Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was showing 36 degrees a bit cooler than yesterday. I walked 6.8K steps so far since I will be going out later walking again. I had over 10k steps by 3PM yesterday and neglected to see the total steps for the day at the end of the day :)

Today I have started the day off with some banana before I want walking and am now enjoying a NS Vanilla Protein Shake withe rest of that banana blended in.

Saturday I ended up having the Chicken Pad Thai as I have a bit of a sweet tooth and had one of the skewers of Chicken Satay. I thought about having the Chicken PAD SEE-EW or maybe the Chicken Thai Fried Rice. I like their STICKY RICE WITH THAI CUSTARD however I passed on it this time :)

Did I mention that I had a few Raspberries off of the bushes in the garden, I am amazed how long they produced, I hope the last few ripen before the frost eats them instead of me :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Sigh...I guess I can't quite get away from turkey yet. Eduardo snuck some of the light meat out of the freezer, along with the unused gravy starter that came with the bird, small diced the turkey, cooked some medium noodles, stirred that all together with some of the small diced celery and has a turkey noodle casserole topped with parmesan and Italian spiced bread crumbs in the oven, almost done now, just waiting for the topping to brown and crisp up.

I guess I'm having turkey for dinner again. ;) I might steam some broccoli for a side.

J is having the rest of the broccoli sauté and the last of the broccoli rice cheese casserole.

Hi Ed
    That does sound delicious however.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Also CyberMonday.

Leftover turkey and noodles for breakfast. High of 67 today with 20% chance of rain. Supposed to meet someone at 1:00 at a Fourbucks...er I mean Starbucks for something orchid related, but since it's the Starbucks across from where I used to work, maybe J and I can have lunch at Olee's Kitchen, a nice Korean fusion food place, in the same parking lot as my Kroger.

90% chance of rain tonight! Woo hoo!
    We are expected to have a soaking rain this week too.

If I said Cyber Monday is something I have never done...

I had Starbucks once, I was not that impressed with it especially when looking at the Price for what was a cup of Black unsweetened Coffee.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good morning, she said quickly before heading to the shower.
    I am so excited about the rain that's coming our way Ed!! I can hardly wait!
    Chiro this morning, trip to Whole Foods Midtown after. Hope to find a big, fresh pan of Chicken Fried Tofu on the hot bar, and a container of Mushroom Broth. Then a stop at Costco for gasoline, a big container of spinach, baby disposable diapers to donate to the churches food pantry, and then home.
    A friend of mine sent a recipe for 'Carrot Osso Buco' that I can't wait to my (hence the mushroom broth... and her link to Food and Wine led to quite a few other good sounding vegan recipes! I'm excited...new food dishes to try!

I used to make Turkey Tetrazzini with leftover bird from Thanksgiving. :) Had a recipe that included white wine, and other 'delectables' which gave it a bit of unexpected 'kick'.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Thanks for making me think of this Turkey Tetrazzini, I looked up a recipe online and it looks delicious. The one I looked up shows 45 min. 6 servings and 411 calories :)

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Good morning, she said quickly before heading to the shower.
    I am so excited about the rain that's coming our way Ed!! I can hardly wait!
    Chiro this morning, trip to Whole Foods Midtown after. Hope to find a big, fresh pan of Chicken Fried Tofu on the hot bar, and a container of Mushroom Broth. Then a stop at Costco for gasoline, a big container of spinach, baby disposable diapers to donate to the churches food pantry, and then home.
    A friend of mine sent a recipe for 'Carrot Osso Buco' that I can't wait to my (hence the mushroom broth... and her link to Food and Wine led to quite a few other good sounding vegan recipes! I'm excited...new food dishes to try!

I used to make Turkey Tetrazzini with leftover bird from Thanksgiving. :) Had a recipe that included white wine, and other 'delectables' which gave it a bit of unexpected 'kick'.

Later...

I seriously thought abut making Turkey Tetrazzini, but Eduardo insisted on just plain old turkey and noodles utilizing the gravy and some of the celery. Well, sort of plain...the breadcrumb and Parmesan/Romano topping was a nice touch, I must say.

It turned out delicious and made a nice, filling dinner AND breakfast for me, and breakfast was just an easy warmup in the microwave. And it didn't seem like Thanksgiving all over again, which, while I do enjoy Thanksgiving for several days, I DO eventually get tired of it and am glad to change over to creative non-Thanksgiving leftover dishes for whatever bird and/or ham is left.

Turkey and noodles doesn't feel like Thanksgiving and the future turkey noodle soup, or turkey salad, or possibly still a Turkey Tetrazzini, or even Massamun Curry Turkey, won't seem like Thanksgiving leftovers either. I could even make some quick Turkey Marsala or Dinde avec du Vin in lieu of Coq au Vin. The possibilities are endless. And of course shredded dark meat can make lovely barbecue sandwiches.

• parityanimal
    edited November 2016
    OK. Eduardo won't let up. Or maybe I should start saying Edweirdo?

Tonight my dinner will be something really un-Thanksgivingy, as a slightly altered version of THIS is in my smallest crockpot.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/black-bean--n--pumpkin-chili

Definitely not Thanksgiving, but still using up turkey!

Could easily be made vegan by just omitting the turkey and using vegetable broth too!
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2016
    Tonight's dinner: Eduardo's version of the black bean 'n pumpkin chili, made with Kabocha squash rather than pumpkin, but the difference between the two is practically non-existent. A couple of other minor differences in Eduardo's recipe, including the addition of some jalapeño chil pepper...

I'd venture to say this would probably come out great actually using canned pumpkin, even though Eduardo really doesn't approve of that stuff, preferring to make his own pumpkin or other winter squash purée.

20161128_171556_zpsmvpqbpgm.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Is anybody out there?
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    I'm here! Came back to see if anybody posted!
    Give Eduardo a hug, he's out done himself with creative left over meals!! :)
    Heading for a few games on my iPad while I'm snuggled in my warm jammies and then long nights sleep.
    I got the stuff I needed at Whole Foods, including a lot of chicken fried tofu...well, about 2 meals worth anyhow! :)
    Wonder if Roger got back out for more walking? Can't believe how long those raspberries are producing!! Would have never guessed they'd still be bearing end of Nov. in NJ, no less! WOW!!

Ok,,
    Later...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Folks,

Eduardo (not Edweirdo!) has some great leftover turkey ideas. "Lee-Annardo" is not a chef, and not really great at creating those things. Ed - you are lucky to have Eduardo with you!

Having a difficult time wrapping my head and the rest of me around exercising - and good eating. Just off of my eating by a little bit, but at this age there is not so much room for "error" as there was when I was younger. I need someone to get inside my head and get me back on track. Any headwords out there?

Okeydoke...time to get moving. I have to do a good bit of driving today (observing a student and then back to the office for meetings, then finally home...all travel on the NJ Turnpike). Thank goodness my local library has free audiobooks.

Take care,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I should have picked up my scrip at Publix yesterday, before the rain started. Guess I'll have to get wet today and go get it.

The remaining chili will probably be lunch today. Can't wait to see what (besides the inevitable turkey soup) Eduardo comes up with for other turkey leftovers from the freezer!

Lilo has been fed. Now it's time for me!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees somewhat warmer than yesterday. I walked 8K steps. I had over 10k steps by Noon yesterday and neglected to see what the total steps for the day were at the end of the day :(

I had a few more Raspberries off of the bushes in the garden, I am amazed how long they produced, I hope the last few that are hanging in there ripen before the frost eats them instead of me :)

In the weird news segment today:
    People paid Cards Against Humanity more than $100,000 to dig a hole
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/28/people-paid-cards-against-humanity-to-dig-a-hole.html
    The creators of Cards Against Humanity, the "party game for horrible people," raised more than $100,000 and threw it into a hole.

Starting at 1 p.m. ET on Friday, Cards Against Humanity launched its Holiday Hole campaign. For every dollar donated, the company added several seconds to the "dig clock."

While the majority of folks appeared to have donated a meager $5 to the campaign, several people spent more than $1,000 for the "cause."

It is unclear if all of the $100,573 raised went into the equipment rental and labor costs or if the company has any leftover funds for use as it sees fit. The company is slated to release an update about the event soon.

Cards Against Humanity did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

The company tweeted on Sunday that the "hole got dug," signifying the end of the whole hole digging event.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Tonight's dinner: Eduardo's version of the black bean 'n pumpkin chili, made with Kabocha squash rather than pumpkin, but the difference between the two is practically non-existent. A couple of other minor differences in Eduardo's recipe, including the addition of some jalapeño chil pepper...

I'd venture to say this would probably come out great actually using canned pumpkin, even though Eduardo really doesn't approve of that stuff, preferring to make his own pumpkin or other winter squash purée.

20161128_171556_zpsmvpqbpgm.jpg
    Hi Ed
    That soup (Chilli) looks Delicious. I wish I was more into cooking rather than looking for the easy way :)
    Breakfast Today will be a couple of Dollar Store Blueberry Waffles in a little while, and the already eaten Banana and NS Coffee Protein Shake.
    Is anybody out there?

Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGs6TDeXo8E
    FWIW this is left playing will lead into Choo Choo Ch'boogie - Louis Jordan and then Caldonia / Louis Jordan :)
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I should have picked up my scrip at Publix yesterday, before the rain started. Guess I'll have to get wet today and go get it.

The remaining chili will probably be lunch today. Can't wait to see what (besides the inevitable turkey soup) Eduardo comes up with for other turkey leftovers from the freezer!

Lilo has been fed. Now it's time for me!
    Hi Again
    The Forecast rain started as I was on the outbound leg of this morning walk. I managed to go one Block before it started with the stray drops of rain, during the walk the rain slowly increased to a light drizzle and then a real light rain. The Heavy rain is in the near future for today and another round of rain tomorrow. We do need it and the forecast is for 1 to 2 inches total.

That reminds I need to pull the oldest Turkey from the Freezer, I have two 2 day packages from earlier this fill I want to use up before I get into the frozen leftovers from Thanksgiving.

Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I'm here! Came back to see if anybody posted!
    Give Eduardo a hug, he's out done himself with creative left over meals!! :)
    Heading for a few games on my iPad while I'm snuggled in my warm jammies and then long nights sleep.
    I got the stuff I needed at Whole Foods, including a lot of chicken fried tofu...well, about 2 meals worth anyhow! :)
    Wonder if Roger got back out for more walking? Can't believe how long those raspberries are producing!! Would have never guessed they'd still be bearing end of Nov. in NJ, no less! WOW!!

Ok,,
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I am amazed too how long the berries are producing and that there were ripe berries despite that we have had overnight frosts. Earlier I brought in the hanging basket we made with Geraniums in it and put it one the window ledge of the unheated enclosed porch and it seems to like it as it now blooming nicely. The porch does stay warmer than the Outside due to heat through the wall of the house.

It was not so much getting back out walking that was planned as walking to be walking as it was Walking to the Doctors for the three month checkup. BP was 120 over 68. Would You like to venture a guess who forgot to fast before the visit, Oh well Blood work during the February 27, 2017 visit :)

Probably from a Movie
    Jumpin Jive - Cab Calloway and the Nicholas Brothers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yGGtVKrD8

Enjoy Your Whole Foods Goodies
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Eduardo (not Edweirdo!) has some great leftover turkey ideas. "Lee-Annardo" is not a chef, and not really great at creating those things. Ed - you are lucky to have Eduardo with you!

Having a difficult time wrapping my head and the rest of me around exercising - and good eating. Just off of my eating by a little bit, but at this age there is not so much room for "error" as there was when I was younger. I need someone to get inside my head and get me back on track. Any headwords out there?

Okeydoke...time to get moving. I have to do a good bit of driving today (observing a student and then back to the office for meetings, then finally home...all travel on the NJ Turnpike). Thank goodness my local library has free audiobooks.

Take care,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    This has to be from film, Cab Calloway's Hi De Ho - 1934
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kJqM7he9o

I got nothing, so to speak. I just go and do it. I get out walking before I start my day here at home. Then I Work at staying on the NS Plan or NS Plan Plus extra fruit depending on whether I need to lose or maintain. If it were easy none of would be here :)

I eat a Banana before going out exercising and then have a NS Protein Shake on my return and then later on a Breakfast Entree. Sometimes it is a NS entree or low cost Waffles and Pancakes from the Dollar Store or Use 1% milk from the same place on cereal or I have a reduced Sugar Quaker Oatmeal.

Be safe driving around in the rain, I Saw where it is forecast to be heavy later today.

Our Library had (has?) audio books however on tape as they were not a lot of use to me. When I drove further I used Old Time Radio on Tape that Would buy that way or transfer to tape from records.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Other Weird News from today's Local Cable News :)
    Japanese city to build bizarre ‘spamusement’ theme park with hot spring rollercoasters
    http://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/737028/spa-theme-park-spamusment-japan-Yasuhiro-Nagano
    The mayor of Beppu, a city famed for its hot springs, issued a challenge on social media last week: if his YouTube video hit a million views, he would build a ‘spamusement park’ in the city.

A week later, the video hash 1.8million views, so the park will be going ahead.

It will feature hot tubs that patrons can soak in - as they fly down a rollercoaster wearing only a towel.

Mayor Yasuhiro Nagano announced on Facebook that the video hit the million-mark four days after it was released.
  • parityanimal
    I ate half the leftover turkey chili for lunch. I could have eaten all of it, but I saved some for dinner.

I made J a pot of the same recipe, but substituting a second can of beans in lieu of the turkey, and it came out just as delicious! He likes it and he doesn't notice the squash puree mixed in at the start. He DOES know I was making it with that, so it's not being totally sneaky. So I found ONE way to get him to eat winter squash and like it. LOL. And I made his pot even spicier than I had made mine.

Anyone with kids who "don't like pumpkin/winter squash" would probably be happy to eat this chili if they weren't aware that it contained that ingredient. They'd never notice.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Yes, its 12 hours late!
    Did a few morning chores, had a great lunch with M...the rain, like it was wearing a watch quit when they said it would...cloudy/overcast, but not raining. Tomorrow is going to be all day rain, so I did my weekly shopping after M's lunch. Glad its done... I just wasn't keen on trying to navigate a shopping cart and an umbrella, etc and loading the bags into the trunk, and hold the umbrella..?? Really??
    I have 1 ¾ inches rain in my gauge this morning! At first I thought I was not seeing it right, but really is 1 ¾ inches!!!

Ed, folks with 'littles' learn to hide all kinds of food and feed unsuspecting mouths. What they don't know doesn't hurt them...and is usually GOOD for them. Greens can be run thru the blender with spaghetti sauce...and they never know! Same for carrots, peas, etc. :) Pumpkin or squash in chili sounds wonderfully sneaky!

Lee-Ann, exercise and how to motivate oneself is beyond me. I do know, Monday at my Chiro's visit she fussed at me for not exercising like I used to...like I should. So, I guess like you, I'd best get this worked out!!! And, yes these last 3-4 weeks have been without exercise or even much movement..and a lot of little, and some not so little 'allowances' in my diet. You know, poor me...here have ______. Didn't make my hip feel a bit better :( (and it made the bathroom scale scream OUCH!)...

Roger, Aint nobody Here but us Chickens...I've heard that expression all my life...never heard the song! Thanks.

Tom E.'s been fed, and had his lap time, now its time for my cereal, fruit, and national news.
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Hi
    It was showing 54 degrees slightly warmer than yesterday. I walked 7.5K steps so far. I had over 10k steps by the end of the day :)
    Yesterday was a little over 2 inches of rain and more forecast for later today, We do need it too.

Recipe to use leftover Turkey, a little late I know.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/37784/easy-turkey-tetrazzini/

Some Skills here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwP2QlBbfac&index=27&list=RDqcqtAPge_bI

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I ate half the leftover turkey chili for lunch. I could have eaten all of it, but I saved some for dinner.

I made J a pot of the same recipe, but substituting a second can of beans in lieu of the turkey, and it came out just as delicious! He likes it and he doesn't notice the squash puree mixed in at the start. He DOES know I was making it with that, so it's not being totally sneaky. So I found ONE way to get him to eat winter squash and like it. LOL. And I made his pot even spicier than I had made mine.

Anyone with kids who "don't like pumpkin/winter squash" would probably be happy to eat this chili if they weren't aware that it contained that ingredient. They'd never notice.
    Hi Ed
    What kid doesn't like Pumpkin Pie? Especially with Whipped Cream :)

FWIW It is now over 1.5 hours Since I filled the Yeti Insulated Coffee cup at the 7-Eleven and it is still warm enough to drink despite that I added a little ice when I filled it so I could start drinking right away. Cold Coffee is something I never have been able to drink.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hi! Yes, its 12 hours late!
    Did a few morning chores, had a great lunch with M...the rain, like it was wearing a watch quit when they said it would...cloudy/overcast, but not raining. Tomorrow is going to be all day rain, so I did my weekly shopping after M's lunch. Glad its done... I just wasn't keen on trying to navigate a shopping cart and an umbrella, etc and loading the bags into the trunk, and hold the umbrella..?? Really??
    I have 1 ¾ inches rain in my gauge this morning! At first I thought I was not seeing it right, but really is 1 ¾ inches!!!

Ed, folks with 'littles' learn to hide all kinds of food and feed unsuspecting mouths. What they don't know doesn't hurt them...and is usually GOOD for them. Greens can be run thru the blender with spaghetti sauce...and they never know! Same for carrots, peas, etc. :) Pumpkin or squash in chili sounds wonderfully sneaky!

Lee-Ann, exercise and how to motivate oneself is beyond me. I do know, Monday at my Chiro's visit she fussed at me for not exercising like I used to...like I should. So, I guess like you, I'd best get this worked out!!! And, yes these last 3-4 weeks have been without exercise or even much movement..and a lot of little, and some not so little 'allowances' in my diet. You know, poor me...here have ______. Didn't make my hip feel a bit better :( (and it made the bathroom scale scream OUCH!)...

Roger, Aint nobody Here but us Chickens...I've heard that expression all my life...never heard the song! Thanks.

Tom E.'s been fed, and had his lap time, now its time for my cereal, fruit, and national news.
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    Wow I knew something musical You did not know :)

I hope You like the Video Link in my previous post.

Exercise is something I never really cared for. Now I get Antsy if I don't get out early, Why I do not know.

I was OK when I was doing Physical labor and then when when I stopped doing that is when I packed on the Poundage :( I had built up poor eating habits when they they did not have much effect on my weight and they continued after my caloric expenditure went down.

I do not blame You for not wanting to shop in the rain. I turned down my brothers offer to go grocery shopping with him in the rain for the same reason.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    n2opDr.jpg
    I was glad I was not drinking when I saw this one or I would likely need a new Keyboard :)

tpwhYj.jpg

9JIE9w.jpg

wDaWAp.jpg

411oca.jpg

DxxuyA.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Finished off the leftover "pumpkin" black bean turkey chili for dinner last night. Still some of the vegan version I made for J left though. He may have that for lunch if he stays home for lunch. If not, then it may be his dinner. Not sure if he's working from home all day or going in for the afternoon. I do know he needs to go in to leave a device on his desk for someone else to pick up.

Eduardo has the rest of my kabocha squash going now in a slow cooker with some broth, spices, and lite coconut milk to make vegan curried kabocha squash soup. I don't expect J to eat any of this, and it's only incidentally vegan since it's using vegan chicken flavored vegetable broth instead of real chicken broth.

So far today Eduardo has not pulled any turkey out of the freezer. We'll see if that lasts and I actually get a day off from leftover turkey. LOL. So far the ride has been fun, and I haven't minded the leftover turkey at all, and I'm sure if any of it makes it to the table today, I'll enjoy it. There should be enough squash soup to cover my lunch and dinner though, so turkey may not be necessary.

• parityanimal
    Lunch!

Home made curried kabocha squash soup. Vegan.

20161130_120237_zps78tlwo5c.jpg