Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,234 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday. Amazingly a Saturday where there is NOTHING ON EITHER OF OUR CALENDARS.

I might make it out to get cat food and possibly to the farmers market for ghee and sriracha. Of course if I make it to the farmers market, I'll ALWAYS look at the fruit and vegetables...I'm lucky to get out of there without spending at least $50.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Thanks Ed. Yes, its really very hard to put pets down. Hoot did spare me that. He was a big guy, they all were. I guess that's mother nature at work. Small tom cats wouldn't fare very well in the wild.

I missed the reference about more kale, less fruit and beans? Suggesting I should eat more of them? I love beans and eat them 4-5 times a week. (and should eat more) I eat at least 1 big bunch of kale a week, some weeks twice. And spinach X2 also. I do get my greens. Fruit....I think I could live on fruit!, but limit it to 2 pieces daily, or 6 oz if its berries, or a big fruit like honeydew. I just have the very best body system for hanging on to weight. My feast or famine mechanism is stuck on famine I think! :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Guys!
    I think I may have gotten rain once or twice last night. I was hearing thunder close by just as I was crawling into bed, so I crawled right back out and unplugged the computer...
    And then sometime ???? during the night I again heard thunder. Soon as it gets daylight I'll look at the rain gauge! If I got rain it will be rather amusing. Thursday night some part of the conversation caused my DS1 to assure me we were having 5 days rain free..... his prediction lasted about 24 hours me thinks :)!

This coffee mug is approaching empty, and I'm not awake yet! Not a good thing.

Oh lordy! I am getting senile. I actually heard and noted the clock chiming....quietly. And realized it was still in hiding...since Wednesday afternoon!!! 2 days and I hadn't missed it.
    (It gets put in another room on Wednesdays, because DS1's phone picks up the chimes and it interferes with his cell. Drives him nuts... so I've gotten in the habit of putting it 'away' for our calls. ) Think I'll go rescue my clock!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 73 Degrees this morning, Today I have completed 7,910 Steps + 1 cent found in a parking lot as I was crossing it. While I was walking I went to listen to a 1948 Radio show called Escape. 2 More episodes were left and when I started to listen to them they turned out to be something different Called "Out of This World" so I went to "The Mysterious Traveler" to listen to while walking :)

It was still moderately comfortable out the door and on the return. I decided to Mow the Lawn. Afterwards I looked at the Raspberries, Plenty still not ripened however I did find 10 that were ripe :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey,
    Roger thank you...Hoot was the wildest one who never tamed. I was only allowed to touch him when I called them to eat..and if I did that too often, he would sit outside the porch and wait for me to go in the house and close the door before he'd come on the porch and eat. Sorry he's dead, but his muzzle had gotten white, and I was not overly surprised. Just saddened.

a.m. hockey...9:10 p would be a mess! I go thru business heaven, shopping malls, groceries, etc. miles and miles of them.....so, no, 9:10a.m. is just fine.

I have a blood pressure cuff I've never taken out of the box...oops.. I check it every Wednesday at Publix when I was there to do my grocery shopping...and I would log it into an app on my phone...she saw it and by the time they were done, I'd been measured with 2 different cuffs, on both arms...and it just kept getting worse til it was up to 180...if they'd kept it up I'd have probably stroked!!! LOL!!! So, new drug , back in two weeks to check it out....oh, she noticed I'd gained weight....2 pounds...I just laughed, my wt will fluctuate that much day to day....no the blood pressure was the real issue...it just irks me to no end.
    You can take your cuffs to a fire station...most check blood pressures gratis these days. And check them against theirs. Also, how far apart are they? BP's are a snap shot, and can vary a few mm/mercury from 5 minutes ago...
    I think I'm going to put a lid on this day, and go crawl in bed, check progress on the Scrabble game..., do a Suduko or two, and a word game I play...and then sleep!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    OTOH 9:10PM could make for a late return home? I say maybe as I'm not sure how long they run.

I suspect our Fire Station does not offer that service. The Fire Department and the Rescue Squad are all Volunteer as are many here in NJ. The Police are a paid force of course, Who would want a Volunteer Police Dept.

Cheers
    Roger
    Valerie, I'm so sorry to hear about Hoot. But he had a better life because of you. I have cried like a baby every time I have had to let a cat go to heaven. At least you didn't have to decide for him, which is ALWAYS very hard. Still, I know the pain.

More kale, less fruit? And beans. Beans are a diabetic's friend!

We had dinner at a nice Persian restaurant tonight. Expensive, but very nice.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday. Amazingly a Saturday where there is NOTHING ON EITHER OF OUR CALENDARS.

I might make it out to get cat food and possibly to the farmers market for ghee and sriracha. Of course if I make it to the farmers market, I'll ALWAYS look at the fruit and vegetables...I'm lucky to get out of there without spending at least $50.
    Hi Ed
    Expensive can sometimes be worth it :)

Your Farmers market sounds like me at CostCo, It is rare I get out under $100+.

Have a Great Easy Weekend
    Roger
    Thanks Ed. Yes, its really very hard to put pets down. Hoot did spare me that. He was a big guy, they all were. I guess that's mother nature at work. Small tom cats wouldn't fare very well in the wild.

I missed the reference about more kale, less fruit and beans? Suggesting I should eat more of them? I love beans and eat them 4-5 times a week. (and should eat more) I eat at least 1 big bunch of kale a week, some weeks twice. And spinach X2 also. I do get my greens. Fruit....I think I could live on fruit!, but limit it to 2 pieces daily, or 6 oz if its berries, or a big fruit like honeydew. I just have the very best body system for hanging on to weight. My feast or famine mechanism is stuck on famine I think! :)

Hi Again
    I often said that I had a Cave Man Body, In my mind they used to store food easily in their body for the lean winter time when food was limited. Hence to me they had a feast or famine type of life style. That is why I believe so many people have problems losing weight.
    Good Morning Guys!
    I think I may have gotten rain once or twice last night. I was hearing thunder close by just as I was crawling into bed, so I crawled right back out and unplugged the computer...
    And then sometime ???? during the night I again heard thunder. Soon as it gets daylight I'll look at the rain gauge! If I got rain it will be rather amusing. Thursday night some part of the conversation caused my DS1 to assure me we were having 5 days rain free..... his prediction lasted about 24 hours me thinks :)!

This coffee mug is approaching empty, and I'm not awake yet! Not a good thing.

Oh lordy! I am getting senile. I actually heard and noted the clock chiming....quietly. And realized it was still in hiding...since Wednesday afternoon!!! 2 days and I hadn't missed it.
    (It gets put in another room on Wednesdays, because DS1's phone picks up the chimes and it interferes with his cell. Drives him nuts... so I've gotten in the habit of putting it 'away' for our calls. ) Think I'll go rescue my clock!

Later...
    Hi Again
    Thunder does not automatically equal rain but is a decent predictor :)

I wonder how it interferes with his cell? Is it just the sound bothers him or worse :)

We have a cheap battery powered clock on top of a bookcase in the Living Room that chimes on the hour. I say Bookcase as that is what the box said when I bought them at Staples years ago. However the two of them that flank the TV table have mostly DVDs and the one actually has over one whole shelf with Zane Grey Books in it out of 7 shelves.

Our Second Fig tree actually has tiny figs growing now. I wonder if they'll make it to ripe before the frost sets in. That mean that both of them have fruited and this is the first year for them as well as the Raspberries.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo

From the MFP staff:
    Upcoming Upgrade To Our Backend Software Monday, August 29th, 2016 - 9pm

Nova

Starting around 9pm PDT on Monday, August 29th, 2016, we will be upgrading some of our backend software. This should take between 10-30 minutes, if all goes well. During this time period, please expect delays. The delays can manifest in any possible way, so please be
    patient with us until the upgrade is complete. Our team will be monitoring this upgrade closely, should any issues arise, in order to promptly attend to any issues.

We update this article as any more or new information becomes available, and once the upgrade is complete. Please check back for further updates.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hockey game itself is one hour...need to ad in 10-15 ice time for them to warm up, and I'm 45 minutes from the rink...That would get me home at 11p, No thanks!!! :) Later than that if I wanted to say Hi to Nate!!! He and the team have to take all that gear and skates off..roll another 20 minutes into that equation. :) I'd be a road hazard! LOL!!

Last nights thunder yield about 0.2 inches of rain...not going to help the lake, but may help my flower beds a bit...and I'm sure the mosquitoes loved it too.

Just finishing my lunch. Grilled 2 ears of corn, one will be cut off the cob, and used to make black bean and corn salsa..I ate the other one, and had 'crispy baked tofu triangles' and salad to go with it. I'd argue the crispy tofu! Its good, but tough is not same as crispy! LOL!! At least it was only half the brick...the other half will become Eggless Egg Salad shortly after my dinner settles. That will give it time to get really flavorful and good for lunch tomorrow. I also grilled a medium sized eggplant to make some babaganoush for later.

Hope your fig ripens quickly, Roger. I enjoyed the few figs that I'd get, and decided mine anyhow wasn't worth the space it took up..so with DS2's help....it is no more!

Time for this 'Griller' to return to the scullery!

Later...

• parityanimal
    Well, I got the cat food, but never got to the market. Remembered I needed to pick up a prescription at Publix and got a lunch for J from the frozen foods. He had an Amy's Mexican Casserole, which he likes, a lot.

Dinner tonight was fried corn and a portabella, potato, bell pepper and onion hash I made as the main course. The corn was the replacement from my CSA dealer for the extremely trimmed corn from the prior week. And this week's corn was NOT trimmed at all, and was all very nice. J enjoyed the fried corn and the hash too. Dinner tonight, actually, was ENTIRELY from the CSA box, except for the bit of butter in the fried corn, and the peanut oil used to fry the hash.

Nice to occasionally make everything from the box. I still need to clean, trim, and cut about three pounds of green beans from this week's box. I wasn't expecting nearly that many beans but have NO issues with that. I love green beans. And they sent 4 nice portabella heads too! More of those than I expected, and they were nice and "meaty" and delicious.

Finishing off some wine now, and watching a video with J and D.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Woke up fairly early, as rather expected, fed Lilo and made my breakfast.

I need to get these fresh black eyed peas into a slow cooker, maybe get out to the Farmers Market this morning, and get some laundry done.

It seems one of the longer term employees (who has expressed dissatisfaction with some things about the job) decided Friday, despite the fact that I've been trying to work with him and store management on those issues, to just leave the keys to the kiosk in the door and go home. I think it's safe to say that means he quits. I understand his issues and believe we could have eventually worked them out but he would not have been there much longer anyway, I suspect, as he had been interviewing for other jobs and plans to go to dental school in the spring anyway.

At least I don't have to worry about scheduling him any longer and the two newest people wanted more hours anyway. So they'll get them now.

OK. Enough rambling, or I'll lose focus and get lost on the internet for hours and the beans won't be done.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was in the 60s today, Just barely at 69.5 degrees, Today I did 9,029 Steps so far. "The Mysterious Traveler" to listen to while walking is working fine to keep me entertained :)

Wildlife I saw while walking :)
    YH3V4i.jpg
    8l1xfm.jpg

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday morning,
    My coffee is already cold...and pretty much consumed..:) I've been on the internet...no need to say more. LOL!
    Pretty bright sky this morning, I"m enjoying watching the sunbeams sneak thru the trees...won't be long and they'll be gone for the year..:(
    I need to move a load of clothes to the dryer, and fold the ones already in the dryer. I totally forgot them yesterday...seems once everything was finished in the washer, my brain ticked that job off as done.... oh, how I wish!!!
    Other than finishing my laundry, nothing 'pressing' today. :) I'm sure I'll dabble here and there, probably spend some time in the kitchen...found a couple interesting recipes to try...etc!

Ed, sorry you're losing an employee, but sounds almost like it will be easier with him gone?
    Enjoy those green beans...so glad they aren't mine to deal with. That is one vegetable I gratefully eat frozen if french cut, or canned. :) For all the time I spend in the kitchen, that is probably my least fav. chore.

Roger...hope your walk was a good one... always like knowing where you've stopped, what landscape plants you've enjoyed, etc. Wish I could spend more time outside....but that time is coming, so I just need patience... Not likely to find coins in my neighborhood, for that I need to be in shopping centers, store parking lots, etc. And then its always 'lean pickings', but fun for some reason! I dunno why.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hockey game itself is one hour...need to ad in 10-15 ice time for them to warm up, and I'm 45 minutes from the rink...That would get me home at 11p, No thanks!!! :) Later than that if I wanted to say Hi to Nate!!! He and the team have to take all that gear and skates off..roll another 20 minutes into that equation. :) I'd be a road hazard! LOL!!

Last nights thunder yield about 0.2 inches of rain...not going to help the lake, but may help my flower beds a bit...and I'm sure the mosquitoes loved it too.

Just finishing my lunch. Grilled 2 ears of corn, one will be cut off the cob, and used to make black bean and corn salsa..I ate the other one, and had 'crispy baked tofu triangles' and salad to go with it. I'd argue the crispy tofu! Its good, but tough is not same as crispy! LOL!! At least it was only half the brick...the other half will become Eggless Egg Salad shortly after my dinner settles. That will give it time to get really flavorful and good for lunch tomorrow. I also grilled a medium sized eggplant to make some babaganoush for later.

Hope your fig ripens quickly, Roger. I enjoyed the few figs that I'd get, and decided mine anyhow wasn't worth the space it took up..so with DS2's help....it is no more!

Time for this 'Griller' to return to the scullery!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Just in case You missed it since I had posted before You did :)

Wildlife I saw while walking :)
    YH3V4i.jpg
    8l1xfm.jpg

Part of the homemade raised planting bed.
    6tn6NF.jpg

This is one he bought to try from a catalog
    k5ZyHI.jpg

I would have thought that a real Good Crispy is hard without deep frying in oil :)
    Baking or grilling IMO does not yield exactly the same results. I never had great crispy French Fries done in the house. I can get decent but not great. The best were when I used what looks like a Deep Wok with a flat portion on the bottom and a skillet handle filled moderately deep and keep flipping the fries to get them into the oil. They were pretty close, Not as good as the MsDonalds Fries were before they changed them to satisfy the Fat patrol :)

Every little bit of rain is more than none !

We did get three ripe figs off of the first production and there a more tiny ones on the stems. Hopefully they get there before the cold weather gets them and the trees need to be wrapped for the winter.
    Good Sunday morning,
    My coffee is already cold...and pretty much consumed..:) I've been on the internet...no need to say more. LOL!
    Pretty bright sky this morning, I"m enjoying watching the sunbeams sneak thru the trees...won't be long and they'll be gone for the year..:(
    I need to move a load of clothes to the dryer, and fold the ones already in the dryer. I totally forgot them yesterday...seems once everything was finished in the washer, my brain ticked that job off as done.... oh, how I wish!!!
    Other than finishing my laundry, nothing 'pressing' today. :) I'm sure I'll dabble here and there, probably spend some time in the kitchen...found a couple interesting recipes to try...etc!

Ed, sorry you're losing an employee, but sounds almost like it will be easier with him gone?
    Enjoy those green beans...so glad they aren't mine to deal with. That is one vegetable I gratefully eat frozen if french cut, or canned. :) For all the time I spend in the kitchen, that is probably my least fav. chore.

Roger...hope your walk was a good one... always like knowing where you've stopped, what landscape plants you've enjoyed, etc. Wish I could spend more time outside....but that time is coming, so I just need patience... Not likely to find coins in my neighborhood, for that I need to be in shopping centers, store parking lots, etc. And then its always 'lean pickings', but fun for some reason! I dunno why.

Later...

Hi Again
    I actually do find some of the money walking down the street or on the sidewalks. Some streets have no sidewalk :)

I am not a huge fan of canned Green Beans or other Vegetables even if I do keep a few cans in the pantry as a reserve just in case. Fresh are OK, Just a nuisance to trip the stem ends. The Frozen from CostCo are good and ready to Microwave too.

I need to get a load of laundry started too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Well, I got the cat food, but never got to the market. Remembered I needed to pick up a prescription at Publix and got a lunch for J from the frozen foods. He had an Amy's Mexican Casserole, which he likes, a lot.

Dinner tonight was fried corn and a portabella, potato, bell pepper and onion hash I made as the main course. The corn was the replacement from my CSA dealer for the extremely trimmed corn from the prior week. And this week's corn was NOT trimmed at all, and was all very nice. J enjoyed the fried corn and the hash too. Dinner tonight, actually, was ENTIRELY from the CSA box, except for the bit of butter in the fried corn, and the peanut oil used to fry the hash.

Nice to occasionally make everything from the box. I still need to clean, trim, and cut about three pounds of green beans from this week's box. I wasn't expecting nearly that many beans but have NO issues with that. I love green beans. And they sent 4 nice portabella heads too! More of those than I expected, and they were nice and "meaty" and delicious.

Finishing off some wine now, and watching a video with J and D.
    Hi Ed
    It sounds as if You had a great experience based on Your complaint. We tend to use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking. Myself for the little I fry and My brother for all frying excluding when he Cooks Bacon and then he fries his egg and Potato in it.

Those are the Mushrooms I see being used a lot on the cooking shows for a meaty texture or to replace the Bun in some sandwiches.

As they say, The best made plans can go astray.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Woke up fairly early, as rather expected, fed Lilo and made my breakfast.

I need to get these fresh black eyed peas into a slow cooker, maybe get out to the Farmers Market this morning, and get some laundry done.

It seems one of the longer term employees (who has expressed dissatisfaction with some things about the job) decided Friday, despite the fact that I've been trying to work with him and store management on those issues, to just leave the keys to the kiosk in the door and go home. I think it's safe to say that means he quits. I understand his issues and believe we could have eventually worked them out but he would not have been there much longer anyway, I suspect, as he had been interviewing for other jobs and plans to go to dental school in the spring anyway.

At least I don't have to worry about scheduling him any longer and the two newest people wanted more hours anyway. So they'll get them now.

OK. Enough rambling, or I'll lose focus and get lost on the internet for hours and the beans won't be done.
    Hi Again
    IME sometimes You can not make some people happy and that is the way it is. Good Luck with the new hires.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    1vWx7D.jpg

dchets.jpg

hWPCi1.jpg

MLWCUq.jpg

6DeRlO.jpg
    Ah, The Good Old Days :)
  • parityanimal
    Well, I'm back from the market...they didn't have the exact kind of sriracha I wanted so I'll have to go to a different one for that. As expected, didn't get away without spending at least $50...

Powerade Zero Mixed Berry 12-pack - $5.99
    Diet Coke Caffeine Free - $1.59
    Maggi Tamarina Tamarind Sauce - $3.99
    Nanak Pure Desi Ghee 800 grams - $15.99
    2 @ $.79 Powerade Zero Lemon Lime 32 oz - $1.58
    2 @ $2.99 each Pomegranate LG - $5.98
    1.23 lb @ 10.49/lb Cherimoyas - 12.90 (reputed to be the sweetest fruit in the world?)
    Nestle Kit Kat Green Tea - $3.99 (small bag, just for weirdness)
    Biscuits Korovka Chocolate - $0.99 (J likes these)
    Net Sales - $53.00
    Tax - $1.59
    Total - $54.59

And there you go...over $50 as anticipated. LOL.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, I had to look up Cherimoyas...and now I want one! Sounds delicious, has 30g. sugar!! sure should be sweet..also lots of other great vits and minerals! Seeds toxic, and skin too.
    Will keep my eyes open to see if I can find one.

Roger loved the pix of the gardens! I rather liked your brothers raised garden best! Cute deer, if they stay in the woods! Otherwise, its 'shoo pests' :)

My lunch today was quite good...I made babaganoush, and more eggless egg salad, fixed a nice salad, and a new Thousand Island Dressing that was oil free, and tasted pretty good! I will make it again, next time I'll use just a tad less water. It was thinner than I would have liked. The base was soaked cashews...

Cereal for dinner about 7...& kitchen closed.

Thinking about finding the Cherimoyas...mex market next door, Assi just up the street, H-Mart ?, doubtful Whole Foods, International market on Lawrenceville Highway?....so I do have choices...and then there is Amazon....but I'd have to rob a bank! Can't get just 2 or 3 :(

Ok, clothes to fold, and a few other things to keep me moving along.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 89 is the predicted high today with 0% chance of rain. I'll take that I guess.

Finished off last night's black eyed peas for breakfast.

Off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo

08/28/2016 100%

Hi
    It was in the 70s today, 74.55 degrees, Today I did 8,200 Steps + One Thin Dime so far. The Humidity is up to a Dew Point of 65 which is above the comfortable range. Later on this week the weather is supposed to be better :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
    Well, I'm back from the market...they didn't have the exact kind of sriracha I wanted so I'll have to go to a different one for that. As expected, didn't get away without spending at least $50...

Powerade Zero Mixed Berry 12-pack - $5.99
    Diet Coke Caffeine Free - $1.59
    Maggi Tamarina Tamarind Sauce - $3.99
    Nanak Pure Desi Ghee 800 grams - $15.99
    2 @ $.79 Powerade Zero Lemon Lime 32 oz - $1.58
    2 @ $2.99 each Pomegranate LG - $5.98
    1.23 lb @ 10.49/lb Cherimoyas - 12.90 (reputed to be the sweetest fruit in the world?)
    Nestle Kit Kat Green Tea - $3.99 (small bag, just for weirdness)
    Biscuits Korovka Chocolate - $0.99 (J likes these)
    Net Sales - $53.00
    Tax - $1.59
    Total - $54.59

And there you go...over $50 as anticipated. LOL.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 89 is the predicted high today with 0% chance of rain. I'll take that I guess.

Finished off last night's black eyed peas for breakfast.
    Hi Ed
    I remember not that long ago when I thought $0.99 was high for Pomegranates :)

As I remember the weather forecast out high for today is a little higher than Yours, one or two degrees, and dry.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
    Ok, I had to look up Cherimoyas...and now I want one! Sounds delicious, has 30g. sugar!! sure should be sweet..also lots of other great vits and minerals! Seeds toxic, and skin too.
    Will keep my eyes open to see if I can find one.

Roger loved the pix of the gardens! I rather liked your brothers raised garden best! Cute deer, if they stay in the woods! Otherwise, its 'shoo pests' :)

My lunch today was quite good...I made babaganoush, and more eggless egg salad, fixed a nice salad, and a new Thousand Island Dressing that was oil free, and tasted pretty good! I will make it again, next time I'll use just a tad less water. It was thinner than I would have liked. The base was soaked cashews...

Cereal for dinner about 7...& kitchen closed.

Thinking about finding the Cherimoyas...mex market next door, Assi just up the street, H-Mart ?, doubtful Whole Foods, International market on Lawrenceville Highway?....so I do have choices...and then there is Amazon....but I'd have to rob a bank! Can't get just 2 or 3 :(

Ok, clothes to fold, and a few other things to keep me moving along.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I think I might be afraid the Cherimoyas Would spike my Blood Sugar, 30g seems like a lot to me.

Is it really Egg Salad when there are no Eggs? :)

Cereal and a Banana for Breakfast for me. I have been trying a change before I walk. I always had the Mornings Banana before heading out the door. The last two days I have been having a Protein Shake with 20g and 30g Protein.

Did You mean the Home Made Bed or the Galvanized Bed? When I am walking on some routes I can see where the Deer have been eating off of peoples Sunflowers or Hostas. Darned destructive pests. That picture of the deer was shot off of a Bridge over that Brook AKA Creek. It was sitting there sideways to the bridge until i managed to get the Camera out and powered up and then as You can it had decided to move on. The Road noise does not seem to bother it.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Monday Morning, barely!
    Been up for at least 3 hours...computer clean up. :)
    Yes, that is a lot of fructose, but nicely tempered with the 7 grams of fiber. If eaten with a lower carb meal it should not spike BS. (statement a little out of my 'for sure', but I do know fiber tamps down the immediate release of sugar..)
    My tofu Eggless Egg Salad is so Egg Salad...I'm gonna go tell Mom you're picking on me!!!! LOL! Looks like egg salad...tastes like I remember egg salad... yep, its egg salad...who needs egg? :)
    Now, my turn to 'pick'.:) ..Roger on a daily basis, what is your total Protein intake?? And what is recommended for our age group???? I know mine is 48g per day average. There are a ton of formula's based on ideal weight, and charts based on age, etc. I looked it up, but I'll allow you the fun of figuring it out....also keep in mind that this is Daily Recommended...and I remember those NS meals are protein packed...

Mind shift: Has anybody seen 'new/ this years crop' apples yet? I'm guessing in upstate NY and 'norther', apples are being picked. Not quite time here except for one or two oddball varieties. I'm jonesing for some good fall apples....

Today's list is long, so I'd best get going.
    Later...

• parityanimal
    Tonight’s dinner was sautéed potato, onion, and broccoli, topped with cheese.

Wine of choice: LaGranja Verdejo Viura, 70% Verdejo, 30% Viura, 2015, Spain. Very fruit forward, not a lot of acid, sort of light and fluffy. Yes, that’s a good word. Fluffy. Good pairing with the sauté.

The best apples I've had recently were some oddball variety I'd never heard of from New Zealand...pretty good, I must say.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, I think we're shopping at the same grocery...New Zealand apple variety starts with a K?
    So far, best I could find also.

I love the whole concept of fluffy tasting wine!!!???

Heading for my bed, and a couple games, and sleep.

You'll see this in the morning Ed, so, 'Hope your day goes well'
    See Ya!!!