Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,234 Member
    Howdy and good night. We've been home for hours now, but busy unpacking, getting laundry ready, entertaining the out of town guests, etc.

We had a great time, and I bought 2 tabletop games to add to our home entertainment game collection, and then 2 more at a local game shop. J bought several too, so our collection is getting ridiculous. J loves these games. Some are more card based, some more token and board based, some are both. My main criteria is that it can't last more than a few hours (preferably less than 2, even more preferably, an hour or less - I get bored with one that goes on and on and on...) and my second criteria is that it be playable by two players, rather than requiring 3 or more to play. I look for the ones that say things like 2-6 players, 1-5 players, etc...as often J and I are the only available players and while we can sometimes tweak the playing rules to make a 3 or more player game somewhat playable by two, it's clunky at best and doesn't produce the best or most enjoyable game playing experience.

I also bought a new sword cane to add to my collection. At some point I suppose I should get a carry permit so I can actually walk around with one of the sword canes instead of leaving them in the closet. Then I could, if molested, whip out my sword and holler "touché", "en garde", "fermet la bouche", "bon appetit" or any other French phrase that comes to mind. And since it would be spoken, I wouldn't even have to worry whether I can remember how to spell it!

Tonight’s dinner: Marco’s Pepperoni Magnifico. Wine of choice: Empyrean Eridanus Claret (Bordeaux Style Blend), 2005, Yakima Valley, Washington. Very dry, fairly soft tannins but with a small bite to them, complex fruit flavors. I’m not sure exactly what grapes went into this, but I hope they have some more.

Well, good night all.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good morning Ed!
    Sounds like great fun at Dragon Con! Hope your day goes well, and that they did 'most' things right while you were away".....
  • GardenKatGardens
    Phone seems fine today. I dunno what it's issue was. Phone close to 2 years old, so not really old yet. Yep we have Apple Store near Ted in ATL. More later. Need to get more sleep now. This cold is getting on my last nerve!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 91 predicted for the high today, with 0% chance of rain. Back to almost normal early September weather!

Off to the rat mines.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 74 degrees out the door 11 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time of day, however it was not uncomfortable as the humidity is OK and there was a gentle breeze most likely courtesy of Hermine, Today 7.5K Steps.

Hermine has caused no problems for my area except that today has more clouds and a nice breeze :) According to the weather report I saw at 5:40 today is Hermines closest approach which would be not to good except that it has weakened at the same time.

I hope everybody had a Great Labor Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy and good night. We've been home for hours now, but busy unpacking, getting laundry ready, entertaining the out of town guests, etc.

We had a great time, and I bought 2 tabletop games to add to our home entertainment game collection, and then 2 more at a local game shop. J bought several too, so our collection is getting ridiculous. J loves these games. Some are more card based, some more token and board based, some are both. My main criteria is that it can't last more than a few hours (preferably less than 2, even more preferably, an hour or less - I get bored with one that goes on and on and on...) and my second criteria is that it be playable by two players, rather than requiring 3 or more to play. I look for the ones that say things like 2-6 players, 1-5 players, etc...as often J and I are the only available players and while we can sometimes tweak the playing rules to make a 3 or more player game somewhat playable by two, it's clunky at best and doesn't produce the best or most enjoyable game playing experience.

I also bought a new sword cane to add to my collection. At some point I suppose I should get a carry permit so I can actually walk around with one of the sword canes instead of leaving them in the closet. Then I could, if molested, whip out my sword and holler "touché", "en garde", "fermet la bouche", "bon appetit" or any other French phrase that comes to mind. And since it would be spoken, I wouldn't even have to worry whether I can remember how to spell it!

Tonight’s dinner: Marco’s Pepperoni Magnifico. Wine of choice: Empyrean Eridanus Claret (Bordeaux Style Blend), 2005, Yakima Valley, Washington. Very dry, fairly soft tannins but with a small bite to them, complex fruit flavors. I’m not sure exactly what grapes went into this, but I hope they have some more.

Well, good night all.
    Hi Ed
    I',m happy to hear You had a enjoyable time. I always liked games too. I'm guessing from Your description that D&D would not be on Your agenda :)
    In our family we always played lots of card games, Ones such as Contract Bridge, Auction bridge, Canasta and Samba, Kings on the corner and more.
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 91 predicted for the high today, with 0% chance of rain. Back to almost normal early September weather!

Off to the rat mines.
    Despite Hermine lingering/meandering off the coast we have had zero rain from it, We could use some rain too, Not as much as Florida had of course.
    As the week progresses the forecast is for the Overnight and daytime temperatures to climb to 90 or 90+ later in the week.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
    Good morning Ed!
    Sounds like great fun at Dragon Con! Hope your day goes well, and that they did 'most' things right while you were away".....
    Phone seems fine today. I dunno what it's issue was. Phone close to 2 years old, so not really old yet. Yep we have Apple Store near Ted in ATL. More later. Need to get more sleep now. This cold is getting on my last nerve!

Hi Valerie
    If I had to guess it was something that was running. IMO two years old is not that old either :)

I have run my car for years until they were worn out and it did not pay to fix whatever went wrong. For example I bought my Pontiac in 1988 and used it until a few years ago, Does that make me cheap or ??

I never bought into the Auto makers propaganda that You need to have the latest Gee Whiz features :) A car is transportation nothing more. Of course to my Brother & I a Phone has one job and one job only which is why we both use Flip Phones, His appears to have a camera, If he needed to he does not know how to use the camera. He & I both carry Dedicated Cameras whose only function is taking pictures.

Good Luck Beating that cold, I was listening to the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre while walking today and one of the advertisers was Contact, Remember that one?

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Before I forget a sword cane sounds like a neat item.
    Just curious does it look like a cane or what it is?

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    It looks like a cane. You unscrew the grip to pull out the sword, and the grip is the handle.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Some stray Thoughts :)
    Acme has Lean Cuisine and Eating Healthy frozen dinner Entrees that will work for Lunch or Dinner. The Lean Cuisine are on Sale for $2.19 or $2.49 and the Eating Healthy are 5 for $11. I picked up both today while they are on sale to have some extra variety in my diet. For Lunch I had the Herb Roasted Chicken with Roast Potatoes that was tasty and 170 calories. I have separated them into those 200 calories and below or over 200 calories for dinner. Some of them will work as NS substitutions. Look at the Carbs and Proteins and watch the sodium too.

I also grabbed some fruit, Two 3 pound bags of navel oranges at $4.99 buy one get one which made the $2.50, Good Price for this area anyway.

I also have a Box of Mixed Fruit and another of Apple Cinnamon Fruit & grain Cereal bars that taste OK from the Dollar Store so 6 bars for $1 :) 100 calories and fairly high in carbs at 20g OTOH a NS Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies is 17g carb but nicely higher protein. Or to put it another way I forgot to check the Proteins before I bough :( However using them as the extra bit of food I have added to my diet while working on maintaining they do work and taste OK too.

I mentioned the frozen entrees in case anyone wants a little extra variety.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    It looks like a cane. You unscrew the grip to pull out the sword, and the grip is the handle.

Hi Ed
    I guess what I was curious about is, does it look like a cane and nobody would know unless You deploy it or??

I could see wanting something like that when walking in some areas of some cities :)

Thank You for the Information
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Tag day again already.

Yes, the sword cane just looks like an ordinary cane unless you deploy it.

Today's predicted hight is 93 with 0% chance of rain.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 74 degrees out the door just as warm as yesterday for the same time of day, however it was not as comfortable as the humidity is somewhat higher and there was a gentle breeze, Today 7.9K Steps. Today has more clouds and a nice breeze :) however it is a dreary looking day with dark clouds. The lack of Sun made the walk OK.

I stopped at the Grocery store and bought 3 pieces of fruit and a box of cereal that was on sale and saved 10% from the Senior Discount Day.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

From Here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10453967/new-reaction#latest
    Hey all,

We'd love to add a new positive reaction, and we're taking a vote. We'll enable the one with the most votes.

Here are three options: Inspiring, Feelings, and Congrats

1. If you'd like to vote for Inspiring - Click "Insightful"

2. If you'd like to vote for Feelings - Click "Like"

3. If you'd like to vote for Congrats - Click "Awesome"
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Tag day again already.

Yes, the sword cane just looks like an ordinary cane unless you deploy it.

Today's predicted hight is 93 with 0% chance of rain.
    Hi Ed
    That sounds like a great item to have in that case.

We are headed into a short heat wave here with a couple of days predicted to be 90 or above.
    Despite looking like rain I do not think it will make it inland to our area :( We could use it too, Tomorrow I need to water once again.

I hope You have a easy Tag Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Mid Day! :)
    I've been busy sleeping in til 8 a.m., and watching the Plant Pure Nation Summit. I was blown away by the opening presenter. European doc. He didn't pull any punches! Loved it.

Now, I need FOOD! I've eaten a small banana earlier, and since yesterday's menu at my house was 2 one ounce bowls of cereal, (not sweetened variety...and they're hard to find in grocery stores...takes lots reading!), and a piece of fruit, one banana, and one apple with 2T unsweetened peanut butter...So, Yep I am hungry!!!
    Lucky for me I have a 'stock' of foods I cooked over the weekend! Still feeling the effects of this cold....the Mucinex is definitely breaking up the congestion...and my ribs and core is so sore...mostly from the constant non-productive coughing yesterday....

Lunch calls...
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2016
    Not too much tagging today, but I was still somewhat tired from all the walking on the weekend.

Tonight’s dinner: Home made double patty melt, with a treat of a few chips. Wine of choice: La Foglia, Vino Rosso, Italy. A lovely Italian red blend, fairly smooth, very fruity, goes VERY well with red meat.

20160907_191338_zpsyjbjpomu.jpg

20160907_183045_zpsxnfvbg4o.jpg

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Reposting last night's dinner, as the pics moved and I can't edit that post now.

Last night's dinner: Home made double patty melt, with a treat of a few chips. Wine of choice: La Foglia, Vino Rosso, Italy. A lovely Italian red blend, fairly smooth, very fruity, goes VERY well with red meat.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 72 degrees out the door slightly cooler than yesterday for the same time of day, however it was not any more comfortable as the humidity is somewhat higher, Today 8,871 Steps + One Nickel four blocks from home on the return leg. Today is forecast to hit 92 degrees, The average temperature for this time of year is in the 70s. Tomorrow should be a little warmer too :( The lack of Sun from getting out early made the walk Tolerable.

While I was walking I have been auditioning Old Time Radio Shows to rotate in next. Yesterday the Charlie Chan Radio Show was good, today's Baby Snooks Show, Philo Vance and Topper from the War years, WWII, were keepers too.

Here is a picture of the latest Eggplants on the more prolific plant followed by a few of the figs growing on our Fig tree, We have had four so far off of the two trees, This Is the first year they have been planted.

p59zWb.jpg
    2DjJyE.jpg

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Mid Day! :)
    I've been busy sleeping in til 8 a.m., and watching the Plant Pure Nation Summit. I was blown away by the opening presenter. European doc. He didn't pull any punches! Loved it.

Now, I need FOOD! I've eaten a small banana earlier, and since yesterday's menu at my house was 2 one ounce bowls of cereal, (not sweetened variety...and they're hard to find in grocery stores...takes lots reading!), and a piece of fruit, one banana, and one apple with 2T unsweetened peanut butter...So, Yep I am hungry!!!
    Lucky for me I have a 'stock' of foods I cooked over the weekend! Still feeling the effects of this cold....the Mucinex is definitely breaking up the congestion...and my ribs and core is so sore...mostly from the constant non-productive coughing yesterday....

Lunch calls...

Hi Valerie
    The way I look at it if You sleep later than usual that is Your body telling You something was needed.

On the good side everything You had the day before was good for You.

I hate those unproductive coughs. I can believe You feel sore too.

Have a Good Day and Get Well Quickly
    Roger
    Not too much tagging today, but I was still somewhat tired from all the walking on the weekend.

Tonight’s dinner: Home made double patty melt, with a treat of a few chips. Wine of choice: La Foglia, Vino Rosso, Italy. A lovely Italian red blend, fairly smooth, very fruity, goes VERY well with red meat.
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Reposting last night's dinner, as the pics moved and I can't edit that post now.

Last night's dinner: Home made double patty melt, with a treat of a few chips. Wine of choice: La Foglia, Vino Rosso, Italy. A lovely Italian red blend, fairly smooth, very fruity, goes VERY well with red meat.

Hi Ed
    I have opened the Dragon Con pictures open in another Window to look at when I finish here.

That is a nice looking Dinner. I wish I felt comfortable with Potato Chips. I'll have to look at the Personal size bags and see what the Nutrition information shows.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi....
    Another 12 hour sleep. This is cutting into my 'time'!!
    Sure I must need it though. Still hacking. Feeling 'decent'.
    I may or may not make it out to see O tonite at gym..., I seriously doubt it... :( Tomorrow is Grandparents lunch with kids at Nate's school. I'll be glad just to get thru that. Feel somewhat obligated to go, as Nate's "Papa" just got out of hospital from valve replacement and bypasses yesterday evening. So, I really do want to go... Today is 'resting' day. Like I've been active???? LOL!

I"ve not been outside except to go to the mailbox all week..and the one trip to Publix for drugs! My step records are shot! Yesterday was not quite 1800 steps, total...oh my. Will have a lot of 'catching up' to do next week.

Ed the Dragon Con pix were great. As was your double patty and chips dinner!!! So not my food! LOL!! But I recall eating that in a past life! :)

Roger, sorry you're sharing our weather. Its going to be well into the 90's today, but humidity is low, so not 'terrible' exactly. Its 90 now, and message from Amazon that my package is in my mail box. Guess I'll find out how many steps to the mailbox! A whopping 165 steps and a coughing fit round trip to the mailbox...oh wowza..

Later...