Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Back in Peachtree Corners now, after a long day of driving, followed immediately by dinner with an old friend, who has already received one of the 12 bottles of wine I brought back from Paducah.

Yesterday, I picked up the barbecue shoulder meat (and a couple pounds of cold barbecued ham) early and put them both in the fridge at my sister's house. The ham came back with me today and I had two luscious bites just a few minutes ago and put the rest back in my refrigerator.

The pork shoulder was cut a bit finer and then re-warmed in the microwave at dinner time. I bought a HUGE bottle of the company's sauce, VERY spicy and peppery, most of which came home with me, though some was consumed during last night's big family dinner, and my sister poured some into a small jar to keep.

Most of the leftover shoulder also stayed with her, but I did take a baggie home that was frozen overnight and packed up with my ham and three frozen ice pack to keep it all cold for the drive home. It was all still nicely chilled and the ice packs weren't even completely melted when I got home.

The pork shoulder meat I brought is in the freezer, for later.

Gonna take a short before bedtime nap, then get up and feed the critters and then go back to bed...

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 34 degrees, That means it was warmer than Yesterday. I walked 8.1K steps and there was no wind today. Outdoors it is a gray looking day so far. On the good side the forecast of Snow showers is wrong so far.

From here on the 13th something I saw the other day :)
    http://abc13.com/weather/big-temp-swing-for-texas-this-weekend/1653865/

Big temp swing for Texas
    By Travis Herzog
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016
    HOUSTON (KTRK) --
    A "blue norther" cold front is coming for Texas this weekend, bringing the coldest air so far this season along with it. Not familiar with the phrase "blue norther?" That's when an arctic front swiftly moves down the plains, dropping temperatures 30 degrees or more, sometimes in as little as 30 minutes.

The cold air rushing thru the plains this weekend will be backed by a high pressure ridge currently over the East Siberian Sea, just northwest of Alaska. This high will slide into the central plains by Sunday, sending our temperatures tumbling.

These kinds of cold fronts are normally preceded by abnormally warm weather, and that will be the case this Saturday as high temperatures in Houston approach the record high of 80 set in 1990. Meanwhile, while we're flirting with 80 Saturday afternoon, temps in the Texas Panhandle will already be diving into the 20s! The norther is currently scheduled to blow into Houston early Sunday morning, dropping temps into the 40s before sunrise

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    1y6dky.jpg

U9bvzN.jpg

KM9jvY.gif

Qn4GHh.jpg

u2JBdu.jpg
    Yuck
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Y'all!!
    Woke earlier than I meant to! Have been messing with computer stuff...Had to change a password, thats always frustrating to me. No, I don't know why, not like its difficult exactly!

Heading for shower when I finish this. Our Mall plans are being held hostage by ATT. M's land line is messed up. They were there Monday, and have to come try again today. So, the day will be what the day will be....?????

24 degrees, ah, is that a warming trend? jk! We were supposed to have freezing fog this morning, multiple alerts on my phone this morning from Nat. Weather Service....no such thing here..though I'd imagine around the lakes, or the river, lower areas, etc. might have seen some. I'm just hoping for a peek at the sun today. It looks brighter than it has, so there is hope!

Have fun at Costco Roger. Hope are able to get in early, and out without too many people to stumble over! I know shopping is not your 'fun thing'!! I saw a long range weather forecast last night, and the weather looked ugly for the east coast Christmas? I surely hope not!

Some concern about all the terror by truck issues they're talking about. Real, or news hype?, a bit unsettling either way.

Ok, tea time, and shower! Then when ATT says phone is fixed I will be ready to meet my shopping/lunch buddy!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I would prefer to have to change a password than have it been hacked somewhere :)

Here In my Area Verizon our Phone Company is not interested in maintaining the Copper Landlines, they would prefer if those of use Dinosaurs that still have one dropped it and went to their Fios Fiber based service. That gives them a foot in the door if the Phone subscriber decides to switch their TV delivery service as the house is already wired for that.

The terror by truck IMO is a possibility. After all with the two recent attacks in Europe, France & Germany, it would be hard to thwart in some ways as any lone wolf terrorist can do it easily I'm sorry to say. If You watched the Macy Thanksgiving day parade, NYC blocked off access to vehicles with large dump trucks filled with sand which gave them added weight just in case and I am sure they will be doing that for the Times Square New Years Eve festivities.

Weather for Christmas looks OK from what I could see, Christmas Eve day, Not so much, It is a good thing nobody travels that day :)

I was heading out the door from CostCo at 10:08 and home unloading the card at 10:20 :wink:

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Back in Peachtree Corners now, after a long day of driving, followed immediately by dinner with an old friend, who has already received one of the 12 bottles of wine I brought back from Paducah.

Yesterday, I picked up the barbecue shoulder meat (and a couple pounds of cold barbecued ham) early and put them both in the fridge at my sister's house. The ham came back with me today and I had two luscious bites just a few minutes ago and put the rest back in my refrigerator.

The pork shoulder was cut a bit finer and then re-warmed in the microwave at dinner time. I bought a HUGE bottle of the company's sauce, VERY spicy and peppery, most of which came home with me, though some was consumed during last night's big family dinner, and my sister poured some into a small jar to keep.

Most of the leftover shoulder also stayed with her, but I did take a baggie home that was frozen overnight and packed up with my ham and three frozen ice pack to keep it all cold for the drive home. It was all still nicely chilled and the ice packs weren't even completely melted when I got home.

The pork shoulder meat I brought is in the freezer, for later.

Gonna take a short before bedtime nap, then get up and feed the critters and then go back to bed...
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that information, It sounds as if You are stocked up with quick meals now.

From what my Brother said yesterday the local Grocery Store has whole bone in Pork Shoulders for $0.99 a pound which sounds like a decent price to me.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Does not seem like, nor feel like Thursday! My usual Thursday stuff, with the exception of getting the trash out for pickup, is all 'wrong'...like no gymnastics (school' out) and I didn't shop yesterday, so no 'old' discount for me when I go grocering (LOL!!! I thought I had a new word there, and the dictionaries gave me only one option...procuring...and you can't say they're wrong! I will go 'procuring' very shortly at Kroger and Publix! LOL! Gotta love spell check!
    Had a great time yesterday! Walked, looked, talked, ate, drank, etc...it was a good outing!

Roger, $0.99 if you and Brother, (BTW does 'brother' have a name or even an initial that we can use here?)... as I was saying, If you and Brother eat meat, and I know You do, then that is a great price on the Pork Shoulder! Hope one of you got to the store to get one. :)

Ed, glad you're back in GA...and our forecasted 60++ degrees for the holidays. Nap, feed the zoo animals, and back to bed! I'd have been walking thru the house in a fog trying not to trip over the cats, and wondering what else I was supposed to feed. Sugar Babies, maybe???

So my intention is to be in the Kroger store by/near 9 a.m. So I need to get moving along.

Have a great day...hope we all see some sunshine today...kinda 'iffy' here at the moment..but maybe!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Been up for a while but catching up on stuff. Off to the endocrinologist this afternoon.

J did ensure that Eddie came home to a clean sink yesterday, which was nice, but of course never lasts long. After feeding the sugar gliders last night, and Lilo this morning (and picking up yesterday's bowl), and then breakfast this morning, the clean dishes need to be put away and the sink cleared again. Laundry is also in the cards for today. J is leaving to visit his mother and other family tomorrow, in a different part of Kentucky.

But...speaking of breakfast...Ham and eggs this morning. Fried ham. Fried Starne's barbecued ham. This is the first Christmas season I've managed to get some for the holiday in years. They sell it by the pound or by the ham. The WHOLE ham...but a friend of mine (oddly enough, when we lived in Memphis) who was also from Paducah used to send one of her helpers up to Paducah every Christmas season to buy a number of their whole barbecued hams, having the store cut them in half and re-wrap them, and then she gave out barbecued half hams to a bunch of friends every year and saved one, of course, for herself. I was one of the lucky recipients. She was Jewish...just not very Jewish when it came to food. LOL.

She died a couple of years before we left Memphis, though she had stopped giving the ham away at Christmas a year or two prior, when her health was declining rapidly. So I didn't count the years, but it has been a while since I had that special ham during the holiday season. I didn't need a whole ham so bought two pounds sliced. I already HAVE an official "Christmas" spiral sliced half ham in the fridge that I bought a while back, so didn't even need to buy a whole one and only keep half, though I can certainly think of a friend or two who wouldn't have minded taking half of one off my hands, or I could have wrapped it tightly and frozen it for another time. But ... I also already have two spiral sliced half hams in the freezer, in addition to the one in the fridge, so I really, really, don't need a whole lot more ham at all! I just wanted some of the special (and really, really delicious) ham for a special treat that brings back great memories of Jo. She was quite a lady. Did I mention that the whole barbecue hams cost upward of $60 apiece? That may sound a little pricy, and I guess it is, but WORTH IT. Yes, they are that good. To be honest, I've seen other, pricier hams, that seriously could not compete.

My mother is enjoying the three Kringle that I sent her, which remind her of one of her cousins who used to bring them from Wisconsin during the holidays. In Memphis I had a friend who gave those out at Christmas every year too, and after he passed on I continued that tradition for Jo, the ham giver, as she was fond of the Kringle and they brought back memories of our mutual friend. I also gave her a pound of very sharp, aged white Cheddar from Wisconsin which she liked to use to make Welsh Rarebit. She was always trying to give us food whenever we came by, and always had some fresh baked good (gave J a whole rum nut cake every Christmas, since he doesn't eat ham...he generously shared the cake with me) and then made sure we had the recipe, so we could make our own when she was no longer able to provide. We have made it twice. Actually, three times, as one year we made one for J to bring back and share with his mother and the family there.

The season is certainly a time for memories!

Need to get Eddie on those dishes...

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Is anybody out there?
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Folks,

Yes, Ed/Eddie/Eduardo (I want to reach all of them!), someone is out there! I guess I completely missed stopping by yesterday. Was doing some last minute errands for the holiday. We have the family Hanukah party tomorrow (Saturday), so I needed to get things finished for that.

Hanukah is not a major holiday, but the timing near Christmas elevates it a bit. With schools closed and people traveling, my mom tries to get grandchildren together for a party - so the Hanukah party is about the timing more than anything.

I know I have to do some major food shopping, but anytime between now and Christmas? Ouch...the market will be too crowded!

Think I will keep moving, and check in with you folks later.

Stay warm - and remember, the days are now getting longer, so summer must be just around the corner!
    Lee-Ann
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2016
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 37 degrees, That means it was slightly warmer than Yesterday. I walked 8.6K steps and @ cents today and 1 cent found later in the day yesterday and there was little wind today. Outdoors it is a sunny looking day, The forecast is for Rain moving in near tomorrow morning.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/22/these-are-the-most-hated-words-in-america/
    POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. — A poll has found that the most annoying word or phrase used in casual conversation in America is “whatever.”

The Marist College poll released Wednesday indicates the word irritates 38 percent of Americans.

The pollsters offered up five options for most annoying word or phrase: “Whatever,” ”No offense, but,” ”Ya know, right,” ”I can’t even” and “huge.”

“No offense, but” is second with 20 percent. In third place is, “You know, right,” which is irksome to 14 percent of people, tied with “I can’t even.” ”Huge” grates on the nerves of 8 percent.

“Whatever” is losing some steam, though. Last year it topped the list at 43 percent.

Age matters. Among Americans under 30, “I can’t even” takes top honors.

The Dec. 1-9 survey of 1,005 adults has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Does not seem like, nor feel like Thursday! My usual Thursday stuff, with the exception of getting the trash out for pickup, is all 'wrong'...like no gymnastics (school' out) and I didn't shop yesterday, so no 'old' discount for me when I go grocering (LOL!!! I thought I had a new word there, and the dictionaries gave me only one option...procuring...and you can't say they're wrong! I will go 'procuring' very shortly at Kroger and Publix! LOL! Gotta love spell check!
    Had a great time yesterday! Walked, looked, talked, ate, drank, etc...it was a good outing!

Roger, $0.99 if you and Brother, (BTW does 'brother' have a name or even an initial that we can use here?)... as I was saying, If you and Brother eat meat, and I know You do, then that is a great price on the Pork Shoulder! Hope one of you got to the store to get one. :)

Ed, glad you're back in GA...and our forecasted 60++ degrees for the holidays. Nap, feed the zoo animals, and back to bed! I'd have been walking thru the house in a fog trying not to trip over the cats, and wondering what else I was supposed to feed. Sugar Babies, maybe???

So my intention is to be in the Kroger store by/near 9 a.m. So I need to get moving along.

Have a great day...hope we all see some sunshine today...kinda 'iffy' here at the moment..but maybe!!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    At the Local Grocery Store I stop at when walking, I was handed a 5% discount key tag that can be used anytime so that was nice of the cashier that did it.

It is a Holiday Week coming up so no surprise that things are changed :)

M & I do eat meat however the freezer is bulging and He insists on Ham for Christmas Day as that is the family tradition. Not to mention we have a Entire Pork Loin in the freezer that we bought on sale at the same price. It may seem wrong but that will have a couple of boneless chops cut out of it and the rest turned into sausage.

I hope Your shopping went well
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Friday Morning!
    Got stuff working for me this morning..clothes in washer & dryer, and dishwasher running! Few hand washing things to do, and make myself a bowl of oatmeal with ground flax seed and blueberries with cinnamon. While that happens I'll do those dishes. (sounds like a good plan..we'll see!) I get into the kitchen, and I think of all sorts of things I can do.
    Found a recipe this morning that sounded interesting...tomato soup (which is dairy free) with garbanzo beans. Sounds good...curious about the dairy free tomato soup. Recipe has directions for the Instant Pot, so that may be what goes with lunch salad!

Lee-Ann, you sound awfully busy for a day off from school! How long will you have for 'winter vacation' this year? Our kids got out yesterday...a thing I'd forgotten, and there was extra confusion in the grocery store...teach me not to shop on my appointed Wednesday!! :)
    Glad your Mom can still get all her grands together to celebrate Hanukah dinner. I'm sure she enjoys that. Hope your weather stays 'nice', and not slippery. Grocery stores will be busy today, and I'd rather go without eating than have to go on Saturday!!! (and fasting is not my 'thing', believe me!)

Roger, sounds like you had a good walk, and I'm betting that unless I miss my math facts, that @ + 1 + 1 = 3 ???? LOL! Roger you don't do many typo's, (I on the other hand ....), so when I saw that you'd walked XX steps and @ cents I did have to giggle!

Ed, what does Eduardo's Christmas Day menu look like this year? You make everything look and sound so good. Also I sent you a photo of some extremely blue orchids...what's up with those? Did they breed in a new color, or is there some hocus-pocus going on with them? They are way over the top with color... I figured you or J would know about them???

Ok, tummy growling, fabric softener in washer, I think I need a breakfast break!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Been up for a while but catching up on stuff. Off to the endocrinologist this afternoon.

J did ensure that Eddie came home to a clean sink yesterday, which was nice, but of course never lasts long. After feeding the sugar gliders last night, and Lilo this morning (and picking up yesterday's bowl), and then breakfast this morning, the clean dishes need to be put away and the sink cleared again. Laundry is also in the cards for today. J is leaving to visit his mother and other family tomorrow, in a different part of Kentucky.

But...speaking of breakfast...Ham and eggs this morning. Fried ham. Fried Starne's barbecued ham. This is the first Christmas season I've managed to get some for the holiday in years. They sell it by the pound or by the ham. The WHOLE ham...but a friend of mine (oddly enough, when we lived in Memphis) who was also from Paducah used to send one of her helpers up to Paducah every Christmas season to buy a number of their whole barbecued hams, having the store cut them in half and re-wrap them, and then she gave out barbecued half hams to a bunch of friends every year and saved one, of course, for herself. I was one of the lucky recipients. She was Jewish...just not very Jewish when it came to food. LOL.

She died a couple of years before we left Memphis, though she had stopped giving the ham away at Christmas a year or two prior, when her health was declining rapidly. So I didn't count the years, but it has been a while since I had that special ham during the holiday season. I didn't need a whole ham so bought two pounds sliced. I already HAVE an official "Christmas" spiral sliced half ham in the fridge that I bought a while back, so didn't even need to buy a whole one and only keep half, though I can certainly think of a friend or two who wouldn't have minded taking half of one off my hands, or I could have wrapped it tightly and frozen it for another time. But ... I also already have two spiral sliced half hams in the freezer, in addition to the one in the fridge, so I really, really, don't need a whole lot more ham at all! I just wanted some of the special (and really, really delicious) ham for a special treat that brings back great memories of Jo. She was quite a lady. Did I mention that the whole barbecue hams cost upward of $60 apiece? That may sound a little pricy, and I guess it is, but WORTH IT. Yes, they are that good. To be honest, I've seen other, pricier hams, that seriously could not compete.

My mother is enjoying the three Kringle that I sent her, which remind her of one of her cousins who used to bring them from Wisconsin during the holidays. In Memphis I had a friend who gave those out at Christmas every year too, and after he passed on I continued that tradition for Jo, the ham giver, as she was fond of the Kringle and they brought back memories of our mutual friend. I also gave her a pound of very sharp, aged white Cheddar from Wisconsin which she liked to use to make Welsh Rarebit. She was always trying to give us food whenever we came by, and always had some fresh baked good (gave J a whole rum nut cake every Christmas, since he doesn't eat ham...he generously shared the cake with me) and then made sure we had the recipe, so we could make our own when she was no longer able to provide. We have made it twice. Actually, three times, as one year we made one for J to bring back and share with his mother and the family there.

The season is certainly a time for memories!

Need to get Eddie on those dishes...
    Hi Ed
    If I'm interpreting that properly, first it is turned into a Ham and then that is Barbecued?
    It does sound somewhat pricey to me. That was a nice thing for Her to do. My Brother goes into a frenzy of baking each Christmas Holiday to hand out to friends and Neighbors.

Not to mention that "Three Kringle" is a new one to me. Can I impose and ask what that is?

Rum Nut Cake sounds delicious too.
    I found this one with a Internet search, is it similar?
    http://www.food.com/recipe/bacardi-rum-cake-14499
    Is anybody out there?
    Hi, I'm here, I must have gotten on before You on Thursday :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Yes, Ed/Eddie/Eduardo (I want to reach all of them!), someone is out there! I guess I completely missed stopping by yesterday. Was doing some last minute errands for the holiday. We have the family Hanukah party tomorrow (Saturday), so I needed to get things finished for that.

Hanukah is not a major holiday, but the timing near Christmas elevates it a bit. With schools closed and people traveling, my mom tries to get grandchildren together for a party - so the Hanukah party is about the timing more than anything.

I know I have to do some major food shopping, but anytime between now and Christmas? Ouch...the market will be too crowded!

Think I will keep moving, and check in with you folks later.

Stay warm - and remember, the days are now getting longer, so summer must be just around the corner!
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    Nice and convenient that Christmas and the start of Hanukah coincide this year. That does make it easy to get everybody together :)

My Brother is planning to go to the grocery store today too, I do not know what we Need, What he is going for are not needs, they are more of a that would be nice to have. The On Sale Lower Sodium Ham, Potatoes - Both for baking for me and for boiling and mashing for him are bought. I got Frozen vegetables at CostCo yesterday along with Gala Apples. We baked a small 6" Mince Meat Pie, On his list to buy is Whipping Cream since He will not use Canned Whip Cream although I am fine with using it o:) We also have some Home Made Fruit Cake small loafs or Muffins we can have for dessert and there are CranBerries in the produce drawer to be cooked up yet.

Have a Nice Day, Stay Warm
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2016
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Making a pork loin into sausage does sound "wrong" but on the other hand it should make some really great, and tender, sausage! The last time I made sausage I used generic, store brand, lean ground pork. It was so lean that it really could have used a bit of larding to give a bit more fat to carry flavor! But the sausage tasted OK, and at least it was low fat.

Kringle is an oval ring of pastry, with various fillings, and usually frosted, but not always, made year round now but especially at the end of the year. I sent my mother THREE of them, with different fillings and toppings.

The family that was there in Paducah had a bit of an early Christmas for me. I received a "pound of bacon" Christmas ornament, as they know how much I love bacon, and a mug that says "BACON gives me a reason to get out of bed" along with a collectible beer mug from Dad's collection that Mom is distributing, a cake (from Mom), some sugar free candy from a sister, J was sent an amaryllis and some maple fudge bars. In addition I got a ceramic spoon rest looking like a small pan of bacon and an egg, and some felt penguin ornaments, because I like penguins.

When I got back, the BEST present was ready. New wedding bands. My old band (20+ years old) had been ruined in a disastrous resizing years ago, and the mate was lost over a year ago when placed in a pocket for safekeeping once and, presumably, fell out in a public place while removing something else from that pocket. After selling the house in Memphis, the money was available for replacement. Design was carefully specified to be as close to the original as possible. Duplication was not possible, but it's close. The original was sold back to offset a bit of the cost, and will be smelted and re-used for some new piece by the jeweler. The new ring is 14K and designed to be a bit more comfortable than the old one, and thicker. The old set was what I could afford at the time and looked nice when new, but was quite thin and sometimes felt like it was somewhat cutting in, though it was not really cutting. The edge tended to catch easily on things as well, partly because of that thinness. The new one, being thicker, and with a slightly rounded edge, could still catch but not as easily.

Interestingly, the jeweler's mark is a star of David with what looks like the letter I (for Izzy? The jeweler's first name?) in the center of the star.

Which reminds me, Happy Hanukkah, Lee! (however you spell that...I've seen so many alternates)

Since we designed it special, and they were hand etched, it's a unique set that no one else in the world will have, though they may have something somewhat similar. The jeweler says that after making them, the mold was destroyed. They liked them so much they said they intended to use a picture of them on their revamped web page as a sample of their work!

So here's the best Christmas present ever:

20161223_092749_zpsznc4ang2.jpg

• parityanimal
    Eduardo's plan for Christmas dinner is somewhat laid back.

A spiral slice, glazed ham. The glaze packet that comes with the ham will be jazzed up with a bit of ginger, some black pepper, and perhaps some mustard.

Scalloped or Au Gratin potatoes.

Steamed broccoli OR steamed green beans, lightly buttered.

Possibly the remaining cranberry relish from Thanksgiving, which is in the deep freeze.

A rather expensive bottle of Cabernet Franc, from the Montaluce winery in Dahlonega. I have had some of their Malbec and it was excellent. This Cabernet Franc was nearly twice what I paid for the Malbec when I bought that, and the Malbec was a bit on the expensive side by my pricing standards...so yes, this is a rather expensive bottle. It better be good or I will NEVER buy or recommend their wine again.

Dessert will either be some kind of purchased sweet bite sized things or Eduardo might be persuaded to make some cookies with reduced sugar but not really "low" sugar...including chocolate chips and red and green M&Ms in a chocolate dough with pecan pieces...so eating ONE or maybe even TWO cookies won't be TOO much of a calorie/carb hit...

• GardenKatGardens
    Glad I came back!
    I had to google Kringles the other day when you mentioned them! Sounds delicious!
    I love your new rings! They are awesome! Glad they came for Christmas!
    Cookies sound good...maybe too good? Keep those tempting gems on YOUR side of the county! :wink:
    Ok, I've eaten, need to fold laundry, move laundry to dryer, etc.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • parityanimal
    Update:

Dessert will be Christmas cookies. First batch (minus one) cooling now...

20161223_121408_zpserxvm2hy.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh delicious orbs of chocolateness!!!!!!
  • parityanimal
    Oh delicious orbs of chocolateness!!!!!!

Hershey's "Special Dark" cocoa used to make them! And stevia baking mix. They're just a tad crumbly, but at least that little bit of sugar was saved...I'm afraid the chocolate chips and the M&Ms and the whole stick of butter are all too real! At least the pecan chips are low carb. Still, with cookies one can easily control how much dessert one eats. Of course I had to try one as soon as Eduardo put the first batch on the rack to cool.

J had one too and said they are good.