Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Roger, the cartoons were all good. But I LOVED the last clip of the cat, the dog, and the bird! Glad my coffee was drunk, or I'd have another cleaning chore to do today.......

Heading to the kitchen to scrub out the pan I used to make my grilled cheeze with yesterday evening, and while I'm doing that I'm going to also be cooking a pot of lentils. Made the quinoa earlier before breakfast while I washed up the 'not for dishwasher' items in my sink. Then I'll start my cleaning.

Oh, and what color would the vegetarian hamburger or bacon be? (yes, when I read it the first time I totally missed the word 'FLAVORED', and thought you were messing with me! Worse than that, I 'knew' the color of the vegetable hamburger or bacon would of course be red! The potatoes were quite tasty with the thyme, onion, broth, and yes, the fatty fake cheese etc.
    I think I'll have them along with my version of fajitas, made with 'meaty' portabella slices and spices!

Ed, enjoy your shows. I'm not planning to go out today either...except to empty the rain gauge. :) Puddle Lainer is the honest truth. I somehow doubt this rain has raised the level very much, as it was so dry, and such a 'nice well behaved' rain...I suspect most of it soaked into the ground.

Seriously now- Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Once Again :)
    I'm glad You enjoyed them. I loved the the first two. I always like Mashed with bacon or Bacon Bits so to speak which I suspect the Grocery store ones have no real bacon in them.

I'm glad to, I'd hate to cause someone to have to clean up twice :)
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, you have to read the labels...some of the bacon pieces are actually bacon, some are not. Slow down long enough to read what you're buying! :)

Slowly getting stuff done...weather slowly clearing, just in time for the cold temps to arrive. Lucky that's the order of things! Otherwise I'd be complaining about 4 letter cold words. :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Whew! That is some spicy barbecue dark meat turkey Eduardo made. And spicy baked beans.

And there are, of course, leftovers of both! The sweet dumpling squash was tasty too, but not as sweet as I had thought it would be, from the name. Kabocha beats it out thoroughly on sweetness.

20161206_174916_zpsequrpg7b.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Looks good Ed! Most definitely too spicy for me, but makes for a great dinner!
    Seems the older I get, the less tolerant I am for spicy hot foods. :(

Cat fed and rocked, me fed, a little kitchen clean up in order, then its game over for the day.

See you in the morning. Supposed to be dry, and cold start, but again today low 60's by afternoon. AH, shopping morning!

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Folks,

The rain has moved here. As I recall, you folks down south were in need of that rain, yes? So I am glad you finally got it - especially for the TN fires.

Nothing new here - except more work. It is piling on. Hmmmm, the last dream I remember was one of my students asking if I had finished grading a major assignment (I still have one class to do on that assignment). Do you think I need to do that today?

Heading out in a bit - to grade this assignments! Take care all,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

High of 56 predicted for today with 10% chance of rain. I think Eddie might get the shopping done today!

I'm sure barbecue will be on the menu for lunch or dinner. I had some meatballs for breakfast.

Eduardo was looking around in the deep freeze for a pot roast but didn't see any. That may be added to the shopping list too. There IS a huge boneless Boston Butt in there but that looks rather daunting for right now...besides that is usually made into a giant pile of barbecue meat too and I'm already eating barbecue.

Might dig around on the other side of the freezer but think I must have eaten the last pot roast.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 39 degrees, A little breeze so it was more or less comfortable. I have walked 9,053 steps. It rained overnight where I am, Much of NJ had around 8/10 inch of rain and in the Northwest corner snow up to 3+ inches. The possibility of snow to the north of me came true :)

I mailed the first three Christmas Cards this morning too.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, you have to read the labels...some of the bacon pieces are actually bacon, some are not. Slow down long enough to read what you're buying! :)

Slowly getting stuff done...weather slowly clearing, just in time for the cold temps to arrive. Lucky that's the order of things! Otherwise I'd be complaining about 4 letter cold words. :)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    In my case I read the lables to make sure they are real bacon, I just as I am sure that there are some that are not bacon :)

We get out cold snap in a day or two where the forecast highs are in the 30s :(
    Looks good Ed! Most definitely too spicy for me, but makes for a great dinner!
    Seems the older I get, the less tolerant I am for spicy hot foods. :(

Cat fed and rocked, me fed, a little kitchen clean up in order, then its game over for the day.

See you in the morning. Supposed to be dry, and cold start, but again today low 60's by afternoon. AH, shopping morning!
    And strangely enough as my brother gets older he seems to like foods that are spicier.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Whew! That is some spicy barbecue dark meat turkey Eduardo made. And spicy baked beans.

And there are, of course, leftovers of both! The sweet dumpling squash was tasty too, but not as sweet as I had thought it would be, from the name. Kabocha beats it out thoroughly on sweetness.

20161206_174916_zpsequrpg7b.jpg

Hi Ed
    Thanks to Your post I ended up shredding some of the Turkey and heating it up with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and on the wrap it delicious.

So many Thanks
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

High of 56 predicted for today with 10% chance of rain. I think Eddie might get the shopping done today!

I'm sure barbecue will be on the menu for lunch or dinner. I had some meatballs for breakfast.

Eduardo was looking around in the deep freeze for a pot roast but didn't see any. That may be added to the shopping list too. There IS a huge boneless Boston Butt in there but that looks rather daunting for right now...besides that is usually made into a giant pile of barbecue meat too and I'm already eating barbecue.

Might dig around on the other side of the freezer but think I must have eaten the last pot roast.
    When I was stirring around in the freezer for the Turkey I discovered we still have three Corned Beef and a whole Pork Loin. No wonder the freezer is looking a bit full.

Have fun shopping
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

The rain has moved here. As I recall, you folks down south were in need of that rain, yes? So I am glad you finally got it - especially for the TN fires.

Nothing new here - except more work. It is piling on. Hmmmm, the last dream I remember was one of my students asking if I had finished grading a major assignment (I still have one class to do on that assignment). Do you think I need to do that today?

Heading out in a bit - to grade this assignments! Take care all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    Lots of areas needed the rain, NJ included, just not as much as down south :)

Every so often in years past I would have a dream where I was back in school. Then Back in the 90s I was back in school :)

Have a Nice day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Heading out for the grocery in just a few minutes. Chilly out, planning to wear warm stuff, and my new stocking hat, to cover my 'bedhead' look. Its cute on young chicks, not so much on old ladies!
    Have recipe for Cuban Potatoes, that I think I will try for dinner tonite. It sounds interesting, not sure I'll like it, so making half a recipe, but the clincher...bakes for 60 minutes in the oven. :) Close off the rest of the house, bedroom stays nice and cool..about 65-66 degrees, yet toasty in the 'living' part of the house. Probably cost more to run the oven than the furnace, but this heats only areas I'm using during the evening. So....will let you know how Cuban Potatoes go...
    Ok, duck out the door, drive to Walmart for last December run...need a large gift bag for a shower on Sunday, cat food, (which is the driving force), and my SF gum and Werther's candies... then on to Kroger, for general shopping and a cup of hot tea, and HOME!
    Lunch, and if I still have the energy, quickie run to Publix. I will be tired kid while I have my Wednesday chat with DS1 tonite! Also I've signed up for a 1 hour seminar....we'll see :)

That's about it for my day...
  • RogerToo
    How To Drive In Jersey and Stay Alive

Seriously, there are only two things needed to drive effectively in NJ: A horn and a middle finger. Everything else is superfluous, including knowing where you are going.

For those of you who live in Jersey or have lived there, these things may come as no surprise. For those who haven't traveled there before, Beware, Be Prepared and Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

1. You must first learn to pronounce the city name, it is Nork - rhymes with Fork, not New-ark. Also, Trenton is not pronounced Tren-ton, it is Trent-in.

2. The morning rush hour is from 5 AM to NOON. The evening rush hour is from NOON to 7 PM. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.

3. The minimum acceptable speed on the turnpike is 85 mph. On the parkway it's 105 or 110. Anything less is considered "Sissy.." (Just ask the former Governor of NJ)

4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Jersey has its own version of traffic rules. For example, cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go first at a four-way stop; the trucks with the biggest tires go second; However, in Monmouth and Burlington counties, SUV-driving/cellphone-talking moms ALWAYS have the right of way.

5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out, and possibly shot.

6. Never honk at anyone. EVER! Seriously. It's another offense that can get you shot.

7. Road construction is permanent and continuous in all of Jersey. Detour barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting.

8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks, skunks, dogs, cats, barrels, cones, celebrities, rubber-neckers, shredded tires, cell-phoners, deer and other road kill, and the homeless feeding on any of these items.

9. MapQuest does NOT work here -- none of the roads are where they say they are or go where they say they do and all the Turnpike EZ Pass lanes are moved each night once again to make your ride more exciting.

10. If someone actually has their Turn Signal ON, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been "accidentally activated."

11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 70 in a 55-65 mph zone, you are considered a road hazard and will be "flipped off" accordingly. If you return the flip, you'll be shot.

12. Do not try to estimate travel time -- just leave Monday afternoon for Tuesday appointments, by noon Thursday for Friday appointments, and right after church on Sunday for anything on Monday morning.

SAFE DRIVING!
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Heading out for the grocery in just a few minutes. Chilly out, planning to wear warm stuff, and my new stocking hat, to cover my 'bedhead' look. Its cute on young chicks, not so much on old ladies!
    Have recipe for Cuban Potatoes, that I think I will try for dinner tonite. It sounds interesting, not sure I'll like it, so making half a recipe, but the clincher...bakes for 60 minutes in the oven. :) Close off the rest of the house, bedroom stays nice and cool..about 65-66 degrees, yet toasty in the 'living' part of the house. Probably cost more to run the oven than the furnace, but this heats only areas I'm using during the evening. So....will let you know how Cuban Potatoes go...
    Ok, duck out the door, drive to Walmart for last December run...need a large gift bag for a shower on Sunday, cat food, (which is the driving force), and my SF gum and Werther's candies... then on to Kroger, for general shopping and a cup of hot tea, and HOME!
    Lunch, and if I still have the energy, quickie run to Publix. I will be tired kid while I have my Wednesday chat with DS1 tonite! Also I've signed up for a 1 hour seminar....we'll see :)

That's about it for my day...

Hi Valerie
    Our oven does warm up parts of the house and since one of those areas is where the Thermostat is located it stops the furnace running for the entire house :)

I hope the day goes well for You.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Thanks Roger, so far so good.
    Laughed out loud at the rules for driving in Jersey. It wasn't 'that' bad when I lived there, my problems was with 2 turnpikes...the White Horse, and the Black Horse...they, and their traffic circles drove me bonkers a couple of times!
    I do believe that all of the 'rules' apply to the ATL area, I can't speak to the rest of GA, as a good bit of it is still rural. But traffic in ATL can be a bear nearly round the clock if you need to be on any major roadways. I was advised early on not to honk, flash lights, etc. I don't need to get shot! I DO however still use my blinkers and get really aggravated at those who don't, which is most of them. Do they think I'm a mind reader? ETC..

Going to the kitchen to put that potato casserole together, but thanks for the laugh...I'll probably chuckle the whole time I'm in the kitchen, and then likely copy paste your post and send it to my boys! Jack especially will 'get it'...Ted's driving is mostly intown surface streets so him no quite so much. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    I'm glad You enjoyed it :)

FWIW NJ has been getting rid of traffic circles.

Enjoy Your Casserole
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2016
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

High of only 47 expected today, with zero percent chance of rain.

Leftover spicy barbecue dark meat turkey and baked beans for breakfast. One more meal of that left, and that will be the end of the dark meat turkey.

I believe I have one small packet of white meat turkey left, some frozen chunks of celery (waiting for a pot roast) and some of the cranberry relish left. And that's it for Thanksgiving food. I'm doing pretty good at eating it all up, over a relatively short time period.

The meat manager at Kroger (who is a friend of mine) pointed out the hams on sale through the 24th so I've already got my EASTER ham now. My Christmas ham was purchased along with its free turkey, before Thanksgiving. It's in the bottom of the fridge, waiting. The package says it's spiral sliced but honestly, I can't see any evidence of that. I guess I'll find out when I open it to warm and glaze it on Christmas. As I hate to waste the glaze packet they sent with it, Eduardo will probably use that and add some ginger and maybe mustard and black pepper to jazz it up a bit.

Eddie did get to the store yesterday, and did some bathroom cleaning too, as well as changing the sheets in the master bedroom, after assuring that Ariel was asleep on the sofa, in the living room, down the hall, and wouldn't be helping.

Here's how well that went...

20161207_093917_zpsyo0uqc8u.jpg

And then when going out to check on mail, I saw a very late flower in the sidewalk flower bed!

20161207_163311_zpsryjp1nvm.jpg

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning,
    Roger - thanks for the laugh! I hit the NJ Turnpike at least once a week for 1 1/2 hours...and you are probably right about all the rules!
    Ed, glad to see how Ariel was helping with the bed making.
    Va - good morning to you. Hope all is well for you in Atl.
    Take care all...time to do some work before I get too distracted!
    Lee-Ann
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 36 degrees, It was more or less comfortable. I had a brainstorm yesterday, Well maybe it was a brain drizzle, I checked out a new route to walk for distance using Map My Run and walked it today. It is further than my usual walk and I went through two other towns doing it for a total of three towns walked in today. I have walked 11,744 steps.

Colder weather is moving in during the overnight hours with forecast overnight lows in the 20s, breezy and daytime highs in the 30s :(
    That is why I extended my walking today in case I cut it short tomorrow and Saturday. I am also thinking of stopping for a breakfast of a couple of Scrambled Eggs and Dry toast as much to warm up as to have breakfast.

The Heron was flying up the brook today as I walked past and it is a pretty sight flying.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Thursday Morning. Bit chilly and windy here in 'hot' Lanta!
    Ed, glad to see you had a fool proof plan for making the bed! LOL!!! I don't think they actually sleep...I think they turn on their super gps monitoring system, and just close their eyes...waiting....just waiting!!! Loved the little daisy! Talk about the 'last flower of summer' :)

Going to have a look at the weather forecast in a minute...need to gas the car, so will pick the sunniest warmest day that I can...:) I should have yesterday, but by the time I finished all my running around, I had an email from Jack saying he'd be calling an hour early...so there went my time slot!

Roger, how is NJ today...yep, all of it...LOL!

Lee-Ann all is well in Atlanta. No ice storms, no riots or sit-ins, and no rain.
    My orders for the holiday are arriving day by day...should all be here soon, and then I need to set aside a 'rapping day'..wait! What?...I don't even like rap...don't really care for 'wrap day' either, but gotta do it!

Will have to open the next email from Coursera. I'm ready to put my brain back to work. Its been a lovely holiday 2 month break.. :)

Ok, that's about it...heading to the kitchen and cook SOMETHING...I can't decide if I want the usual greens, or oatmeal. Guess its time to stand in front of the open refrigerator. :)

Later...