Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    This is to keep Roger giggling..
    Its a windy 62 degrees out there. Sure hope Ed had a jacket handy this morning!!!
    Yes, Roger, I can hear you laughing...."poor little southern girl'...LOL__LOL!!!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning a change to the cooler from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 8,800 steps + 1 Cent found less than 1 block from home as I was returning from the walking ::

I looked at my email and I see a tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning.
    I am going with Shelf Stable from the weight. It also shows FEDEX SMARTPOST MARTINSBURG, WV so I am not sure what I was looking at Yesterday.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! High of 81 predicted for today with 0% chance of rain again.
    Hi Ed
    I will be honest, that sounds like a great weather forecast, I find that I feel the cold more and can tolerate the heat better with all that weight gone and I suspect so does my Brother as it appears that he used the AC less this year than last year now that he has lost some weight too. There is also a possibility that my heat tolerance is also age related?

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    Enjoy Your day
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    I'm not Ed, but in my opinion, heat/cold tolerance does change with age AND weight loss.

Today...in Ga...
    Gym, Kroger for corn, (it still looked good, and I meant to pick up a 5pack to grill, and forgot)..then Costco for a pound box of 'Olivia Organic Spinach, then Publix...for Mushrooms, lottery ticket for Friday Mega Millions, and Romaine lettuce.
    Home, late lunch, and get ready to drive to O's Gymnastics class.
    Home, trash to curb, feed Tom E. and eat my bowl of cereal. (I'm sure it won't be long before cold cereal gives way to my yum Oatmeal!!! )

So, busy today...and tomorrow, with Chiro appt, followed by Hair Appointment.
    Saturday...will be hockey in Sandy Springs...And Gym...
    I'm going to be so happy to see Sunday!!! :)

I'm sure I probably followed up yesterday, but on my computer this has begun a new 'page', and if I go back to look, I lose my post. eek!
    Still on BP meds...she thinks forever..told me to stop 'fretting about it' (she couched her words very nicely). We'll see about that. Just strengthens my resolve to NOT eat fats or salt. Those are the two primary motivators of BP issues. And IF I believe in all the research, and advice of Dr. John McDougall, and Dr. Essy, etal, I CAN still fix my blood vessels, by removing built up crud, and WILL be able to ditch the BP pills.
    Wish me luck. It could be a long haul...like a year or two, but it would be worth it to me.

Roger, that's funny about the delivery for NS foods being different today than yesterday!
    I'm trying to track an order from Kusmi Tea, ..pricy tea there that Ted especially likes, so its part of his "don't get me anything' birthday 10-25th. Also planning to take him to a nice brunch-ish meal at Sunflower Cafe. Not exactly sure if that is for him, or for me, as I loved it there...AND I did play a major part of his birth!!! :) So, birthday dinner for us! :)

Later guys! Lots to do in the next 6ish hours.

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,233 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Based on last night's forecast for today, which is still up, 80 degrees for the high today with 20% chance of rain, starting at 0% then mostly 5% but tapering up and peaking at 20% at noon and 1:00 this afternoon and then tapering back down to 0%.

Was up about 15 minutes early today with good old Charley...but it's mostly gone away now. Off to the salt races after breakfast!
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning a change to the cooler from yesterdaystemperature. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 8,831 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11K steps.

I looked at my email and I see a tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning, that is the good and since it shows tracking for two deliveries That would seem to be the Shelf Stable and Frozen shipping on different dates.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I'm not Ed, but in my opinion, heat/cold tolerance does change with age AND weight loss.

Today...in Ga...
    Gym, Kroger for corn, (it still looked good, and I meant to pick up a 5pack to grill, and forgot)..then Costco for a pound box of 'Olivia Organic Spinach, then Publix...for Mushrooms, lottery ticket for Friday Mega Millions, and Romaine lettuce.
    Home, late lunch, and get ready to drive to O's Gymnastics class.
    Home, trash to curb, feed Tom E. and eat my bowl of cereal. (I'm sure it won't be long before cold cereal gives way to my yum Oatmeal!!! )

So, busy today...and tomorrow, with Chiro appt, followed by Hair Appointment.
    Saturday...will be hockey in Sandy Springs...And Gym...
    I'm going to be so happy to see Sunday!!! :)

I'm sure I probably followed up yesterday, but on my computer this has begun a new 'page', and if I go back to look, I lose my post. eek!
    Still on BP meds...she thinks forever..told me to stop 'fretting about it' (she couched her words very nicely). We'll see about that. Just strengthens my resolve to NOT eat fats or salt. Those are the two primary motivators of BP issues. And IF I believe in all the research, and advice of Dr. John McDougall, and Dr. Essy, etal, I CAN still fix my blood vessels, by removing built up crud, and WILL be able to ditch the BP pills.
    Wish me luck. It could be a long haul...like a year or two, but it would be worth it to me.

Roger, that's funny about the delivery for NS foods being different today than yesterday!
    I'm trying to track an order from Kusmi Tea, ..pricy tea there that Ted especially likes, so its part of his "don't get me anything' birthday 10-25th. Also planning to take him to a nice brunch-ish meal at Sunflower Cafe. Not exactly sure if that is for him, or for me, as I loved it there...AND I did play a major part of his birth!!! :) So, birthday dinner for us! :)

Later guys! Lots to do in the next 6ish hours.
    Hi Valerie
    I'm not sure what Browser You use for the forum but in the Windows world with FireFox and Internet Explorer and Micrtosofts replacement browser in Windows 10 I can click on the page link and select "Open in New Tab" and have the current page with my post open and switch to the other page to review.

I am sure that weight change affects it and I suspect Age also :)

I hope Your Shopping was successful and You enjoyed the Gymnastics class.

The only thing I can think of is that NS set up a shipment and got a tracking number and then decided to fulfill from a different location and used the same tracking number and TBH I am not sure if that would work.

Enjoy the Chiro appt and the Hair Appointment
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    It DID rain here! And is still raining, lightly. Just the kind of rain we need, and very welcome, though unexpected. I know Matthew is wreaking havoc elsewhere but I'm pretty sure we have that hurricane to thank for this much needed rain.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Only sprinkles at my house, but welcomed ones none the less. Will help the moss, IF, it was able to get under the tree line. Like my driveway never really got wet under the trees, etc.

Waiting to see what damage is going to happen to St. Simons...where I am supposed to be, in 11 days....in a beach front condo, looking over the ocean.....I'm having my doubts.
    My heart goes out to all those people who are flooded, and no electricity. I am seeing lots of license plates from SC...and that 's a good thing...I can't imagine staying in place during this storm.

Day went well, tomorrow its Hockey! (Sunday is MY day!) :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! About the usual in the weather prediction. Regional orchid judging today so J and I will have to pack up the photography equipment and head in to town. Not a good day for it as too much stuff is going on in the nearby park.

I've been up since a bit before 4:00 but distracted by feeding Lilo, breakfast, and internet.
  • RogerToo
    pK4tko.gif
    Kitty Fail

SPzZDE.gif

mJppyM.gif

gD7xRp.jpg

i7UlGp.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning no change from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking and I walked 9,455 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11.5K steps.

Yesterday I received my Frozen Delivery and according to the tracking number I should receive the Shelf stable portion of my order today via the USPS. It seems that FedEx has handed it off to the Post Office. I suspect that is due to it being under 8 pounds as that is a first for my regular NS food Deliveries. I say regular food as I have had Missing items come that way in the past.

FWIW I also updated my Weight in the tracking here as it has been down for several days a little lower than what I reported. I prefer to see a several day weight before posting it.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    LOL!! Got up about the same time...same distractions, except I'm eating my breakfast as I type!
    Hockey late morning today. So a little family time. Ted who lives in Midtown, about 2 blocks off of the park is home bound this weekend because of the parking when there are big events in the park. He does bike around to get groceries, or do laundry, etc. Meaning he can leave....but he will not have a parking spot for his car when he returns. :(

Hope the photography goes smoothly... and that you don't have to carry the equipment very far. (I'm guessing its heavy!)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    It DID rain here! And is still raining, lightly. Just the kind of rain we need, and very welcome, though unexpected. I know Matthew is wreaking havoc elsewhere but I'm pretty sure we have that hurricane to thank for this much needed rain.
    Hi Ed
    A light steady rain is the best as that way it can soak in and not run off. Good that You got what is needed.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! About the usual in the weather prediction. Regional orchid judging today so J and I will have to pack up the photography equipment and head in to town. Not a good day for it as too much stuff is going on in the nearby park.

I've been up since a bit before 4:00 but distracted by feeding Lilo, breakfast, and internet.
    I hope You have a great day today at the orchid judging.

Enjoy You day
    Roger
    Only sprinkles at my house, but welcomed ones none the less. Will help the moss, IF, it was able to get under the tree line. Like my driveway never really got wet under the trees, etc.

Waiting to see what damage is going to happen to St. Simons...where I am supposed to be, in 11 days....in a beach front condo, looking over the ocean.....I'm having my doubts.
    My heart goes out to all those people who are flooded, and no electricity. I am seeing lots of license plates from SC...and that 's a good thing...I can't imagine staying in place during this storm.

Day went well, tomorrow its Hockey! (Sunday is MY day!) :)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Whatever happens in the US can not be as a bad as the images fro Haiti, They got ruined.

You will at least have time to find out before You go. The last figures I saw yesterday were a million without power in Florida and north of their. I expect that count will go higher too.

We get rains like that where the street under the trees stays dry to, Just enough to be a nuisance and not enough to be helpful.
    LOL!! Got up about the same time...same distractions, except I'm eating my breakfast as I type!
    Hockey late morning today. So a little family time. Ted who lives in Midtown, about 2 blocks off of the park is home bound this weekend because of the parking when there are big events in the park. He does bike around to get groceries, or do laundry, etc. Meaning he can leave....but he will not have a parking spot for his car when he returns. :(

Hope the photography goes smoothly... and that you don't have to carry the equipment very far. (I'm guessing its heavy!)

Later...

At least Ted can get around for things so it could be worse.

Have a Great Day & I hope You enjoyed the Hockey
    Roger

P.S. I wonder if You saw the images as I may have posted them while You doing You post :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    I checked for your post after I posted....it was not there. You've explained once before how you manage to do that!! (course I forgot what you did, but...)
    Loved the check engine...my little Fiat's engine ran the width of the car, not the length, and I had grown adult men tell me my engine was in wrong! No, I am not kidding.

I double checked my rain gauge, and nope, no measurable rain for Valerie. Nuisance rain as Roger rightly called it. Ok, time to leave for Sandy Springs/Roswell area. Checked Ga Navigator, and didn't see any slow traffic. So, should arrive way early. (better than way late)!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    I checked for your post after I posted....it was not there. You've explained once before how you manage to do that!! (course I forgot what you did, but...)
    Loved the check engine...my little Fiat's engine ran the width of the car, not the length, and I had grown adult men tell me my engine was in wrong! No, I am not kidding.

I double checked my rain gauge, and nope, no measurable rain for Valerie. Nuisance rain as Roger rightly called it. Ok, time to leave for Sandy Springs/Roswell area. Checked Ga Navigator, and didn't see any slow traffic. So, should arrive way early. (better than way late)!!!

Later...
    I Right click on Previous pages number and select open in New Tab.

It was not only the Fiat where the engine ran from side to side, I saw that in some English cars too :)
    I am guessing that Ga Navigator is either a website or a SmartPhone App?

I agree better early than late and better late than never.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    I didn't know there were other cars with the engine 'going the wrong way', as the guy so patiently told me! LOL!!
    Sorry...GA Navigator is a web site that shows all the major road ways and how fast/slow the traffic is moving, where there are accidents, road construction, etc. It also has all the camera's so you can click on the camera icon on whatever part of the road map you'd like to get a real time visual on, and it shows traffic moving/or not moving. I have it on my laptop, but it also has an app...I've just never put it on my phone.

Just checked in with the hockey family, and Jack and Nate will be at the rink...so chances are pretty good that Grammie will be making a return trip tomorrow. :) Its nuts that I do that, but .... that's what Grams do, either that or I could blame it on senility! :)

fb posts, Hilton Head Island S. Carolina is closed. no access onto the island, and if you leave you can't come back....lots of downed trees, spotty wireless, lots of electric outages...but the causeway connecting to the mainland survived...so that's a good thing. Glad I won't have to be on island until mid March. Not heard a word about St. Simons though, and I'm scheduled to be there in about 12 days!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Been up for a couple of hours, but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me (pork chop, small olive bread stick, cantaloupe) and internet, of course! I need to order a new external backup drive as my current one has failed. These external drives don't seem to last too long.

The photography wasn't bad yesterday, we had to shoot four award winners. Most of the equipment is moved on a collapsible hand truck. It's the setting up and tearing down of the "studio" that is time consuming and tedious, but we've done it so often that we are pretty efficient at it. Yesterday a friend who happened to be there tried to help with the set up but really she hindered more than she helped...

Laundry and indoor watering to do today.

High of 82 expected with 0% chance of rain.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    it was 56 degrees on my porch today....

Yep, will be going back to Sandy Springs, and watching Nate play hockey, and Jack will be the solo coach, as the other coach couldn't make it today. Could get interesting.

Time to feed Tom E. and then I'm heading for the shower...will have morning meal after.
    Don't need to leave the house til about 10:15.

Enjoy your day....

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 64 Degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking despite the light rain. I have walked 7,707 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11K steps.

I expect to have a decent step count today as my brother & I are going to a Historical event later on today. The details are:
    Weekend Journey at the Van Horne House 2016
    FREE*****October 8 from 10-5pm and October 9th from 12-5pm*****FREE

Each year The Heritage Trail Association (HTA) along with the Middlebrook Theatrical Society (MTS) fills the house with an event that took place in the house during the revolutionary war.

This year we are celebrating the wedding of Mary Van Horne to Colonel Stephen Moylan of the Moylan Dragoons. Col. Moylan also served as Aide-de-Camp to General Washington, (who may visit over the weekend).

Guided tours with groups of 8 or 10 and lasting 1 hour and 15 minutes will have you participating in the following activities:
    Learn about relationships and wooing in the 18th century
    Dance the popular dance, ‘Come Haste to the Wedding’ with live music –we will teach you! THE place to practice your wooing skills just learned!
    Learn about wedding rites and rituals from our magistrate, John Jacob Faisch
    The Reception of course, with punch from an 18th century recipe, cookies and be prepared to ‘Toast the happy couple’ (this house is not known as Convivial Hill for nothing!)

Horse races to celebrate the happy couple will occur with prizes to the winners As always, we have lots to do and treats for the kids. Come dressed in period clothes, or modern day duds, but DO NOT miss this party, one of a great many thrown by Phillip Van Horne and his wife, Elizabeth as they celebrate the marriage of their eldest daughter to an Irish officer of the Revolution.
    And yes, this actually did occur in this house September 12th, 1778!

Yesterday I received the Shelf stable AKA Ready to Go portion of my order via USPS. FedEx handed it off to the Post Office. I suspect that is due to it being under 8 pounds as that is a first for my regular NS food Deliveries. I say regular food as I have had Missing items come that way in the past.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger