Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It is 60 degrees this morning, a strange change from yesterdays temperature since today is forecast to be warmer. I went walking today for 9,392 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday however I think I overdid it slightly as I was moving slow towards the end of the walk :)

Forecast today for the in the 80s. Warmer thru Wednesday

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Too many thoughts, too little time. I have eaten, as has Tom E. but, not even dressed yet.
    Our weather is pretty much the same...the low I saw here was a bit cooler, and we'll be seeing mid 80's, no rain.
    The GMO issue will have to go back burner...it IS an issue, if not to what it does to humans, or to animals, then what it does to the (earth) ie fields its sprayed on. That is HUGE. Also, never mind...I need to get day going.
    Garmin is a GPS, a keeper of exercise data, a pedometer, records my heart rate as in current and avg. its a sleep watcher...as in deep sleep, light sleep, got up to pee sleepwalking, ha! and it can count laps in the pool, and more, and more and more... yep its water proof...goes with you in the shower, don't think I'd wear it in the ocean, simply because of the two little metal nodes that are part of the recharging system. (about every 4 days Ted said)...

I worsened the inflammation in my knee joints, and it made for a very long recovery. Sorta like if you banged your shin on the coffee table..do it once and it heals rather nicely...but do it several times each day and you get a different recovery. Well, I banged the heck out of my poor knees over a long time...and stubbornly kept doing it because I 'needed the exercise'...blah, blah, blah, and the recovery has been much longer than the repetitive injury.
    Just sayin'.... If your walking is pain free then great...if its causing you pain, or need for Nsaids, or keeping you awake at night... you alone can decide this. Contrary to the popular saying 'I feel your pain'...no, I don't! only you feel your pain! LOL!!

Ok, I really have a list of stuff to do..like gas the car, go to the bank, trip to Walmart for cat food, I really hate running errands.....putting this off all morning. Time for action!

Loved the first 3 cartoons best....ps, the beer was not for the kids, but for the mommies! :), only I'd hope they had a little better taste in brew, or tried wine. Just my fun opinion..

Later...mañana!
    Hi Valerie
    That sounds like a good idea even if they are Stainless Steel, It is not impervious to being affected by things.

What is happening with the Knee is: When I get up in the middle of the night or in the morning currently it hurts like the dickens for about a minute then the pain subsides and it does not really bother me when walking.

I like the Cartoons too, just a little pricey for nestle water :) How about them clueless people I posted? So many crooks seem to be, I'll be nice and just say, Not to smart :)
    Good Morning!
    Summer has returned, no trying to it! Should tie a record for today, and though I won't be here to see it, break the record heat record for the date tomorrow.
    News said this morning that the water supply (from a small river) has receded to the point that they're putting porta potties at the school, and bringing in bottled water. What I didn't catch is whether its in Haralson county, or the town of Haralson. Bad, which ever it is.

Lots to do this morning...but, coffee first! :)

Later...

Hi Again
    We had some records temperatures broken in this metro NY area too, That being parts of NJ, NY and Conn.
    I also saw where a town out in the West hit 101 degrees yesterday, talk about warm for October.

Seeing that in the news would be worrisome to me too. Fortunately it is not that bad, yet. OTOH if we don't start getting rain and have a dry winter....

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Day two of the final ten. They selected a replacement who already works out in the fuel center so training can be minimized, which is good. There is still a lot to impart but I don't have to train him in general fuel center operations as well, and he's already had all the fuel safety training.

I guess he'll be coming in for the manager training a couple of days next week.

High for today creeping upward again. I think Summer is trying to make a comeback, as it's supposed to be even higher tomorrow.

86 predicted for today. 0% chance of rain again.
    Hi Ed
    That sounds like it will make things easier for You.
    We are having a mini heatwave here too with record breaking temperatures in the forecast through tomorrow.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    nDTY61.gif

DGjYCq.jpg

x13Fge.jpg

qUErxo.jpg

LvHsCG.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    More good ones Roger!
    I think I'm as ready as I can get tonite. Only have to add the hair dryer to my suitcase tomorrow, and a couple little packets of salad dressing to put in the 'kitchen/food' box.
    My Condo company on Hilton Head Island posted before and now pix from the properties in Hilton Head, the ones in Shipyard, and the property in FLA. Oh My...they've all been busy!
    HHI is mostly all open, and Fla will open Friday.
    Time to feed my buddy Tom E.
    Oh, had to laugh...I have what I suspect is a second generation of some spider who lives in the kitchen window among the orchids...I found a nearly dead moth this afternoon and tossed it into 'Mike's' web....when I got home from the store, he'd come out and carted it off. Guess he had a surprise windfall! :)
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,233 Member
    edited October 2016
    Tonight's dinner. Roasted chicken, cornbread dressing, lightly buttered, steamed broccoli. Wine of choice: Magnifico Cuvée Bianco.

My chicken roasted up beautifully. Gotta love vacuum packed foods. It had been in the deep freeze since April 2015! Not a trace of freezer burn though.

Laundry done, most of the dishes washed, getting J's dinner plated now.

G'nite all!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    'good nite Ed' Saw the pix of your dinner...looked terrific. :)
    I'm heading for my pillow now...will play a Scrabble word, and a Suduko and by then the iPad will probably hit me in the face, cuz I've fallen asleep. That darned thing can hurt!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! High predicted of 87 with 10% chance of rain.

Off to the salt races!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It is 69 degrees this morning, a change from yesterdays temperature to the warmer. I went walking today for 9,883 steps + 1 Cents. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday however I may have overdid it slightly as I was moving slow towards the end of the walk :)

Forecast today for the in the 85 degrees. Thursday should be much cooler overnight and for the days high temperature. I stopped and Picked up 2 Honey Crisp Apples and a Banana to fill out my inventory of fruit to take me to Sunday. I hope to get out to CostCo Friday or Saturday for Kleenex and Frozen Vegetables.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Here are the Theme songs form a couple of British Comedies that ran for years that I enjoy watching.
    Last of the Summer Wine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhA5CbxuRI&list=RDaHtBUeXoyv4&index=4
    Dad's Army
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvr6X054xLY&index=6&list=RDaHtBUeXoyv4
  • RogerToo
    More good ones Roger!
    I think I'm as ready as I can get tonite. Only have to add the hair dryer to my suitcase tomorrow, and a couple little packets of salad dressing to put in the 'kitchen/food' box.
    My Condo company on Hilton Head Island posted before and now pix from the properties in Hilton Head, the ones in Shipyard, and the property in FLA. Oh My...they've all been busy!
    HHI is mostly all open, and Fla will open Friday.
    Time to feed my buddy Tom E.
    Oh, had to laugh...I have what I suspect is a second generation of some spider who lives in the kitchen window among the orchids...I found a nearly dead moth this afternoon and tossed it into 'Mike's' web....when I got home from the store, he'd come out and carted it off. Guess he had a surprise windfall! :)
    Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I'm glad You enjoyed them, I did too.
    So You fed the Spider before the cat?
    'good nite Ed' Saw the pix of your dinner...looked terrific. :)
    I'm heading for my pillow now...will play a Scrabble word, and a Suduko and by then the iPad will probably hit me in the face, cuz I've fallen asleep. That darned thing can hurt!!!

Later...

As long it doesn't cause a bruise or crack the screen :)

Have a Good Vacation
    Roger

P.S. I am adding a couple of links to my previous post You might find interesting?
  • RogerToo
    Tonight's dinner. Roasted chicken, cornbread dressing, lightly buttered, steamed broccoli. Wine of choice: Magnifico Cuvée Bianco.

My chicken roasted up beautifully. Gotta love vacuum packed foods. It had been in the deep freeze since April 2015! Not a trace of freezer burn though.

Laundry done, most of the dishes washed, getting J's dinner plated now.

G'nite all!
    Hi Ed
    That sounds delicious.
    I agree we vacuum pack foods here to using a Food Saver and lower cost pre-made bags from Amazon that work pretty good and are much cheaper too.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! High predicted of 87 with 10% chance of rain.
    Have a Enjoyable day, chance of light rain tomorrow and a better chance on Friday

I bet You are counting down the days. I know I did when I got the word the location I was working in was closing.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It is 65 degrees this morning and cloudy. I went walking today for 8,632 steps and One Shiny Penny that was just sitting there calling my name :)
    Forecast today if for the weather to turn cooler and stay colder In through next week.

I broke down and ordered a Kindle when it was on sale for $50. It came and I set it up yesterday and added a bunch of free titles, including the First Harry Potter Book.
    I had some trouble with it not turning on and had to do the full reset to get to the setting it up screen. Then it was fine all day. This morning once again I would hit the power button and the green light would flash on and off and it did not power on again. Holding the power button until the green light flashed and then releasing it brought up a screen with the options of reset, cancel etc. And it was OK again.
    I will be on the email to support later on as it appears that it is defective. I am sure this is not normal operation for a new device :(

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    AgQzPf.png
    A very Well decorated cake :)

f9nuQV.jpg

4BZSnh.png

WGTGLv.jpg
    Truth for some :(
    SdmJvL.png
    Ambiguous or a Trick question - you decide.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

High of only 66 predicted for today with 20% chance of rain. We might actually get some, but I'm not holding my breath.

Off to the rat mines!

• parityanimal
    I swear I posted yesterday, but I sure don't see my post now...oh well.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It is 68 degrees this morning and very cloudy, Warmer than yesterday, hmmm... I went walking today for 8701 steps.
    Forecast today is for rain to move in later on.

MFP seems to be having some problems this morning too.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Our weather forecast predicts rain moving in later in the day and into tomorrow. Originally it was supposed to arrive earlier, however a Tropical storm off of the coast has slowed it down, so CostCo today rather than tomorrow.

Hopefully these posts survive as I can tell that MFP is having problems today. I hit post and get an error and eventually it goes through.

I bet they had problems that ate Your post.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Lunch today was the last plate meal from the roasted chicken. The remains of the carcass are in a crock pot now, with some water, as the beginning of a pot of soup. I left a good bit of chicken on it, so I should get some nice soup out of this. The remaining gravy will be added to the soup too.

• parityanimal
    Lilo and I had a nice nap, then got distracted by the internet. Dinner is running a bit late. I have some seasoned potatoes, onions, and turnips roasting in the oven now, and am pondering a sauté of Maitake mushrooms, bell pepper, and broccoli for a side. May top the roasted veggies with some cheese. We'll see. I'm not sure I think they'll need that at all, but a little bit for a gratin can be nice.

• parityanimal
    Mistaken. It was *kitten* Shiitake mushrooms. ;)