Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ok, lets see if this works...
    The one I looked at on Thursday was the $89...on clearance...no frills one. Its on that link page you sent me Roger.... Now, I think I copied the address on the one that I got today, on sale, half price, for $64!!!
    https://ll-us-i5.wal.co/asr/65a69f3d-1ed7-499d-bf57-4359024c4e32_1.74c1170a7dc4b08ad233e72632e1492d.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I hope that works. The poor lady in Lawn and Garden had long lines of idiots bringing stuff from all over the store. She finally went out to scan it, and it wouldn't ring up....and her lines grew. She went back outside re scanned twice...she called for help...so another lady came to run the other register, and eventually a guy came (floor manager I suspect), and they put the price wrong into the cash register...$68 instead of $64....and I caught it, and questioned why it was still wrong...the store manager looked like he'd like to scream...and they went back out and rescanned it again...finally it rang up at $64, I paid for it, and he told me to go get my car...so, my little Honda Fit and I drove up!!! LOL!!!! That guy worked up a sweat getting enough stuff off the grill so it would go in the cargo area.... I laughed and said he needed to follow me and take it out....'Oh you'll need help'...nope, nobody to help. At which point he told me I'd never get it out myself.
    You know, that is a red flag challenge when somebody tells me I can't do something!!!! So, I brought it home and with minimal struggle I DID get it out, and I put it all back together again too!!! LOL!!!

Next step will be Jack coming over to bring me one of his tanks (filled), and a chain of some kind so we can secure it since it will have to sit in the driveway Sorta hidden by shrubs, but not entirely..... That may be this weekend, or maybe not til next weekend..as there is the afore mentioned midday hockey game tomorrow. So I took a pix of it, assembled, with lid up, and a red pepper, an onion, and a yellow crookneck squash laying on the grill!!! Sent it to him!
    Hopefully he'll laugh! and not think I'm pushing him to do this right away. He's got his own stuff to do, and I know that.
    Ok, its now 2p.m and I haven't had my lunch....time to go fix a great big salad.
    OH, the little grill I got, even has a 4th burner in one of the shelves, I guess to keep your BBQ sauce warm, or maybe to cook a vegetable! HA...little do they know, its ALL for veggies.

Later...
    Ok, that is a pix of my grill, but it wasn't what I wanted to link...I wanted the entire Walmart ad like you sent me...Sorry.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Valerie
    Not a problem I the picture came up and it seems as if You got a decent BBQ.

I suspect he was getting frustrated struggling with the register and all.

Congratulations on getting it out of the car and assembled too. BTW if it were mine once the tank of fuel was hooked up I would go over every connection with a soapy solution to be sure there are no leaks. I mention that as one year my brother had a pretty large ball of fire from a leaky connection that developed over time.

I use a soapy solution to find the gas leak on the furnace so I could get it fixed. They wanted money to find t he leak over and beyond the repair price.

As You say little do they know :)

Have a Nice Day and I hope You enjoy Your new Cooker
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Pool party had a few quick showers but went well. The burgers were magnificent and juicy.

D even went this time, though he foolishly stopped on the way and got lunch, so didn't eat much at the party.

This morning I microwaved my two severely trimmed ears of corn received in Friday's CSA box. I left a "contact us" note at the site letting them know that I was NOT HAPPY with the fact that they had cut an inch to an inch and a half off of each ear, at the tassel end. This left the ends completely uncovered, as the ears weren't wrapped in any way after cutting, and i have NO idea how clean the knife was, and it also basically stole several good bites of corn from me. I have NEVER received my ears of corn pre-trimmed from them before and hope to never receive them that way again. I don't generally shuck my corn or clean it before cooking, as I place the cobs in the microwave, whole, shucks and silks in place and undisturbed. I asked if it would be too much trouble to let me, the consumer and customer, decide whether, and how much, to trim my vegetables rather than someone deciding that for me. They better refund me for the corn, since they stole some of it.

I still cooked these in the microwave, trusting that the microwave would kill any germs on the cut surfaces, and we'll still eat this corn, but there is not as much of it as there should have been.

Need to do laundry later but might go back to bed for a while. I had leftover pizza and freshly cut "orange fleshed melon" from the CSA box for breakfast. I only ordered it to see if it was anything different from a cantaloupe, but it isn't. I also have a honeydew in there to cut up eventually.

Later, gators!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Ed, is your CSA box organic? If so, I'm guessing their later crop of corn got those corn worms, they are always found at the tassel end...I think if that was the problem, you can be glad that they cut the ends off...think about it. I've cooked my corn that way before it works....and I may have to again, as COSTCO has stopped carrying the sheets of deli paper I wrap my shucked ears of corn in...(in the Mic)... This old farm girl, always, without doubt or hesitation pulls a small section of husk and silks while still in the store...looking to see there isn't any extra protein in there! :smiley: Glad the party went well, and wasn't rained out...it never actually rained here, but all of a sudden it would go dark, and thunder, and I could SMELL the rain, so I know it was near...but not at my house. Oh, well. Weather person said we're 5 inches short on rain since January. I know the lake is down, just mercifully not like it was 7 years ago...was it really 7 years ago? Livy was a little tyke, and she's 12 now...so I'm guessing thats when it happened. I don't remember if you were here then? Our water supply for all of ATL comes out of Lake Lanier, and we were running less than a week reserve....and that's after they lowered the water outlet pipes to make them deeper.

Roger....I admit I was pretty proud of myself for getting the grill out of the car, and re-asembled! All parts accounted for and in the right place....now about that soapy water...
    Your Brother and I have a LOT in common besides shopping I see!! I had a gas grill in TN, burned every d@mn thing I ever put on it....no joke. I was a real 'briquette manufacturing plant" But, it was all meat...you know hot dogs, hamburgers (black outside, raw/cold innards...anyhow, the day came, and I ran out of gas....soooo I took the tank to be filled, and I reattached it! Forgot about the soapy water part, which was inexcusable since I grew up in a house with propane tank in the side yard....... and I lit the grill, went in the house to get something, looked out the window and I had a fire ball outside. The deck was on the second story of the house, and that's where the grill was, just outside the kitchen. OMG!! Scared the heck out of me. My Dad, bless him, he meant well, but he used silicone tape on the connection at the tank.....it worked fine after he went back to MO...but when I changed the tank, not so good!....I called my gas utility, and a very nice lady explained to me why you can't use anything on those connections, and told me I'd have to scrape every last bit of that out of the screw threads....was that ever a job!! SO, lesson learned the hard way, but remembered to this day!

OK, I've spot cleaned the living room carpet, and am 'banished' from the back of the house, except to fix my breakfast. Lucky for me, the Keurig is in the bar and not in the kitchen :)
    Oh...its getting light out, and I can still see a very bright moon thru the trees to the West!

Hope everybody has a good day...Ed, get some rest, and Roger hope you're having a good walk this morning.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Yesterday I ended up at 10.3K + Steps, Today I have done 8.6K Steps + 1 cent so far, It was 75 degrees out the door. Cooler weather is forecast for next week starting Monday with overnight lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s which will be the coolest in a while.

FWIW here is a Picture of the Home made Pastrami, Eggplant Parmesan, Three Types of Tomatoes and Anaheim Peppers from the garden.
    y8fvtB.jpg
    And here is the Pastrami sliced BTW that is not me holding the Pastrami :)
    DAhRhs.jpg

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Pool party had a few quick showers but went well. The burgers were magnificent and juicy.

D even went this time, though he foolishly stopped on the way and got lunch, so didn't eat much at the party.

This morning I microwaved my two severely trimmed ears of corn received in Friday's CSA box. I left a "contact us" note at the site letting them know that I was NOT HAPPY with the fact that they had cut an inch to an inch and a half off of each ear, at the tassel end. This left the ends completely uncovered, as the ears weren't wrapped in any way after cutting, and i have NO idea how clean the knife was, and it also basically stole several good bites of corn from me. I have NEVER received my ears of corn pre-trimmed from them before and hope to never receive them that way again. I don't generally shuck my corn or clean it before cooking, as I place the cobs in the microwave, whole, shucks and silks in place and undisturbed. I asked if it would be too much trouble to let me, the consumer and customer, decide whether, and how much, to trim my vegetables rather than someone deciding that for me. They better refund me for the corn, since they stole some of it.

I still cooked these in the microwave, trusting that the microwave would kill any germs on the cut surfaces, and we'll still eat this corn, but there is not as much of it as there should have been.

Need to do laundry later but might go back to bed for a while. I had leftover pizza and freshly cut "orange fleshed melon" from the CSA box for breakfast. I only ordered it to see if it was anything different from a cantaloupe, but it isn't. I also have a honeydew in there to cut up eventually.

Later, gators!
    Hi Ed
    I suppose if I were worried about the Knife cut I would have trimmed a bit more off of the end, Did You take pictures to send them?
    My Brother Shucks the Corn and wraps it in Saran Wrap with a little Butter to taste.

Why eat on the way to a BBQ? Unless You were afraid there would be nothing there You could eat :)

FWIW We eat leftover Pizza at Room Temperature. My Brother often takes some up to his bedroom when retiring in case he wakes up hungry in the night :)

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    Ed, is your CSA box organic? If so, I'm guessing their later crop of corn got those corn worms, they are always found at the tassel end...I think if that was the problem, you can be glad that they cut the ends off...think about it. I've cooked my corn that way before it works....and I may have to again, as COSTCO has stopped carrying the sheets of deli paper I wrap my shucked ears of corn in...(in the Mic)... This old farm girl, always, without doubt or hesitation pulls a small section of husk and silks while still in the store...looking to see there isn't any extra protein in there! :smiley: Glad the party went well, and wasn't rained out...it never actually rained here, but all of a sudden it would go dark, and thunder, and I could SMELL the rain, so I know it was near...but not at my house. Oh, well. Weather person said we're 5 inches short on rain since January. I know the lake is down, just mercifully not like it was 7 years ago...was it really 7 years ago? Livy was a little tyke, and she's 12 now...so I'm guessing thats when it happened. I don't remember if you were here then? Our water supply for all of ATL comes out of Lake Lanier, and we were running less than a week reserve....and that's after they lowered the water outlet pipes to make them deeper.

Roger....I admit I was pretty proud of myself for getting the grill out of the car, and re-asembled! All parts accounted for and in the right place....now about that soapy water...
    Your Brother and I have a LOT in common besides shopping I see!! I had a gas grill in TN, burned every d@mn thing I ever put on it....no joke. I was a real 'briquette manufacturing plant" But, it was all meat...you know hot dogs, hamburgers (black outside, raw/cold innards...anyhow, the day came, and I ran out of gas....soooo I took the tank to be filled, and I reattached it! Forgot about the soapy water part, which was inexcusable since I grew up in a house with propane tank in the side yard....... and I lit the grill, went in the house to get something, looked out the window and I had a fire ball outside. The deck was on the second story of the house, and that's where the grill was, just outside the kitchen. OMG!! Scared the heck out of me. My Dad, bless him, he meant well, but he used silicone tape on the connection at the tank.....it worked fine after he went back to MO...but when I changed the tank, not so good!....I called my gas utility, and a very nice lady explained to me why you can't use anything on those connections, and told me I'd have to scrape every last bit of that out of the screw threads....was that ever a job!! SO, lesson learned the hard way, but remembered to this day!

OK, I've spot cleaned the living room carpet, and am 'banished' from the back of the house, except to fix my breakfast. Lucky for me, the Keurig is in the bar and not in the kitchen :)
    Oh...its getting light out, and I can still see a very bright moon thru the trees to the West!

Hope everybody has a good day...Ed, get some rest, and Roger hope you're having a good walk this morning.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Have You considered using Parchment Paper? it is one of the things my brother uses in some of his baking as it seems to be Oven ready and therefore should work in the Microwave too.

I do remember seeing the reports on the water situation in Atlanta back then on the TV news reports. My brother also wondered why they did not have at least one more reservoir :)

You and he were both lucky it was not worse. I think I would have used a Stiff brush or a wire brush on the thread, However that would be a patience thing :)

My walk was OK, I took a somewhat different route back home and that was where I found that beat up penny in the street in front of a gas station driveway.

last night we watched Diners Drive-ins and Dives and they did a visit to the Marietta Diner
    http://www.mariettadiner.com/
    and the Silver Skillet Restaurant
    http://www.thesilverskillet.com/

They Liked Both, I was Wondering if either You or Ed had eaten at either of them and therefore could give feedback on how accurate the show is?

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Yesterday I ended up at 10.3K + Steps, Today I have done 8.6K Steps + 1 cent so far, It was 75 degrees out the door. Cooler weather is forecast for next week starting Monday with overnight lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s which will be the coolest in a while.

FWIW here is a Picture of the Home made Pastrami, Eggplant Parmesan, Three Types of Tomatoes and Anaheim Peppers from the garden.
    y8fvtB.jpg
    And here is the Pastrami sliced BTW that is not me holding the Pastrami :)
    DAhRhs.jpg

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Last night we watched Diners Drive-ins and Dives and they did a visit to the Marietta Diner

They Liked Both, I was Wondering if either You or Ed had eaten at either of them and therefore could give feedback on how accurate the show is?

Have a Great Day
    Roger

I have eaten several times at the Marietta Diner. The food is good, and you get plenty of it, but then you NEED plenty of it since one generally has to wait an hour or more to get in, so if you were already hungry... Yes, it's THAT popular. I've never heard of The Silver Skillet. Will have to look at that one.
    Good Morning!

My CSA box is organic. If they did, indeed, need to trim for worms, then they should have sent an extra ear to make up for the trimming, or advertised the corn as being trimmed. When I see "two" ears listed, I expect to receive two whole ears, or the equivalent. Had I known in advance that it was going to be trimmed, I would have either ordered more (which would have to have been 4 ears) or simply ordered something else.

Aside from the trimming this time, we've really been enjoying this bicolor sweet corn all summer. Very sweet and tender.

As we had that morning thing in Jasper/Big Canoe yesterday, we drove over the lake on the way to the barbecue. It looked pretty good, overall, and people were definitely out and enjoying it. I have certainly seen it a LOT lower.

Well, first load of laundry is nearly ready for the dryer and the east Indian spiced roasted potatoes and cauliflower that I made for our lunch (I'll microwave a little bacon for my protein) are nearly done.

Later, gators!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Quick hello folks. Yes - still around...is everyone here doing okay?
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

Forecast for today is 88 degrees with 0% chance of rain. I can live with this.

Off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Woo Hoo, It was in the 60s this morning, Well barely, 69.7 Degrees to be exact. Yesterday I ended up at 10.5K + Steps, Today I have done 7.6K Steps + No cents. Cooler weather is forecast for Monday through Wednesday, with overnight lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s which will be the coolest in a while.

We have had at least 10 Eggplants off of the two plants and there is at least one more ready to pick and another small one growing on the one plant at first glance. The other plant is semi hidden by the Blooming Sweet Potato plants, Yup they are in bloom and looking just like large Morning Glories. Right Now there is a Twin Eggplant parm in the freezer for later once the fresh ones are done. For now my Brother is Using them as well as handing them out to neighbors on both sides of us. We left the other one along with the Baked beans, Pastrami leftovers behind when we returned home. That was the plan and was our contribution. Those Peter Luger Hamburgers were expensive too, I saw the price label.Luger-Burger, Over 1/2 lb., on a Bun
    with French Fries and/or Cheese & Bacon
    Served Daily Until 3:45 PM

http://peterluger.com/brooklyn-menu/

Our SunChokes are still not in bloom.
    The Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus), also called sunroot, sunchoke, earth apple or topinambour, is a species of sunflower native to eastern North America
    And they should be blooming with Sunflower type blooms440px-Sunroot_top.jpg
    They look healthy enough are almost up to the Gutters, Approximately 8 foot tall currently :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »

Last night we watched Diners Drive-ins and Dives and they did a visit to the Marietta Diner

Have a Great Day
    Roger

I have eaten several times at the Marietta Diner. The food is good, and you get plenty of it, but then you NEED plenty of it since one generally has to wait an hour or more to get in, so if you were already hungry... Yes, it's THAT popular. I've never heard of The Silver Skillet. Will have to look at that one.
    Good Morning!

My CSA box is organic. If they did, indeed, need to trim for worms, then they should have sent an extra ear to make up for the trimming, or advertised the corn as being trimmed. When I see "two" ears listed, I expect to receive two whole ears, or the equivalent. Had I known in advance that it was going to be trimmed, I would have either ordered more (which would have to have been 4 ears) or simply ordered something else.

Aside from the trimming this time, we've really been enjoying this bicolor sweet corn all summer. Very sweet and tender.

As we had that morning thing in Jasper/Big Canoe yesterday, we drove over the lake on the way to the barbecue. It looked pretty good, overall, and people were definitely out and enjoying it. I have certainly seen it a LOT lower.

Well, first load of laundry is nearly ready for the dryer and the east Indian spiced roasted potatoes and cauliflower that I made for our lunch (I'll microwave a little bacon for my protein) are nearly done.

Later, gators!
    Hi Ed
    I guess I would have been a little unhappy when the corn arrived trimmed too. If it was trimmed to remove wormy ends or to fit the packaging I as the shipper would have included a note with it explaining why. Only You can tell if it was trimmed to fit. I would suspect that the trimmed size might be equivalent in size to the early season corn?

Interesting cooking bacon in the Microwave. Once again I must ask, How is the texture when You do that, Do You use a crisper or just wrap in a paper towel and live with the texture?
    FWIW I am lazy and use 40 calorie a slice Pre Cooked ShopRite house brand bacon for flavoring. I tend to use one slice pulled from the package in the freezer and placed on the NS Grilled Cheese and NS Hamburger Lunch Sandwiches. Sometimes I switch off and use 1/2 of a 40 calorie Velveeta slice or Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce for a change.

The Food would have to be Extremely good for me to wait anywhere for an hour :)

Thank You for the feedback
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Quick hello folks. Yes - still around...is everyone here doing okay?

Hi LeeMom :)
    I am fine, I hope all is well with You.
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

Forecast for today is 88 degrees with 0% chance of rain. I can live with this.
    Hi Again
    That sounds OK, I think we usually run slightly cooler than You do. We had some Light rain around 5PM to 7PM and a high of 83 yesterday.

Have a Nice day at work
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Early Christmas Funnies
    QNoGK3.jpg

QP34Wq.jpg
    Oops

QLCiO6.jpg

Now some Weight Loss Humor
    Y4FZA3.jpg

oSZuag.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good morning!
    Have been up since 6...had blood drawn for "medicare wellness' visit on Friday. I only surrendered 4 large topped tubes and one purple! The little gal was good! and after she'd drawn my blood, another one of the techs, saw me, and said "I remember you! I drew your blood last time, and wasn't sure about the vein, and you told me I could do it...and I wondered why you were so confident I could get blood, until I'd drawn the blood and you confessed to being a lab tech!" I GUESS, its nice to be remembered...:) They had some new tubes I'd not seen before....they had to be GI Joe tubes, (no anticoagulant added) but they had nice orange plastic covers. I also see they have gone back to using a needle and needle holder, aka vacutainer, as opposed to that darn little I V needle. I was so glad to see that. Much less chance of hemolizing blood that way!

I'd missed the post about the two ATL restaurants. Glad Ed had been to the Marietta diner. Ted and I would have eventually found the Silver Skillet...except Mary Mac's Tea room is about 4 blocks from his apartment, and has 'southern' cooking, we walk up there when we need a 'southern fix'....not often though! Too much salt, fat, and you really have to be careful, as the collards are delicious, but have been cooked with meat, etc.

Its a beautiful day here! Sunny and 77 at nearly 11o'clock! The cold front did bring drier air, so it feels so much better than the humidity we've had all last week.

Laundry going, and need to get something to eat, (now that I've had my truly missed coffee), and then to the gym, and the Mex. Market...I'd like another avocado, and am out of radishes.
    Wednesday, I'll buy some whole button mushrooms either white or bella's, and grill them, along with whatever else I'm grilling. Today's grill will be grilled romaine heads. That is so good, I do put oil on it and salt and a bit of pepper and a really hot grill for a very quick time...yummy! Will make for a nice salad change!

Laundry needs to move to the dryer...,to bad it can't learn to do that by itself...kinda like my scraped and rinsed dishes will not pop themselves into the dishwasher!!! :)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Back already! Roger, look what was in my 'Daily Dirt', a garden guide....
    http://mygardenguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=983&Itemid=27
    I had to grin. Also learned a bit more about Sun Chokes! I had a neighbor (in TN) who 'let them get away' from her garden and ended up with a whole lot she didn't want! I don't recall ever hearing her say she ate them...I think in the beginning it was for the summer flowers.
    Now, for sure going for some breakfast, moving laundry on the way...tummy is really growling! (feature that).
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Microwave bacon and some cantaloupe for breakfast. Bacon done in the microwave crisps up very nicely without a "crisper" as the bacon is generally more than fatty enough to brown up and crisp. I buy the "microwave ready" packages that have four slices per microwave batch, but I have, in the past, often done regular bacon on (and covered by) paper towels and it comes out fine. You do have to watch the timing though as the difference between done and burned is very short.

I've also warmed the "fully cooked" bacon slices in the microwave, of course, just to crisp them up. Also on (and covered by) paper towels.

89 the expected high today with 0% chance of rain.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Whee, It was 61degrees this morning, Today I have done 7.3K Steps + 1 cent. I got out late due to a rough night, I either had a stomach flu or some bad food yesterday. There is definitely a nap coming up this afternoon :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Have been up since 6...had blood drawn for "medicare wellness' visit on Friday. I only surrendered 4 large topped tubes and one purple! The little gal was good! and after she'd drawn my blood, another one of the techs, saw me, and said "I remember you! I drew your blood last time, and wasn't sure about the vein, and you told me I could do it...and I wondered why you were so confident I could get blood, until I'd drawn the blood and you confessed to being a lab tech!" I GUESS, its nice to be remembered...:) They had some new tubes I'd not seen before....they had to be GI Joe tubes, (no anticoagulant added) but they had nice orange plastic covers. I also see they have gone back to using a needle and needle holder, aka vacutainer, as opposed to that darn little I V needle. I was so glad to see that. Much less chance of hemolizing blood that way!

I'd missed the post about the two ATL restaurants. Glad Ed had been to the Marietta diner. Ted and I would have eventually found the Silver Skillet...except Mary Mac's Tea room is about 4 blocks from his apartment, and has 'southern' cooking, we walk up there when we need a 'southern fix'....not often though! Too much salt, fat, and you really have to be careful, as the collards are delicious, but have been cooked with meat, etc.

Its a beautiful day here! Sunny and 77 at nearly 11o'clock! The cold front did bring drier air, so it feels so much better than the humidity we've had all last week.

Laundry going, and need to get something to eat, (now that I've had my truly missed coffee), and then to the gym, and the Mex. Market...I'd like another avocado, and am out of radishes.
    Wednesday, I'll buy some whole button mushrooms either white or bella's, and grill them, along with whatever else I'm grilling. Today's grill will be grilled romaine heads. That is so good, I do put oil on it and salt and a bit of pepper and a really hot grill for a very quick time...yummy! Will make for a nice salad change!

Laundry needs to move to the dryer...,to bad it can't learn to do that by itself...kinda like my scraped and rinsed dishes will not pop themselves into the dishwasher!!! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    A quick question if I may, What does that mean when You say less chance of hemolizing blood?

I like Properly Cooked Collards myself even if I know they are not common food up here. The ones I had were cooked with Smoked (Cured) Pork Products such as Ham or Bacon. I did pass on the Chitterlings :) Chittlins, Spelling?

I will be stopping at the Local Grocery Store which due to the slowly changing Mix of people in this area is run by Hispanics and has a lot of Assorted Central & South American foods too. Tomorrow I want to get some Apples to extend the ones left from CostCo so they run out the same day as the Bananas. Maybe an orange or two or Nectarines or maybe Plums as I have a three pound bag of Clementines or maybe they are Tangerines, I do not remember.

I picked up the the Bananas on the greenish side and popped them in the Refrigerator along with the boxes of Dollar Store Waffles and Blueberry Waffles as I ran out of the NS ones and my order is delayed until the end of September. They are 140 and 150 calories per serving so they'll work along with the NS Pancakes, French Toast, Breakfast Sandwiches and Cinnamon Roll. I eat one of each type NS frozen Entrees and then switch to Cereal until the Opened milk is used up and then back to hot breakfasts. Probably my way of being cheap....

I picked up a quart of 2% milk and some Bananas today. The Milk is good until July 1017 :) I was looking for the 1% milk but they have not had that lately at the dollar store and I believe $1 is a decent price for Shelf Stable milk that needs no refrigeration until opened. I figure I can live with the 2% as the four ounce portion I put on the Cereal is 60 Calories vs the 1% milks 50 calories, Oh well, it is what it is.
    Back already! Roger, look what was in my 'Daily Dirt', a garden guide....
    http://mygardenguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=983&Itemid=27
    I had to grin. Also learned a bit more about Sun Chokes! I had a neighbor (in TN) who 'let them get away' from her garden and ended up with a whole lot she didn't want! I don't recall ever hearing her say she ate them...I think in the beginning it was for the summer flowers.
    Now, for sure going for some breakfast, moving laundry on the way...tummy is really growling! (feature that).

FWIW the Sunflowers were in bloom a while back, until what I suspect was a deer ate the flowers off of them. Still no Sunchoke Blooms :(

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Microwave bacon and some cantaloupe for breakfast. Bacon done in the microwave crisps up very nicely without a "crisper" as the bacon is generally more than fatty enough to brown up and crisp. I buy the "microwave ready" packages that have four slices per microwave batch, but I have, in the past, often done regular bacon on (and covered by) paper towels and it comes out fine. You do have to watch the timing though as the difference between done and burned is very short.

I've also warmed the "fully cooked" bacon slices in the microwave, of course, just to crisp them up. Also on (and covered by) paper towels.

89 the expected high today with 0% chance of rain.
    Hi Ed
    Maybe that was my problem, I did not give them long enough in the Microwave.

Have a Great Day at work and Thank You for the feedback
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi! Figured if I didn't get here soon, I'd be saying 'Good Night' :)
    Slept in this morning. Breakfast for cats and self, trip to the gym...1 hr. Cooked my 'dinner' which is what I eat at lunch time...and tonite I will eat my cereal and fruit.
    Had to cook my food indoors...ran out of grillin' food! Somehow grilled broccoli and carrots just didn't sound like 'my food' to me.

Roger...sorry about the term..hemolysis is the breaking of red blood cell walls, and releasing their contents into the plasma portion of the blood. Messes with the testing. You don't see it until you spin a tube of blood, and then the liquid plasma part is pink to red instead of pale yellow.... (white like milkshake if you have out of control cholesterol) depending on how bad it was.. It happens if the needle is too small in size, and some other non-blood drawing reasons.

Chitterlings that's what they are named...chitlin's is how they say it! :) I've never eaten them, nor had any desire to try them....and this old goat is game to try most anything...just not chitlins! LOL!!

Tomorrow is shopping day...so I'll spend the next half hour or so looking at store ads, and then with sales in mind, will make out a meal plan for the coming week..(keeping the grill in mind). Speaking of which....Roger..you said you had a gas grill. I asked Jack where he buys his, and he said Costco...$7.00. 3 times that at Publix, and more still at filling stations, etc. Just thought I'd pass that along.... That's for the big white tanks. Weighs about 35 pounds I'm guessing. I know he checked to see if I could lift it! I could, but its not a feather!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Tag day already again. High of 85 predicted with a 60% chance of rain.

The highest chance, of course, is right when I get off work to head home...

Off to the rat mines!