Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 62 Degrees this morning a small change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 8626 steps so far and 1 Cent that was laying there a few blocks from home on the homeward leg. I took a folding umbrella along as there a chance of spotty showers according to the weather forecast. The day is dreary looking once again :(

I looked at my email and I still see no tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Update:

The pot roast is going, and I did add the quartered onion, so I will have some big chunks of tender braised onion as part of it. :)

The succotash is making the kitchen smell tasty already. Plants are watered. Laundry still lurking, but I'm waiting for J to get up so I can make sure everything is in the laundry.
    Hi Ed
    Pot Roast with Cooked in the Juices Onion, Yummy :)
    I started cooking when I was 10 years old. I am one of ten children, so I was ALWAYS hungry, but, to be fair, I was also growing like a weed, though there weren't even 10 of us yet at that time.

I started off with simple stuff like eggs, hamburgers, that sort of thing, then corn meal dredged fried fish, then got heavily into baking for a long time, specializing in dessert cakes. After moving out and growing up some (yes, in that order...) I expanded to baking bread, and learned to make VERY GOOD bread, and continued with the desserts, having, by that time, created some really nice cake recipes bases on other recipes found. I had a piña colada rum cake that could get you drunk, a pistachio pudding pound cake that was to die for (or maybe from?) and an orange pineapple delight that could make you fat just thinking of it.

After doing cakes and breads I segued into REAL FOOD. OK, I could already do hamburgers, fish, mashed potatoes...fairly simple food, but started learning steak, roast beef, whole turkey, lasagna, spaghetti sauce, macaroni and cheese, fried rice and then just kept going. I'd try things in restaurants and then attempt duplication (or improvement) at home. Eventually I got to where I didn't really need measuring any more (except for baking, of course) and when I STOP wanting to learn new cooking ideas, dig my grave please.

:)
    My sister used to make a Pistachio Cake, I do would not call it a Pound Cake however as it was baked in the same round pan as a Angel Food Cake would be baked in. It was delicious too, I am also sure it was fattening as all get out and a fair amount of work to make.

My Brother is a decent baker with one thing that never seems to come out right however. That would be home made bread.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Leftover pot roast for breakfast.

High today supposed to be 84 with 0% chance of rain.
    That sounds like a nice and tasty, easy breakfast too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I read the link on squash borers. Those nasty little devils are mostly impossible. Roger, make sure you and your brother read the part about the pests wintering over in the soil. The moth is bad enough, but that just makes it nearly impossible. Squash was this summer cheap enough that I was glad I wasn't putting up row cover, etc. (See I didn't know they pupated in the soil over winter...so no wonder my row cover didn't do much good!)

Not sure what prompted Ed to take a liking to cooking, that's his story....mine goes like this...I had 2 kids and a hub to feed, so meals were planned, and cooked by me. It became a creative outlet, and I was always searching for a new twist on fav. foods, etc. Still do look for different veggies, or different prep methods, etc.

I'm contemplating a gym run today....we'll see. I just finished lunch, so again a bit of kitchen clean-up to do. Not, very much though!
    Its sunny and bright outside, I may have to go out and warm up!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Supposedly if You notice them in time You can make a slit in the vine where they are and kill them before they kill the plant if I am remembering right. The Problem is that by the time You know they are there the plant is wilted and in trouble. I think You can also bury parts of the stem to root beyond where they are.

My Cooking was always limited, Limited to easy quick foods, hence my liking for Fast Foods and Diner Foods, They are even easier, Bring home and eat. That of course is also why I ended up here :)
    Fast and easy and fast foods or the oversized meals that diners serve are not low calorie.

Enjoy Your Monday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Ed that is quite the story! I never did much cooking while at home. Somehow I was always out helping Dad (being oldest by 3.5 years) or sports, band, etc. I did excel in popping popped corn, and old fashioned fudge from the cocoa box of the 50's. (Dad loved his popped corn, and mother had a sweet tooth and was thrilled when I became old enough to be trusted with making it for her!).... I did find a lentil soup recipe one time that sounded interesting to me, and how Mom found lentils in our little town of 1000 folks and one grocery store, I'll never know, but I make a killer lentil soup! And I baked bread and sweet rolls, (think cinnamon sticky buns), ONCE, I ventured into a vegetable...and it was a disaster that I still shudder to think about! A friend of mine, and her Dad that worked with my Dad gardened, and he gifted us with a bag of okra...we'd never seen okra. So, Missy Valerie got out Mom's only cookbook, and found a recipe for boiled okra....and you know where the rest of THAT story went. Never ate the stuff for another 20 years, until one night at the hospital cafeteria they featured fried okra, and the southerners that I worked with said they were delicious...so with fear and trepidation I tried them...They WERE delicious! So, all my cooking skills developed out of necessity. Only problem was, my boys took after their father, and mashed potatoes were mashed potatoes, and you'd better not 'monkey around' with them, etc. I once spent a good bit of time making the richest, creamiest Cream of Broccoli Soup you can imagine, and I served it with dinner, as an appetizer. First question was 'what is this', I suggested they guess...so they guessed for awhile, all the while tasting and eating...when I finally told them it was Cream of Broc. Soup, 3 spoons hit the table and sounds of EWWWW, and gagging were heard. Mind you by then they'd each eaten half of their soup. Same thing happened with quiche at my house. Fixed a lovely cheesey eggy quiche and (by then it was just the boys and me) the 'What is this question was asked'...the minute I said quiche..forks hit the table. By then I was a little 'craftier' )...several months later I made another ham quiche...and What is THIS? was answered with 'Ham PIE. They ate the whole thing. Not even a leftover crumb.
    So, a lot, but not all of my cooking has happened just for me! :) And thats fine by me! :smiley:

Well, that was long!

Cat fed, and water bowl cleaned. The raccoon had been here, as the water was very dirty.
    One load of laundry in the dryer. Going to start another, and then feed me...not sure what. This may be a soup making morning. The potatoes and leek will keep for a few more days, while I peruse a few of the vegan SOS web sites, and find a recipe idea that resonates with me. I need to find a good creamy one that's also dairy free. I've made Leek and potato soups in the old days...with butter, and cream/milk... I'm wondering if I can get the creamy part from some blender smashed white beans? that might satisfy the 'mouth feel' that would be missing. maybe....

I intend to make a gym run today and do laundry. Anything after that will be a spur of the moment thing!

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    Some days I just don't think!
    Made my carrot ginger soup, as that is what I was really wanting...and you know what is used for the 'creamy-ness'? Tofu...the recipe I read said silken, but I used the sprouted tofu that I had, and I have a beautiful orange bowl of gingered carrots, creamy as any whipping cream you could have used!!! SOOOO, problem solved. By about Thursday I'll be making potato leek soup! :)
    Next time I ask a dumb question like maybe white beans would make my soup creamy, just kick me!! LOL!!
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Ed that is quite the story! I never did much cooking while at home. Somehow I was always out helping Dad (being oldest by 3.5 years) or sports, band, etc. I did excel in popping popped corn, and old fashioned fudge from the cocoa box of the 50's. (Dad loved his popped corn, and mother had a sweet tooth and was thrilled when I became old enough to be trusted with making it for her!).... I did find a lentil soup recipe one time that sounded interesting to me, and how Mom found lentils in our little town of 1000 folks and one grocery store, I'll never know, but I make a killer lentil soup! And I baked bread and sweet rolls, (think cinnamon sticky buns), ONCE, I ventured into a vegetable...and it was a disaster that I still shudder to think about! A friend of mine, and her Dad that worked with my Dad gardened, and he gifted us with a bag of okra...we'd never seen okra. So, Missy Valerie got out Mom's only cookbook, and found a recipe for boiled okra....and you know where the rest of THAT story went. Never ate the stuff for another 20 years, until one night at the hospital cafeteria they featured fried okra, and the southerners that I worked with said they were delicious...so with fear and trepidation I tried them...They WERE delicious! So, all my cooking skills developed out of necessity. Only problem was, my boys took after their father, and mashed potatoes were mashed potatoes, and you'd better not 'monkey around' with them, etc. I once spent a good bit of time making the richest, creamiest Cream of Broccoli Soup you can imagine, and I served it with dinner, as an appetizer. First question was 'what is this', I suggested they guess...so they guessed for awhile, all the while tasting and eating...when I finally told them it was Cream of Broc. Soup, 3 spoons hit the table and sounds of EWWWW, and gagging were heard. Mind you by then they'd each eaten half of their soup. Same thing happened with quiche at my house. Fixed a lovely cheesey eggy quiche and (by then it was just the boys and me) the 'What is this question was asked'...the minute I said quiche..forks hit the table. By then I was a little 'craftier' )...several months later I made another ham quiche...and What is THIS? was answered with 'Ham PIE. They ate the whole thing. Not even a leftover crumb.
    So, a lot, but not all of my cooking has happened just for me! :) And thats fine by me! :smiley:

Well, that was long!

Cat fed, and water bowl cleaned. The raccoon had been here, as the water was very dirty.
    One load of laundry in the dryer. Going to start another, and then feed me...not sure what. This may be a soup making morning. The potatoes and leek will keep for a few more days, while I peruse a few of the vegan SOS web sites, and find a recipe idea that resonates with me. I need to find a good creamy one that's also dairy free. I've made Leek and potato soups in the old days...with butter, and cream/milk... I'm wondering if I can get the creamy part from some blender smashed white beans? that might satisfy the 'mouth feel' that would be missing. maybe....

I intend to make a gym run today and do laundry. Anything after that will be a spur of the moment thing!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    What Cooking I learned was in self defense when I would get home from work and since that was around 7:30PM what I learned was fast from the stove to the table foods and Fast Food Picked up on the way home or Chinese Take Out or I would order a Pizza from work to be delivered shortly after I got home. Nothing not healthy there :)

My Brother has decided Okra is Slimy and will never try it now.

BTW remember Jiffy Pop, I was king of popping Jiffy Pop until we got a Microwave and M/W popcorn.

Cream of Broccoli sounds delicious. Ham Pie, What a neat ploy to get them to eat it and technically more or less true, it is pie like.

vegan SOS web sites??
    Some days I just don't think!
    Made my carrot ginger soup, as that is what I was really wanting...and you know what is used for the 'creamy-ness'? Tofu...the recipe I read said silken, but I used the sprouted tofu that I had, and I have a beautiful orange bowl of gingered carrots, creamy as any whipping cream you could have used!!! SOOOO, problem solved. By about Thursday I'll be making potato leek soup! :)
    Next time I ask a dumb question like maybe white beans would make my soup creamy, just kick me!! LOL!!

Tofu for Creaminess, Hmm...

Tofu, something else my Brother will never eat. Along with many other Soy products.

Have a nice Evening
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, there are lots of Dr McDougall u-tubes to watch..Dr. Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, etc.
    I found a pretty nice list by googling SOS vegan. Among many are these that I am familiar with:
    Fork Over Knives
    Happy Herbivore
    Straight Up Food
    Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
    Oh She Glows
    The Engine 2 Diet
    Plant Powered Kitchen
    Plant Strong Vegan....
    There's another, but you wouldn't like it! Its Clean Food/Dirty Girl. Lady has quite a 'mouth' and a language issue. BUT, she does have some good SOS foods. I just made a salad dressing/sauce that is on her web site. "T-Crack Salad Dressing! Its delicious! Also they feature 'big *kitten* salad' pictures of members with these large salads and laughing faces. I am late to this web site, and have NO idea where this is coming from. Its a closed group, but easy to get into.
    For me, personally...sugar make my skin itch..so its a no no! Oil is not at all good for us, not even veg oils, organic oils, olive oils, etc. especially if you have heart issues. and salt, well I'm the one battling high blood pressure, and salt most definitely does raise blood pressure. Right along with caffeine. I have not yet given up my one morning cup of coffee....but I used to drink it all day long, so one cup is a big improvement. :)
    I'm just trying to beat having to take a blood pressure pill each day. They're hard on the rest of your body...like your kidney's, heart, etc. Not my idea of something I want to be a part of.
    It may take awhile to convince Little Doc...but I'm sure gonna try. The one other time I had blood pressure issues was when I weighed over 240 pounds...and as I lost weight my blood pressure improved. I was lucky, as I was at work, and the nurses were always more than eager to take my blood pressure...so when I started having symptoms of it being too low, I had it checked several times a week...and stopped taking my pills. My doc at the time about had spasms, but I showed him the paper work, and he agreed. (this is NOT the way to get off of them.)

Anyhow, I've rambled much longer than I meant to..

Question to you Roger, what does your brother have against tofu?...tofu isolate, and some of the other tofu/edamame processed things I can understand...but Tofu? (my whole big blender full of soup, only had 3 oz. of tofu in it....like not much per bowl. But it made the soup creamy without the bad effects of milk or cream. So, what does he not like about tofu?

Curious...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,233 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! High of 83 predicted for today with 0% chance of rain again.

Off to the rat mines!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It was 66 Degrees this morning a small change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 9982 steps. I took a folding umbrella along as the weather radar this morning showed spotty showers moving in from the east. The day is dreary looking once again and it did mist or drizzle slightly for a few minutes on the outbound and inbound near the house :(

I also picked a few more Raspberries that had turned ripe and delicious :)

I looked at my email and I still see no tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning, I can not decide if that is good or bad as it gives me another day to use more frozen food and make room in the freezer, I overstocked at the Acme when it was on sale.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, there are lots of Dr McDougall u-tubes to watch..Dr. Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, etc.
    I found a pretty nice list by googling SOS vegan. Among many are these that I am familiar with:
    Fork Over Knives
    Happy Herbivore
    Straight Up Food
    Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
    Oh She Glows
    The Engine 2 Diet
    Plant Powered Kitchen
    Plant Strong Vegan....
    There's another, but you wouldn't like it! Its Clean Food/Dirty Girl. Lady has quite a 'mouth' and a language issue. BUT, she does have some good SOS foods. I just made a salad dressing/sauce that is on her web site. "T-Crack Salad Dressing! Its delicious! Also they feature 'big *kitten* salad' pictures of members with these large salads and laughing faces. I am late to this web site, and have NO idea where this is coming from. Its a closed group, but easy to get into.
    For me, personally...sugar make my skin itch..so its a no no! Oil is not at all good for us, not even veg oils, organic oils, olive oils, etc. especially if you have heart issues. and salt, well I'm the one battling high blood pressure, and salt most definitely does raise blood pressure. Right along with caffeine. I have not yet given up my one morning cup of coffee....but I used to drink it all day long, so one cup is a big improvement. :)
    I'm just trying to beat having to take a blood pressure pill each day. They're hard on the rest of your body...like your kidney's, heart, etc. Not my idea of something I want to be a part of.
    It may take awhile to convince Little Doc...but I'm sure gonna try. The one other time I had blood pressure issues was when I weighed over 240 pounds...and as I lost weight my blood pressure improved. I was lucky, as I was at work, and the nurses were always more than eager to take my blood pressure...so when I started having symptoms of it being too low, I had it checked several times a week...and stopped taking my pills. My doc at the time about had spasms, but I showed him the paper work, and he agreed. (this is NOT the way to get off of them.)

Anyhow, I've rambled much longer than I meant to..

Question to you Roger, what does your brother have against tofu?...tofu isolate, and some of the other tofu/edamame processed things I can understand...but Tofu? (my whole big blender full of soup, only had 3 oz. of tofu in it....like not much per bowl. But it made the soup creamy without the bad effects of milk or cream. So, what does he not like about tofu?

Curious...
    Hi Valerie
    I do not blame You for wanting to get of all the medications You can IMO for most of them the trade off in benefits vs possible bad effects they can have on health.

I have no idea what he has against it. I have had it in some Thai food and it was fine having taken on taste from the food it was in. Note: he also will not touch Feta or Blue Cheese and I have had and Liked Feta in salads and Blue Cheese in Salads and Sandwichs where it was fine too. Sometimes I just stop asking, it is easier that way.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! High of 83 predicted for today with 0% chance of rain again.
    Hi Ed

Warmer than I will be today
    Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Looks like another beautiful day here...though we really, really need the rain.
    And from what I saw on local weather this morning, we will be getting nada from hurricane Mathew. At least not here in ATL..will be interesting to see it if continues to hug the coast line and rains on Roger next week.

I can relate to your brother not liking some cheeses, I don't really like feta, though I used to enjoy just a little blue cheese...who knows why... I think I've mentioned it took a Long, Long time before I could actually face eating tofu. I bought several many boxes and let them expire in the refrigerator, or opened them and looked at that white brick and tossed it. But, I have developed a real liking of the stuff. I have some to bake this morning, that has marinated since yesterday in a sauce of Hoisin Sauce and Coconut Aminos. I think I will go start baking now, and can have some this morning along with my Carrot Ginger soup, and the rest of my pound box of spinach. Garlic Sautéed Spinach, Carrot Ginger soup, and Asian marinated tofu....sounds like breakfast to me!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    Interesting. I find that I now like some of the strong tasting cheeses that I also used to pass on. I gather that some use the blue cheese partly for the salty taste it imparts.

I though that the latest weather prediction was for Ga to feel some impact from Matthew? OTOH sometimes it feel as if they are more likely using a Crystal ball to do the forecast. From here the cost cutters have struck !
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/space/going-blind-the-coming-satellite-crisis/
    Going Blind: The Coming Satellite Crisis
    By Tim De Chant on Thu, 28 Feb 2013
    Unfortunately, in just a few years, part of our weather satellite system that is vital to forecasts will very likely go blind.

Berrien Moore, director of the National Weather Center, and many other experts who spoke with me cite Sandy as a prime example of how vital satellite data has become in weather forecasting and how terrible it would be if we lost any part of it. Typically, hurricanes that make their way up the East Coast end up veering back out to sea. But Sandy didn’t, and thanks to a European weather model that deeply incorporated satellite data, forecasters were able to predict its sudden turn west into the coast.
    Not Good for accuracy ;(

As I understand it Tofu is very bland until flavored...

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, yes, hurricane affecting the coast of GA,(the hurricane is forecast to be 60 miles from mainland), but we're too far inland...unless it takes a weird turn we'll remain dry. :(

I didn't know we were on a time limit with our weather satellites. Yikes!!!

Tofu is very bland, which makes it kinda fun...you can make it taste like whatever you want, depending on what you marinate it in, or spice or bbq sauce, etc. you put on it.

Tempeh is also a soy product, but in my opinion it does have a taste, so its not so great for 'everything'. I found a recipe this morning for sloppy joes using tempeh. May give that one a try. I think the sloppy joe sauce is strong enough that I might actually like it.

Ed has given me several very helpful hints for using tofu, which was a great help, getting me past just 'looking' at that white blob! :)

Just finished my cereal and banana. I think the kitchen at my house is now closed :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight’s dinner was a favorite dish. FOOD. OK. It was middle Eastern spiced fried potatoes, onion, and bell pepper, with eggs scrambled in at the last.

Wine of choice: Albariño, 2015, Spain. This wine paired very nicely with the food.

It was a pretty good day. Tomorrow is TAG DAY, but from what I saw in the emails shouldn't be any outside tagging to worry about.

Finishing off my wine now. Then g'nite all!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Leftovers for breakfast. Lilo was fed too, of course.

81 predicted for the high today, with 0% chance of rain.

Off to the rat mines!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Breakfast time, just wanted to say Hi before the day starts making its demands!
    Followup appt with little doc, grocery shopping day, phone call from Ted. (he called yesterday while I was talking with Jack, and said he'd call back Wednesday)
    Also would like to cook some beets, just cuz they've been in the crisper drawer for awhile. Also need to make a batch of nut milk, etc....
    Every time I use this Lemon Tahini Salad dressing, aka T-Crack, I'm so glad I made it. Its got more fat than I'd like to see, but, on a per serving basis, not really bad.

Watched the debate last night. That sure muddied the waters! Didn't change my mind though about who I'll vote for. But I was a bit surprised by what I saw.

As Ed pointed out, another beautiful fall day here. I guess I'll be watering again this afternoon....arrg.

Best feed Tom E. as its late enough the raccoon population should be sleeping off a night of foraging the neighborhood. But apparently not my back porch, as Tom's water bowl is not muddied. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 58 Degrees this morning a change to the cooler from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 7500 steps today to this point in time. Yesterday I ended up with 17,625 steps :)

I got out twice more yesterday, I caught a ride to the bank with my brother who was going on from there so I walked back home and then I noticed I had missed paying a Credit Card bill that was due the 8th so I wrote that out and walked to the Post office.

Already from Sunday to Today I am at 44,376 steps
    I stopped at the Grocery Store on my walk and Picked up 4 Bananas, 2 Honey Crisp Apples, 2 Green Pear, 2 nectarines, 3 Red Delicious and for my Brother 3 Large Poblano Peppers and 3 small Jalap peppers.

I looked at my email and I see a tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning, that is the good and since it shows Shipment information sent to FedEx Chambersburg, PA Anticipated ship date: Wed 10/05/2016 CHAMBERSBURG, PA US That indicates I should see something Tomorrow. I see no indication of whether it is Ready to Go AKA Shelf Stable or the frozen portion or both however :(

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, yes, hurricane affecting the coast of GA,(the hurricane is forecast to be 60 miles from mainland), but we're too far inland...unless it takes a weird turn we'll remain dry. :(

I didn't know we were on a time limit with our weather satellites. Yikes!!!

Tofu is very bland, which makes it kinda fun...you can make it taste like whatever you want, depending on what you marinate it in, or spice or bbq sauce, etc. you put on it.

Tempeh is also a soy product, but in my opinion it does have a taste, so its not so great for 'everything'. I found a recipe this morning for sloppy joes using tempeh. May give that one a try. I think the sloppy joe sauce is strong enough that I might actually like it.

Ed has given me several very helpful hints for using tofu, which was a great help, getting me past just 'looking' at that white blob! :)

Just finished my cereal and banana. I think the kitchen at my house is now closed :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Is that good news or bad news that You should not get rain from Matthew?

When I signed up with NS they were shipping an extra week of Shelf Stable foods if You signed up with the Pre-Diabetic / Diabetic plan and they selected it so I ended up with the Vegetarian Sloppy Joe Mix they used to have available. I found it to be tasty enough so I expect that You could be successful as the Textured Soy protein they used got its flavors from the sauce and the protein gave it the proper texture.
    Just from curiosity I wonder if the Manwich sauce from the Grocery Store is vegetarian? Looks like it. Recipe for Vegetarian Sloppy Joes from here :)
    http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Vegetarian-Sloppy-Joes-5288.html
    Ingredients
    1 cup dry brown lentils, sorted, rinsed
    4 cups water
    1 cup finely chopped carrot
    1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
    1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
    8 whole wheat hamburger buns
    This was a review I read
    By purpleivy34 August 10, 2012

This recipe is wonderful! It's so easy because we just dump everything in a crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours and it's ready to go. Contrary to some review comments the original Manwich does not have Worcestershire sauce in it and IS completely vegearian. Make sure you are getting the correct stuff and there won't be any problems. I am really picky about a lot of foods, but this was sooo yummy. I'm sure you could even leave out the brown sugar and it would still be just as yummy, but I haven't tried it that way yet.

Good Morning!
    Breakfast time, just wanted to say Hi before the day starts making its demands!
    Followup appt with little doc, grocery shopping day, phone call from Ted. (he called yesterday while I was talking with Jack, and said he'd call back Wednesday)
    Also would like to cook some beets, just cuz they've been in the crisper drawer for awhile. Also need to make a batch of nut milk, etc....
    Every time I use this Lemon Tahini Salad dressing, aka T-Crack, I'm so glad I made it. Its got more fat than I'd like to see, but, on a per serving basis, not really bad.

Watched the debate last night. That sure muddied the waters! Didn't change my mind though about who I'll vote for. But I was a bit surprised by what I saw.

As Ed pointed out, another beautiful fall day here. I guess I'll be watering again this afternoon....arrg.

Best feed Tom E. as its late enough the raccoon population should be sleeping off a night of foraging the neighborhood. But apparently not my back porch, as Tom's water bowl is not muddied. :)

Later...

We recorded the debate with the DVR will watch as much as we can stomach later today. Thanks for not posting a spoiler. I suspect the news will be full of the debate and not any other real news :(

I have been known to use foods for the same reason, they are getting older and I spent money on them :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Tonight’s dinner was a favorite dish. FOOD. OK. It was middle Eastern spiced fried potatoes, onion, and bell pepper, with eggs scrambled in at the last.

Wine of choice: Albariño, 2015, Spain. This wine paired very nicely with the food.

It was a pretty good day. Tomorrow is TAG DAY, but from what I saw in the emails shouldn't be any outside tagging to worry about.

Finishing off my wine now. Then g'nite all!
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Leftovers for breakfast. Lilo was fed too, of course.

81 predicted for the high today, with 0% chance of rain.
    Hi Ed
    That is a interesting sounding dish, I am not surprised You had the leftovers for breakfast as I do tend to think of Eggs as a breakfast item, Not to say I have not fried some leftover Baked or boiled potatoes and then scrambled eggs into them for Dinner or Lunch.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! High of 81 predicted for today with 0% chance of rain again.

Off to the salt races!