Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited December 2016
    bWj1dA.jpg
    So True

6aVt4Q.jpg

ciji2a.jpg

DlxnDx.jpg

jvmkhB.jpg

mZCWZN.gif
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Great Cartoons Roger.
    I'm on my way to bed....glad I stopped by...some things here to laugh over as I fall asleep. Thanks for 'Shoe'.
    The Keurig one cracked me up...no I've not done that. I did however, have a roommate who used a regular electric pot...put the coffee grinds in the basket, filled the reservoir, but neglected to put the pot on the pad for the caraffe...let me tell you coffee, water, grounds went EVERYWHERE. Once, well we all make mistakes or have accidents...but TWICE???? Yikes!!

Nighty night...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today it was showing 38 degrees 3 degrees cooler than yesterday, Fortunately the overnight rain has died down so it was comfortable. I have walked 5.5K steps so far. I will be walking up to the Post Office to mail a package to my Sister using a Medium flat rate box and that will finish mt goal in steps. Yesterday I ended the day at 10.5K steps.

No Way would I go on some of these :)
    15 Scariest Bridges in the World
    http://www.destinationtips.com/travel/15-scariest-bridges-world/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=adwords&utm_content=Scariest+Bridges&utm_campaign=ADW001-DST-18463-15-scariest-bridges-world&utm_term=hosted.ap.org-115134472521--weather&gclid=CLyZ07uX2dACFRJMDQod-CMHXA

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Great Cartoons Roger.
    I'm on my way to bed....glad I stopped by...some things here to laugh over as I fall asleep. Thanks for 'Shoe'.
    The Keurig one cracked me up...no I've not done that. I did however, have a roommate who used a regular electric pot...put the coffee grinds in the basket, filled the reservoir, but neglected to put the pot on the pad for the caraffe...let me tell you coffee, water, grounds went EVERYWHERE. Once, well we all make mistakes or have accidents...but TWICE???? Yikes!!

Nighty night...
    Hi Valerie
    I did that myself, forgetting to put the pot underneath, Once :)
    This one I use now has a valve that prevents it from working if the basket is not underneath as well as one for the basket that prevents the water from flowing through it if the Carafe is missing.

A laugh a day helps the day go better :)

I'm glad You enjoyed them
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's mushy Monday! Soggy all day yesterday and likely to be the same today, but can't complain because we need the rain. It's been the good, slow steady kind mostly too, which is exactly what we needed!

Meatloaf finished off for breakfast, as a MEATLOAF SANDWICH. Yum!

Eduardo may have to come out of hiding today for lunch, and possibly dinner too, unless we decide to use up some Tombstone pizza Eddie bought on sale at Kroger last week. Don't buy that often but this was a price not to be resisted, and more would have been purchased for future lazy day use, but there wasn't room in the freezer for any more than the four pizzas purchased.

Well, off to ponder laundry as it hasn't been done yet. Eddie is finding it difficult to get motivated, as the weather is getting into the old joints...

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Soggy it is, and for all the right reasons as Ed mentioned!! And tomorrow also...100% says the weather channel.
    Just finishing my breakfast..greens and beans, and the standard mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Added about half cup of rice that I cooked yesterday. Tasty!

Roger "This one I use now has a valve that prevents it from working if the basket is not underneath as well as one for the basket that prevents the water from flowing through it if the Carafe is missing."...now that is ONE SMART COFFEEMAKER!

I need to run errands...and I think this morning is 'the' time to get it done. Mailing a calendar to my brother in MO, and a couple letters, then heading toward the grocery, after a stop at the doc's office to change that Jan. 2nd appointment that they called about 2 weeks/1 week? ago...

Then on to Kroger...I've run out of lunch salad stuff. and if they have decent looking arugula today my shopping will be done...if not..on to Publix with fingers crossed.

Ed my joints don't hurt today...unless I move :( Could be ther weather, could be no Aleve for 5 days? And its not real pain...just stiffness. I need an oil can and a grease gun :) That should do the trick LOL!!

Lee-Ann, the southwest sounds good. Ariz. or N. Mex sounds pretty good. :) Nice dry heat in summer, a taste of winter, but short termed depending on where you settle... living would be quite different than NJ! Good luck with your researching new locations.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2016
    Well Eddie is still pondering laundry, and will probably be getting to it shortly. Eduardo took some of the "instant" dried chili mix (that contains beans, onions, bell pepper, and fake burger crumbles, but no chili ) from Harmony House and put it in a crock pot with some seasoning, a little salt, and boiling water to have for lunch later after it soaks and simmers for a few hours, and the tomato powder will be added later. I tasted the broth and this will be "melt your face" chili!

Eddie has cleared the sink so all the dishes are done anyway.

• RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's mushy Monday! Soggy all day yesterday and likely to be the same today, but can't complain because we need the rain. It's been the good, slow steady kind mostly too, which is exactly what we needed!

Meatloaf finished off for breakfast, as a MEATLOAF SANDWICH. Yum!

Eduardo may have to come out of hiding today for lunch, and possibly dinner too, unless we decide to use up some Tombstone pizza Eddie bought on sale at Kroger last week. Don't buy that often but this was a price not to be resisted, and more would have been purchased for future lazy day use, but there wasn't room in the freezer for any more than the four pizzas purchased.

Well, off to ponder laundry as it hasn't been done yet. Eddie is finding it difficult to get motivated, as the weather is getting into the old joints...
    Hi Ed
    Yum, Meatloaf Sandwich.
    Much of the country is getting much needed rain :)

I have been know to stock up also when the price is irresistible.
    Well Eddie is still pondering laundry, and will probably be getting to it shortly. Eduardo took some of the "instant" dried chili mix (that contains beans, onions, bell pepper, and fake burger crumbles, but no chili ) from Harmony House and put it in a crock pot with some seasoning, a little salt, and boiling water to have for lunch later after it soaks and simmers for a few hours, and the tomato powder will be added later. I tasted the broth and this will be "melt your face" chili!

Eddie has cleared the sink so all the dishes are done anyway.
    Dried Chili Mix, Hmm...
    Probably except that part about melt Your face Chili :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Soggy it is, and for all the right reasons as Ed mentioned!! And tomorrow also...100% says the weather channel.
    Just finishing my breakfast..greens and beans, and the standard mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Added about half cup of rice that I cooked yesterday. Tasty!

Roger "This one I use now has a valve that prevents it from working if the basket is not underneath as well as one for the basket that prevents the water from flowing through it if the Carafe is missing."...now that is ONE SMART COFFEEMAKER!

I need to run errands...and I think this morning is 'the' time to get it done. Mailing a calendar to my brother in MO, and a couple letters, then heading toward the grocery, after a stop at the doc's office to change that Jan. 2nd appointment that they called about 2 weeks/1 week? ago...

Then on to Kroger...I've run out of lunch salad stuff. and if they have decent looking arugula today my shopping will be done...if not..on to Publix with fingers crossed.

Ed my joints don't hurt today...unless I move :( Could be the weather, could be no Aleve for 5 days? And its not real pain...just stiffness. I need an oil can and a grease gun :) That should do the trick LOL!!

Lee-Ann, the southwest sounds good. Ariz. or N. Mex sounds pretty good. :) Nice dry heat in summer, a taste of winter, but short termed depending on where you settle... living would be quite different than NJ! Good luck with your researching new locations.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It is a Braun & I like it, and it is fast compared to many of them too. I think this is the one, at least it looks like it http://kitkadesigntoronto.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/braun-kf400.jpg
    This is the System I was muttering about :)
    The unique carafe lid seals in the fresh flavor by minimizing air exposure and the anti-drip system lets you pour with precision - any time during the brewing cycle.

My only worry about parts of the southwest would be water. Not to mention Sand Storms.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    The chili came out very good, and there is a bowl left for someone to have as a meal or snack.

But Eduardo took the evening off. Eddie still has the second load of clothes to fold, but frozen Tombstone pizza is in the oven for dinner.

• GardenKatGardens
    I waited around until I had my kitchen cleaned (floor included), and I finally got out the door...in time for the steady rain! :( Timing is everything these next few days, I think.

I fixed a new (to me) potato casserole for lunch today. It included the Follow Your Heart cheeses. And it was tasty! Bit, lot, high on fat because of the cheese, and low on protein, as there isn't any in the fake cheese...but tasty...and I have enough for tomorrow lunch or dinner, IF...IF I really watch my fat intake all day!

Roger thanks for the coffee maker info. My old one works fine, and will work forever unless I use it! My one cupa a day just doesn't justify making even half a pot of coffee. So, its me and Keurig, the one cup wonder!

Ok, I forgot to eat the other half of my pear. I got 2 red D'anjou pears last week at Kroger, and the first one was finally ripe tonite...and sweet, and juicy. First half went onto my salad plate at lunch... :)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...soggy still! My rain gauge this morning is at 4 inches, that's from last Monday when the rain began until current. So we've regained maybe a quarter of the 'lost' rain from our nasty drought. But its a good start!

I don't see anyone .... meaning the many forms of Ed maybe got to sleep in? Roger is 'lurking' with a half finished post that will pop in before mine...sneaky Roger, and Lee-Ann probably has a long commute today???? WHERE are you all? LOL!!

Half my cup of 'precious' coffee is waiting, and I'm sure when I open the drape I will find Tom E. cat waiting at the door for his breakfast. Guess its time to start my day.....

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 38 degrees, No breeze so it was more or less comfortable. I have walked 9,670 steps. I did pick the last of the Raspberries Sunday, There is always next year.

Rain moving in this afternoon into the overnight hours with a possibility of snow to the north of me.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I waited around until I had my kitchen cleaned (floor included), and I finally got out the door...in time for the steady rain! :( Timing is everything these next few days, I think.

I fixed a new (to me) potato casserole for lunch today. It included the Follow Your Heart cheeses. And it was tasty! Bit, lot, high on fat because of the cheese, and low on protein, as there isn't any in the fake cheese...but tasty...and I have enough for tomorrow lunch or dinner, IF...IF I really watch my fat intake all day!

Roger thanks for the coffee maker info. My old one works fine, and will work forever unless I use it! My one cupa a day just doesn't justify making even half a pot of coffee. So, its me and Keurig, the one cup wonder!

Ok, I forgot to eat the other half of my pear. I got 2 red D'anjou pears last week at Kroger, and the first one was finally ripe tonite...and sweet, and juicy. First half went onto my salad plate at lunch... :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Interesting, No Protein. I wonder if You could have added a vegetable protein of some sort
    flavored like Bacon or Hamburger?

I guess I'm different, I like the Green peppers and make sure to eat them while they are a nice and crunchy Ripeness.
    Good Morning...soggy still! My rain gauge this morning is at 4 inches, that's from last Monday when the rain began until current. So we've regained maybe a quarter of the 'lost' rain from our nasty drought. But its a good start!

I don't see anyone .... meaning the many forms of Ed maybe got to sleep in? Roger is 'lurking' with a half finished post that will pop in before mine...sneaky Roger, and Lee-Ann probably has a long commute today???? WHERE are you all? LOL!!

Half my cup of 'precious' coffee is waiting, and I'm sure when I open the drape I will find Tom E. cat waiting at the door for his breakfast. Guess its time to start my day.....

Later...

I was out Walking and ran a bit late returning home as I went a little further than usual and stopped to talk with the Crossing guard :)

Congratulations on a Good start with the rain
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

I don't see Roger's post either. Maybe the system ate it. Or maybe he's still typing it and it will beat my post!

Still definitely soggy, but not complaining. Looks like today may be the end of the sogginess for a while, but at least we got a few days of rain and Puddle Lanier can start trying to become Lake Lanier again.

We went over a small arm of the puddle on the weekend when we made our trip to Dahlonega, and it really did look more like a puddle than a lake.

Rainy mornings are great for sleeping in! And yes, I did sleep in until 7:30. Need to clear the sink and still need to fold that last load of laundry. Eddie will get to it...

Then I need to find out what the next big occurrence is between Superman and the Atom Man (really Lex Luthor) in the serial. I've watched 9 episodes of the second serial and number ten is queued up!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Sink cleared. Laundry folded. There was an interruption to the laundry folding, as Eduardo suddenly decided dinner had to be started...so there is a small slow cooker of baked beans going now, and the dark meat turkey is moved from the deep freeze in the garage to the fridge in the kitchen for making of barbecue tonight. I think there may be a small, sweet dumpling squash quick steamed in the microwave as a second side dish but that hasn't been verified as yet...and the sauce for the barbecue turkey meat will be from a bottle, but only because I had a coupon for a free bottle at Kroger. Doesn't mean Eduardo won't jazz that sauce up a bit!

Might get out to the grocery, but it looks awfully nasty out and I'm trying to put that off until tomorrow if I can.

• RogerToo
    FgzxSH.gif

lQBoXg.gif

jMnnnJ.jpg

ZVcjtX.jpg

27XAOc.jpg

4daCku.gif
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ah! Eduardo was thinking ahead and told Eddie to cool his jets if he wanted dinner! LOL!
    Smart Eduardo and Eddie! :)

I knew Roger was out there! Glad you were able to get out for your walk, and that you had time to chat with the crossing guard. I'm sure being a crossing guard is a rather lonesome job, considering the age of the 'entertainment'.
    Waiting for the raspberries makes them all the sweeter next year!!! And start making a list, as no doubt there will be more next year...so you may have enough to add to salads, or cereal...dogone it Roger...you just posted again...I'm not done here! As I was saying, raspberries to get creative with next year!! Exciting huh?

Ok, will reload my page and read Roger's post while I eat my breakfast banana.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

I don't see Roger's post either. Maybe the system ate it. Or maybe he's still typing it and it will beat my post!

Still definitely soggy, but not complaining. Looks like today may be the end of the sogginess for a while, but at least we got a few days of rain and Puddle Lanier can start trying to become Lake Lanier again.

We went over a small arm of the puddle on the weekend when we made our trip to Dahlonega, and it really did look more like a puddle than a lake.

Rainy mornings are great for sleeping in! And yes, I did sleep in until 7:30. Need to clear the sink and still need to fold that last load of laundry. Eddie will get to it...

Then I need to find out what the next big occurrence is between Superman and the Atom Man (really Lex Luthor) in the serial. I've watched 9 episodes of the second serial and number ten is queued up!
    Hi Ed
    I was late getting on and am slow typing, I did beat You to posting by one entire minute :)

The Superman Serial I ordered after You linked it arrived Yesterday. For now it is on the shelf as I am undecided whether to watch it myself or use it as a stocking stuffer for my Brother.
    Sink cleared. Laundry folded. There was an interruption to the laundry folding, as Eduardo suddenly decided dinner had to be started...so there is a small slow cooker of baked beans going now, and the dark meat turkey is moved from the deep freeze in the garage to the fridge in the kitchen for making of barbecue tonight. I think there may be a small, sweet dumpling squash quick steamed in the microwave as a second side dish but that hasn't been verified as yet...and the sauce for the barbecue turkey meat will be from a bottle, but only because I had a coupon for a free bottle at Kroger. Doesn't mean Eduardo won't jazz that sauce up a bit!

Might get out to the grocery, but it looks awfully nasty out and I'm trying to put that off until tomorrow if I can..
    Your post made me think of my noon food so I decided to go pull two 4+ ounce packages of Turkey from the freezer in the basement and one is in the Kitchen Freezer section and one is on the counter. I think I will do a Shredded (Pulled?) Turkey & Sweet baby Ray's BBQ on a ancient grain wrap. Thanks for the idea :)

I do not blame You, if there is nothing needed why run out in bad weather

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ah! Eduardo was thinking ahead and told Eddie to cool his jets if he wanted dinner! LOL!
    Smart Eduardo and Eddie! :)

I knew Roger was out there! Glad you were able to get out for your walk, and that you had time to chat with the crossing guard. I'm sure being a crossing guard is a rather lonesome job, considering the age of the 'entertainment'.
    Waiting for the raspberries makes them all the sweeter next year!!! And start making a list, as no doubt there will be more next year...so you may have enough to add to salads, or cereal...dogone it Roger...you just posted again...I'm not done here! As I was saying, raspberries to get creative with next year!! Exciting huh?

Ok, will reload my page and read Roger's post while I eat my breakfast banana.

Later...

Hi Again
    And I saw You had posted while I was posting to Ed :)

Enjoy Your Banana
    Roger