Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,234 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

D didn't put up any fuss about ordering a replacement spatula, which has now BEEN ordered and should arrive within a week or two. Remember when most mail order items were "wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery" many years ago?

88 is the predicted high for today with 10% chance of rain.

Off to the rat mines!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 75 Degrees This morning warmer than yesterday. It was semi comfortable with a increase in the humidity. I walked 7,400 steps on the nose right now and Two Cents.

I got rained on for about 10 minutes this morning while walking, However having heard the weather forecast and seeing that there had been a light rain before I got up I took Umbrellas with me. I strap the Medium size one to my Backpack which I used as a carrier to free my hands until I needed it and a smaller folding one in a pocket, just in case. I did get a little damp while removing the backpack and deploying the Umbrella. It started as I was heading up the street for my Morning coffee and then stopped after I cam out from getting the coffee.

I suppose that most of You have heard of the IED explosion at the Elizabeth Train Station Overnight? The Explosion was triggered by a Bomb disposal robot when it clipped a wire attempting to disarm one of the 5 devices.

From Here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyregion/pipe-bombs-found-near-train-station-in-elizabeth-nj-official-says.html
    ELIZABETH, N.J. — The bomb drama rattling the New York region arrived here Sunday night when two men walked out of Hector’s Place Restaurant near the city’s train station and found a backpack containing five explosives resting atop a municipal garbage can, Mayor J. Christian Bollwage said.

After finding that the backpack contained “wires and a pipe,” the mayor said, the men dropped the item in the street and contacted the Elizabeth Police Department around 8:45 p.m. The police, in turn, called the Union County bomb squad, and the investigation was quickly turned over to the F.B.I. and the New Jersey State Police, Mr. Bollwage said.

The F.B.I. then sent in a pair of robots and determined that the backpack held five bombs, some of which were pipe bombs, the mayor said.

Around 12:30 a.m., the robots tried to clip a wire to disarm one bomb and accidentally detonated it, the mayor said.

“As a robot was trying to disarm one of the devices, it exploded,” he said. No injuries were reported.

The mayor said around 3 a.m. Monday that one robot was destroyed and another had a mechanical arm blown off.

Have a Safe Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Yep! Protein not a problem....ever wonder where a cow, horse, elephant, etc get their protein? Good ole greens! And beans, and nuts, seeds, etc. Not at all hard to do. :)
    Hi Valerie
    The only reason I was thinking that is supposedly meat is a denser protein source?
    I am aware also that not all protein sources are equal as some such as nuts supposedly have better fats in them.

Have a Safe Day
    Roger
    G'nite y'all. I'm mad at the post office now, as they claim the supplement I ordered for Lilo has been "delivered" but then say that it's "ready for pickup" at the NORCROSS (30071) post office. This is NOT even my post office...I live in Peachtree Corners (30092) and the package was, presumably, addressed to me at my home address. As far as I'm concerned, it has NOT been delivered and I shouldn't have to drive to Norcross to get it. I'm not even sure where that post office is, as I have never had a need to look for it, though Norcross is a neighboring city.

I left a "contact us" message at Amazon letting them know that I am not pleased and that if it's not delivered to my home tomorrow I will not consider it to be "delivered" as I have no intention of driving to Norcross to find it. They can work it out with the post office or send me a replacement.

Tonight’s dinner: Home made hash of Portabella mushrooms, potatoes, onion, bell pepper, and broccoli, topped with sharp Cheddar. Side of fried corn. Wine of choice: Casas De Herencia, 2014, Spain. A lovely red blend that I’ve had before and will hopefully have again, though this was the only bottle that was currently in the house.
    Hi Ed
    Is it possible that the Norcross P.O. is just a intermediate stop on the way to You? I am not a huge fan of the Amazon and Newegg tracking where things get handed off from FedEx or UPS to the USPS. FWIW in my Area Amazon is also running their own delivery service also and they left a package on my porch for someone else on a different street, with that one I caught the driver the next day and gave it back :)

BTW I think the Amazon invoice they email me also shows my delivery address as does the tracking page once I log in. I could also be mistaken :)
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

D didn't put up any fuss about ordering a replacement spatula, which has now BEEN ordered and should arrive within a week or two. Remember when most mail order items were "wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery" many years ago?

88 is the predicted high for today with 10% chance of rain.
    Hi Again
    We already had some of the forecast rain for here. It actually felt warm when I went out the door this morning :(

When I order over the internet I always look for free shipping as I am never in a hurry. However now and then when I am double checking other sellers on Amazon I will find one that is still cheaper even paying for shipping.

Stay Dry
    ROger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi....late, but alive! :)
    Ed, I suspect the package will be delivered today to your home address. I've seen that twice...once I went to the postal center on Boggs road, for an explanation, and they told me I'd have to go to my official post office in Lawrenceville....and I went home, mostly angry? and thought I'd deal with it 'tomorrow'....only to find the package sitting on my porch. The second time that happened, I didn't even bother, and sure enough, package showed up later in the day... Hope this will also be the case for you.

Ok Roger, lets stick with one macro nutrient at a time :).....Protein...greens are pretty high in spinach, kale, bok choy, etc. toss in some beans, etc and you've got your proteins for the meal. I think I have written the formula for protein required on a daily basis. If not, I'll look it up again if your interested. In this country we eat far too much protein for our own good.

Tomorrow we can talk about fats, ok? And check your sources about nut fats...:) (hint the bad fats, the saturated ones are in meat and coconut)

I saw the stories on the news about the bombs and the one that they accidentally blew up...poor old robots... I also saw on today's noon news that they have the guy in custody who planted/made the bombs. Amazingly fast work!

I had about 1.5 inches rain on Sunday....and a nice nap. :) Still 6-ish inches short for the year, but yesterday's rain was fantastic, as it was all day, and slow enough there really wasn't much run off. Good for the trees, lawns, gardens, etc.

I made it to the gym this morning. Did pretty good. Only did the bike for about 25 minutes and only coughed a few times. Will have a second go at it again tomorrow. :) Roger sounds like you had a good morning walk, even with a few minutes rain. Win/Win!

I think I'm going out and look about my mail, and then maybe a nap. ????? Thinking yes!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi....late, but alive! :)
    Ed, I suspect the package will be delivered today to your home address. I've seen that twice...once I went to the postal center on Boggs road, for an explanation, and they told me I'd have to go to my official post office in Lawrenceville....and I went home, mostly angry? and thought I'd deal with it 'tomorrow'....only to find the package sitting on my porch. The second time that happened, I didn't even bother, and sure enough, package showed up later in the day... Hope this will also be the case for you.

Ok Roger, lets stick with one macro nutrient at a time :).....Protein...greens are pretty high in spinach, kale, bok choy, etc. toss in some beans, etc and you've got your proteins for the meal. I think I have written the formula for protein required on a daily basis. If not, I'll look it up again if your interested. In this country we eat far too much protein for our own good.

Tomorrow we can talk about fats, ok? And check your sources about nut fats...:) (hint the bad fats, the saturated ones are in meat and coconut)

I saw the stories on the news about the bombs and the one that they accidentally blew up...poor old robots... I also saw on today's noon news that they have the guy in custody who planted/made the bombs. Amazingly fast work!

I had about 1.5 inches rain on Sunday....and a nice nap. :) Still 6-ish inches short for the year, but yesterday's rain was fantastic, as it was all day, and slow enough there really wasn't much run off. Good for the trees, lawns, gardens, etc.

I made it to the gym this morning. Did pretty good. Only did the bike for about 25 minutes and only coughed a few times. Will have a second go at it again tomorrow. :) Roger sounds like you had a good morning walk, even with a few minutes rain. Win/Win!

I think I'm going out and look about my mail, and then maybe a nap. ????? Thinking yes!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Why, Was I wrong that Nuts are better for You?
    I may be wrong here too, However are not some greens bad for people with a tendency towards the Gout?

Nice that they have the guy, I hope he was a lone wolf too.

I have not hear how much rain we had, the forecast was for over an inch and we needed it too. OTOH the lawn had turned a nice pretty brown and not needed mowing for a couple of weeks :)

I was happy enough getting out when I did, OTOH currently the local cable channel nearby is showing 3 degrees cooler than when I went out the door :(

I brought in the mail a little before 4 when it was delivered. Three Pieces of Junk mail, two Advertising crud for my brother and a Credit Card bill for me, hence the three pieces of junk mail, Bills, Boo, Hiss :)

I hope that cough clears up soon for You.
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger I hear you about the junk, bills, advertising flyers in the mailbox. Many days I go thru the mail in the garage, in front of the recycle bin. Tearing off any address labels, and ditching them in a bag I keep there also...some days....nothing comes into the house!

OK, I misread or misunderstood what you meant about the fat. You were, I now see, saying that the fat in nuts is better for you than the fat in meat! Right on!! You got that right. Nuts are however pretty hefty in calories, so not too many every day! :) I believe it or not there is also fat, in very small amounts in some veg's....but you can eat a ton of veggies. I make soup with spinach, its really tasty...greenest stuff you ever saw, it is creamy and smooth, has no dairy, and is delicious with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast on the top! (I also make a mean carrot, ginger, orange soup. its got a couple ounces of tofu in it, goes thru the blender, and comes out creamy and smooth with bit of ginger bite!! Yum! )

Local news is about the gas shortage...a great many of our stations are out of gas.. some have limited gas, or limited grades available. I understand they are putting in a temporary bypass line to carry gas while they fix that big leak/spill in Alabama. Will be interested to hear what Ed has to say about the gas at his Kroger fuel center.
    I have about ¾ tank, and except for the little 5 miles or so that I go on Wednesdays, my only other MUST is a trip to Decatur to see my chiro...and yes, I MUST do that. So, I should be fine. Not sure how my DS1 is with his gas....he drives 2 hours a day round trip for work..that could be a problem for him. On the other hand, I'm sure he'd be quick to volunteer to work from home for the week!!! :)

Dinner time here....time to go pour my bowl of cereal! :) With, almond milk that I made, and some ground flax seed, and a banana.

Later...(like tomorrow!)

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. Amazon's response to the "ready for pickup" but also somehow "delivered" package was that they contacted the post office, found the label was supposedly damaged so the address wasn't clear, and that they had directed the post office to deliver on Monday (today) to the correct address.

Package was in the mailbox today, with a perfectly clean and clear, easily readable, label, with the correct address on it. It was clearly the ORIGINAL label. Now I HAVE had packages and/or magazines in the past where the label was, indeed, damaged, but that was not the case this time. The label was also clearly marked for SUNDAY DELIVERY.

My suspicion is that the delivery person just didn't feel like doing a run on Sunday and put it all off until Monday...

Gas. Ah...gas. My recommendation for the next couple of days is for everyone to eat a lot of beans and produce their own gas.

We ALMOST ran out yesterday, but our gas delivery people got a delivery to us at the last minute. Today, we were almost out when I got there, but again the gas delivery people got a delivery to us shortly after I got there, filling us about half full on both regular and premium. Diesel was already fairly full and we don't seem to have any shortage on that one.

But...the driver this morning also told me that we would probably run out before the next delivery. We hadn't run out when I left, but it was getting awfully low on both the regular and the premium. It seems we were the ONLY gas station in the immediate area with any gas.

Whether a delivery arrived on time, I have no idea. I do know I was in an ocean of cars most of the day, though there were a few periods that were surprisingly light. By noonish, I had done $2657 plus change in total sales (including all our regular people buying tobacco and drinks) which was over twice what I normally do on a weekday morning. It was a rather frantic and busy morning and finding a moment to even get to the bathroom was difficult. I managed, though, and left instructions with the next shift on what to do WHEN (not if) the gas ran out. Mostly call in for help from a manager...LOL. I was SO glad it didn't run out on me, as it's really a bit of a pain to get all the pumps marked as NOT WORKING and fend off all the customers who are still looking for gas. And we'd have the additional complication of actually HAVING diesel to sell (and wanting to be able to sell it) which could confuse other customers into thinking that we have gas, since they might see an occasional car or truck buying diesel.

I'll see what the situation is tomorrow when I get there.

Dinner tonight was a quick and easy patty melt (without onions this time) with a very small handful of chips. Finishing the wine now.

Then...g'nite all!

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 89 predicted for the high today with 0% chance of rain.

What's the chance of gas? Well, I guess I'll find that out when I get there.

Off to the salt races!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning from 'Endless Summer vs Endless gas lines Georgia'
    What a mess.
    I think today and one other day this week, we may actually NOT hit 90 degrees! Summer is sure being stubborn about leaving. Wonder if she's getting hourly wages? LOL!! Or maybe a longevity bonus package!!!! She is just NOT letting go! (which really doesn't bother me one bit, as I will miss the heat just as soon as its gone.)

Not much on my little mind this morning. Going to attempt an early trip to the gym...
    Just read an interesting article about miso vs salt and blood pressure. May see if I can find any additional info. I could use the miso in most any of my soups of late for a bit of flavor that salt would normally enhance.

Sun's up, I suspect I have a hungry cat on my roof!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 68 Degrees This morning a nice change from yesterday. It was still comfortable with a increase in the humidity. I have walked 8.4K steps so far and no Cents.

The Sunchokes have finally started to bloom, It is about time, the tallest ones are higher than the Gutters on the house :)

They seem to have caught the Bomber and on the Plus side they also found more explosive devices in the house that the capture had prevented being set.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger I hear you about the junk, bills, advertising flyers in the mailbox. Many days I go thru the mail in the garage, in front of the recycle bin. Tearing off any address labels, and ditching them in a bag I keep there also...some days....nothing comes into the house!

OK, I misread or misunderstood what you meant about the fat. You were, I now see, saying that the fat in nuts is better for you than the fat in meat! Right on!! You got that right. Nuts are however pretty hefty in calories, so not too many every day! :) I believe it or not there is also fat, in very small amounts in some veg's....but you can eat a ton of veggies. I make soup with spinach, its really tasty...greenest stuff you ever saw, it is creamy and smooth, has no dairy, and is delicious with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast on the top! (I also make a mean carrot, ginger, orange soup. its got a couple ounces of tofu in it, goes thru the blender, and comes out creamy and smooth with bit of ginger bite!! Yum! )

Local news is about the gas shortage...a great many of our stations are out of gas.. some have limited gas, or limited grades available. I understand they are putting in a temporary bypass line to carry gas while they fix that big leak/spill in Alabama. Will be interested to hear what Ed has to say about the gas at his Kroger fuel center.
    I have about ¾ tank, and except for the little 5 miles or so that I go on Wednesdays, my only other MUST is a trip to Decatur to see my chiro...and yes, I MUST do that. So, I should be fine. Not sure how my DS1 is with his gas....he drives 2 hours a day round trip for work..that could be a problem for him. On the other hand, I'm sure he'd be quick to volunteer to work from home for the week!!! :)

Dinner time here....time to go pour my bowl of cereal! :) With, almond milk that I made, and some ground flax seed, and a banana.

Later...(like tomorrow!)
    Hi Valerie
    I was wondering if or how the gas line problem was impacting Your area. They mentioned other southern states in the news and Georgia was not mentioned.
    I suspect that DS1 will be able to cope, We got through and survived the two gas shortages in the past. Long lines at the stations however We survived. I was luck that a friend had a an old Diesel Mercedes so all I had to do was get to his house and carpool to work. Gas was in short supply, Diesel did not seem to be a problem then. I wonder if that is also true now.

We sort of do something similar. I keep two bags on hand for mail and paper, One is for straight recycle and the other is for items that have a name and address. I also pull of the shipping labels from boxes and stick them on the other things to shred so they go through the shredded easier.

I think I am around 3/4 tank myself. My Brother keeps his above the 1/2 full mark since he believes that helps prevent condensation in the tank.

I probably take the car out several times a month, mainly for things to far away to walk such as CostCo or the Acme or when items would be to heavy to carry in the backpack.
    Good Morning from 'Endless Summer vs Endless gas lines Georgia'
    What a mess.
    I think today and one other day this week, we may actually NOT hit 90 degrees! Summer is sure being stubborn about leaving. Wonder if she's getting hourly wages? LOL!! Or maybe a longevity bonus package!!!! She is just NOT letting go! (which really doesn't bother me one bit, as I will miss the heat just as soon as its gone.)

Not much on my little mind this morning. Going to attempt an early trip to the gym...
    Just read an interesting article about miso vs salt and blood pressure. May see if I can find any additional info. I could use the miso in most any of my soups of late for a bit of flavor that salt would normally enhance.

Sun's up, I suspect I have a hungry cat on my roof!

Later...

Hi Again
    Sorry to hear it is a mess for You. We will be in the 80s for highs for a while and in the 6os for the overnight lows. We did have a decent rainfall yesterday, Yea!

It is a bit of a shame that the same thing that enhances flavor is also a contributor to high BP.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. Amazon's response to the "ready for pickup" but also somehow "delivered" package was that they contacted the post office, found the label was supposedly damaged so the address wasn't clear, and that they had directed the post office to deliver on Monday (today) to the correct address.

Package was in the mailbox today, with a perfectly clean and clear, easily readable, label, with the correct address on it. It was clearly the ORIGINAL label. Now I HAVE had packages and/or magazines in the past where the label was, indeed, damaged, but that was not the case this time. The label was also clearly marked for SUNDAY DELIVERY.

My suspicion is that the delivery person just didn't feel like doing a run on Sunday and put it all off until Monday...

Gas. Ah...gas. My recommendation for the next couple of days is for everyone to eat a lot of beans and produce their own gas.

We ALMOST ran out yesterday, but our gas delivery people got a delivery to us at the last minute. Today, we were almost out when I got there, but again the gas delivery people got a delivery to us shortly after I got there, filling us about half full on both regular and premium. Diesel was already fairly full and we don't seem to have any shortage on that one.

But...the driver this morning also told me that we would probably run out before the next delivery. We hadn't run out when I left, but it was getting awfully low on both the regular and the premium. It seems we were the ONLY gas station in the immediate area with any gas.

Whether a delivery arrived on time, I have no idea. I do know I was in an ocean of cars most of the day, though there were a few periods that were surprisingly light. By noonish, I had done $2657 plus change in total sales (including all our regular people buying tobacco and drinks) which was over twice what I normally do on a weekday morning. It was a rather frantic and busy morning and finding a moment to even get to the bathroom was difficult. I managed, though, and left instructions with the next shift on what to do WHEN (not if) the gas ran out. Mostly call in for help from a manager...LOL. I was SO glad it didn't run out on me, as it's really a bit of a pain to get all the pumps marked as NOT WORKING and fend off all the customers who are still looking for gas. And we'd have the additional complication of actually HAVING diesel to sell (and wanting to be able to sell it) which could confuse other customers into thinking that we have gas, since they might see an occasional car or truck buying diesel.

I'll see what the situation is tomorrow when I get there.

Dinner tonight was a quick and easy patty melt (without onions this time) with a very small handful of chips. Finishing the wine now.

Then...g'nite all!
    Hi Ed
    Your suspicion could be right as to why the package was not delivered :)
    I will say that Amazon has been good about any problems with the product or delivery. I had a wrong product Last year and a damaged product recently. They did not bother to recover the items as I suspect that generating and sending a prepaid label and the shipping back would have cost more that the item was worth. All I know for sure is they sent a email on this years item apologizing for the damage and saying to discard it and not bother to return it. It was a fulfilled by Amazon food packaging that was open in the box and was probably that way when it was packed for shipment too.

I am sorry to hear that things were hectic, OTOH at least where You are You do not also have to pump the fuel as they have to do here so it could have been worse. It sounds as if You dodged a bullet by not being there when the fuel ran out too.

I was wondering how the Gas situation was playing out, Thank You for that information.
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 89 predicted for the high today with 0% chance of rain.

What's the chance of gas? Well, I guess I'll find that out when I get there.
    Hi Again
    It sounds as if it will be a decent day if You can take the heat. We had cool temperatures yesterday and it rained a couple of times too.

Time for me to go finish my broken in segments breakfast.

Have a Good Day and I hope work was not to hectic
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    ofJWeF.png

WHirB0.jpg

ucAgir.jpg

Ac7CuT.gif

cOzVlc.jpg
    New Zealand earthquake aftermath
  • GardenKatGardens
    Back again!
    Had so much fun seeing folks at the gym, that it was an hour before I even touched a bike!!! But got my wo done, and the rest of the day is mine!

Meat is the gout culprit. Gout is a form of arthritis and I lifted the following from the Mayo Clinic web site.

Recommendations for specific foods or supplements include the following:
    High-purine vegetables. Studies have shown that vegetables high in purines do not increase the risk of gout or recurring gout attacks. A healthy diet based on lots of fruits and vegetables can include high-purine vegetables, such as asparagus, spinach, peas, cauliflower or mushrooms. You can also eat beans or lentils, which are moderately high in purines but are also a good source of protein.
    Organ and glandular meats. Avoid meats such as liver, kidney and sweetbreads, which have high purine levels and contribute to high blood levels of uric acid.
    Selected seafood. Avoid the following types of seafood, which are higher in purines than others: anchovies, herring, sardines, mussels, scallops, trout, haddock, mackerel and tuna.
    Alcohol. The metabolism of alcohol in your body is thought to increase uric acid production, and alcohol contributes to dehydration. Beer is associated with an increased risk of gout and recurring attacks, as are distilled liquors to some extent. The effect of wine is not as well-understood. If you drink alcohol, talk to your doctor about what is appropriate for you.
    Vitamin C. Vitamin C may help lower uric acid levels. Talk to your doctor about whether a 500-milligram vitamin C supplement fits into your diet and medication plan.
    Coffee. Some research suggests that moderate coffee consumption may be associated with a reduced risk of gout, particularly with regular caffeinated coffee. Drinking coffee may not be appropriate for other medical conditions. Talk to your doctor about how much coffee is right for you.
    Cherries. There is some evidence that eating cherries is associated with a reduced risk of gout attacks. (I can personally attest to the good effects of Tart Cherry juice and arthritis! )

Yeah, not everybody has issues with salt and BP. But the medical folk just blanket state to cut back on salt. My BP is not from salt intake! I pretty much don't use the stuff..and since I don't use packaged foods, I'm pretty sure salt is not my issue. On the other hand, I'm not going to eat a lot of it...why ask for trouble?

That picture of the rail lines all zig-zag is amazing! The power of nature in pictures! And yes, I laughed over the mice and CPR on the 'mouse'... :)

Missed my nap yesterday...but today is another opportunity!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    I thought You might get a kick out of the Mouse, You will notice I put it first :)

I have no trouble avoiding meats such as liver, kidney and sweetbreads or most seafood. I do avoid anchovies, herring, sardines, mussels, scallops, trout, haddock, mackerel and tuna, well most of the time I avoid Tuna and when I do if canned it should be solid pack white as well as water pack not oil pack. I do use some canned Salmon when it is on sale, Once again I am a bit picky as I go for the Red Salmon and then it gets incorporated in another dish.

I like Cherries in season and the dried cherries from Trader Joes, Until the roof caved in from snow :(

I seem to be able to tolerate most things at least in moderation with no problems. I take some supplements and have for over a year and the latest Blood work was great so It seems to be working for me that way.

Also not a problem with Alcohol, I can take it or leave it so I tend to leave it since the last time I had a bit too much I had a gout flareup, cause and effect or coincidence, I do not know.

Thank You for the Information
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    ARGGGG!
    Its 7:22p. and I want a cup of coffee!!! No, No, No, Nope and NO!!!
    Booohoooo!
    Aren't sudden and totally inappropriate cravings weird? (so is talking to myself I suppose. :))
    Have a great evening...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy again y'all. It was busy today, but nothing like yesterday. I did hear news that the weekend was pretty insane too, but we didn't run out of anything until yesterday, when we ran out for a while and, this morning, were still out of Premium, and, consequently, Mid-Grade, since it's a blend of premium and regular. Even though we had signs on the pumps stating that we were out of premium and mid-grade, some customers were still pressing those buttons and then wondering why they couldn't pump any gas. People just don't pay attention to what's right in front of them! I'd swear too that some of the looked RIGHT AT THE SIGN saying there wasn't any premium and still pushed the button. I ended up cutting some strips of yellow paper and taping them over the buttons for mid-grade and premium.

Around 9:00 a.m. we got a delivery that about half filled us on regular (which was pretty low by then) and half on premium, too and just as I was heading in to the store to get chips and candy, another delivery to give us more! It was looking pretty good when I left, at about 3/4 full for all tanks.

We never did have any issues with diesel running short.

According to an email from Pizza Hut, it's National Pepperoni Pizza day! So my dinner was...
    Home assembled and home baked pizza with pepperoni, sausage, and ham. OK it wasn't JUST a pepperoni pizza, but there was pepperoni on it! Wine of choice: Místico Tempranillo, 2015, Spain.

And of course I'll be having leftover pizza for breakfast.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

89 predicted for the high today with 0% chance of rain. Hopefully some of the other gas stations in the area will have gas by now and that will ease up the strain on mine! I'll see how it is when I get there, of course.

Off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 68 Degrees This morning no change from yesterday. It was still comfortable walking despite no appreciable decrease in the humidity. I have walked 8,222 steps so far and once again no Cents.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some fruits, Then Clumsy me dropped one of the bananas on the floor, Naturally it was the greenest one that needs to ripen :(
    I also picked up a 4 ounce 4 slice of Cooked ham lunch meat at 35 calories per slice and 390 sodium to use as a protein. So I will most likely pair it at 1 slice of ham and a slice of Velveeta at 40 calorie a slice on a 60 calorie Wrap or 1/2slice of wrap or as my brother calls it a wish sandwich because You wish it had some meat and cheese in it.

The Humidity is supposed to drop throughout the day, Today through Friday out high is forecast to be in the 80s above normal for this time of year.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Guys!
    Ed, sounds like things were a bit better. You're right about the signs...people don't read..sometimes I'm guilty of that myself, sorry to say. Hope today is good, and that soon we get gasoline in ATL. The stuff I see on the news is not generally good...but then that seems to be the mindset of the local stations.

Grocery shopping day here...Publix for BP check, and probably not much else. Their flyer did have one thing, not sure I remember what that was good...other than that...looks like a Kroger day, and if I have the time and energy a quick trip to the gym, and the Mex market. That will leave Costco for another day. (thinking Friday)

Weather station here in Duluth did show 90 degrees yesterday, not sure that was the case in ATL itself. Bet we make 90 again today. Tomorrow maybe not, it the rain thats predicted actually gets here. :)

Going to check up on breakfast. I need a stay at home cooking day...my soup is finished (eaten), and I need to make more nut milk, and another batch of salad dressing...I have beets to cook, and a batch of lentils...etc. Having all that on hand makes for some really quick meals for the next 5-7 days. I'm thinking Friday... which I just realized will be a busy day! So cooking may happen on Saturday, as I don't see a game scheduled for the entire weekend? I'd better check that out with the coach tonite when we chat. :)

Later...