Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Valerie
    It sounds as if You have a list that will be enough to keep You busy for the day despite being short.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,233 Member
    Well the red kabocha squash has been delicious so far. Still have a large chunk left to cook. I've been having it with just butter, salt and pepper, though I expect it would be great with just a light salt and some cinnamon.

Two down from the final week now. Three days to go! Countdown continues...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! High of 76 predicted today with 10% chance of rain.

Off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    ECAbf6.png

MUOXS0.png

QEk1S4.png

6QsoGL.png

ElBGQc.png
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 42 degrees this morning and it is sunny, OTOH there was frost on the cars. I walked today for 7,995 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    And there is a chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state for tomorrow when the rain moves in for the rest of us.

Today's grocery store stop was Bananas, Pears and Black Plums for me and Ground Cinnamon for my brother. He uses it in his Oatmeal and naturally the 10% discount :)

I have seen a similar sight in town while walking, When I went to take a picture the batteries in the camera were dead :( so here is a very similar image from the Internet :)
    PUgwbf.jpg

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well the red kabocha squash has been delicious so far. Still have a large chunk left to cook. I've been having it with just butter, salt and pepper, though I expect it would be great with just a light salt and some cinnamon.

Two down from the final week now. Three days to go! Countdown continues...
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! High of 76 predicted today with 10% chance of rain.
    Hi Ed
    The final two days starting Thursday, I bet You are happy with that.

I do not recall ever having a bad tasting winter squash from any of the ones I have tried.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! High of 79 predicted for today with 20% chance of rain. We'll see...

Off to the rat mines!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 46 degrees this morning and it was cloudy starting out, Then that turned into a drizzle followed by a light rain on the way back. OTOH there was a touch of snow in a news broadcast from up North o where I am so it could be worse, Probably not so good for the morning commute up that way. I walked today for 7,714 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    The chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state forecast for today appears to have come true.

I should mention that the Dining Room table is 1/2 covered with Drying Sweet Potatoes from the garden, some of which got a little large at almost 2 pounds each. The last of the tomatoes are sitting there, Mainly green right now so I am hoping they turn ripe. Not much else to do with Cherry tomatoes that are green I suspect.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roge
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Thursday Morning!
    58 when I woke this morning...sunny. meaning no rain. :(
    Found a new bread..'Promise' I saw it at Costco, Roger. Gluten free, low fat, high fiber, dairy free, wheat free and nut free. Must be new, they were giving samples with butter! So, I asked for a plain piece. Woman looked at me like I was nuts... but I'm pretty used to that by now. :). It tasted good. It does have a very small bit of dried egg white in it...but its so far down the list I'm ignoring it. Oh, and its made in Ireland!!! (be still my Irish heart! :) )

I originally went to pick up my 2 prescriptions...they only had one....yet the Dr. office had called to say they'd faxed over my correct BP script. Well, either no they didn't, or it got eaten in fax heaven. So, they, Costco are calling my doc's office...meanwhile they gave me 3 of the tablets I need, as I had taken the last I had yesterday morning. So, I'm good thru Saturday. If its not straightened out by tomorrow morning, I'm going myself again to the Doc.s office and ask for a written prescription that I can then drive the mile to Costco and personally hand to the pharmacy. I have very few patience genes left, and they're treading mighty close to extinction!

Ed....its almost there! Just one more sleep!! Won't it be nice to not get up at 3:30 a.m.!?!
    Poor Lilo...she'll have not only a new schedule to remember, but we're soon to 'fall back' to standard time....2nd issue that will mess with her internal clock! Might be time to double up with her loves or treats!

Roger, sorry about the end of your walk being wet, but you were well prepared. About the green tomatoes...my neighbor used to come over and pick my green tomatoes the day before first bad frost...and she wrapped them individually in a sheet of news paper, and put them in a cardboard box...and they'd ripen, to be eaten Thanksgiving! Storing them in a cool place was key to the success of that project. Just a thought. Have no idea about cherry tomatoes once they're picked. but next year, you can pull the plant out of the ground...yep, the whole thing, hang upside down in the garage where it will be cool, but not freezing...and you can pick them as they ripen. Works, I've done that before. (looks a bit odd, and cuz they're upside down, the little toms. hang down to picking level)

Ok, list is a bit longer today, and Gymnastics tonite.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy again y'all. ONE DAY TO GO! And I'll have the new manager in there for 6 of the 8 hours. Should be a piece of cake! And I wouldn't be surprised to find a cake waiting in the break room at the end of the day, though no one has said anything about any sort of retirement party for me. We'll see. Frankly, I'd rather just quietly slip out the door...

Tonight’s meatless Monday…er, Thursday dinner was vegetarian Frito Nachos with refried pinto beans, hot habanero salsa, Kroger Fiesta shredded cheese blend, and home made FACE MELTING SPICY HOT home made guacamole. Oh, it was good! I've finally stopped sweating and my sinuses have calmed down.

Wine of choice: Elun Carménère, 2014, Chile. This was an excellent pairing with the food.
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    It is showing 46 degrees this morning and it was cloudy starting out, Then that turned into a drizzle followed by a light rain on the way back. OTOH there was a touch of snow in a news broadcast from up North o where I am so it could be worse, Probably not so good for the morning commute up that way. I walked today for 7,714 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    The chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state forecast for today appears to have come true.

I should mention that the Dining Room table is 1/2 covered with Drying Sweet Potatoes from the garden, some of which got a little large at almost 2 pounds each. The last of the tomatoes are sitting there, Mainly green right now so I am hoping they turn ripe. Not much else to do with Cherry tomatoes that are green I suspect.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roge

Green Tomato Ketchup. It's a delicious relish! You could give it a try.
  • parityanimal
    I've been de-activating the daily (Monday through Friday) 3:00 a.m. alarm for each week day in my phone as we go this week, but tomorrow I can DELETE THAT ALARM entirely!

Woo hoo!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's FANTASTIC, FABULOUS FRIDAY!

My alarm didn't go off this morning, but that's because I woke up about 5 minutes before it would have, and deleted the alarm.

Lilo has been fed. I've been fed. Off to the Kroger rat mine salt races for the last time!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 46 degrees this morning and cloudy, The rain has moved out overnight. I walked today for 8,422 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    And the chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state for Thursday happened with rain for the rest of us.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Thursday Morning!
    58 when I woke this morning...sunny. meaning no rain. :(
    Found a new bread..'Promise' I saw it at Costco, Roger. Gluten free, low fat, high fiber, dairy free, wheat free and nut free. Must be new, they were giving samples with butter! So, I asked for a plain piece. Woman looked at me like I was nuts... but I'm pretty used to that by now. :). It tasted good. It does have a very small bit of dried egg white in it...but its so far down the list I'm ignoring it. Oh, and its made in Ireland!!! (be still my Irish heart! :) )

I originally went to pick up my 2 prescriptions...they only had one....yet the Dr. office had called to say they'd faxed over my correct BP script. Well, either no they didn't, or it got eaten in fax heaven. So, they, Costco are calling my doc's office...meanwhile they gave me 3 of the tablets I need, as I had taken the last I had yesterday morning. So, I'm good thru Saturday. If its not straightened out by tomorrow morning, I'm going myself again to the Doc.s office and ask for a written prescription that I can then drive the mile to Costco and personally hand to the pharmacy. I have very few patience genes left, and they're treading mighty close to extinction!

Ed....its almost there! Just one more sleep!! Won't it be nice to not get up at 3:30 a.m.!?!
    Poor Lilo...she'll have not only a new schedule to remember, but we're soon to 'fall back' to standard time....2nd issue that will mess with her internal clock! Might be time to double up with her loves or treats!

Roger, sorry about the end of your walk being wet, but you were well prepared. About the green tomatoes...my neighbor used to come over and pick my green tomatoes the day before first bad frost...and she wrapped them individually in a sheet of news paper, and put them in a cardboard box...and they'd ripen, to be eaten Thanksgiving! Storing them in a cool place was key to the success of that project. Just a thought. Have no idea about cherry tomatoes once they're picked. but next year, you can pull the plant out of the ground...yep, the whole thing, hang upside down in the garage where it will be cool, but not freezing...and you can pick them as they ripen. Works, I've done that before. (looks a bit odd, and cuz they're upside down, the little toms. hang down to picking level)

Ok, list is a bit longer today, and Gymnastics tonite.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Interesting, It sounds like a Bread free Bread, Now if I were much of a bread eater :)
    I wonder what the fat, Carb and Calorie count is.

I know how frustrating that must be dealing with the Pharmacy and the Doctors office :(
    Good Luck with that, You may need it.

I survived since I did not get too wet, I decided not to open the umbrella and just get on home yesterday.

As for the Cherry Tomatoes, I am semi hopeful as some of them are showing a little color. I suspect that just as happened last year many will just stay green and eventually rot. No Garage here, Coolest area would be the laundry room.

Enjoy the Gymnastics
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy again y'all. ONE DAY TO GO! And I'll have the new manager in there for 6 of the 8 hours. Should be a piece of cake! And I wouldn't be surprised to find a cake waiting in the break room at the end of the day, though no one has said anything about any sort of retirement party for me. We'll see. Frankly, I'd rather just quietly slip out the door...

Tonight’s meatless Monday…er, Thursday dinner was vegetarian Frito Nachos with refried pinto beans, hot habanero salsa, Kroger Fiesta shredded cheese blend, and home made FACE MELTING SPICY HOT home made guacamole. Oh, it was good! I've finally stopped sweating and my sinuses have calmed down.

Wine of choice: Elun Carménère, 2014, Chile. This was an excellent pairing with the food.

Hi Ed
    I suspect that You will get this tomorrow :)
    I hope the day want as expected.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

Have a Great Thursday
    Roge

Green Tomato Ketchup. It's a delicious relish! You could give it a try.
    If I had much use for a Ketchup I might try that. As is a Bottle of HFCS Free, Non GMO Ketchup lasts for months....
    I've been de-activating the daily (Monday through Friday) 3:00 a.m. alarm for each week day in my phone as we go this week, but tomorrow I can DELETE THAT ALARM entirely!

Woo hoo!
    I was happy when I could turn off the Alarm clock after work closed. This year I have been using it for the Summer months to be sure I get out before the heat of the day and as a warning that it is time to get going for Dinner.
    Howdy y'all. It's FANTASTIC, FABULOUS FRIDAY!

My alarm didn't go off this morning, but that's because I woke up about 5 minutes before it would have, and deleted the alarm.

Lilo has been fed. I've been fed. Off to the Kroger rat mine salt races for the last time!
    I am still waking up early at the time I was getting up to go walking all summer. I hope You adjust better than I.

Have a good Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey Good Morning Guys!
    Ed, I'll bet you are walking on air! Retiring is a really awesome feeling! You're going to miss getting your Managers Specials meats, etc, and your employee discount on purchases!

Roger, I used two of the slices yesterday for a PB&J sandwich. The bread's much better than most of the 'non gluten' I've bought...but if you like 'real' bread mmmm maybe not.
    But...2 slices are one serving and 126 calories, total fat 1.6g, 0 cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 173mg potassium, 29g carbs, 9g fiber, 0.4g. sugar, and 3.4g protein. Its Non GMO, and certified by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.

I just called the Costco Pharm. and my script is filled and waiting for pickup! I think that alone has lowered my BP this morning! :)

So....I'm off to Costco and to get my day going.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

I will still get the employee specials because my mother in law works for Kroger and I can use her number.

My sister in law uses the fuel points, which is fine with me. They won't be wasted.

Of course now my macbook won't boot after the latest round of updates...won't boot AT ALL, not even enough to reset the PRAM...but we'll see. Maybe take it apart this evening and make sure it's all dusted out and such. May require a trip to the Apple Store.

Nap time!

• GardenKatGardens
    Yea! Ed's Done!!! (passed go...doubt he got $200 though!! )
    Looks like you've got everything all covered except your MacBook! What's with that, do you suppose?
    I need to go look for updates...its been awhile, or maybe they're doing it automatically. I recall something about that... :)
    Enjoy your nap. I may crawl into my own nesting place and sound a few z's myself. (because I FINALLY got the right prescription for my BP!
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hey Good Morning Guys!
    Ed, I'll bet you are walking on air! Retiring is a really awesome feeling! You're going to miss getting your Managers Specials meats, etc, and your employee discount on purchases!

Roger, I used two of the slices yesterday for a PB&J sandwich. The bread's much better than most of the 'non gluten' I've bought...but if you like 'real' bread mmmm maybe not.
    But...2 slices are one serving and 126 calories, total fat 1.6g, 0 cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 173mg potassium, 29g carbs, 9g fiber, 0.4g. sugar, and 3.4g protein. Its Non GMO, and certified by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.

I just called the Costco Pharm. and my script is filled and waiting for pickup! I think that alone has lowered my BP this morning! :)

So....I'm off to Costco and to get my day going.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If I said I occasionally use the 40 calorie a slice Multigrain bread my brother buys...
    More often I use the 60 calorie per wrap wraps. Currently I am using a Sundried Tomato Basil flavor package. Next up will be a Honey Wheat flavor...

I Can't remember the last time I had PB&J, hmmm.... Can I stand the extra?

I was looking at the Bottle of Heinz Ketchup and it is HFCS Free and Non GMO. They seem to be popping up all over on labels.

Congratulations on having Your Scrip ready :)
    Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

I will still get the employee specials because my mother in law works for Kroger and I can use her number.

My sister in law uses the fuel points, which is fine with me. They won't be wasted.

Of course now my macbook won't boot after the latest round of updates...won't boot AT ALL, not even enough to reset the PRAM...but we'll see. Maybe take it apart this evening and make sure it's all dusted out and such. May require a trip to the Apple Store.

Nap time!
    Hi Ed
    That is good news, OTOH not being there every day will mean You likely miss some clearance items. My brother likes to look for the Manager Specials at the ShopRite when he is there.

Wonderful Updates. I Suppose You tried pulling the power and is possible the battery and then pressing the Power Button to discharge everything. That has been know to work on laptops.

OTOH if nothing is displaying on the screen that does not sound like a Software problem. You should at least see a P.O.S.T. running before it starts to load the OS.

BTW have You opened it up before? I have no experience with Apple Computers, When They put a used model on display to sell I had to go online to even find out where they hid the power button :)
    OTOH I did service Windows Laptops all the time as warranty service, replacing things like Motherboards etc. So I know they usually have delicate connectors.

Good Luck, It may be time for that trip to the Apple Store.
    Roger
    Yea! Ed's Done!!! (passed go...doubt he got $200 though!! )
    Looks like you've got everything all covered except your MacBook! What's with that, do you suppose?
    I need to go look for updates...its been awhile, or maybe they're doing it automatically. I recall something about that... :)
    Enjoy your nap. I may crawl into my own nesting place and sound a few z's myself. (because I FINALLY got the right prescription for my BP!
    Later...

Hi Again
    From what I gather Kroger's giving out money is not a likely scenario.

Microsoft has been doing background updates by default for many years unless You set a policy to prevent them which is most likely in a business environment strangely enough.

Have a Good Upcoming Weekend
    Roger