protein-shake stuff for a while.

i'm taking a rest break. like i haven't announced that enough, but now that i've decided to notice how beat up i feel i can't stop spelling it out. i'm tired. my shoulders are angry, my bum has quit talking to me, and my whole body is acting like mike 'n ikes are the only legitimate food group known to man. i need a break.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Sorry about your knee @IzzyBooNZ1 seems newbie did well and hurt her aggressor instead of herself :wink: lunges and squats (including single leg squats) strengthen knees but be careful not to aggravate injury. RICE method is probably best for now with some stretching of the quads, hips, hams, calves, and IT bands to keep everything around it from pulling on it. I am not an expert or anything but I have crap knees so I've dealt with this a lot.

That's a butt-ton of yogurt, @canadianlbs ! Butt-ton approx. = 16 kilos in case you were wondering about conversions. Yogurt in ice cube trays is such a good idea.
    I made my own homemade quest bar and it looked like a turd. Ate it anyway, tasted like a quest bar shaped like a turd.

:joy::joy::joy:
  • canadianlbs
    Yogurt in ice cube trays is such a good idea.

i don't think i could even get into the unfrozen kind anymore, especially since it's eventually going to turn hot again. by the time you've smoothied up the cubes with whatever else you put into it, you have genuine slush.

plus the stuff gets expensive now that it's trendy again, but there's always some store in my area that throws a monster sale every couple of months. so i kind of resent paying the standard price for it now and i really tend to fall on it when it's cheap and bring massive amounts of it home.

makes me feel like a sherpa while i'm doing it, but it's worthwhile.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Somewhat related, I once bulk bought yogurt and the lady at the checkout counter said under her breath while looking at my husband, "Someone's gonna stink." I now try to whisper that every time I see him eating yogurt.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    So, how is everyone faring with having all that Easter candy around? If you don't have kids at home are you faced with it at work? I remember back in the day when I worked outside the home that all the parents dumped their kids excess candy at the office to get it out of the house! My older kids are pretty sore at me bc I told my husband to not go crazy in buying candy for them. I have zero impulse control over chocolate. Zero. So, I think the little candy he bought has pretty much been consumed already. Now, we just need to get rid of the bunny cake leftovers! pfft!
  • indianarose2
    Oh! and MissHoliday...that is just hilarious!!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Well, I work in retail and have been staring at extra rows of candy on the shelves since... before Halloween. Aside from summer toys and end of summer school supplies, our middle aisle that is for seasonal has candy basically from pre-halloween until after easter. Now the easter candy is on clearance so it should dwindle quick but I have bought more than my single person share over the last month and the clearance prices are tempting.
  • indianarose2
    Oh Dawn! I wouldn't be able to resist! It's the clearance that is so hard to pass up isn't it? I bought I don't know how many bags of ghiradelli dark choc with peppermint from cvs after Christmas, Put it in the freezer for an occasional treat....yeah right. It was gone within the week. I think I'll just stay clear of the stores this time! Know thyself....
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    I am not a big chocolate person. I actually have 3 Lindor balls left from Christmas. I gave the bunny my parents got me to my husband. I had one mini cream egg. :)

Now, potato chips and skittles - those I have no impulse control over.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    Sorry about your knee @IzzyBooNZ1 seems newbie did well and hurt her aggressor instead of herself :wink: lunges and squats (including single leg squats) strengthen knees but be careful not to aggravate injury. RICE method is probably best for now with some stretching of the quads, hips, hams, calves, and IT bands to keep everything around it from pulling on it. I am not an expert or anything but I have crap knees so I've dealt with this a lot.

That's a butt-ton of yogurt, @canadianlbs ! Butt-ton approx. = 16 kilos in case you were wondering about conversions. Yogurt in ice cube trays is such a good idea.

:joy::joy::joy:

thank you ! really appreciate it. I will look up those stretches today
  • indianarose2
    Doh!!! I never learn! Took my teenage son to the bookstore this afternoon and what do they have on clearance at the register??? Ghiradelli chocolate with peppermint bars for $1.00!!! Did I succumb? Of course I did...but only had 2 squares this time. Making my son take the rest to share with his robot team tonight. Weak, I am so weak....
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    mmmm chocolate...
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I just bought candy /chocolate that I didn't really like. Still managed to go ape *kitten* on it Sunday night (after I was so proud that I didn't binge at dinner...) but I've dropped the excess off at work and it went pretty quick.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Two words: Starburst jellybeans. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    I really feel like soup today. It is autumn here, it has been raining since yesterday
    I want chicken soup. mmmmm.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    katro111 wrote: »
    Two words: Starburst jellybeans. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

After behaving all day Sunday, this is what I went home and attacked ferociously. The Tropical flavor ones are sooooo good.

• canadianlbs
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    I am not a big chocolate person. I actually have 3 Lindor balls left from Christmas. I gave the bunny my parents got me to my husband. I had one mini cream egg. :)

Now, potato chips and skittles - those I have no impulse control over.

yeah, that's me. chocolate just kind of slid off my radar a few years ago, no idea why. maybe i ought to go ask my doctor.

it's the jelly beans. and the fruit-juice gummy bears. and these things made by rowntree which luckily only a couple of stores import into canada now and again, known as fruit gums . . .