Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed if your still hanging out here...we are under a tornado weather watch. (til 6p) Other areas south west of us have tornado warning, and its coming our way....
    And if you have big trees like I do, tornado aside, wind gusts up to 70 miles an hour.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi...
    Well this day looks like its going to be interesting.
    I forgot to go to Costco yesterday, so I HAD to go today as I was out of my BP med..arg. But, it stayed dry...and I ran into Publix cuz I wanted some arugula and they didn't have any at Kroger yesterday...also picked up the Follow Your Heart Am. cheese, and another of the smoked gouda!
    Soon to head for lunch...its in the kitchen needing to be put together and heated!

Again Roger great cartoons...especially the socks going into the washer! I needed that when the boys were little.

Hungry...going to go fix lunch before I blow away or get squashed by a pine tree!!

Later...

• GardenKatGardens
    Several tornado's in area. All well here, my kids and grands (except for DS1) have all been in the direct line of the tornado's in their areas.
    Jack will be traveling home thru a good bit of these areas...he should have interesting ride home. (One of the reporters out and about showed an intersection and it wasn't that the traffic lights weren't working...they were GONE. They'd been blown off the lines!!! Hope they didn't hit anything like people in cars, etc.
    Ed...P'Tree Corners were mentioned as being in a line of tornado...hope all is well for you and your house.

So far I've had almost an inch of rain, and its still raining. My plants are smiling!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Everything seems fine here, and haven't even heard any sirens, but I was taking a nap for part of the time.

Now I have to see if Superman (1948 theater serial) can save Lois and recover the kryptonite stolen from the museum.

• parityanimal
    Haha! Eduardo didn't sneak any turkey out of the freezer today! I'm sure tomorrow will see some turkey noodle soup or something though.

The vegan, curried kabocha squash soup turned out absolutely delicious.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Looks like our little bit of rain is done, but we appreciate what we got.

Finished off the curried kabocha squash soup at breakfast, with a little bit of hummus, and a few pita crisps.

Eduardo already has some turkey soup going in the biggest crockpot, using up the leftover broth from the freezer, the rest of the very small dice celery (looks like no cream of celery soup from the celery), and some peas and carrots, with a little black pepper and a sprinkle of extra ground rosemary. All that's lacking is the noodles, which will be added later, shortly before lunchtime.

It's already smelling rather nice. Looking forward to lunch!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was showing 54 degrees the same as yesterday however with a Cold Breeze. I walked 8,660K steps so far. I was near 10k steps by the end of the Yesterday :)
    Yesterday we had more rain and totals for the state are over 3 inches in some parts, lower where I am, We needed it too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ed if your still hanging out here...we are under a tornado weather watch. (til 6p) Other areas south west of us have tornado warning, and its coming our way....
    And if you have big trees like I do, tornado aside, wind gusts up to 70 miles an hour.
    Hi Valerie
    I was going to ask if You had any problems from the tornadoes that the news mention being in the Atlanta area until I read the rest of Your posts.

We get the winds gusts today, starting slow and increasing throughout the day.
    Hi...
    Well this day looks like its going to be interesting.
    I forgot to go to Costco yesterday, so I HAD to go today as I was out of my BP med..arg. But, it stayed dry...and I ran into Publix cuz I wanted some arugula and they didn't have any at Kroger yesterday...also picked up the Follow Your Heart Am. cheese, and another of the smoked gouda!
    Soon to head for lunch...its in the kitchen needing to be put together and heated!

Again Roger great cartoons...especially the socks going into the washer! I needed that when the boys were little.

Hungry...going to go fix lunch before I blow away or get squashed by a pine tree!!

Later...
    On the good side it stayed dry :)
    Several tornado's in area. All well here, my kids and grands (except for DS1) have all been in the direct line of the tornado's in their areas.
    Jack will be traveling home thru a good bit of these areas...he should have interesting ride home. (One of the reporters out and about showed an intersection and it wasn't that the traffic lights weren't working...they were GONE. They'd been blown off the lines!!! Hope they didn't hit anything like people in cars, etc.
    Ed...P'Tree Corners were mentioned as being in a line of tornado...hope all is well for you and your house.

So far I've had almost an inch of rain, and its still raining. My plants are smiling!

Later...

Hi Again
    That is good news. I also figured out that Your trees survived the winds too.

I have seen pictures of Traffic Signals bouncing all over in Hurricanes and I imagine this was similar. When You said blown off of the lines are they the type type that are suspended from a wire over the intersection or what We have in this area where the line is really short as they hang from the Arms of a metal pole?

We had a High wind storm one labor day holiday and the trip to a family dinner was full of trees down and completely blocked street.

I know You are happy to see the rain. Ours was not torrential it was steady which is most like better as it has more time to soak in.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Everything seems fine here, and haven't even heard any sirens, but I was taking a nap for part of the time.

Now I have to see if Superman (1948 theater serial) can save Lois and recover the kryptonite stolen from the museum.
    Hi Ed
    Is that superman serial online or DVD? It sounds interesting.
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Looks like our little bit of rain is done, but we appreciate what we got.

Finished off the curried kabocha squash soup at breakfast, with a little bit of hummus, and a few pita crisps.

Eduardo already has some turkey soup going in the biggest crockpot, using up the leftover broth from the freezer, the rest of the very small dice celery (looks like no cream of celery soup from the celery), and some peas and carrots, with a little black pepper and a sprinkle of extra ground rosemary. All that's lacking is the noodles, which will be added later, shortly before lunchtime.

It's already smelling rather nice. Looking forward to lunch!

It seems that most of us had some much needed rain including other areas.

That Lunch meal does sound delicious.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi All,

Glad to say I got out for a nice walk this morning. Temp in the 50s. Great for November. Finally will pull apart the carcass of the turkey breast from T'giving. I know...6 days late! But it is still good, so I think we will be safe. The turkey chili looks like something I could do. I can just imagine something like that in the crock pot after work. Yum!

Working from home today. Closing my study tomorrow, plus grading my students' work today. The semester ends in about 1 1/2 weeks, so I have to finish up. And then winter break...yeah!

Will catchup tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be good enough tomorrow to do an outdoors walk again. Take care all,
    Lee-Ann
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited December 2016
    Hi! Watching noon news, etc...like finishing my 'breakfast?'. Its a late, lazy morning! (sautéd greens, onion, mushroom, garlic, with just enough veg broth to keep from burning. Then tossed in a cup of garbanzo beans. I'd also made a great little gravy. so a bit of that went on my greens) and half a red grapefruit.
    The gravy is:
    1 cup broth, 1T tahini, 1T lite soy sauce, 2T bezan, (chickpea flour), cook, stirring for about 2 minutes til it thickens, and then add black pepper to taste). This has to be the easiest gravy ever, and its tasty!

I ended up with 2.5 inches of rain total Monday night - Thursday morning.

The stop lights Roger, were on a line, not a short wire from a pole. I'll bed it would have been a sight to see. I've seen those lights swing and bounce in just 'regular' wind...

Lee-Ann, I know you're looking forward to 'winter break'!!! Probably every bit as much as your students. :)

Ed your 'crock' lunch will be, or considering the time, was a wonderful, tasty meal!

Yesterday at Publix, I picked up Follow Your Heart American cheese, and another block of sliced Smoked Gouda. I'd gotten shredded pizza, and parm from Whole Foods... I feel positively 'wealthy' with something that is so cheese like...I love it.

Going now to visit the recumbent bike. (my aim is to actually use it :) ) We'll see.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    The Superman serials are DVD. I have them both. I bought them as a set from Amazon. 5 episodes left to watch of the first set, and both discs of the second set yet to watch!

Currently the Spider Lady has some kryptonite stashed away and is determined to get her hands on the powerful REDUCER RAY which will make her the most powerful person in the world! Can Superman save the day?

Maybe after he has some lunch.

Speaking of lunch...here's what it looked like!

20161201_120215_zpsablre7kw.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Glad to say I got out for a nice walk this morning. Temp in the 50s. Great for November. Finally will pull apart the carcass of the turkey breast from T'giving. I know...6 days late! But it is still good, so I think we will be safe. The turkey chili looks like something I could do. I can just imagine something like that in the crock pot after work. Yum!

Working from home today. Closing my study tomorrow, plus grading my students' work today. The semester ends in about 1 1/2 weeks, so I have to finish up. And then winter break...yeah!

Will catchup tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be good enough tomorrow to do an outdoors walk again. Take care all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    FWIW We pulled the Turkey Apart Thanksgiving and Portioned it up into Vacuum Bags and the freezer by Saturday. I did the Breast meat earlier since that is what I eat and we did my Brothers dark meat later as that is the part he likes.
    It works out good that was since that way there is not wasted unwanted part of a Turkey or Chicken :)

Hopefully You get a break between Semesters, Christmas Vacation maybe?

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    Hi! Watching noon news, etc...like finishing my 'breakfast?'. Its a late, lazy morning! (sautéd greens, onion, mushroom, garlic, with just enough veg broth to keep from burning. Then tossed in a cup of garbanzo beans. I'd also made a great little gravy. so a bit of that went on my greens) and half a red grapefruit.
    The gravy is:
    1 cup broth, 1T tahini, 1T lite soy sauce, 2T bezan, (chickpea flour), cook, stirring for about 2 minutes til it thickens, and then add black pepper to taste). This has to be the easiest gravy ever, and its tasty!

I ended up with 2.5 inches of rain total Monday night - Thursday morning.

The stop lights Roger, were on a line, not a short wire from a pole. I'll bed it would have been a sight to see. I've seen those lights swing and bounce in just 'regular' wind...

Lee-Ann, I know you're looking forward to 'winter break'!!! Probably every bit as much as your students. :)

Ed your 'crock' lunch will be, or considering the time, was a wonderful, tasty meal!

Yesterday at Publix, I picked up Follow Your Heart American cheese, and another block of sliced Smoked Gouda. I'd gotten shredded pizza, and parm from Whole Foods... I feel positively 'wealthy' with something that is so cheese like...I love it.

Going now to visit the recumbent bike. (my aim is to actually use it :) ) We'll see.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    2.5" of rain is a decent start :)

Go0d Luck with the recumbent :)
    Roger
    The Superman serials are DVD. I have them both. I bought them as a set from Amazon. 5 episodes left to watch of the first set, and both discs of the second set yet to watch!

Currently the Spider Lady has some kryptonite stashed away and is determined to get her hands on the powerful REDUCER RAY which will make her the most powerful person in the world! Can Superman save the day?

Maybe after he has some lunch.

Speaking of lunch...here's what it looked like!

20161201_120215_zpsablre7kw.jpg

Hi Ed
    Thank You for that information. I'm off to check Netflix and see if they have the same DVDs :)
    Rats. I forgot my Password :(

Nice Looking Lunch
    Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    The lunch was delicious and there is soup left, of course, as it's just about impossible to make just one bowl of turkey soup at a time. I used the largest hunk of breast meat that I had frozen for it, all the broth, plus some added chicken broth, peas, carrots, onion, garlic, herbs.

The Superman serial DVD set I ordered is HERE:

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-1948-Theatrical-Serials-Collection/dp/B000I8OM94/ref=sr_1_30?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1480619957&sr=1-30&keywords=superman
  • parityanimal
    Dinner was a repeat of lunch. Eduardo made some really rocking turkey noodle soup.

One big bowl left in the fridge.

Eduardo is somewhat appalled because Eddie bought a "ready to cook" pork and beef meatloaf at Kroger today, on a whim, as it was on the "sell quickly because tomorrow is the last sale date" rack and looked like it might be good.

The deli there does make pretty good meatloaf for lunch, and I'm wondering if this is the same meatloaf, just to cook at home. At any rate I'll find out tomorrow. Eduardo will, of course, probably insist on cooking it in the same style as my mother's meatloaf, with the same ketchup gravy, possibly even rolling it in additional crumbs prior to browning it. I think it will be good regardless of cooking method chosen. And Eduardo doesn't even have to do the hard part, which is mixing up all the ingredients!

Finished the first Superman serial. Superman successfully defeated the Spider Lady and she died in the process. Too bad for her, eh?

Starting on the second Superman serial now!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi All,
    Here's hoping Eddie and Eduardo enjoy the meatloaf. I would just be careful about the sodium. It seems that can be pretty high in many pre-made food items.
    I also have figured out what is happening here. As a professor once told a class I took..."dilatory tactics." In other words, doing anything to avoid what really needs to be done. Using the elliptical or outside walking, but saying hi to you folks - that would be the classic example of "dilatory tactics." There is validity in what I am doing, but the timing is suspicious (during my best exercise time as far as when I would typically like to do it). Who says I don't use my education?
    Time to avoid the avoidance of exercise. Take care all,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Finished off the turkey noodle soup for breakfast. It makes a very tasty breakfast too!

Looked at the meatloaf in the fridge and wondered whether I should cook it for lunch or hold off until dinner. I'm sure I could come up with something else for lunch. Like...grilled cheese, or scrambled eggs. But the meatloaf is a possibility. It would just take more time to cook than any of the other at home options, at least an hour to an hour and a half of cook time.

I'll decide later on lunch. :)

Sink cleared. Might make that pecan pie for J later today.

• RogerToo
    The lunch was delicious and there is soup left, of course, as it's just about impossible to make just one bowl of turkey soup at a time. I used the largest hunk of breast meat that I had frozen for it, all the broth, plus some added chicken broth, peas, carrots, onion, garlic, herbs.

The Superman serial DVD set I ordered is HERE:

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-1948-Theatrical-Serials-Collection/dp/B000I8OM94/ref=sr_1_30?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1480619957&sr=1-30&keywords=superman
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that link. I just ordered it (them?) from Amazon.
    $10.69 with tax seemed reasonable to me.
    Dinner was a repeat of lunch. Eduardo made some really rocking turkey noodle soup.

One big bowl left in the fridge.

Eduardo is somewhat appalled because Eddie bought a "ready to cook" pork and beef meatloaf at Kroger today, on a whim, as it was on the "sell quickly because tomorrow is the last sale date" rack and looked like it might be good.

The deli there does make pretty good meatloaf for lunch, and I'm wondering if this is the same meatloaf, just to cook at home. At any rate I'll find out tomorrow. Eduardo will, of course, probably insist on cooking it in the same style as my mother's meatloaf, with the same ketchup gravy, possibly even rolling it in additional crumbs prior to browning it. I think it will be good regardless of cooking method chosen. And Eduardo doesn't even have to do the hard part, which is mixing up all the ingredients!

Finished the first Superman serial. Superman successfully defeated the Spider Lady and she died in the process. Too bad for her, eh?

Starting on the second Superman serial now!
    I actually liked the ShopRite Pre-cooked Meatloaf too. I haven't seen it in a while either however, They also did a Salisbury Steak.

Not exactly a huge spoiler that Superman was triumphant :)
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Finished off the turkey noodle soup for breakfast. It makes a very tasty breakfast too!

Looked at the meatloaf in the fridge and wondered whether I should cook it for lunch or hold off until dinner. I'm sure I could come up with something else for lunch. Like...grilled cheese, or scrambled eggs. But the meatloaf is a possibility. It would just take more time to cook than any of the other at home options, at least an hour to an hour and a half of cook time.

I'll decide later on lunch. :)

Sink cleared. Might make that pecan pie for J later today.
    Ah, Decisions decisions...

Pecan Pie sounds tasty too. Not exactly low calorie however so not for me until I get past the Christmas & New Years holiday meals :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Here's hoping Eddie and Eduardo enjoy the meatloaf. I would just be careful about the sodium. It seems that can be pretty high in many pre-made food items.
    I also have figured out what is happening here. As a professor once told a class I took..."dilatory tactics." In other words, doing anything to avoid what really needs to be done. Using the elliptical or outside walking, but saying hi to you folks - that would be the classic example of "dilatory tactics." There is validity in what I am doing, but the timing is suspicious (during my best exercise time as far as when I would typically like to do it). Who says I don't use my education?
    Time to avoid the avoidance of exercise. Take care all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I have to agree, much of the Prepared foods seem to be high in sodium.

I avoid avoiding exercise by doing it before anything else...

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Out the door today it was showing 40 degrees a significant cooling off from yesterday. I walked 7K steps so far.

Yesterday I found a few more ripe Raspberries. They just keep ripening from the fruit that set before it got colder :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger