Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,234 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Even more fabulous because I'm NOT AT WORK! :)

So why am I awake? Well, it is Friday...and I DID get nearly two hours sleep more than usual and may go back for more after going downstairs for some breakfast in about 45 minutes.

Downtown Hotlanta forecast for today: 82 for the high and 60% chance of rain. Of course I didn't bring my umbrella. But I'll be fine.

In addition to the eggs, sausage, bacon, and pastries, I hope they have a banana downstairs. I brought some Powerade ZERO with me (sipping some now) and may have some tea in a while.

We did something unusual, for us in Atlanta. We drove downtown instead of taking the MARTA! And we're paying for valet parking. Our hotel isn't all that close to the downtown MARTA station and it's really a pain moving luggage and "stuff" for 4 people through the MARTA stations, packed MARTA trains, and then the downtown streets and sidewalks to the hotel. We know because we did it last year. And prior years. I'm getting too old for that.

I also brought a convertible cane, that folds out to a small canvas seat, as my old knees, back, and right hip often have trouble with long standing times in lines that aren't moving. Gives me a seat to rest on and something to lean on so I don't look so strange walking a little bent over to minimize the pain in the hip and back. I suppose I ought to find a chiropractor in my home area...and will, eventually.

Well now breakfast is scheduled to be about 30 minutes away and I have yet to do any other internet browsing so OFF TO THE SALT RACES...er, OFF TO THE INTERNET!

:)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 67 degrees as I went out the door. Today I did 8.3K Steps. Today the weather is supposed to be best for several days to come :)

While Walking I had 7 smallish Deer walk out of a side road several block from the house and saunter across the road and down a different street, stopping to eat somebody's landscaping on their way back to the Brook where they shelter by day.

On a TV History note.
    Three's Company is an American sitcom television series that aired eight seasons on ABC, from March 15, 1977, to September 18, 1984. It is based on the British sitcom Man About the House.
    Having watched Both Shows I will mention that the American version first episode is near enough to identical to the British version the show is based on.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning...TGIF...and Ed seems to be really enjoying it! I'm so glad. We all deserve a fantastic Friday when we feel like kids playing hooky from school!! :smiley:
    Ed, enjoy Dragon Con!! Pix Please?...I love seeing some of the costumes. If its a slow news day I'll look for you on TV Noon News!!!

Meanwhile I think we are feeling the effects of Hermine. The wind blows not wildly, but noticeably in spurts, and it has gotten considerably Darker since I first got up. Like we just experienced the 'shortest ever day in GA'...or else I've woken in the land of the endless night, which must be in the southern hemisphere right now, with constant daylight coming into Alaska.. I'm guessing maybe we'll see a spot or two of that predicted rain.

Some cleaning to do today, maybe a nap if this keeps up! Supposed to be lower 80's as Ed pointed out, and I had thought it might be a good day to mow....but, upon looking at my driveway we've already had just a very light shower, but not totally wet pavement under the trees, etc. So, lawn will not dry today!

Roger, whats happening in Jersey? I hope its a good walking day. Meant to tell you yesterday, as I was leaving the kids house the other evening, I saw a pretty doe, just munching away on somebody's mailbox flower garden! She wasn't very freaked by my car either....looked up as if to say 'Oh, another one of those', and went right on eating. :) Just glad she didn't panic and jump onto my car. Crazy deer!

My niece in Mo played around with growing container potatoes, and yesterday 'dug' her bounty, and posted pix to me and her Dad. She'd gotten some mixed colored potato seed evidently, as there were rosy reds, dark purple, white, and yellow ones. She grew them in potting soil, in 2 containers...and she went all out on the containers, teehee! one was an old red kitchen sized trash can, the other just a big black pot. Since they grew in potting soil she said reaching in and feeling for potatoes was a whole lot easier than digging in the garden! I'll bet it was!!! :) Made me think of your brothers garden and his sweet potatoes...
    Maybe, just maybe next spring I can find a garden spot here in my yard...though I doubt I really have enough sun anywhere to support a garden. My electric bill for July 25-Aug 25 was a whopping $66. All those 90+ degree days and hot nights.... That's how much shade I have:)

O, need to move, no wait, we're about to begin the cardinal feeding dance...except the fraidy one has also come onto the porch....hmmmmm. Next week they'll probably bring their friends!

Later...

• RogerToo
    Roger,
    Bird feeder would bring a wider variety of winged fowl :) May also entice more squirrels and sometimes deer, rats, raccoons, and/or possums! At one time years ago...pre cats era, I used suet cakes in heavy wire cages for the woodpeckers....the varmits STOLE the entire thing...cage and all. Never did find the cage... :) Strongly suspect raccoons. That was before I knew there was an abundance of them in the woods behind my house. Blue birds?, I'd be curious to know what the was feeding them....Real Eastern Bluebirds??

The Steam Cleaner, Bissell...is not releasing fluid thru the floor part...the hand held for stairs and or upholstery works fine. There's a piece under the fluid tank that I need to remove and clean, I hope. Read the booklet on line...seems to be the issue.

The Papa, is Nate and Livy's last living grandfather. Jenn's step dad...but the father figure in her life most all of her years... These kids LOVE their PaPa and MeMe! Nate bonded with PaPa from day one...and if Ivan's around none of the rest of us 'count' for anything!!! In truth, we all love PaPa!!! So there is a sigh of relief that he should have a smooth recovery and be returned to his grands in good health. Their biological granddad died 2 years ago in August, as did his wife. It was a bad month. So glad August is over and we still have Papa! I was holding my breath!

Waiting now for the washer to finish its rinse and spin cycle, then off to the gym to deal with a much different 'cycle'...aka the recumbent bike. Seems to be helping my psoas, making it easier to get around with less pain. 73 has not so far been a 'kind' year to me! Hope it gets its act together so I can replace it with 74! Holding out hope!

Just noticed the outdoor temp is 87. Started at 71 this morning..so fast warm up on this sunny day! Humidity seems to be staying low...watching to see if that Tropical storm stays south of us, as predicted this morning. Rain would be nice, but...not like that!

My DS1 pointed out the other day that he hadn't seen a squirrel in nearly 2 weeks...Wait WHAT?, and he attributed it to having 3 screech owls and a big horned owl that he is seeing. I don't think I have owls,...but you know, I'm not up very long after sunset, and god knows I wouldn't hear one unless it LANDED on my shoulder and 'whooo-ed' in my ear! LOL!!!

Ok, washer sounds quiet....time to go.
    Hi Valerie
    We will most likely be putting the Bird feeder out on the hook where the hanging plant's basket is right now. Last year we mostly attracted the common birds, However we also had Cardinals, Bluebirds and Yellow colored birds. I have no idea what was being scattered for bird food, sorry, he was sowing it out on the Lawn.

We put the same type of cage out for the same reason and The Darned Squirrels decimated it so that was the end of that. I'm not spending money to feed the overabundance of tree rats in this area. We gave up on a couple of feeders for the same reason. The One that seems to work has a spring loaded part that covers the openings to the food if a squirrel climbs on it to feed :)

FWIW I am not that far behind You in age. I hope/plan :) to live long enough to get SSI & my Pension for as long a period of time as I contributed to them.

I believe that the larger Owls can carry of Squirrels and Rabbits too. It could also be something else like a Fox or Coyote or ??

I was always happy when a family member had a good outcome from the hospital too. So nice when they can regain health. I hope I'm making sense with my sentence structure here. Somehow it just does not look quite right.

They had a redesigned part for our refrigerator to cure chronic ice build up.
    Good Luck fixing the Bissel, I wonder if there is a redesigned part for that problem.
    Roger
    Fixing to leave. Just need to finish the last of the sugar glider food for D to serve them.

Roger, I have, in the distant past, used Hamburger Helper. Too salty, and I can make the same type dishes in one pan without needing the box. And mine taste far better.

It was even MORE in the distant past that I tried Shake 'n Bake and was not impressed. Again, I can make a similar coating, much tastier, and I know exactly what I put in it.

I left additional instructions for the fill in person tomorrow (and whoever does it Monday) with the department head. The person tomorrow is turning out to be one of the better fill in people, so that reduced my anxiety somewhat. Hopefully they can get him to fill in Monday as well. In any case, I intend to enjoy our hotel room and Dragon Con as much as I can and not answer any calls from Kroger...unless I'm in a really good mood.

No one even suggested I give up my holiday. I think they all realize if I don't get one I may go bat*kitten* crazy...
    Hi Ed
    The last things I tried from the freezer case were Boston Market and Atkins Frozen Entrees, Both Were salty to me also. I was less than impressed, It seems so many use salt to cover other taste deficiencies. Or it could be that is what the Public wants ?

Enjoy the Convention, If I said I have never been to one per se, Only the Computer shows in the 80s and 90s that used to be all over locally for parts and consumables and even entire systems much cheaper than in the stores too.
    This was the first ones I ever went to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trenton_Computer_Festival
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Even more fabulous because I'm NOT AT WORK! :)

So why am I awake? Well, it is Friday...and I DID get nearly two hours sleep more than usual and may go back for more after going downstairs for some breakfast in about 45 minutes.

Downtown Hotlanta forecast for today: 82 for the high and 60% chance of rain. Of course I didn't bring my umbrella. But I'll be fine.

In addition to the eggs, sausage, bacon, and pastries, I hope they have a banana downstairs. I brought some Powerade ZERO with me (sipping some now) and may have some tea in a while.

We did something unusual, for us in Atlanta. We drove downtown instead of taking the MARTA! And we're paying for valet parking. Our hotel isn't all that close to the downtown MARTA station and it's really a pain moving luggage and "stuff" for 4 people through the MARTA stations, packed MARTA trains, and then the downtown streets and sidewalks to the hotel. We know because we did it last year. And prior years. I'm getting too old for that.

I also brought a convertible cane, that folds out to a small canvas seat, as my old knees, back, and right hip often have trouble with long standing times in lines that aren't moving. Gives me a seat to rest on and something to lean on so I don't look so strange walking a little bent over to minimize the pain in the hip and back. I suppose I ought to find a chiropractor in my home area...and will, eventually.

Well now breakfast is scheduled to be about 30 minutes away and I have yet to do any other internet browsing so OFF TO THE SALT RACES...er, OFF TO THE INTERNET!

:)
    Hi Again
    That is a really smart idea a cane that is also a seat, Brilliant really. It has inspired me to look and see what they cost, probably on Amazon :)

I can completely understand using a car vs Mass transit. Mass transit is not really geared towards travelers with luggage IMO.

Hopefully they had a suitable breakfast menu for You.
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger! :) I have a new hobby for you....go to GoodWill, or any used book store, and pick up a 'simple' bird I.D. book. Keep it near the window you use to see the bird feeder...figure out what the 'yellow colored' bird it....Or you can be like my father, who when the field next to our house was 'alive' with hopping around goldfinches, identified them as 'canaries', and told my little bro and myself, that we could catch one, IF we sprinkled salt on its tail....Needless to say we tried, and that got old very quickly. Later in life, when I started feeding birds, I learned 'blue birds' could be any number of birds, and yellow birds pretty much were never canaries, but migrating Gold Finches!!! And then there were the 'red birds'..... :) I found bird feeding was great fun. The 'ground feeding' birds, like cardinals, doves, blue jays, grackles, black birds, etc were attracted to the food in the yard!!! The littler birds like the 20 or more varieties of sparrows, finches, chick-a-dees, titmouse, etc love the feeders. I got some really nice, big feeders with a wooden dowel perch, that anything heavier than a cardinal would shut off the seed supply....worked for about a month, before the 'Kitten, Kitten, Kitten' squirrels chewed the bar off, and then they could perch on one side or the other, and eat away til their little bellies were full, and my feeders were empty.
    Also about the squirrels.....DS1 said last night that he'd done a search about missing squirrels, and it seems as though its a normal phenom....as every year about the dog days of Summer there were posts asking and guessing the cause of 'no squirrels... Now, I'm really curious as to why this happens. :) Might just keep me at my computer all day trying to find out! :)

No, mass transit not really for luggage, and yet our MARTA cars have location at one end of each car for luggage, or bikes, etc... and one of the rail lines most definitely goes to Hartsfield International. I know I take the train to the airport....driving and parking down there is not the best idea in the world....

Roger I'm with you on living long enough to re-coop the money paid into SS. :)

Would love to see a pix of the cane that becomes a seat....wonderful idea!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Roger! :) I have a new hobby for you....go to GoodWill, or any used book store, and pick up a 'simple' bird I.D. book. Keep it near the window you use to see the bird feeder...figure out what the 'yellow colored' bird it....Or you can be like my father, who when the field next to our house was 'alive' with hopping around goldfinches, identified them as 'canaries', and told my little bro and myself, that we could catch one, IF we sprinkled salt on its tail....Needless to say we tried, and that got old very quickly. Later in life, when I started feeding birds, I learned 'blue birds' could be any number of birds, and yellow birds pretty much were never canaries, but migrating Gold Finches!!! And then there were the 'red birds'..... :) I found bird feeding was great fun. The 'ground feeding' birds, like cardinals, doves, blue jays, grackles, black birds, etc were attracted to the food in the yard!!! The littler birds like the 20 or more varieties of sparrows, finches, chick-a-dees, titmouse, etc love the feeders. I got some really nice, big feeders with a wooden dowel perch, that anything heavier than a cardinal would shut off the seed supply....worked for about a month, before the 'Kitten, Kitten, Kitten' squirrels chewed the bar off, and then they could perch on one side or the other, and eat away til their little bellies were full, and my feeders were empty.
    Also about the squirrels.....DS1 said last night that he'd done a search about missing squirrels, and it seems as though its a normal phenom....as every year about the dog days of Summer there were posts asking and guessing the cause of 'no squirrels... Now, I'm really curious as to why this happens. :) Might just keep me at my computer all day trying to find out! :)

No, mass transit not really for luggage, and yet our MARTA cars have location at one end of each car for luggage, or bikes, etc... and one of the rail lines most definitely goes to Hartsfield International. I know I take the train to the airport....driving and parking down there is not the best idea in the world....

Roger I'm with you on living long enough to re-coop the money paid into SS. :)

Would love to see a pix of the cane that becomes a seat....wonderful idea!!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    We do have two books to ID birds, I just never got around to it for the different sized Yellow Birds. The Spring loaded feeder I have seems to attract all size birds, Sadly the Crows have figured out how to eat there too, They perch on one side and reach around to another side. Did I mention it is a square?

We Get Doves too, They seem to find the seed that the other birds scatter, Those messy eaters :)

I took a Look to see what was available as it is a intriguing product for me. I can walk, however if I stand too long I get really stiff.

I also saw these http://www.fashionablecanes.com/90338.html
    and this M37ril.jpg
    I suspect I would not like the others that use a tripod to hold the seat when I was walking with it.

Enjoy the Upcoming Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Some Humor as We head into Labor Day
    3iw83k.gif

OBYnMR.jpg

A9YQao.jpg
    That Could have been me if I went to Starbucks :)

HBUrsH.jpg

DK6r9v.jpg
    And last but Not Least, Good For them.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 84 is the predicted high with 0% chance of rain. Despite yesterday's 60%, we never really got caught in any rain. It DID rain while J and I were playing a board game in the gaming area, but was finished by the time we got out of that building. And I felt THREE RAINDROPS while we were walking to Waffle House for supper. So technically I guess I got rained on but it wasn't a problem.

The hotel had sufficient proteins AND a banana on the breakfast buffet so I came out OK. Included some oatmeal with sliced almonds and a sprinkle of crunchy granola too. If there is oatmeal again today, I may add raisins to that mix. Yesterday scrambled eggs and a sausage patty finished it out, along with one small cup of decaf. We've stayed in this hotel before and they tend to alternate between sausage and bacon. I'm much more likely to over-indulge with bacon...because, well, it's BACON! And if I'm not having sausage on a biscuit, I really prefer a couple of crispy links over a patty, but I'll take what's there.

Well, it's late enough now that they should be about set up. They ran late with breakfast yesterday, so I'm giving them a bit more extra time today before going down. But by the time I get dressed and comb my beard and all, I would think they will have it out and ready to serve.

Not taking a lot of pictures, but will likely get a few crowd shots later. Individual pictures display the costumes better, but that requires (at least for me) asking permission of the individuals and tends to clog up the activity of running around. I understand people wanting that, and a lot of people seem to enjoy being photographed, but it does disrupt the flow of walking traffic, and I find it a bit annoying when I have to work my way around it, so I don't want to add to that disruption myself.

One year I dressed as Obi-wan Kenobi and a lady's kids wanted a picture with me, so I posed for that, but it was not in a "traffic" area so I didn't feel like I was annoying anyone. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of Eddie-wan Kenobi to put up here. I wore that to work at the IRS one year too and might be able to find that picture.

OK. Enough rambling as the stomach is rumbling.

Later, gators!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 67 degrees out the door, Today I did 8,880 Steps 8 steps shy of four 8s :)

I walked up to the bank yesterday afternoon after the Mailman came by. It was OK walking up, for some reason on the return I felt the warmth of the sun and day much worse. I ended up over 12K steps for the day.

Supposedly Hermine will arrive in my area sometime Sunday and then meander off of the coast causing coastal flooding from the onshore winds.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 84 is the predicted high with 0% chance of rain. Despite yesterday's 60%, we never really got caught in any rain. It DID rain while J and I were playing a board game in the gaming area, but was finished by the time we got out of that building. And I felt THREE RAINDROPS while we were walking to Waffle House for supper. So technically I guess I got rained on but it wasn't a problem.

The hotel had sufficient proteins AND a banana on the breakfast buffet so I came out OK. Included some oatmeal with sliced almonds and a sprinkle of crunchy granola too. If there is oatmeal again today, I may add raisins to that mix. Yesterday scrambled eggs and a sausage patty finished it out, along with one small cup of decaf. We've stayed in this hotel before and they tend to alternate between sausage and bacon. I'm much more likely to over-indulge with bacon...because, well, it's BACON! And if I'm not having sausage on a biscuit, I really prefer a couple of crispy links over a patty, but I'll take what's there.

Well, it's late enough now that they should be about set up. They ran late with breakfast yesterday, so I'm giving them a bit more extra time today before going down. But by the time I get dressed and comb my beard and all, I would think they will have it out and ready to serve.

Not taking a lot of pictures, but will likely get a few crowd shots later. Individual pictures display the costumes better, but that requires (at least for me) asking permission of the individuals and tends to clog up the activity of running around. I understand people wanting that, and a lot of people seem to enjoy being photographed, but it does disrupt the flow of walking traffic, and I find it a bit annoying when I have to work my way around it, so I don't want to add to that disruption myself.

One year I dressed as Obi-wan Kenobi and a lady's kids wanted a picture with me, so I posed for that, but it was not in a "traffic" area so I didn't feel like I was annoying anyone. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of Eddie-wan Kenobi to put up here. I wore that to work at the IRS one year too and might be able to find that picture.

OK. Enough rambling as the stomach is rumbling.

Later, gators!
    Hi Ed
    As You say Bacon! Just Because it is Bacon. Sausage and Gravy on a Biscuit would be OK but Bacon is better. That was one of the reasons I always had breakfast at Shoneys when I was heading South on Vacation, for their Breakfast Buffet with Bacon :)

That Oatmeal sounds pretty good too. Anymore I find that the Eggs cooked anywhere but home to be oversalted, I guess my tastes have changed.

The Pictures sound interesting, It is funny how things change with the times, Years ago You could just take a picture of a person and not have to ask first, Now Only crowd scenes seem to be Ok.

Reading this is making me hungry now so I'm off for breakfast :)
    Have a Good Saturday
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    I hope Your area was outside of the parts of Georgia that suffered power outages.
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited September 2016
    Good Saturday Morning!
    'Later Gator, was found trapped and moved from Lake Lanier!!!!' Little 3 foot guy, that somebody had dumped in the lake. Being transferred back to South GA.
    No power outage here... I think where trees fell there were probably outages, the rest would have been south of Macon, is my guess.

I'm about to head to the kitchen and whip up a scramble. Then I'll have left overs for 2-3 days!! Funny, bacon never really has ever stood out as a 'food'. Once in awhile I'd add some crumbled to a salad or veg. Always struck me as being too much trouble to bother with! Am I a kill joy or what?
    When I worked night shift we were close to Denny's....the breakfast of choice was Biscuit, sausage patty and GRAPE jelly. Had to be grape. LOL!! The things I used to eat!

Heading into ATL early afternoon for a quick hair cut and some 'town' time with DS2...I'm pretty sure it will include dinner. Then tomorrow he's coming my was for this big "Grilling event!! Should be a hoot. Waiting to make the quinoa tomorrow morning. Cooking it with a bay leaf, and maybe a touch of rosemary OR sage. So our grilled veg. should be good with that. Will chop some peanuts, have Nutritional Yeast, and maybe some other stuff available for whom ever might want it. (me again), not at all sure about what Ted will eat. He's not only a 25 year veteran vegetarian, but also a very Picky one! Geez!! I evidently didn't raise him right!!

Clock tells me 10 chimes, so I guess I'll quit being lazy, hit the shower and make my scramble.

Lotsa steps Roger. I did almost 8000, and didn't mean to....I also took one Aleve at dinner, and slept SO much better! Only up once. Contradictions say I shouldn't take, as it may raise my Blood Pressure....sure hope those little white football pills take care of that!

Ok, I'm off to get clean
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Good Saturday Morning!
    'Later Gator, was found trapped and moved from Lake Lanier!!!!' Little 3 foot guy, that somebody had dumped in the lake. Being transferred back to South GA.
    No power outage here... I think where trees fell there were probably outages, the rest would have been south of Macon, is my guess.

I'm about to head to the kitchen and whip up a scramble. Then I'll have left overs for 2-3 days!! Funny, bacon never really has ever stood out as a 'food'. Once in awhile I'd add some crumbled to a salad or veg. Always struck me as being too much trouble to bother with! Am I a kill joy or what?
    When I worked night shift we were close to Denny's....the breakfast of choice was Biscuit, sausage patty and GRAPE jelly. Had to be grape. LOL!! The things I used to eat!

Heading into ATL early afternoon for a quick hair cut and some 'town' time with DS2...I'm pretty sure it will include dinner. Then tomorrow he's coming my was for this big "Grilling event!! Should be a hoot. Waiting to make the quinoa tomorrow morning. Cooking it with a bay leaf, and maybe a touch of rosemary OR sage. So our grilled veg. should be good with that. Will chop some peanuts, have Nutritional Yeast, and maybe some other stuff available for whom ever might want it. (me again), not at all sure about what Ted will eat. He's not only a 25 year veteran vegetarian, but also a very Picky one! Geez!! I evidently didn't raise him right!!

Clock tells me 10 chimes, so I guess I'll quit being lazy, hit the shower and make my scramble.

Lotsa steps Roger. I did almost 8000, and didn't mean to....I also took one Aleve at dinner, and slept SO much better! Only up once. Contradictions say I shouldn't take, as it may raise my Blood Pressure....sure hope those little white football pills take care of that!

Ok, I'm off to get clean
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    Good News that Your power was OK.

That would be a Non-Egg Scramble? Tofu Based?

Not a Killjoy at all, the way I see it if everybody liked the same things, there would only be one of everything available to buy & use.
    Call me Lazy, however what I would do was take out the deep as a WOK skillet and cook the entire pound of bacon in one go and the refrigerate most of it and most likely since I was doing that at night after work A couple of Bacon sandwiches on Buttered bread or Toast. Now being even lazier I just pull the Precooked ShopRite Bacon That has the lowest calorie count per slice I have found so far, FWIW, and it tastes good too and just Microwave it or Right from the freezer section I'll pit a whole :) slice on the NS Grilled Chicken Lunch Sandwich or the NS Hamburger Lunch Sandwich. Today's NS Chicken Sandwich was flavored with the last of the Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
    I managed to get Duracell cr-2025 batteries from CVS for my little FitBit Zip since the Energizer ones did not last worth a hoot. While my brother and I were out in his car we also stopped where he went to the Produce store and went into the Dollar Store and picked up two of the quarts of 1% Milk. Sadly it has to be used by Sometime in July 2017 :)I sure hope I can manage that :wink:

What with walking and then running around with my brother I am over 10K steps. I finished the Ed Wynn the Fire-chief radio show form 1932 this morning while walking. I had to stop and look at the date on it when he started making jokes about the Market crash and Recession :)

I was curious and looked at the Aleve side effects, not great in some ways, most likely worth the risk if You are in pain and should be much better and safer that the Narcotic based pain relievers.

I hope You have a Really Good Time Grilling
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 65 degrees out the door 2 degrees cooler than yesterday, Today I have 7,886 Steps :) I ended up over 10K steps for the yesterday.

Supposedly Hermine will arrive in my area sometime today and then meander off of the coast causing coastal flooding from the onshore winds. Personally I suspect nothing happening here as this mornings weather report showed the rain off of the coast so I turned on the water to the drip hoses in the garden. While I was out there on the return I picked some more Juicy, tasty Raspberries and enjoyed them on the spot.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I can't believe it's nearly 11 and no one has posted yet.

Got a few crowd pics from the convention last night, and can post them later this week.

I don't know exactly what the "moisture-binding marine-actives" are in the bubbling body wash in this hotel shower, but maybe my brother E will know. He is an active marine and has spent time in a submarine, and I don't think you can get much more moisture bound than that...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi!
    Ted and I grilled after shopping for groceries, Got a little carried away with conversation, and some of the squash was a bit more than 'grill marked'...all but one plank was edible though.
    My corn was good, we also did slices of onion which were good, I'd made quinoa to put it all on...and he picked up some sliced pineapple, which I will be eating all week. He ate about a slice, and said he didn't like grilled pineapple one bit better than raw, and didn't eat his other slice. Soooo....
    I am either catching a fresh cold, or having a really bad allergy attack from having the cat in the house for 2 nights...cat is so miserable...just wants to be petted, and he wants to rub dander on me....this just isn''t working. I think he'll be sleeping under the stars tonite. And will see if I'm any better tomorrow. Throat itches?, one nostril is running like a stormy river, and I feel kinda crappy, but other than that I'm fine!!! :)

Ed can't wait to see the pix...have seen some on TV news. As usual the costumes are fantastic.

My niece posted yesterday (fb) that she was 'at the mall' with her little guy...1st grade this year, and that there was a Nintendo contest. That they'd already been there for a long time, but that little Nick was going to be in the playoffs. Well, little guy WON! That kid has concentration like I've never seen at that age. I know he was one happy kid!!! I have no idea if he won prizes or anything, but he was obviously happy.

The issue with the Aleve right now is not the Aleve, but its reaction with the new medication I was given for my blood pressure.... I know the Aleve isn't great for me, the older I get.. but there's not much else out there that I WILL take.

And yes Roger, the 'scramble' is tofu.
    Ted and I went to Sunflower Cafe in Buckhead yesterday....I'd not been before...it as sooo nice to just be able to 'order' and not have to question what I was about to eat. Though I would LOVE to know how they made my mashed potatoes, so creamy and good...and no animals involved...that in itself was a treat! The egg rolls and sauce tasty, and Ted thought I was nuts cause I ordered the meatloaf (meatless of course:) )... its gong to haunt me for awhile...it was seasoned with an herb, and I know I've tasted it before, but for the life of me not sure what it was, besides GOOD! As was the Granny Smith & tomato salsa!
    Its a bit pricy there, or at least in my opinion, but would be a nice place to go for 'special occasions'.

Later...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! Happy Labor Day!

Last hotel breakfast consumed. Checkout time is noon, and car checkout time is 3:00. The vendor area is supposed to stay open until 5:00 but we need to get on home earlier than that anyway. I need to do laundry, and nap since I get back to (blech!) WORK tomorrow.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 65 degrees out the door, Today 7.5K Steps + 11 cents I found Yesterday.

Hermine has caused zero problems for my area proving that weather-casting is still a less than 100% accurate science :)

Have a Great Labor Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I can't believe it's nearly 11 and no one has posted yet.

Got a few crowd pics from the convention last night, and can post them later this week.

I don't know exactly what the "moisture-binding marine-actives" are in the bubbling body wash in this hotel shower, but maybe my brother E will know. He is an active marine and has spent time in a submarine, and I don't think you can get much more moisture bound than that...

Hi Ed
    I had posted at 9:07, It seems You missed it :)

I think that the current crop of Submarines have really good climate control systems, Unlike what I have heard the WWII submarines were like. I could also b completely wrong.

Have a Nice Labor Day
    Roger
    Hi!
    Ted and I grilled after shopping for groceries, Got a little carried away with conversation, and some of the squash was a bit more than 'grill marked'...all but one plank was edible though.
    My corn was good, we also did slices of onion which were good, I'd made quinoa to put it all on...and he picked up some sliced pineapple, which I will be eating all week. He ate about a slice, and said he didn't like grilled pineapple one bit better than raw, and didn't eat his other slice. Soooo....
    I am either catching a fresh cold, or having a really bad allergy attack from having the cat in the house for 2 nights...cat is so miserable...just wants to be petted, and he wants to rub dander on me....this just isn''t working. I think he'll be sleeping under the stars tonite. And will see if I'm any better tomorrow. Throat itches?, one nostril is running like a stormy river, and I feel kinda crappy, but other than that I'm fine!!! :)

Ed can't wait to see the pix...have seen some on TV news. As usual the costumes are fantastic.

My niece posted yesterday (fb) that she was 'at the mall' with her little guy...1st grade this year, and that there was a Nintendo contest. That they'd already been there for a long time, but that little Nick was going to be in the playoffs. Well, little guy WON! That kid has concentration like I've never seen at that age. I know he was one happy kid!!! I have no idea if he won prizes or anything, but he was obviously happy.

The issue with the Aleve right now is not the Aleve, but its reaction with the new medication I was given for my blood pressure.... I know the Aleve isn't great for me, the older I get.. but there's not much else out there that I WILL take.

And yes Roger, the 'scramble' is tofu.
    Ted and I went to Sunflower Cafe in Buckhead yesterday....I'd not been before...it as sooo nice to just be able to 'order' and not have to question what I was about to eat. Though I would LOVE to know how they made my mashed potatoes, so creamy and good...and no animals involved...that in itself was a treat! The egg rolls and sauce tasty, and Ted thought I was nuts cause I ordered the meatloaf (meatless of course:) )... its gong to haunt me for awhile...it was seasoned with an herb, and I know I've tasted it before, but for the life of me not sure what it was, besides GOOD! As was the Granny Smith & tomato salsa!
    Its a bit pricy there, or at least in my opinion, but would be a nice place to go for 'special occasions'.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If I said that when I use Yellow Summer Squash or Zucchini I like to fry it in Olive Oil until it is crispy and a little bit of blackening never bothered me. Likewise with Toast I like it well browned towards blackened :)

If I said my brother is unhappy that some foods have been banned from his diet due to interactions with hid Medications.

It sounds as if the cat is lonely, Not to much You can do about that the way things are. Hopefully what You are trying works for You.

I have never tried grilled Pineapple, OTOH I have seen it on Cooking Competition shows and it looks delicious too.

I won't mention Your Meatless Meatloaf to my brother as I know he would say it can not be meatloaf if there is no meat in it. He can be a bit of a traditionalist that way. He won't even accept Egg Whites only on a sandwich as the sandwich having eggs on it as to him it is not a egg unless it also has the yolk :) I know this from his comments about some of the Duncan Donut Sandwich commercials. To me the Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast sandwiches with egg white eggs are tasty and fine.

Good Job by Nick winning.

Have a Nice Labor Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Here is some more humor for Labor Day

zpdcaJ.png

qSHc4e.jpg
    Photoshop Fail, Too many hands if You missed it

And now a couple of PhotoBombs, Good Timing too
    ujRmCK.png

NZaOef.png

FedEx Humor :)
    LMCAOO.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day holiday. I know we all are!
    (yes, even retired people enjoy Labor Day!)

Roger, how do you fry squash? I know in a pan, etc, Ha's. Just slice and fry? or dredge the pieces in flour or meal or something? Back in the day...I used to saute onion in a big frying pan and then add the squash and a bit of water or broth. Simple to do, not so healthy (butter)...or if I wanted something along the lines of casserole...yummmmm. Thats where the butter, cream sauce, Ritz cracker crumbs, etc came in. You know, its a wonder I survived my own cooking!!!

My phone battery drained itself last night??? Not sure what was going on. I did put it on the charger this morning, and then soon as it had a bit of a charge, I 'threw away' any and all previously opened pages. Will watch it today to see what happens. Ready or not, I could be in the market for that new iPhone that comes out very soon. (Oh, I hope not! I like my big 6+ phone.)

Cat is outside. I don't think he was a bit happy about it. My intent was to not have him in the house, but he bolted in from 'nowhere' when I opened the door to get his food dishes inside yesterday evening. I know he's lonely, poor sad cat... my other concern with him, is he tries to be under my feet as I walk....I Do NOT Need to Fall thank you Tom E. I really don't know how to stop him from doing that. Enough cat talk...

Pedicure for me today, followed my manicure, and not much else on my very short list. I May, or I May Not go to the gym today. Its open...I should...but you know it will be hard to even bike while not breathing so good!! I could be the first gym member to fall off the bikes! LOL!

Hope Ed and J are enjoying the last day of Dragon Con, and Roger, I'm so glad Hermine didn't do any damage to the Jersey Shore.

Later guys...

• RogerToo
    Good Morning...Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day holiday. I know we all are!
    (yes, even retired people enjoy Labor Day!)

Roger, how do you fry squash? I know in a pan, etc, Ha's. Just slice and fry? or dredge the pieces in flour or meal or something? Back in the day...I used to saute onion in a big frying pan and then add the squash and a bit of water or broth. Simple to do, not so healthy (butter)...or if I wanted something along the lines of casserole...yummmmm. Thats where the butter, cream sauce, Ritz cracker crumbs, etc came in. You know, its a wonder I survived my own cooking!!!

My phone battery drained itself last night??? Not sure what was going on. I did put it on the charger this morning, and then soon as it had a bit of a charge, I 'threw away' any and all previously opened pages. Will watch it today to see what happens. Ready or not, I could be in the market for that new iPhone that comes out very soon. (Oh, I hope not! I like my big 6+ phone.)

Cat is outside. I don't think he was a bit happy about it. My intent was to not have him in the house, but he bolted in from 'nowhere' when I opened the door to get his food dishes inside yesterday evening. I know he's lonely, poor sad cat... my other concern with him, is he tries to be under my feet as I walk....I Do NOT Need to Fall thank you Tom E. I really don't know how to stop him from doing that. Enough cat talk...

Pedicure for me today, followed my manicure, and not much else on my very short list. I May, or I May Not go to the gym today. Its open...I should...but you know it will be hard to even bike while not breathing so good!! I could be the first gym member to fall off the bikes! LOL!

Hope Ed and J are enjoying the last day of Dragon Con, and Roger, I'm so glad Hermine didn't do any damage to the Jersey Shore.

Later guys...
    Hi Valerie
    Nope I just fried thin slices to make a kind of Squash Chip to keep the calories down by not having breading that has both calories and can hold oil and TBH I like them crispy that way, Plain.

A couple of thoughts, there may have been something running t hat used up battery. Another possibility I have heard of is that if Your SmartPhone battery life suddenly gets shorter with nothing running is that there may be some Malware running in the background. I have Norton Security Deluxe a 5 device package. It can be run on PCs, Apple OS X, Android 2.3 or later and IOS7 and later.

If the battery life is good again with things shut down then I would not worry. FWIW I did not think that phone was that old :)
    Could it still be under warranty, either way running it out to the Apple Store might be in order. I would never replace a phone for only a battery. I'm guessing a City like Atlanta will have a Apple Store if we have one near us where I am.

I can see why You would be worried about that cat getting underfoot. I am surprised I survived my cooking in the past too. Heavy on the Starches such as Pasta, Pastry, cakes Breads, Butter and Fatty things like Bacon and Burgers.

Good Luck
    Roger