Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 59.8 Degrees This morning a minor change from yesterdays 58 degrees for the same time of day. It was comfortable and I walked 8.4+k steps.

I am still waiting for more Raspberries to ripen. Hopefully The weather cooperates and they ripen. I have turned on the water to the Drip Hoses in the Garden as we have had more days with no rain and tomorrow the forecast is for very little if any. According to the weather forecast I just watched we have had half of our normal rainfall this summer :(
    Tomorrow is Market Day for some Fruits, Bananas and whatever looks good to take advantage of the 10% discount since I am cheap, er Frugal :) I have plenty of the Light & Fit Greek Yogurt on hand so need to look at that. The Sliced Commercial Turkey that I had pulled out of the freezer thinking it was the Home Roasted does appear to have been loaded with sodium as I has feared as I have some water retention caused weight since Yesterday. I said to heck with it and threw the rest of it away, Approximately 2+ ounces and will pull some that I know is home roasted for tomorrows usage.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! High of 87 predicted for today, with 20% chance of rain.

I ended up doing inventory most of yesterday because somehow a lot of things got off kilter. I suspect computer problems.

Maybe today I can actually get to some of the OTHER stuff that needs to be done out there.
    Hi Ed
    Inventory was my least favorite thing to do on my last job.

Good Luck with getting the other things done
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,234 Member
    edited September 2016
    I spent most of another day doing inventory! ARGH! I think someone needs to go in and give that mainframe a big kick...I HAVE to keep the tobacco and soda pop inventory close to correct. Candy, chips, motor oil, etc. not quite so much...though they are important too. But Monday and today both cigarettes and soda pop were messed up badly at the beginning of the day. And it looked like the computer and/or the inside person who brings me tobacco somehow messed it up...twice. My corrections from yesterday seemed to be doubled (yet somehow not present on the CORRECTIONS FROM YESTERDAY list...) and I heard that the manager inside who set up the weekend transfers was having computer problems getting them to take...hence the idea of kicking (or maybe just rebooting?) the mainframe.

I complained to one of the co-managers when she came out to do her "freshness" check today that I can't very well keep things looking fresh and clean AND spend the whole morning doing inventory too, and it's more important that we not run out of Marlboro Gold than that the tiny oil spot near pump 6 be cleaned up...she agreed but I don't see any plans to reboot the computer there. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.

AND...there was some very unusual TUESDAY tagging to do this morning. Not a lot, but I got that done, as some things went off sale. The Wednesday tags (or at least part of them) were also in my inbox so I brought them out and stuck them in my shelf in the fuel center for disposition tomorrow. A lot of candy bars go off sale tomorrow, thank goodness. When they are 2/$1.00 or $0.59 they can sometimes sell like hotcakes and it's hard to keep them in stock in sufficient quantities.

Fortunately I had just enough time to bring out some candy, a few cigarettes, and some bottled water at the end of my shift when the next worker came in. We had one hour overlap in shifts today and it didn't take too long to grab a case of water bottles to break up, a few candy bars and several cartons of cigarettes that hadn't been delivered as needed...to hopefully hold over until tomorrow when I can see how the inventory looks in the morning.

Tonight’s dinner: We invited the Red Baron to dinner! I had 4 meat pizza and J had 4 cheese pizza. Wine of choice: INTI, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014, Chile. After two days like that, I knew I wouldn't feel like actually cooking so frozen pizza was the winner. J ate a whole pizza. I did not so will be having leftover pizza for breakfast. :)

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 89 predicted for today with 0% chance of rain.

We'll see if the "Wednesday" tags I picked up yesterday are ALL of the tags or whether there are still more waiting in the fuel center mailbox...if it's just yesterday's delivery it shouldn't be too bad. Yesterday's included some hose hangers advertising a particular brand of beef jerky...we don't HAVE beef jerky in the fuel center and I'm ... er... hanged if I'm going to hang those tags.

Off to the rat mines!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Wednesday morning!
    I need to say 'hi' and scoot. Have a mid morning eye exam today, and would like to get at least part of my shopping done before...so I can have non hectic lunch, finish up my shopping, and chat with my DS1 when he calls at 5.

Ed, you need a new job! You are much to ummm, educated/talented/dedicated to be wasted on the fuel center! Unless, you hope your time out there can be parlayed into an inside managers job in the future??? You don't need this kind of frustration.
    And I'd have dropped by to share you breakfast, had I known! LOL!!! Lets see...what is pizza with no meat, no cheese, no crust? Hmmm. Herby tomato sauce over/under a few veggies.

I'll catch up with Roger and his post later today.

Took the Singulair last night. Don't really notice much difference in my breathing...maybe it takes a couple doses/days? I may be sorry I agreed to take this pill for 2 weeks. :(

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 67 Degrees This morning a change from yesterdays 60 degrees for the same time of day. It was comfortable despite a increase in the humidity. I walked 7354 steps so far + 2 Cents.

I stopped at the Grocery Store for 3 Bananas and 2 types of Apples including one from New Zealand and 2 Plums, 2 Green Pears. Then headed for home, Three Blocks from Home as Death Valley Days was ending I had the iPod Low Battery warning play in my ears over the closing credits of the radio show. Perfect Timing on the battery charge
    I still see more Raspberries that still need to ripen. Hopefully The weather cooperates and they ripen, they are slow ripening this week.

Bank and Then CostCo later on this morning once the Bank Opens.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

From Nova
    Newest update:
    We added "Inspiring" to reactions today.
    September 13, 2016 5:27PM
  • RogerToo
    I spent most of another day doing inventory! ARGH! I think someone needs to go in and give that mainframe a big kick...I HAVE to keep the tobacco and soda pop inventory close to correct. Candy, chips, motor oil, etc. not quite so much...though they are important too. But Monday and today both cigarettes and soda pop were messed up badly at the beginning of the day. And it looked like the computer and/or the inside person who brings me tobacco somehow messed it up...twice. My corrections from yesterday seemed to be doubled (yet somehow not present on the CORRECTIONS FROM YESTERDAY list...) and I heard that the manager inside who set up the weekend transfers was having computer problems getting them to take...hence the idea of kicking (or maybe just rebooting?) the mainframe.

I complained to one of the co-managers when she came out to do her "freshness" check today that I can't very well keep things looking fresh and clean AND spend the whole morning doing inventory too, and it's more important that we not run out of Marlboro Gold than that the tiny oil spot near pump 6 be cleaned up...she agreed but I don't see any plans to reboot the computer there. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.

AND...there was some very unusual TUESDAY tagging to do this morning. Not a lot, but I got that done, as some things went off sale. The Wednesday tags (or at least part of them) were also in my inbox so I brought them out and stuck them in my shelf in the fuel center for disposition tomorrow. A lot of candy bars go off sale tomorrow, thank goodness. When they are 2/$1.00 or $0.59 they can sometimes sell like hotcakes and it's hard to keep them in stock in sufficient quantities.

Fortunately I had just enough time to bring out some candy, a few cigarettes, and some bottled water at the end of my shift when the next worker came in. We had one hour overlap in shifts today and it didn't take too long to grab a case of water bottles to break up, a few candy bars and several cartons of cigarettes that hadn't been delivered as needed...to hopefully hold over until tomorrow when I can see how the inventory looks in the morning.

Tonight’s dinner: We invited the Red Baron to dinner! I had 4 meat pizza and J had 4 cheese pizza. Wine of choice: INTI, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014, Chile. After two days like that, I knew I wouldn't feel like actually cooking so frozen pizza was the winner. J ate a whole pizza. I did not so will be having leftover pizza for breakfast. :)
    Hi Ed
    Computers can be a life saver when they work correctly when problems happen a real disaster. Last Year The local McDs had computer problems when they went to open for the day. I got lucky that I had exact change and they sold me the coffee as I had gotten in before they decided to lock the door until the computer was fixed. I believe that without the Computer working they might not be able to open the change drawer. When I left the Manager was on the phone to someone trying to get things going again. I know that is not the type of phone call that a Owner or the head Manager wants to get.

I wonder if the inside inventory is messed up too, I suspect so if they were having problems getting the transfers to take. I smell a store wide inventory coming up :) A chance for management to blame the computer for inventory shortages and start with a clean slate.

I am sorry to hear that Your day was frustrating, I hope today is going better for You.

I do not think I have ever tried a four meat or a four cheese Pizza. We pretty much stuck to Extra Cheese with a 1/2 topping of Bacon and the other half being Pepperoni or Sausage or two Pizzas where one had only extra cheese and the other half one of the three meats with the Extra Cheese and the other two meats split up on the other Pizza.

I'm not up on Candy prices are those good sale prices? At least You got a jump on some of the tagging and know to a extent how much else needs doing.

Nothing wrong with left over Pizza for Breakfast IMO. I have done that too.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 89 predicted for today with 0% chance of rain.

We'll see if the "Wednesday" tags I picked up yesterday are ALL of the tags or whether there are still more waiting in the fuel center mailbox...if it's just yesterday's delivery it shouldn't be too bad. Yesterday's included some hose hangers advertising a particular brand of beef jerky...we don't HAVE beef jerky in the fuel center and I'm ... er... hanged if I'm going to hang those tags.
    Slight chance of rain later today, very slight :(

I would not hang those tags either, why advertise something You have to say we do not carry here :)

Have a Nice Easy Day, Hopefully
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Wednesday morning!
    I need to say 'hi' and scoot. Have a mid morning eye exam today, and would like to get at least part of my shopping done before...so I can have non hectic lunch, finish up my shopping, and chat with my DS1 when he calls at 5.

Ed, you need a new job! You are much to ummm, educated/talented/dedicated to be wasted on the fuel center! Unless, you hope your time out there can be parlayed into an inside managers job in the future??? You don't need this kind of frustration.
    And I'd have dropped by to share you breakfast, had I known! LOL!!! Lets see...what is pizza with no meat, no cheese, no crust? Hmmm. Herby tomato sauce over/under a few veggies.

I'll catch up with Roger and his post later today.

Took the Singulair last night. Don't really notice much difference in my breathing...maybe it takes a couple doses/days? I may be sorry I agreed to take this pill for 2 weeks. :(

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Hopefully they do not need to dilate Your eyes as I always hated trying to drive home afterwards.

Pizza with no cheese is a Pizza with Imitation cheese and Textured Protein? It could be good.

Good Luck with the Singulair
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi

Did I ever mention that I look for tasty inexpensive foods I can use to stretch the NS foods? Call me Cheap or Call me frugal, I don't care :)

Here is today's bargain. I bought a 20 pack of Skinny Cow Ice cream Sandwiches that has two flavors in it, those being Vanilla 71g and Cookies and Cream 70g to stretch the NS desserts. The 20 Pack from CostCo was $9.79 vs the Grocery Store price of $5.99 for 6 a decent savings. A bit high in carbohydrates @ 29g and only 150 calories each. with 4G Protein and 4 fluid ounces. The Vanilla is good if slightly sweet tasting. The Cookie was nice and soft and tasty too.
    Cookies and Cream https://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=16
    and vanilla https://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=19

Also I tried a Slice of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread at 80 calories toasted last night with a light smear of Butter for the taste as the extra Carb serving I add to my daily food while working on holding my weight. It was Pretty good too, It came from the freezer case at the ShopRite Grocery Store.
    http://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/ezekiel-49-cinnamon-raisin-sprouted-whole-grain-bread
    52feeh9vth43.jpg
    FAQ
    Q: What is the difference between "Enriched" White Breads and Sprouted Food for Life Breads?

A: "Enriched" White Breads are made from the starchy "endosperm" of the wheat kernel (the inside portion), which contains few vitamins and minerals (mostly carbohydrates). The milling of grain into white flour requires the removal of the bran and the germ. During this process, important natural fiber and bran are lost (including 21 vitamins and minerals). 5 vitamins and minerals (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium and folic acid) are added back into the flour and are thus, called "enriched". By contrast, Food for Life sprouted breads are made from freshly sprouted grains, which contain all of the fiber, bran, vitamins and minerals of the original grain plus a sizeable increase in those nutrients

Enjoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

High of 92 predicted today with 0% chance of rain. Lilo and I have both been fed.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    3V4krN.jpg

DdRr1y.jpg

NLjOCF.jpg

knlTLy.png

LxMvqd.png
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 68 Degrees This morning a not much of a change from yesterday. It was comfortable with qa decrease in the humidity. I walked 9,100 steps so far + 15 Cents.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

Thor's (Jupiter's) day
    Painting depicting the Norse god Thunor (the Norse Thor), after whom Thursday is named, by Mårten Eskil Winge, 1872

The name is derived from Old English Þūnresdæg and Middle English Thuresday (with loss of -n-, first in northern dialects, from influence of Old Norse Þorsdagr) meaning "Thor's Day".It was named after the Norse god of Thunder. Thor [1][2][3] Thunor, Donar (German, Donnerstag) and Thor are derived from the name of the Germanic god of thunder, Thunraz, equivalent to Jupiter in the interpretatio romana. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    In the weird news Arena :)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/14/los-angeles-people-walker-chuck-mccarthy
    'We need human interaction': meet the LA man who walks people for a living
    Chuck McCarthy recently auditioned as a homicidal biker for a TV show, but the actor is finding glimmers of fame, and possibly a business franchise, with another role: Los Angeles’s first people walker.

He walks humans for $7 a mile around the streets and park near his home, pioneering an alternative to dog walking that requires no leash, just an ability to walk, talk and, above all, listen.

The idea initially struck the underemployed actor several months ago as a joke, an imaginary way to make extra cash, until it became real.

“The more I thought about it, the less crazy it seemed,” said McCarthy, draining a bottle of water – he now takes hydration seriously – and heading out into the sunshine for another walk, this time with the Guardian trotting in step.

A homemade scrawl across his T-shirt declared him The People Walker, low-budget, mobile advertising. “I’ve been doing walks almost every single day for the past week and I’m getting repeat clients, which is what you want.”

A stroll with this soft-spoken, hirsute hulk seems to be what much of LA wants, judging by the response to his Facebook page and homemade flyers.

“Need motivation to walk?” they ask from lamp posts. “Scared to walk alone at night? Don’t like walking alone at all? Don’t want people to see you walking alone and just assume you have no friends? Don’t like listening to music or podcasts but can’t walk alone in silence, forced to face thoughts of the unknown future, or your own insignificance in the ever expanding universe?”

For many, the answer to one or all of the above seems to be “yes”. McCarthy is fielding hundreds of emails from the lonely, the curious and the adventurous, all seeking a stranger’s ambulatory company.

“I try to listen more than talk,” he said this week, striding past handsome houses in Los Feliz, a leafy neighbourhood near Hollywood.

Conversations with clients are seldom confessional, but he respects confidences. “It’s mostly surface, small-talk type stuff. But I think it’s therapeutic even if they’re not baring their souls.”

It’s mostly surface, small-talk type stuff. But I think it’s therapeutic even if they’re not baring their souls

Grumbling about traffic, for instance, felt better when delivered to an actual human ear rather than posted on social media. “Tweeting about it and getting no response just makes you feel sadder.”

So many requests have poured in that McCarthy has recruited five other walkers to serve different parts of LA, though he will not take any cut from their earnings until he figures out a professional business model.
  • GardenKatGardens
    HI!! Is it too late to post? :)
    Its been a fun day. Marietta is now officially a day older, and she loved her massage, our lunch out, and coffee! Very relaxing day, which she needed desperately.

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day...will explain later why I have to be at the Honda dealer at 8:30 a.m....

Roger loved the cartoons, except the one with the levels that were all marked 'wrong'...sorry but that one went 'zing'....right over my head. I'm sure I missed something...

I love Ezekial Bread. I've never gotten the raisin bread, but I do get t he sprouted grain, and keep it in the freezer til I need (want) a piece. I'll bet the raisin bread is really delicious with cheese....if you haven't tried it, do one day. It will be delish!

tomorrow, Ed, will be 85 days 90 or above. Summer has really been something this year! And I'm not sure its over just yet!

Guys have a good night, and I'm going to bed...after Honda, meeting my niece for lunch in Alpharetta, and after that I hope to get some cooking going on here. Want to make another batch of fake, but oh so tasty, pimento cheese to put on some cauliflower, and I have food that needs to be cooked...but I'm about to bet, I'll fall into bed and sleep instead...no Saturday morning hockey, its Sunday this weekend, so what's not done tomorrow afternoon will be done on Saturday. :) For now going to set up the Keurig, and put me to bed. Worn out.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! My high is predicted to be 89 with 0% chance of rain. Then we're, hopefully, off to Birmingham this evening to photograph their orchid show's judging tomorrow. We'll be staying in the home of one of their society members as it's cheaper than them paying for a hotel for us. Most (not all) societies that ask people to come and do their photography either pay for, or provide, accommodations for the photography crew. Some can't or won't, but you can guess which ones we'll photograph...well, if we were going to be there ANYWAY we'll do it even if they aren't paying. We used to sometimes go there anyway to set an exhibit in Birmingham but J and I aren't involved in this year's exhibit so wouldn't otherwise have a reason to be there.

Off to the salt races!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was a cool 57 Degrees This morning. It was comfortable Walking, I have walked exactly 7,800 steps so far + 10 Cents found near the start of my walk as I was crossing the road from picking up my Morning Coffee.

As I was heading up for my coffee this morning I was a block from home when suddenly I felt something Bump my leg. Then a friendly young Young dog started running in circles around me making side trips to sniff things. It followed along for a couple of blocks before heading off. I did see the owner out with two of her dogs when looked back, I do see here some mornings bringing the recycling or Garbage to the Curb and we exchange Greetings.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    HI!! Is it too late to post? :)
    Its been a fun day. Marietta is now officially a day older, and she loved her massage, our lunch out, and coffee! Very relaxing day, which she needed desperately.

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day...will explain later why I have to be at the Honda dealer at 8:30 a.m....

Roger loved the cartoons, except the one with the levels that were all marked 'wrong'...sorry but that one went 'zing'....right over my head. I'm sure I missed something...

I love Ezekial Bread. I've never gotten the raisin bread, but I do get the sprouted grain, and keep it in the freezer til I need (want) a piece. I'll bet the raisin bread is really delicious with cheese....if you haven't tried it, do one day. It will be delish!

tomorrow, Ed, will be 85 days 90 or above. Summer has really been something this year! And I'm not sure its over just yet!

Guys have a good night, and I'm going to bed...after Honda, meeting my niece for lunch in Alpharetta, and after that I hope to get some cooking going on here. Want to make another batch of fake, but oh so tasty, pimento cheese to put on some cauliflower, and I have food that needs to be cooked...but I'm about to bet, I'll fall into bed and sleep instead...no Saturday morning hockey, its Sunday this weekend, so what's not done tomorrow afternoon will be done on Saturday. :) For now going to set up the Keurig, and put me to bed. Worn out.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I'm glad You enjoyed the cartoons, I shall endeavor to explain that levels one.
    It is a play on the phrase "wrong on so many levels"
    Someone took a bunch of levels as used in construction and wrote the word "Wrong" on them

If I said my Brother often puts a slice of cheese on bread or a roll he uses for a sandwich that he is taking along somewhere and claims that it melts into the bread as a Butter replacement....

I had the Heel of the of the raisin bread last night before dinner toasted with no butter or ICBINB and it was still OK, It did taste a little better with butter melted into it the day before.
    Going OT, I remember a TV Comedy show episode where the person spreads some ICBINB on a piece of toast and says, have no trouble believing it isn't butter, or words to that effect :)

I turned off the AC overnight and the room stayed fine for sleeping. Today we soar (?) into the mid 70s, As I remember it from yesterdays 10 day weather forecast, on the NY NBC station, the highest day they showed was around 80. A possibility of Rain Sunday evening into monday Morning, I hope so we are in a moderate drought condition and I need to water the Garden today.

Just curious what goes into fake Pimento cheese, Beyond the Pimentos?

I hope You had a restful night and have another Great Day Today
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! My high is predicted to be 89 with 0% chance of rain. Then we're, hopefully, off to Birmingham this evening to photograph their orchid show's judging tomorrow. We'll be staying in the home of one of their society members as it's cheaper than them paying for a hotel for us. Most (not all) societies that ask people to come and do their photography either pay for, or provide, accommodations for the photography crew. Some can't or won't, but you can guess which ones we'll photograph...well, if we were going to be there ANYWAY we'll do it even if they aren't paying. We used to sometimes go there anyway to set an exhibit in Birmingham but J and I aren't involved in this year's exhibit so wouldn't otherwise have a reason to be there.

Hi Ed
    It sounds as if You are going to have a busy and enjoyable weekend. The mornings are now cool to walk in and I am thinking it might be time to pull out the long pants and switch from the shorts. I also bought a couple of Mid weight long sleeve shirts at CostCo Wednesday when I was there to use when short sleeves are to short and Sweatshirts would be too warm :)

I have a very narrow comfort range of temperatures.

Enjoy Your Weekend
    Roger

P.S. Did they ever get the Computer working properly at work?
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Plans gone awry! :) Had to return to Honda, as they keyed in the wrong part number, and yesterday instead of a new air bag, I got some sort of filter for the car!! SO, today, I got an airbag replacement! LOL!!! Mistakes happen....
    And while sitting in Honda, I rec'd a text from my niece, and she has a sick chic home from school today, so no lunch. SOOOO.... home again.

Roger, I don't know how good this would taste to someone who eats real cheese, but since I haven't had real cheese in years, it tastes good to me. I use it on veg's, etc. Also, it tastes worlds better than the fake cheeses from the grocery store. That stuff is gross. And, some of it while saying 'no dairy', has in it the milk protein Casein...which is the very protein that can switch on breast and prostrate cancer genes.... Muscle Milk also has that protein in it, all the while saying in big letters....no dairy. Our right to know about what mfg food has in it is a big crock of ___________!

SO....here's what I will be making just as soon as I finish this.

Pimento Cheeze Sauce…
    Mc Dougall cook book. McDougall Program. page 266.

½ cup raw cashews
    1-½ T lemon juice
    1 t.onion powder
    ½ cup water or less for thickness
    2oz jarred pimiento
    ½ or less Salt
    1/16th garlic powder

Mix all ingredients in a blender and process til smooth.

Recipe's don't get much easier than this! :) Also, will be looking at soup recipe's later today. The success of my creamy spinach soup, and also the creamy carrot soup have whetted my soup appetite! (and its fall and time for soups)

Speaking of fall Hope you've both noticed the moon the last evening or two....tonite is the actual full Harvest Moon! I know why it looks so big, and why it takes on an orange appearance, but I'd rather just look at it in awe, and enjoy its beauty!

Also Roger thanks for the explanation for the 'wrong on so many levels' cartoon. I just didn't either think hard enough, or failed to connect the dots... :)

Ed, enjoy the Orchid show! Safe travels, and good weather wishes to you two. I'm guessing you'll have fun.
    Thought of the saying you posted on fb earlier this week, about saying goodbye and be back soon to pets when you leave...last night it was just dark when I got home from Olivia's gymnastics classes, and there sitting bolt upright in front of the garage door, and staring down the street was Tom E. looking for all the world like a worried parent waiting for an over due child to get home!!! LOL! Crazy cat!

Ok, off to the kitchen...I feel a lunch of Japanese flavored tempeh with an ear of corn, and a side of fresh asparagus! Maybe, a bit of potato???? we'll see......

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    I know You were not appreciative of them getting the wrong part :)
    Did You see the GM recall for Software that could keep the Airbag from deploying at all. That would be worse to me than the low chance of the Takata Airbag problem.

Is that the Muscle Milk Protein shakes or is it a milk replacement product? Interesting that the non dairy cheese has a milk product, I wonder if it is derived from milk or out of a chemical vat.
    FWIW I do not think I would ever try the imitation cheese, There is something wrong with a so called cheese that sits out with no refrigeration needed in the store.

I actually commented to my Brother that there was a big bright glowing object in the Night sky, That the moon looked Full to me.

Here it is after 2PM, lunchtime and I still can not decide what I want to eat, One point in favor of making a menu ahead and sticking to it is avoiding this sort of thing.
    Sorry to hear that Your Lunch got cancelled.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Muscle Milk, is a brand of protein drink sold in nearly any grocery, most gyms, etc. (not to be confused with nutritional drinks like Ensure, that are meant for folks like cancer patients, etc who cannot tolerate food) People buy it (MM) thinking its going to help them develop their muscles, especially after doing weight involved exercise. Where the Casein protein comes from I have always assumed was from dairy cows....how do they get away with it? I doubt it would be financially lucrative to try to manufacture it, and why would you? Its readily available. That, and gyms (mine included) that have tanning beds. Sorta like handing out free cigarettes in the 60's, when they (the tobacco companies) already knew they caused cancer.

I really wasn't upset over the wrong car part. I got a free filter....and someone just made a mistake. Mistakes happen. :)

Enjoying my day, Hope you are also!

Right now I need to feed Tom E. Can't have a hungry 'watch cat'. LOL!!