Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning All,

Roger, I am glad you are able to enjoy the NS products. For good or for bad, I am with Ed on this. Once NS eliminated their own bulletin boards, I lost my motivation and "oomph" with both weight maintenance and NS. Sometime after that I finally stopped my NS ordering - and a really good price. I tried ordering last year again, but found the price too much, with 10 fewer meals days per month and no protein shakes included. And they still don't have the boards. If you have the old price, don't do what I did!

Val, the Coursera classes sound so interesting. The Human Microbiome is no exception. I may send my husband to that website.

Stay warm all. It sounds like we all are getting that "lake effect" cold.

Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    If You were to sign up for a email as if You were looking to become a new customer by doing where it says "get your free diet analysis" You will start getting offers to save money based on past experiences I had by doing that.

Some of what kept me using them was that I had bought a bunch of Discounted gift cards and that I still had a ways to go at that point. Since it was working I did not fix it :)

If at some point You do decide to sign up again do not forget that both of us can get a bonus using their referral plan. You get a credit and I get one too. doing the refer a friend thing.
    "Give $50 & GET $50
    Here’s how it works:

1. Share your link with a friend
    2. Your friend gets $50 off their first order
    3. You get a $50 reward! "

I will admit to using outside foods too and delaying my orders recently. This order that processed last night was delayed by 2 months and 2+ weeks :) However if I use the extra Discounted gift-cards from when they have a sale the food becomes reasonably priced, a little under 50% of the price they display. That mean that much of the frozen entrees I might use cost more from the grocery store or around the same price when on sale. I buy those too for extra variety however.

It sounds as if You were looking at the Weekends on Your own plan which IMHO is no bargain. BTW if You just wanted to try their frozen foods, when You order $50 and up the shipping is free and if You buy a Gift Card from CostCo at $80 per hundred dollar face value not real bad. Doing that I still miss the extra Discount from being a auto delivery customer however.

Anyway there are a couple of stray thoughts

Stay warm for the next few days.
    Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Well, Eddie got all the dishes done and the vacuuming, including finally sprinkling some "anti-critter-odor" powder on the rug in D's room and vacuuming it to get rid of the musky/musty smell from when he kept ferrets in there. As D is likely to remain in Tucson for some time yet, I also made up the full size bed in there so we can use it for an emergency guest room if needed. I have checked a few times during the afternoon and evening and now the room smells NICE.

The ferrets are living with a friend, and doing well as last heard.

When I asked D what the plans were for Christmas dinner there, and offered to help, he said that if I could, his mother would prefer a gift card rather than a pre-done dinner, and he (since he has Christmas off) and she could use it to buy exactly what they wanted and prepare it together. I'm glad to hear that she is feeling well enough to at least help with cooking, as at Thanksgiving she basically said she wasn't cooking anything. D said he was the one who warmed up the pre-cooked dinner that I sent for Thanksgiving.

So I sent a $75 Fry's Food/Kroger gift card, and he received it today. They should be able to buy food for Christmas dinner and have quite a bit left over with that, I hope.

Then D said I was about to make his mother cry because I was helping more than any of her six siblings, who apparently aren't doing ANYTHING to help her or her elderly mother who lives there too. I hope they can find a decent place to home D's grandmother, as his mother isn't really able to help take care of her so well any more. At least with D there, he can help with that too.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Getting colder again.

Not much on the agenda for today. Probably a nap!

Eduardo may invent something for dinner, but we'll see...

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 30 degrees, I have walked 7,951 steps. I was out the door ahead of most of the breeze. It started picking up and I started feeling cold so I stopped at the Supermarket for a couple of Apples, more to warm up however :) Then on to home and when the wind was behind me I could feel it pushing me along. The direction of the wind is why I changed my usual route home from where I walked today.

It appears from checking the tracking that both the frozen and the ready to go NS orders are on the truck for delivery. I hope the frozen does not melt with today's heat wave. The frozen has been in transit since the overnight hours, 12:00 am Picked up, Bethlehem, PA :) and the ready to go was picked up at 4:02 pm, Picked up, Hagerstown, MD

I should be giving taste reports on the new food items starting tomorrow :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well, Eddie got all the dishes done and the vacuuming, including finally sprinkling some "anti-critter-odor" powder on the rug in D's room and vacuuming it to get rid of the musky/musty smell from when he kept ferrets in there. As D is likely to remain in Tucson for some time yet, I also made up the full size bed in there so we can use it for an emergency guest room if needed. I have checked a few times during the afternoon and evening and now the room smells NICE.

The ferrets are living with a friend, and doing well as last heard.

When I asked D what the plans were for Christmas dinner there, and offered to help, he said that if I could, his mother would prefer a gift card rather than a pre-done dinner, and he (since he has Christmas off) and she could use it to buy exactly what they wanted and prepare it together. I'm glad to hear that she is feeling well enough to at least help with cooking, as at Thanksgiving she basically said she wasn't cooking anything. D said he was the one who warmed up the pre-cooked dinner that I sent for Thanksgiving.

So I sent a $75 Fry's Food/Kroger gift card, and he received it today. They should be able to buy food for Christmas dinner and have quite a bit left over with that, I hope.

Then D said I was about to make his mother cry because I was helping more than any of her six siblings, who apparently aren't doing ANYTHING to help her or her elderly mother who lives there too. I hope they can find a decent place to home D's grandmother, as his mother isn't really able to help take care of her so well any more. At least with D there, he can help with that too.
    Hi Ed
    I know what You mean about the Ferrets, My Brother & Wife had them too.

Just curious, did You ever report how the Thanksgiving dinner was for taste, I tend to worry that they use things like instant potatoes.

That was a nice thing to do.

It is a shame when family does nothing when they could. If they were disabled it would be different.

You have a Good heart to help like that
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Getting colder again.

Not much on the agenda for today. Probably a nap!

Eduardo may invent something for dinner, but we'll see...
    I hope Your weather stays better than ours. The wind chills are forecast to hit sub zero in the upcoming overnight :(
    I may go out for coffee tomorrow and then Boomerang back home if it is to bad out there.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    Stay Warm
  • RogerToo
    xT6ywj.jpg

zv5DRv.gif

xeavsN.jpg

mmWzdU.jpg

cZW0TM.jpg
  • parityanimal
    I think that milk is just a little bit out of date...
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    I know what You mean about the Ferrets, My Brother & Wife had them too.

Just curious, did You ever report how the Thanksgiving dinner was for taste, I tend to worry that they use things like instant potatoes.

That was a nice thing to do.

It is a shame when family does nothing when they could. If they were disabled it would be different.

You have a Good heart to help like that

D said the Thanksgiving dinner was good, and it was really appreciated by all. He had told me that there might be 4 relatives over for Thanksgiving. His mother ALWAYS does Thanksgiving and, even though she wasn't up to it this year, none of the relatives offered to help, though I'm sure they were willing to eat it, and I ordered enough to feed them too if they came. And if they didn't come, then that gave D, his mother, stepfather, and grandmother plenty of leftovers so either way it should have been a win.

I did my best to include most of the things they normally had for Thanksgiving, though D would have had to buy some whole kernel corn since that wasn't an option where I ordered. And if he wanted rolls or other sides, he needed to get them too. He said Turkey, stuffing (light bread), mashed potatoes, gravy, some kind of dessert pie, and plain whole kernel corn, at a minimum...so I got that, except for the corn, and the dinner came with cranberry sauce too, though I doubt they ate much of that, and in addition to the pecan pie ordered, I added a pumpkin roll.

If the chemo works, D's mother may live to celebrate some more Thanksgivings and Christmases, but there's a really good chance that this year will be her last. I didn't want their last holidays to totally suck...and couldn't stomach the thought of them just eating sandwiches or junk food for the holidays. I can't afford to "fix" everyone's holiday dinners, and I'm sure there are, and will be, many others who could use help, but at least I could help this little bit.

Christmas dinner should be a success since D and his mother will be preparing it, and they can buy exactly the foods they want! I imagine she'll be mostly supervising but D is a decent cook when he tries (and can stay focused) and I'm sure she'll see to that. He gets distracted easily by something shiny or a squirrel, or, heaven forbid, a shiny squirrel! A Christmas ham is a bit easier than a Thanksgiving turkey and takes considerably less time to prepare too.

So, on that note, here is a shiny squirrel to distract you all!

squirrel-crystal-copper-1375503005_zpsdqmh6epl.jpg

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! It was 33 when I woke, but that was later than early! :)

Trip to Snellville for O's Ulta card, so she can have 'make-up'...make up at 12 years old. Good grief! (and don't I just sound like an old person). I split what I meant to give here, so half of it will be clothes from Justice, the other half, shudder, make up???????
    After Snellville I was going to eat lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, but then M called. She's been sick, her hubs still under the weather, issues with the old ones, etc...and could we squeeze in lunch at Stone Mt. tomorrow. So, don't want to eat out X2 this week...weight has dropped, and so has blood pressure....Ain't ( :wink: ) messing that up.

Got to see our newly renovated gym yesterday. Our, mmmmm, Their owner was there, so I got a premium tour of the gym and Christmas hugs from him.... Made my day. Then I ran to Costco, Kroger, the Mexican Market, and finally after lunch, Publix. Whew! Made me tired! My refrigerator looks like a produce market!!!

Tom E. cat is still sleeping in his new $6.00 cat bed. Fits/suits him just the right size!

Thats about all from my house, except to mention that the cartoons were all 'spot' on! As was the shiny squirrel! I'm not sure I could pick a 'favorite'...except for the LOOK in that mama cats eyes, as she protects her 'marshmallows'!!! I would not, probably ever, challenge that cat!! :)

Later...

• RogerToo
    I think that milk is just a little bit out of date...

Hi Ed
    Only a little bit out of date. I do know I would pass on buying it since how do You tell when it is past its usable time :)
    D said the Thanksgiving dinner was good, and it was really appreciated by all. He had told me that there might be 4 relatives over for Thanksgiving. His mother ALWAYS does Thanksgiving and, even though she wasn't up to it this year, none of the relatives offered to help, though I'm sure they were willing to eat it, and I ordered enough to feed them too if they came. And if they didn't come, then that gave D, his mother, stepfather, and grandmother plenty of leftovers so either way it should have been a win.

I did my best to include most of the things they normally had for Thanksgiving, though D would have had to buy some whole kernel corn since that wasn't an option where I ordered. And if he wanted rolls or other sides, he needed to get them too. He said Turkey, stuffing (light bread), mashed potatoes, gravy, some kind of dessert pie, and plain whole kernel corn, at a minimum...so I got that, except for the corn, and the dinner came with cranberry sauce too, though I doubt they ate much of that, and in addition to the pecan pie ordered, I added a pumpkin roll.

If the chemo works, D's mother may live to celebrate some more Thanksgivings and Christmases, but there's a really good chance that this year will be her last. I didn't want their last holidays to totally suck...and couldn't stomach the thought of them just eating sandwiches or junk food for the holidays. I can't afford to "fix" everyone's holiday dinners, and I'm sure there are, and will be, many others who could use help, but at least I could help this little bit.

Christmas dinner should be a success since D and his mother will be preparing it, and they can buy exactly the foods they want! I imagine she'll be mostly supervising but D is a decent cook when he tries (and can stay focused) and I'm sure she'll see to that. He gets distracted easily by something shiny or a squirrel, or, heaven forbid, a shiny squirrel! A Christmas ham is a bit easier than a Thanksgiving turkey and takes considerably less time to prepare too.

So, on that note, here is a shiny squirrel to distract you all!

squirrel-crystal-copper-1375503005_zpsdqmh6epl.jpg
    Oooh Shiny :)

Thanks for that Information, I was curious.
    It is sad to hear it may be the last Holiday meals however.

I wish I could afford to to feed everybody that needs it, However it is what it is. Although My Brother does hand out home Baked goodies to friends.

I have been having focus problems myself, that darn Internet creates a huge time eater.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! It was 33 when I woke, but that was later than early! :)

Trip to Snellville for O's Ulta card, so she can have 'make-up'...make up at 12 years old. Good grief! (and don't I just sound like an old person). I split what I meant to give here, so half of it will be clothes from Justice, the other half, shudder, make up???????
    After Snellville I was going to eat lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, but then M called. She's been sick, her hubs still under the weather, issues with the old ones, etc...and could we squeeze in lunch at Stone Mt. tomorrow. So, don't want to eat out X2 this week...weight has dropped, and so has blood pressure....Ain't ( :wink: ) messing that up.

Got to see our newly renovated gym yesterday. Our, mmmmm, Their owner was there, so I got a premium tour of the gym and Christmas hugs from him.... Made my day. Then I ran to Costco, Kroger, the Mexican Market, and finally after lunch, Publix. Whew! Made me tired! My refrigerator looks like a produce market!!!

Tom E. cat is still sleeping in his new $6.00 cat bed. Fits/suits him just the right size!

Thats about all from my house, except to mention that the cartoons were all 'spot' on! As was the shiny squirrel! I'm not sure I could pick a 'favorite'...except for the LOOK in that mama cats eyes, as she protects her 'marshmallows'!!! I would not, probably ever, challenge that cat!! :)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I know exactly what You mean, eating out needs to be a special treat for me or else....

It sounds as if You need today to recuperate
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Well, despite all the shiny squirrels on the internet, Eddie did manage to get the dishes from breakfast and lunch taken care of and Eduardo has a pot of chili going in a Crock Pot for dinner. It's smelling wonderful already.

Supposed to be pretty cold tonight so chili is just the thing for dinner.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good thing I'm eating lunch at home....Friday (tomorrow) lunch with M. and it looks like I will be baby sitting Saturday night, meaning dinner at the Mex restaurant! I used to fix dinner for them, but it got to complicated with their meal and mine being quite different.

Christmas shopping officially over, except a trip to the bank for some crispy $20 bills for the kids next door. I think I can manage that! :)
    I guess the 'rap' party will be held Sunday or Monday next week.

Finishing my lunch, then its time to get the trash out to the curb, and leave for gymnastics...last class til January 2017! By the time I get home it will be dinner time, and rock a kitty. Oh my.

Later...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning Folks,

Roger, thanks for the information on NS orders. If I go that route again, I will definitely contact you so we can do the bonus (referral) discount. I had such a good price before - it does bother me that I gave it up. Then, when combined with the discounted cards from Costco - when at 40% or 50% off...I am trying not to look back!

Val, what a combination - a gift half from Justice and half from Ulta. You can see the split between little girll and moving into adolescence.

Ed, Eddie and Eduardo now have shiny squirrel visitors? They do sparkle.

Stay warm all,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. Lilo is helping me type, by being very much in the way, and demanding that the hands be on her and not the keyboard. It has taken over 5 minutes to type and correct this!

Giving up and going to turn my broiling breakfast lamb chops.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2016
    Ok. I turned the lamb chops and Lilo had to see what I was up to in the kitchen, so she's off the desk, at least temporarily and now I am back to my usual speedy typing rate.

There are some foods (old favorites) from NS that I wouldn't mind having on hand for sometimes, but Eduardo can match the stats and make MUCH BETTER TASTING food than most of the NS items. To be fair, I haven't tried much on the frozen side. When they first came out with the frozen I got a sampler of a few items. Don't even remember what all was in that, but it was at least as good as other brands of frozen food, at least as far as taste.

I saw what they did to the shelf stable meatloaf and am really glad I got out before that change. I wasn't real happy with the change when they moved the meatloaf on top of the potatoes but still had tomato sauce for the topping, because I'd rather choose whether I WANT the meatloaf on top of the potatoes. While I realize that putting the meat on top of the starch is all the rage now, that just doesn't work for me with everything, and I'd rather be in charge of food placement on my plate.

So...even though there are still a few old favorites in the menu, it's no enough to tempt me back. I'll just let Eduardo take care of managing my food.

Now I...ooh! A squirrel!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 19 degrees with a little breeze, Being crazy I walked 8.5K steps.

My latest NS orders were delivered yesterday. Between Wednesday & Thursday all the deliveries were weird. Wednesday UPS dropped packages on the unused side porch despite the label saying place inside front porch and on the front porch was a package via FedEx for the neighbor across the street and then on Thursday I saw the FedEx driver heading up to the neighbor across the street with my NS order. I am guessing that the cause is the Christmas Rush :)

I Will be updating the food reviews group here later
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
    I have reviewed Four items already and more are started with information and no review so I can update them later

On the order delivered yesterday they substituted Chicken Tortellini for the Bean Bolognese :( I had ordered that as it could be used for Lunch or dinner so I;m not real happy about that.
    Also I know I had ordered the Coffee Protein Shake, No Shake or substitutions. I suspect it has been Discontinued and as it was A La Carte they did not substitute for it. I will be calling later to check on that guess.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

P.S. The heated gloves worked better today even with the colder weather as I decided to put them inside the mittens I had been wearing. I was guessing that doing that, that the mittens would help keep the heat from dissipating and the keep the cold from seeping in :)
  • RogerToo
    Good thing I'm eating lunch at home....Friday (tomorrow) lunch with M. and it looks like I will be baby sitting Saturday night, meaning dinner at the Mex restaurant! I used to fix dinner for them, but it got to complicated with their meal and mine being quite different.

Christmas shopping officially over, except a trip to the bank for some crispy $20 bills for the kids next door. I think I can manage that! :)
    I guess the 'rap' party will be held Sunday or Monday next week.

Finishing my lunch, then its time to get the trash out to the curb, and leave for gymnastics...last class til January 2017! By the time I get home it will be dinner time, and rock a kitty. Oh my.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It sounds as if You Will be busy for the next Friday & Saturday :)

Congratulations on finishing the Christmas Shopping and adding to the last minute rush.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks,

Roger, thanks for the information on NS orders. If I go that route again, I will definitely contact you so we can do the bonus (referral) discount. I had such a good price before - it does bother me that I gave it up. Then, when combined with the discounted cards from Costco - when at 40% or 50% off...I am trying not to look back!

Val, what a combination - a gift half from Justice and half from Ulta. You can see the split between little girll and moving into adolescence.

Ed, Eddie and Eduardo now have shiny squirrel visitors? They do sparkle.

Stay warm all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    NS may be unusual in that whatever deal they gave when You signed up they keep it when prices change.

I have had some minor buyers remorse when I saw some of the deals that came along a while after I signed up. OTOH I am 95% sure if I had not found the old NS forums and gotten much help and advice I would not be where I am today so taking that into consideration I only experience a twinge of buyers remorse then I think how it has helped and that clears up :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ok. I turned the lamb chops and Lilo had to see what I was up to in the kitchen, so she's off the desk, at least temporarily and now I am back to my usual speedy typing rate.

There are some foods (old favorites) from NS that I wouldn't mind having on hand for sometimes, but Eduardo can match the stats and make MUCH BETTER TASTING food than most of the NS items. To be fair, I haven't tried much on the frozen side. When they first came out with the frozen I got a sampler of a few items. Don't even remember what all was in that, but it was at least as good as other brands of frozen food, at least as far as taste.

I saw what they did to the shelf stable meatloaf and am really glad I got out before that change. I wasn't real happy with the change when they moved the meatloaf on top of the potatoes but still had tomato sauce for the topping, because I'd rather choose whether I WANT the meatloaf on top of the potatoes. While I realize that putting the meat on top of the starch is all the rage now, that just doesn't work for me with everything, and I'd rather be in charge of food placement on my plate.

So...even though there are still a few old favorites in the menu, it's no enough to tempt me back. I'll just let Eduardo take care of managing my food.

Now I...ooh! A squirrel!
    Hi Ed
    I agree, this craze for putting everything in one pile for presentation purposes is weird at best. I like my foods separated, I do not mind the Entrees where the vegetables are next to the Protein, excluding mashed Potatoes.

For me convenience is a big factor as there never seem to be enough hours in the day for everything :)
    It does need to taste good too however.

As a FYI from my review of the Pumpkin Loaf snack
    Product Details
    Indulge in an iconic autumn treat: soft, spiced cake with real pumpkin, warming spices and a thick layer of cream cheese flavored icing. It has 5g of protein, high fiber and no artificial colors. Serve it warm with a mug of your favorite hot tea for a true taste of autumn. This exclusive fall flavor is available for a limited time only!
    Review
    I liked it, It was moist and tasty, I liked the frosting too. I wish I had ordered more than 4 of these :)

If I were as creative at cooking as You are I would do as You do when I stopped buying from NS too.

Enjoy the Upcoming Weekend
    Roger