Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Here is a mixed bag of images, Enjoy

PPeMSj.jpg

p4WyRw.jpg

Xd7ve9.jpg

SKPhnw.gif

2me4es.gif

yp9PEj.jpg
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Well, it's near the end of another day.

Eddie did get out to shop today and bought lunch while out, from Kentucky Fried Taco Bell.

Eduardo decided it was time for another spicy roasted veggie gratin, utilizing available veggies from the crisper, as always, and made some Thousand Island type dressing for two side salads too. All together that made a very nice dinner for us.

Now I need to go see if there's anything in the mailbox.

• parityanimal
    Review: The latest formulation of Diet Pepsi (Caffeine Free)...

Best tasting one yet. I rarely drink sodas but the **NOW ASPARTAME FREE** notice on the package caught my eye. It's sweetened with sucralose and acesulfame potassium now. I believe the prior version was aspartame and acesulfame potassium. Definitely less, if any, aftertaste and it tastes nice and sweet. I would drink it again, and will, since I bought a 12 pack as a holiday treat for myself.

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning Folks,

It is a 4-letter "S" day today...SNOW! Like I said...I am hibernating. I have lots of baking to do today. It is Marc's (my husband) birthday dinner with the kids. He turned 65 on Thursday. So I am making the traditional 3-layer birthday cake (his request), but I am also making the chocolate chip sponge cake. The birthday cake has lots of butter and milk, which one of the kids can't have, so I am making the other cake so she can enjoy the celebration - and she can take that home with her (no leftovers to tempt me here). Baking begins as soon as everyone wakes up,so the mixer doesn't wake anyone.

Roger, you are correct, that the NS support got me to a good point. But my favorite food was discontinued - the breakfast burrito (a frozen food). Once they stopped that, I found I could do home substitutions. Of course, something is not working right, as I am finding 7 pounds (of about 30) have returned. I tell myself it is also age, and reduced exercise. I have traded my exercise for the work, especially the schooling. I am looking into making a waling desk, if I can do that cheaply, since I spend so much time on the computer for work.

Ed/Eddie?Eduardo - Kentucky Fried Taco Bel...I actually think I have seen locations that combine these. As for soda, I stopped drinking all soda on June 16, 2006. Until that day I wasp to 2-20 ounce bottles of diet Coke. When I realized what that much soda was doing to me, especially in terms of bone density, I quit cold-turkey. If I could drink just a little and not creep back to that much, I might try it again, but I know me!

Take care...and say out of the snow,
    Lee-Ann
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Rain coming here, and considering our rain deficit, rain will not be considered a 4 letter word. The 4 letter 'S' word however is nearly always a bad thing! :)
    Your baking sounds interesting. I would love the cake, but, it loves me and never wants to leave! I feel for the daughter with dairy issues. Long term issues with dairy...and in the 60's I'd never even heard of lactose, lactase, or 'lactose intolerance'. I just knew what the consequences of eating them was....and cheese WAS my fav. food group!!! :)
    Intersting that you're battling 7 pounds of 30. Cuz the battle here is 25 pounds of 100. Don't know about you, but I intend to win! in my own kitchen. :)

Hair day, Saturday, rain...should be an interesting trip to ATL. today. Not even planning to go to mid town neither for Whole Foods or even my usual Hair day/lunch with my youngest. Not in the mood for traffic or rain.

Tom E Cat took 'official selfies' last night...um huh, yes he did, while rocking on my lap. So I promptly sent them to my sons! They are Not cat guys. Nor are their dogs! LOL! I notice there was no response from either of them. Probably a bag of coal and sticks for me for Christmas!

Off to the kitchen. Yesterday I ran out of time, and didn't get to eat my sautéed greens. So I am making breakfast a priority this morning, and I need to buy gas as well. Arg!

Roger, I suggested to one brother that the other brother might like rechargeable hand warmers for Christmas. Bro 1 asked if I had any ideas...and since Bro2 like you walks a lot (with the white Husky), I thought that might be a nice gift. We'll see.

Ed...has Eduardo mentioned whats for eats today? :) I love your running menu ideas, and pictures, with food reviews! Now, if I could just turn you into a Vegan, boy howdy would I have it made!!! :) Bet you're also baking today? I think if I was going to be home, I'd be roasting a pan of vegetables in the oven...ummmm, can almost smell the rosemary, garlic, and thyme....Ok...it off to the kitchen for

Oh my! this was interrupted by a phone call from DS2...
    "Guess what I just saw in Piedmont Park?"...well, you never know what you might see there, so I guessed an antelope..:) A Coyote, just having a walk in the park, not mindful of either people or Maya, trotted out onto the soccer fields, and sat down. A guy and dog (off leash, but trained) came out from apartments to play Frisbee with his dog, and the coyote watched for awhile, then moseyed off. City Animals!!! LOL!!!! (would be a bad time for kitties to be in the park hunting for mice though)

Ok....now I'm late....

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 24 degrees with a little breeze, Being crazy I walked in the snow for 6.1K steps. That is 3/4 of my goal step count, however I turned for home when the falling snow started turning to rain. It looks like around 1 inch of snow. I geared up for the walk with Insulated Boots, Rain gear from head to toe.

My latest NS order had changes from what I ordered, All of the Protein Shakes have now been discontinued. They replaced the 2 Protein Shake Classic Combo-28 pack $51.50 I had ordered with TurboShake Chocolate and Vanilla - 28 packs $79.98. Needless to say I will not be reordering them at that price. I need to investigate and see if I got them at the old price vs the new price. Then also replaced the Bean Bolognese with Cheese Tortellini. I also did not get a replacement for the Coffee Protein shake as it was A La Carte and they had no direct substitute, I called and complained about that. It appears that I will be buying ready to drink Protein shakes via CostCo and the grocery store since two flavors from NS and a higher price too :(
    Several items are showing Low inventory including the two that they substituted.

I Will be updating more of the new food items here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
    I have reviewed Four items already and more are started with information and no review so I can update them later

Here it is almost Christmas already with next Saturday being Christmas Eve
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Review: The latest formulation of Diet Pepsi (Caffeine Free)...

Best tasting one yet. I rarely drink sodas but the **NOW ASPARTAME FREE** notice on the package caught my eye. It's sweetened with sucralose and acesulfame potassium now. I believe the prior version was aspartame and acesulfame potassium. Definitely less, if any, aftertaste and it tastes nice and sweet. I would drink it again, and will, since I bought a 12 pack as a holiday treat for myself.
    Hi Ed
    I agree that the Diet Pepsi is better now too. My Brother picked up two six packs of the 7.5 ounce size of each of the Regular Diet and the Caffeine free version when they were on sale for me. I find that the 7.5 Ounce size is enough for me. OTOH I was never a big soda drinker. Even when I could usually have free soda or coffee when delivering to fast food places I usually stuck with Black Coffee or Seltzer Water AKA Club Soda. All the places I went to had a way to draw the soda without the syrup :)

Enjoy Your Treat
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks,

It is a 4-letter "S" day today...SNOW! Like I said...I am hibernating. I have lots of baking to do today. It is Marc's (my husband) birthday dinner with the kids. He turned 65 on Thursday. So I am making the traditional 3-layer birthday cake (his request), but I am also making the chocolate chip sponge cake. The birthday cake has lots of butter and milk, which one of the kids can't have, so I am making the other cake so she can enjoy the celebration - and she can take that home with her (no leftovers to tempt me here). Baking begins as soon as everyone wakes up,so the mixer doesn't wake anyone.

Roger, you are correct, that the NS support got me to a good point. But my favorite food was discontinued - the breakfast burrito (a frozen food). Once they stopped that, I found I could do home substitutions. Of course, something is not working right, as I am finding 7 pounds (of about 30) have returned. I tell myself it is also age, and reduced exercise. I have traded my exercise for the work, especially the schooling. I am looking into making a waling desk, if I can do that cheaply, since I spend so much time on the computer for work.

Ed/Eddie?Eduardo - Kentucky Fried Taco Bel...I actually think I have seen locations that combine these. As for soda, I stopped drinking all soda on June 16, 2006. Until that day I wasp to 2-20 ounce bottles of diet Coke. When I realized what that much soda was doing to me, especially in terms of bone density, I quit cold-turkey. If I could drink just a little and not creep back to that much, I might try it again, but I know me!

Take care...and say out of the snow,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    Snow here too, turning to rain and hopefully it all melts away and since the temperatures are forecast to rise overnight into Sunday not freeze on the ground so I can get out walking tomorrow for a normal length walk. I am high on the total step count for the week.

It seems as if some of their poor decisions are still ongoing for example with the Replacement of Protein shakes with the higher cost, higher calorie Turbo Shakes :(

That's funny, the breakfast burrito was not a favorite of mine :)

When in NYC they often combine several fast food brands in one location. That makes a sense given Manhattan rents and that they are all owned by one company. It probably simplifies deliveries too.

I suspect that is why they sell small sizes in the Sodas too. Better sales of smaller than no sale.

What A nice thing to do, making two cakes so everybody can have the type they prefer.

Too late to stay out of the snow :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Saturday Morning!
    Rain coming here, and considering our rain deficit, rain will not be considered a 4 letter word. The 4 letter 'S' word however is nearly always a bad thing! :)
    Your baking sounds interesting. I would love the cake, but, it loves me and never wants to leave! I feel for the daughter with dairy issues. Long term issues with dairy...and in the 60's I'd never even heard of lactose, lactase, or 'lactose intolerance'. I just knew what the consequences of eating them was....and cheese WAS my fav. food group!!! :)
    Intersting that you're battling 7 pounds of 30. Cuz the battle here is 25 pounds of 100. Don't know about you, but I intend to win! in my own kitchen. :)
    Hi Valerie
    I have seen the results of snow and ice on the Atlanta area roads, It was not a pretty picture.
    I'm not surprised that You are happy with rain, how much deficit is left?

I want to lose 1.5 pounds again prior to the Christmas and New Years Day Holiday meals. that would take me back down to my lowest weight which was below where I had set my goal weight however so no biggie. I got there prior to the Thanksgiving meals.
    Hair day, Saturday, rain...should be an interesting trip to ATL. today. Not even planning to go to mid town neither for Whole Foods or even my usual Hair day/lunch with my youngest. Not in the mood for traffic or rain.

Tom E Cat took 'official selfies' last night...um huh, yes he did, while rocking on my lap. So I promptly sent them to my sons! They are Not cat guys. Nor are their dogs! LOL! I notice there was no response from either of them. Probably a bag of coal and sticks for me for Christmas!

Off to the kitchen. Yesterday I ran out of time, and didn't get to eat my sautéed greens. So I am making breakfast a priority this morning, and I need to buy gas as well. Arg!

Roger, I suggested to one brother that the other brother might like rechargeable hand warmers for Christmas. Bro 1 asked if I had any ideas...and since Bro2 like you walks a lot (with the white Husky), I thought that might be a nice gift. We'll see.
    Well the Electric hand warmers work best with Mittens for the fingers, Maybe he'd like the electrically heated gloves better? The hand warmers were somewhat cheaper FWIW via Amazon.

I prefer not to be out in rain or snow driving too and I am happy that I do not have to do that these days.
    Did Tom E Cat take them or did You help :)
    Ed...has Eduardo mentioned whats for eats today? :) I love your running menu ideas, and pictures, with food reviews! Now, if I could just turn you into a Vegan, boy howdy would I have it made!!! :) Bet you're also baking today? I think if I was going to be home, I'd be roasting a pan of vegetables in the oven...ummmm, can almost smell the rosemary, garlic, and thyme....Ok...it off to the kitchen for

Oh my! this was interrupted by a phone call from DS2...
    "Guess what I just saw in Piedmont Park?"...well, you never know what you might see there, so I guessed an antelope..:) A Coyote, just having a walk in the park, not mindful of either people or Maya, trotted out onto the soccer fields, and sat down. A guy and dog (off leash, but trained) came out from apartments to play Frisbee with his dog, and the coyote watched for awhile, then moseyed off. City Animals!!! LOL!!!! (would be a bad time for kitties to be in the park hunting for mice though)

Ok....now I'm late....

Later...

They were lucky as I understand Coyotes love Dog Food so to speak. Actually they like most small to medium pets sadly. Not to mention as You said Urban Coyotes are not afraid of people.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Rainy today, which is good.

I've been up for hours but spent over an hour and a half of that time on the phone with CVS/Caremark trying to work out why my web page dashboard is missing two very important buttons, one of which is the button that lets me order new/refill mail order prescriptions!

I can review existing prescriptions, and check the status of current orders, even see information on things that required pre-authorization, so it clearly knows it is ME or it wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be showing me all this personal information. Just won't let me into the ordering side. Very frustrating.

The person I talked to was unable to fix the situation but we did, in the interval, get my two prescriptions I needed ordered, reset my password for logging directly in to the CVS/Caremark site (which had not been working either), rather than always connecting via the Blue Cross site, but she figured that part out, and corrected NORCROSS to PEACHTREE CORNERS in my address, which hadn't been working for me, but did for her.

Oddly enough, the CVS/Caremark app for my phone, now that I got my password reset, DOES allow me, apparently, to order prescriptions, but I should be able to do that via the web site too.

I ended up sending a query, via the web site, explaining which buttons were missing from my dashboard, and asking for help.

And of course I thanked the young lady who spent an hour and a half trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Today, Eduardo will be cooking either baked beans or a spicy cheesy hash brown casserole to bring to a Christmas party/dinner with probably around 30 people, all bringing food. Deciding which will be done later.

Now that Eddie has the sink cleared, I may go back to bed. That hour and a half phone call gave me a bit of a headache.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi again!
    Rain pretty much was either mist or drizzle, so I lucked out on that score. Ended up going to Midtown and spent time with DS2 after all! We ate, watched a hockey game... fixed a simple step for me to use in the kitchen..(being short is a pain), played with his dog, etc.
    Got a text from the gym manager, she said she had something for me if I'd stop by to pick it up. So I let her know I would, but that at the moment I was in ATL...
    I'm just blown away....
    It was a gift card to Publix for $50.00, saying Merry Christmas and just to let you know how much we appreciate you. (I haven't worked there for nearly 2 years!) I musta done something right! Actually they're two really nice guys, and have great families...they're the age of my 'boys', and so we 'connected' on several levels. I just can't get over them still remembering me with a gift.

Tom E. cat probably won't be taking any more 'selfies' as DS2 was a bit 'sarcastic' about the whole thing.... I personally thought it was funny! Oh, well.......

Ed, hope you had a good nap, Roger glad you got some steps in before the rains. Maya is a pretty big Husky, its the little dogs that I'd worry about with the Coyote in the park. (and cats or young small children....

Lee-Ann hope the cakes both came out perfect, and that the birthday boy enjoyed your special efforts! 65, he's just a kid!!!

I have some 'creamer' potatoes, assorted colors that I picked up at Kroger on Wednesday..tomorrow morning, since I have a large serving of greens & beans from this mornings cooking, tomorrow, I am making Crash Hot Potatoes! I double checked the recipe, and will copy paste it here. when I make mine in the morning I will use the Follow Your Heart parm. cheese,

The recipe goes like this...
    "I don't even know where I found this , but like the writter, I have to rave about them! They ARE Delicious!!! Make fun snacks for a football game, or whatever… let me know what you think of them if you do try them!

These were the most delicious potatoes I've ever had, I swear! In Australia their called Crash Hot Potatoes, I don't know why. whatever the name, they were SO awesome! And super simple,
    just boil some baby potatoes (I used red) until fork tender.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
    Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet, set potatoes on sheet and using a potato masher, gently smash each potato down, rotating masher both ways (so it looks like a thick cookie).
    Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt/pepper and sprinkle cut fresh herbs and garlic over each. THEN top with some lovely grated Parmesan cheese. (nutritional yeast)

Bake for 20 minutes. OMG...crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, salty, garlicky, herby and cheesy goodness. I need to make more now!!

Thats the recipe...are you hungry yet? :) Like the person who posted this, I don't know why they're called that, and they really are delicious!

Mañana...
  • Leemom3
    Hi All,

Val, that is some talented cat doing a selfie! He must have big paws to be able to hold the camera phone and push the button :) . The cakes were delicious, but the daughter left to go back to her apartment mid-day and intended to return for dinner - by then, the roads had re-iced, so she did not make it back. She is coming back today, so I can give her the cake today. I also made prime rib (sorry - I know you are vegetarian) at my husband's request. I never made this before, but it was on sale last week. I found an incredibly easy recipe - and it was delicious. I had a request to make it again, and it is still on sale this week. May do it as a going away dinner for my daughter before she leaves for Thailand in 2 weeks.

Roger, interesting that NS discontinued to protein shales in favor of the more expensive turbo shakes. I had tasted them when I retried NS last year, but found them too sweet. I order shales made by a company called Wonderslim. The prices are very reasonable, they have a large assortment of flavors, and they really are good. The nutrition stats are similar to the NS original shakes. The website is Wonderslim.com. They sell by powder or completely mixed.

Ed, how frustrating about the prescription issue. When experiencing something like that I have to remind myself that computers are making our lives easier - sure that are! Hopefully things are resolved by now.

Here's hoping the day is a bit warmer,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

We ended up with 22 people at the party last night. It's a good thing I brought a vegetarian casserole, as it was all that J ate any of. There were desserts available that he could have eaten, but he declined, having a second helping of my casserole instead.

Had there been any vegans there was precious little for them. Romaine leaves and fruit was about it. Maybe some crackers. I didn't read the labels on the cracker boxes...

The main dishes were honey baked ham and honey baked turkey breast. I brought a little of each home so guess what I had for breakfast?

Here's what my...er I mean Eduardo's...casserole looked like when we left:

20161217_192447_zps5mxjxnzg.jpg

So...I'd say it was a success. LOL.

Very tasty, but definitely NOT diet food. I ate some anyway, just not nearly as much as J did. One other guy was crazy about it, went back several times for more, and asked me for the recipe, which I didn't have with me, written down, but I gave him the gist of it. Here's the recipe though, as taken from Eduardo's recipe file.
    Spicy Cheesy Fiesta Hash Brown Casserole

Preheat oven to 425

Ingredients:

For the sauce:

About 1/4 cup instant chopped/minced onion (or 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup fresh)
    About 1/4 cup dehydrated chopped bell pepper (or 1/2 cup fresh)
    About 1 Tablespoon dehydrated chopped jalapeño, or 2 fresh, chopped (optional, if you like a little more heat)
    About 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
    (Reconstitute dehydrated vegetables in about 3/4 cup boiling water for 3 minutes. Add the garlic powder in with them if desired.)

16 oz (one pound, half a big box) Kroger Nice’n Cheesy Queso Blanco with Jalapeños
    1 stick (1/4 pound) butter or margarine. Butter is recommended.
    1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
    Up to 1/2 can (use the mushroom soup can) of whole milk***if using fresh onion and/or peppers, decrease or omit milk, as the fresh vegetables will add liquid from their water content****
    3/4 cup whole fat plain Greek yogurt

Potatoes:

1 bag Kroger frozen Country Style Hash Browns (shredded potatoes)

Topping:

1 can (6 oz) Kroger French Fried Onions

The pan:

One aluminum foil Roaster/Baker pan, 11 3/4 inch x 9 3/8 inch x 2 5/16 inch, with sides slanted slightly outward. Pan with plastic cover is nice, but not required.

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425. I know I already said that but make sure!

Reconstitute any dried veggies, as detailed above.

Place all the ingredients for the sauce EXCEPT THE YOGURT in a large bowl, cubing the cheese. Microwave on high for about 5 minutes. Stir. If there are still large lumps of cheese, stir them down, and break them up. Microwave a couple of minutes longer, and stir to ensure the cheese is all melted.

Whisk in the yogurt.

Spread the potatoes in the baking pan. Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and stir that all together well. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 425 for 1 hour.

Remove from oven. Uncover, and spread the can of French fried onion on top.

Return to hot oven and bake for about 5 minutes to brown and crisp up the French fried onions just a bit.

Remove from oven. Turn oven off. Turn oven light off. You know you turned it on, even though I didn’t tell you to…

Let the casserole stand for at least 15 minutes to cool slightly and for the sauce to thicken a bit more. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Serves… Oh, about 20 to 25 as a side dish, depending on how big a serving anyone takes.

Now, if you can't GET the Kroger cheese with jalapeños, then you can use Velveeta queso blanco (without jalapeños) and add in some quantity of jalapeños yourself, or if you'd rather it not be spicy, then just use the queso blanco without. I'm sure it would still be tasty, but we really like the extra kick.

Well, got to get packing to head to Kentucky today for a short, pre-Christmas visit with family there.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door it was showing 36 degrees with snow still on the ground and sidewalks in places and of course Fog with visibility of 0.3 miles according to the 6AM News12 Weather report. I walked 8.5K steps and 2 cents as well as stopping at the Grocery Store for 3 Bananas and 3 Pink Lady Apples + 1 Honey Crisp. A little before I hit the Midpoint of my walk it started drizzling and by the midpoint it was raining steady and continued for the balance of my walk.
    Tomorrow may be different as it is supposed to be much colder overnight and if things do not dry off they will be ice and I am not crazy enough to walk on ice.

I Will be updating the food reviews group here later
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews
    I will be updating the last Two new items that I received in this last delivery.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2016
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Rainy today, which is good.

I've been up for hours but spent over an hour and a half of that time on the phone with CVS/Caremark trying to work out why my web page dashboard is missing two very important buttons, one of which is the button that lets me order new/refill mail order prescriptions!

I can review existing prescriptions, and check the status of current orders, even see information on things that required pre-authorization, so it clearly knows it is ME or it wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be showing me all this personal information. Just won't let me into the ordering side. Very frustrating.

The person I talked to was unable to fix the situation but we did, in the interval, get my two prescriptions I needed ordered, reset my password for logging directly in to the CVS/Caremark site (which had not been working either), rather than always connecting via the Blue Cross site, but she figured that part out, and corrected NORCROSS to PEACHTREE CORNERS in my address, which hadn't been working for me, but did for her.

Oddly enough, the CVS/Caremark app for my phone, now that I got my password reset, DOES allow me, apparently, to order prescriptions, but I should be able to do that via the web site too.

I ended up sending a query, via the web site, explaining which buttons were missing from my dashboard, and asking for help.

And of course I thanked the young lady who spent an hour and a half trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Today, Eduardo will be cooking either baked beans or a spicy cheesy hash brown casserole to bring to a Christmas party/dinner with probably around 30 people, all bringing food. Deciding which will be done later.

Now that Eddie has the sink cleared, I may go back to bed. That hour and a half phone call gave me a bit of a headache.
    Hi Ed
    Ain't technology Wonderful :(
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

We ended up with 22 people at the party last night. It's a good thing I brought a vegetarian casserole, as it was all that J ate any of. There were desserts available that he could have eaten, but he declined, having a second helping of my casserole instead.

Had there been any vegans there was precious little for them. Romaine leaves and fruit was about it. Maybe some crackers. I didn't read the labels on the cracker boxes...

The main dishes were honey baked ham and honey baked turkey breast. I brought a little of each home so guess what I had for breakfast?
    Snipped

Well, got to get packing to head to Kentucky today for a short, pre-Christmas visit with family there.
    Considering I love Honey Roasted Ham & Turkey I would have done the same.

Enjoy Your Visit
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi again!
    Rain pretty much was either mist or drizzle, so I lucked out on that score. Ended up going to Midtown and spent time with DS2 after all! We ate, watched a hockey game... fixed a simple step for me to use in the kitchen..(being short is a pain), played with his dog, etc.
    Got a text from the gym manager, she said she had something for me if I'd stop by to pick it up. So I let her know I would, but that at the moment I was in ATL...
    I'm just blown away....
    It was a gift card to Publix for $50.00, saying Merry Christmas and just to let you know how much we appreciate you. (I haven't worked there for nearly 2 years!) I musta done something right! Actually they're two really nice guys, and have great families...they're the age of my 'boys', and so we 'connected' on several levels. I just can't get over them still remembering me with a gift.
    Hi Valerie
    They really appreciated You from the sound of it. I know You can use that card too.
    I had to send a email to my sister telling her not to text as we are on a no text plan and any text costs extra money on the Phone bill. I really need to go to the Verizon office and have texting turned off on this phone as now and then I get a Spam text.
    Tom E. cat probably won't be taking any more 'selfies' as DS2 was a bit 'sarcastic' about the whole thing.... I personally thought it was funny! Oh, well.......

Ed, hope you had a good nap, Roger glad you got some steps in before the rains. Maya is a pretty big Husky, its the little dogs that I'd worry about with the Coyote in the park. (and cats or young small children....

Lee-Ann hope the cakes both came out perfect, and that the birthday boy enjoyed your special efforts! 65, he's just a kid!!!

I have some 'creamer' potatoes, assorted colors that I picked up at Kroger on Wednesday..tomorrow morning, since I have a large serving of greens & beans from this mornings cooking, tomorrow, I am making Crash Hot Potatoes! I double checked the recipe, and will copy paste it here. when I make mine in the morning I will use the Follow Your Heart parm. cheese,

The recipe goes like this...
    "I don't even know where I found this , but like the writer, I have to rave about them! They ARE Delicious!!! Make fun snacks for a football game, or whatever… let me know what you think of them if you do try them!

These were the most delicious potatoes I've ever had, I swear! In Australia their called Crash Hot Potatoes, I don't know why. whatever the name, they were SO awesome! And super simple,
    just boil some baby potatoes (I used red) until fork tender.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
    Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet, set potatoes on sheet and using a potato masher, gently smash each potato down, rotating masher both ways (so it looks like a thick cookie).
    Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt/pepper and sprinkle cut fresh herbs and garlic over each. THEN top with some lovely grated Parmesan cheese. (nutritional yeast)

Bake for 20 minutes. OMG...crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, salty, garlicky, herby and cheesy goodness. I need to make more now!!

Thats the recipe...are you hungry yet? :) Like the person who posted this, I don't know why they're called that, and they really are delicious!

Mañana...
    They do sound delicious if somewhat high calorie.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Val, that is some talented cat doing a selfie! He must have big paws to be able to hold the camera phone and push the button :) . The cakes were delicious, but the daughter left to go back to her apartment mid-day and intended to return for dinner - by then, the roads had re-iced, so she did not make it back. She is coming back today, so I can give her the cake today. I also made prime rib (sorry - I know you are vegetarian) at my husband's request. I never made this before, but it was on sale last week. I found an incredibly easy recipe - and it was delicious. I had a request to make it again, and it is still on sale this week. May do it as a going away dinner for my daughter before she leaves for Thailand in 2 weeks.

Roger, interesting that NS discontinued to protein shakes in favor of the more expensive turbo shakes. I had tasted them when I retried NS last year, but found them too sweet. I order shakes made by a company called Wonderslim. The prices are very reasonable, they have a large assortment of flavors, and they really are good. The nutrition stats are similar to the NS original shakes. The website is Wonderslim.com. They sell by powder or completely mixed.

Ed, how frustrating about the prescription issue. When experiencing something like that I have to remind myself that computers are making our lives easier - sure that are! Hopefully things are resolved by now.

Here's hoping the day is a bit warmer,
    Lee-Ann
    Hi Lee-Ann
    On a dollar to dollar the Wonderslim Shales are a little higher in cost than the Now discontinued NS Protein Shakes, however the way I was buying them at around 48% of list between the 20% discount + the savings from using the On sale price NS Gift cards from CostCo they end up significantly higher in cost. I think the ready to drink Protein shakes from CostCo end up cheaper too. I Need to research prices :)

Today is Roast Prime Rib day at the Diner... I am so tempted too since the Scale was kind to me this past week.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    3RJZ7h.gif

LXXKgn.jpg

tkSPRO.gif

YhOmtR.gif

QjdWzl.gif

355zJC.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Ed, have a safe trip home for your visit. Loved reading your recipe. NMF (Not My Food) but when I got to the part about turning off the oven light I lost it!

AND some day I will learn not to eat or drink while looking at Roger's comics. I almost spit breakfast on my computer over the little girl telling the difference between 'lay' and 'lie'!!

It was 66 degrees when I woke (late) this morning!!! A bit foggy, but not windy, which surprised me as we were under a wind advisory til 10 a.m....had the back door open, felt good. Then after 9:30 the wind did pick up..and it tried, I mean tried to rain...just didn't happen. Driveway not quite wet... Roger I will check on our rain totals for the year, but except for 2 weeks ago we really haven't had rain...they forecast rain, we get an hour or so of misty drizzle. So, no, we're still severely dry down here.

Lee-Ann, don't worry about mentioning meat and seafood. It doesn't bother me. Post pictures of cheesy pizza and I might gripe a bit though! :)

Ok, finished my breakfast, time to get dressed and on with this day!

Later...
  • Leemom3
    Hi All,

Ed, I would say the casserole looked delicious - but there was nothing to see! That must mean it really was delicious.

Val, got it - no dairy in our discussions!

Roger, if Costco has protein shakes (premixed or powder) that is probably a great place to get them. I have found Costco very accommodating to take returns. If you try their shakes and don;t like them, you have nothing to lose since that will take them back. As for Wonderslim, sometimes they have a sale. If I see one, I will let you know.

Heading to north Jersey office today - and not happy in the cold! Take care all,
    Lee-Ann