Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Lovely Saturday...when I got up it was still pretty dark, but not because it was early....it was super cloudy this a.m. No rain though. We're sitting at 'Extreme Drought' at this point. Not nice Old Mom Nature...not nice at all.

I spent a few minutes having some fun in the kitchen. Heck it was all cleaned up, needed some dirty dishes, right? I cooked beets in the Instant Pot (elec. pressure cooker) or InstaPot as I call it, and they were great! 15 minutes! Wooza! And I cleaned and cooked asparagus, and I used up the last of a container of spinach sautèed, onion, garlic and mushroom to go in it...oh, and I warmed a bit of the leek soup, and made it a sauce! LOL! Big plate of breakfast! Tasty too!

Have a pineapple to cut up...will eat what I can, and Monday I will freeze the rest for later.
    As far as I know, we will be going to St. Simons. So, need to take stock and see just where I am on food that has to be consumed before I leave, and segregate it from the food that will keep til I return on Sat. night. Shouldn't be too difficult :)
    And I have a bit of internet work to do....a bit of straightening up as Ted is coming out Sunday to go to the hockey game with me, and ??? after. Lunch no doubt.

The chicken pot pi, and the two golden retrievers contemplating human meal are funniest!
    Jack and Jenn got a rescue golden..weird dog...but really good at snatching food from counters, table, etc. I've never had a dog big enough to do that...well, thats not quite true...I had a beagle mix that got pretty tall, and could have snatched food from the table, but knew better!

Time to get me wound up and going!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,233 Member
    Well, it's been a sort of lazy day, but I did do the monthly flush of the air conditioner drain, and made sure the sink is clear. I've set out some vegetables for a stir fry for tonight and pulled a whole chicken out of the freezer to thaw up so that in a few days I can make a roasted chicken.

So it hasn't been a totally lazy day...

And I updated my Windows 10 virtual sandbox.
  • parityanimal
    Tonight’s dinner. Wine was Tapaculo Rosè, 2015. Dinner was stir fry of dry fried tofu, parsnip, onion, red and green bell pepper, and broccoli, with a sauce made starting with some Hoisin Garlic sauce, with added sriracha, vegetarian oyster sauce and soy sauce. This was served over small servings of jasmine rice. The wine was a decent pairing for the food, which was delicious and there ARE leftovers.

20161015_190814_zpseuyapzio.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Sunday!

Woke up at about quarter to four, not surprisingly. But of course I need to be up even earlier tomorrow to begin my last two weeks at Kroger.

Lilo has been fed and so have I, along with all my vitamins and morning supplements.

This seems to be MY WEEKEND for lottery. I won $6 in the Thursday Jumbo lottery, which I claimed on Friday. Then I won $6 more in Friday's MegaMillions and woke this morning to find I won $8 in last night's PowerBall!

So, $20 total for lottery from the three night's. That isn't bad at all, so I'm calling last week a great week! Finally got rid of the house in Memphis, put in my notice at Kroger, and won $20. Definitely a great week.

Laundry today, and some dishes.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Guys...its Sunday!
    Ed's Lucky Week...house sold, lottery wins, job notice....followed by laundry and dishes...which at first struck me as oh, then the gratefulness gene kicked in and said, well, he's got clothes to wash..some don't. and dirty dishes nearly always means there is/was food! So, yep, Ed's Lucky Week!!
    BTW, your dinner LOOKS wonderful...too bad computers can't help you smell the things you choose to smell....like flowers and Ed's dinners!! :)
    Ted coming out and going to Cumming Ga with me for Nate's hockey game..so sorta need to get in the shower and eat some breakfast. Think food wise looks a lot like leftover beets and asparagus and spinach with potato leek 'sauce'!
    I should trade all of that for Ed's leftovers from dinner!!! LOL!! HA HA, and fat chance!!
    I expect I may be making a similar dish soon, as it looked so good.
    I have started a Spanish class online...this is a hoot. I've done 3 lessons, and I knew all the words except lo siento...that was new. What has hung me up is SPELLING the words, and the diacritical marks, meanwhile, buenos días, and buenas noches. Haven't learned the word for 'later' yet, but my brain says it nearly has to be mañana!! :)

Roger how's your knee? Hope its much better and that you are resting it again today. Take it from me, don't mess up your knees! And get help when you need it. (don't wait around like I did)...

again mañana!!

• parityanimal
    Besides, it's a NEW WEEK now!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It is 48 degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I went walking today for 5149 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to a little further than I had originally planned to go which was a Boomerang visit for Coffee and back home. :)

Forecast today for the Upper 60s, warmer tomorrow, parts of NJ had a frost warning for the overnight Friday into Saturday morning. I did not see any frost Saturday morning, however it must have been cold enough to kill off the Zucchini plants as they looked wilted Saturday Morning.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Good Morning!
    Lovely Saturday...when I got up it was still pretty dark, but not because it was early....it was super cloudy this a.m. No rain though. We're sitting at 'Extreme Drought' at this point. Not nice Old Mom Nature...not nice at all.

I spent a few minutes having some fun in the kitchen. Heck it was all cleaned up, needed some dirty dishes, right? I cooked beets in the Instant Pot (elec. pressure cooker) or InstaPot as I call it, and they were great! 15 minutes! Wooza! And I cleaned and cooked asparagus, and I used up the last of a container of spinach sautèed, onion, garlic and mushroom to go in it...oh, and I warmed a bit of the leek soup, and made it a sauce! LOL! Big plate of breakfast! Tasty too!

Have a pineapple to cut up...will eat what I can, and Monday I will freeze the rest for later.
    As far as I know, we will be going to St. Simons. So, need to take stock and see just where I am on food that has to be consumed before I leave, and segregate it from the food that will keep til I return on Sat. night. Shouldn't be too difficult :)
    And I have a bit of internet work to do....a bit of straightening up as Ted is coming out Sunday to go to the hockey game with me, and ??? after. Lunch no doubt.

The chicken pot pi, and the two golden retrievers contemplating human meal are funniest!
    Jack and Jenn got a rescue golden..weird dog...but really good at snatching food from counters, table, etc. I've never had a dog big enough to do that...well, thats not quite true...I had a beagle mix that got pretty tall, and could have snatched food from the table, but knew better!

Time to get me wound up and going!
    Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Better Drought than Flooding like other parts of the south like I see on the news....
    My Brother is muttering it looks like the lawn will need mowing again as well as he wants to rake up leaves to use in whatever he wraps the Fig Trees in.

I'm glad You liked the humor.
    Good Morning Guys...its Sunday!
    Ed's Lucky Week...house sold, lottery wins, job notice....followed by laundry and dishes...which at first struck me as oh, then the gratefulness gene kicked in and said, well, he's got clothes to wash..some don't. and dirty dishes nearly always means there is/was food! So, yep, Ed's Lucky Week!!
    BTW, your dinner LOOKS wonderful...too bad computers can't help you smell the things you choose to smell....like flowers and Ed's dinners!! :)
    Ted coming out and going to Cumming Ga with me for Nate's hockey game..so sorta need to get in the shower and eat some breakfast. Think food wise looks a lot like leftover beets and asparagus and spinach with potato leek 'sauce'!
    I should trade all of that for Ed's leftovers from dinner!!! LOL!! HA HA, and fat chance!!
    I expect I may be making a similar dish soon, as it looked so good.
    I have started a Spanish class online...this is a hoot. I've done 3 lessons, and I knew all the words except lo siento...that was new. What has hung me up is SPELLING the words, and the diacritical marks, meanwhile, buenos días, and buenas noches. Haven't learned the word for 'later' yet, but my brain says it nearly has to be mañana!! :)

Roger how's your knee? Hope its much better and that you are resting it again today. Take it from me, don't mess up your knees! And get help when you need it. (don't wait around like I did)...

again mañana!!
    Hi Again
    What did You do, Re: Waiting?

I agree it could be manana as I understand that to mean Tomorrow as in the Song, Manana is soon enough for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64qYKrJNt6c
    FWIW if You let the Song play through it is followed by other hit songs by Peggy :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Tonight’s dinner. Wine was Tapaculo Rosè, 2015. Dinner was stir fry of dry fried tofu, parsnip, onion, red and green bell pepper, and broccoli, with a sauce made starting with some Hoisin Garlic sauce, with added sriracha, vegetarian oyster sauce and soy sauce. This was served over small servings of jasmine rice. The wine was a decent pairing for the food, which was delicious and there ARE leftovers.

20161015_190814_zpseuyapzio.jpg
    Hi Ed
    That looks delicious You are some cook.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Sunday!

Woke up at about quarter to four, not surprisingly. But of course I need to be up even earlier tomorrow to begin my last two weeks at Kroger.

Lilo has been fed and so have I, along with all my vitamins and morning supplements.

This seems to be MY WEEKEND for lottery. I won $6 in the Thursday Jumbo lottery, which I claimed on Friday. Then I won $6 more in Friday's MegaMillions and woke this morning to find I won $8 in last night's PowerBall!

So, $20 total for lottery from the three night's. That isn't bad at all, so I'm calling last week a great week! Finally got rid of the house in Memphis, put in my notice at Kroger, and won $20. Definitely a great week.

Laundry today, and some dishes.
    Wow, Three wins in four days, You had a Good week with lots done.

Enjoy the upcoming last two weeks at work.
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger,
    you wrote.... "Hi Again What did You do, Re: Waiting?" And I can't figure out what it references?
    Hockey game was a Shut Out, Nate scored a goal. and it was a fun day with Ted...
    except maybe 2 things....one the gift of his old Garmin...vivosmart HR. Grrrr. Give me a few days, I hope I will get the hang of it....and he brought a bottle of Soylent for me to try. He's thinking of buying some to have either mornings or at work mid day.... I wish him luck.
    Nasty tasting stuff. For one, he got vanilla. I have no idea what other flavors there are, but this is nearly tasteless....and I messed with it, added a good bit of vanilla, and even a pkg of artificial sweetner...still lacks taste! ???? I dunno!!!
    It is dairy free which is to its favor...it also has several soy derivatives...not good, and I have reason to believe the soy is GMO...and I don't intentionally eat GMO garbage.
    I do sound like a crabby ole witch!
    I am tired, but this Garmin is going to drive me nutso! It obviously will not work with the stationary bike...it right now is telling me AGAIN I need to MOVE! and I have, in my opinion. all around the house but apparently that doesn't satisfy it. It does count steps, but so does my Fitbit. Like I said, give me a few days I may come to like it.

Later... mañana

• parityanimal
    edited October 2016
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! High of 83 predicted with 0% chance of rain.

Off to the salt races!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    As long as the Soylent wasn't green, I wouldn't be too concerned about the ingredients...but I would be concerned about the taste!

• RogerToo
    lRtOaM.jpg
    So True

dydb7o.gif

GK2060.png

iVlA0D.jpg

TengMb.png
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It is 62 degrees this morning a decent change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I went walking today for 7419 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday.

Forecast today for the upper 70s to 80. Warmer thru Wednesday

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger,
    you wrote.... "Hi Again What did You do, Re: Waiting?" And I can't figure out what it references?
    Hockey game was a Shut Out, Nate scored a goal. and it was a fun day with Ted...
    except maybe 2 things....one the gift of his old Garmin...vivosmart HR. Grrrr. Give me a few days, I hope I will get the hang of it....and he brought a bottle of Soylent for me to try. He's thinking of buying some to have either mornings or at work mid day.... I wish him luck.
    Nasty tasting stuff. For one, he got vanilla. I have no idea what other flavors there are, but this is nearly tasteless....and I messed with it, added a good bit of vanilla, and even a pkg of artificial sweetner...still lacks taste! ???? I dunno!!!
    It is dairy free which is to its favor...it also has several soy derivatives...not good, and I have reason to believe the soy is GMO...and I don't intentionally eat GMO garbage.
    I do sound like a crabby ole witch!
    I am tired, but this Garmin is going to drive me nutso! It obviously will not work with the stationary bike...it right now is telling me AGAIN I need to MOVE! and I have, in my opinion. all around the house but apparently that doesn't satisfy it. It does count steps, but so does my Fitbit. Like I said, give me a few days I may come to like it.

Later... mañana
    Hi Valerie
    I'm not sure what happened there beyond a fail. As far as I can recall it was something to do with what You posted, "don't mess up your knees! And get help when you need it. (don't wait around like I did)" a unclear what happened to You due to waiting?

Hmmm... I thought a Garmin was a GPS device?

A shutout, whee...

As far as GMO, I am ambivalent, I think some could be good, it can't all be bad. However how do You tell.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    I had missed the Soylent Green
    As long as the Soylent wasn't green, I wouldn't be too concerned about the ingredients...but I would be concerned about the taste!
    Hi Ed
    I had missed the Soylent Green thing until You mentioned it, Then I recalled seeing the movie.

Have Nice day at work
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Woman Vacuuming Gasoline Out Of Trunk Sparks Explosion
    http://1079ishot.com/woman-vacuuming-gasoline-out-of-trunk-sparks-explosion-video/
    A woman thought that it would be a great idea to just vacuum the gasoline out of her truck. Well, it turned out to be a TERRIBLE idea.

The woman is seen in surveillance video vacuuming the gasoline out of her trunk, but what she did not take into consideration was what could happen as a result of. An explosion.

The vacuum at the car wash was destroyed and will cost $500 to repair. Luckily, no one was injured here.

Let’s just hope this young lady learned a lesson her and NEVER decides to vacuum gasoline out of anything again.

Dumb Robber Alert :)
    Warren hotel clerk who grabbed gun, stopped robbery says he was doing his job
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/macomb-county/warren-hotel-clerk-who-grabbed-gun-stopped-robbery-says-he-was-doing-his-job
    Stunned hotel guests called 911 for help after a woman wearing a mask walked into the Victory Suites to demand cash.

But midnight desk clerk Alan Noel turned the tables on her. When she set the gun on the counter, Noel grabbed it.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Too many thoughts, too little time. I have eaten, as has Tom E. but, not even dressed yet.
    Our weather is pretty much the same...the low I saw here was a bit cooler, and we'll be seeing mid 80's, no rain.
    The GMO issue will have to go back burner...it IS an issue, if not to what it does to humans, or to animals, then what it does to the (earth) ie fields its sprayed on. That is HUGE. Also, never mind...I need to get day going.
    Garmin is a GPS, a keeper of exercise data, a pedometer, records my heart rate as in current and avg. its a sleep watcher...as in deep sleep, light sleep, got up to pee sleepwalking, ha! and it can count laps in the pool, and more, and more and more... yep its water proof...goes with you in the shower, don't think I'd wear it in the ocean, simply because of the two little metal nodes that are part of the recharging system. (about every 4 days Ted said)...

I worsened the inflammation in my knee joints, and it made for a very long recovery. Sorta like if you banged your shin on the coffee table..do it once and it heals rather nicely...but do it several times each day and you get a different recovery. Well, I banged the heck out of my poor knees over a long time...and stubbornly kept doing it because I 'needed the exercise'...blah, blah, blah, and the recovery has been much longer than the repetitive injury.
    Just sayin'.... If your walking is pain free then great...if its causing you pain, or need for Nsaids, or keeping you awake at night... you alone can decide this. Contrary to the popular saying 'I feel your pain'...no, I don't! only you feel your pain! LOL!!

Ok, I really have a list of stuff to do..like gas the car, go to the bank, trip to Walmart for cat food, I really hate running errands.....putting this off all morning. Time for action!

Loved the first 3 cartoons best....ps, the beer was not for the kids, but for the mommies! :), only I'd hope they had a little better taste in brew, or tried wine. Just my fun opinion..

Later...mañana!

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Day two of the final ten. They selected a replacement who already works out in the fuel center so training can be minimized, which is good. There is still a lot to impart but I don't have to train him in general fuel center operations as well, and he's already had all the fuel safety training.

I guess he'll be coming in for the manager training a couple of days next week.

High for today creeping upward again. I think Summer is trying to make a comeback, as it's supposed to be even higher tomorrow.

86 predicted for today. 0% chance of rain again.

Off to the rat mines!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Summer has returned, no trying to it! Should tie a record for today, and though I won't be here to see it, break the record heat record for the date tomorrow.
    News said this morning that the water supply (from a small river) has receded to the point that they're putting porta potties at the school, and bringing in bottled water. What I didn't catch is whether its in Haralson county, or the town of Haralson. Bad, which ever it is.

Lots to do this morning...but, coffee first! :)

Later...