Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Working on the last two seasons of The Adventures of Superman (1952) with George Reeves. I had previously watched the first four seasons, but it was quite some time ago. I've picked up with season 5, in full color!

Steaks 50 cents. Coffee free! At Joe's Diner where the truck carrying the pharmaceuticals was apparently hijacked. Can Superman figure this out?
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Here I am! Late! Whole day is late....just now eating my lunch!
    Trip to Costco was lame. Picked up my script...and went down the back wall to where the store kinds of bread are...like sliced Natures Whole Wheat, and Wonder Bread if they still make it...anyhow, there were 3 different NonGMO breads of the 'grains' ilk...but no Promise bread...arg! I stopped by customer service and they said it would be in tonite or tomorrow, but probably best to wait til Saturday to get some. (like I'm going there on Saturday/New Years eve!!! HA HAA) So, Monday I will have my bread...

Quick run into Best Buys, and home.

Couple more chores to do yet today... chores never end do they!

Roger, so why did your brother decide to get pizza instead of other 'horse's Doovers', which is what the little one across the street used to call them!
    Hope your weather is good for News Year Morning...you're gonna need that walk if pizza is on the menu!!

Ed, had to laugh...50 cent steak, and free coffee...this has to be set in the 1950's!!

Hope all goes well for Lee-Ann and her daughter. I seem to remember having some verbal discord with my Mom before leaving for college! And that was very unusual

Ok, chores...NOW!!!

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

I've been up for hours, but distracted by all the usual stuff.

I finished off the first season of Supergirl last night. The second season isn't available on DVD or BluRay yet, so I'll have to wait to catch up on that. I understand the second season the series was picked up by a different network and production moved to Toronto, and this will cause at least one casting change, as Callista Flockhart apparently can't be in Toronto all the time to film, and Kara/Supergirl will have a new boss at her job, while the old boss takes a sabbatical, leaving it open for her return occasionally. That should be interesting in itself as old boss just gave Kara a sort of blank-check promotion in which Kara is supposed to decide for herself exactly what her job is, and how she can best contribute to the media company, though she's not actually getting more money...but if she has a new boss, can she still do that?
    Hi Ed
    That would be the Latest Supergirl, They sure do rush them to DVD.
    Working on the last two seasons of The Adventures of Superman (1952) with George Reeves. I had previously watched the first four seasons, but it was quite some time ago. I've picked up with season 5, in full color!

Steaks 50 cents. Coffee free! At Joe's Diner where the truck carrying the pharmaceuticals was apparently hijacked. Can Superman figure this out?
    You have to love the old prices. I do seem to remember that some episodes were in color where I saw them later in the Weekday afternoons as reruns when we finally had a color TV :) The first Color TV I saw was back in the early days when they were still using round picture tubes and masking off the the top and bottom of the tube. That would have been at a Aunts house when we visited.

I have faith that Superman can figure it out :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Here I am! Late! Whole day is late....just now eating my lunch!
    Trip to Costco was lame. Picked up my script...and went down the back wall to where the store kinds of bread are...like sliced Natures Whole Wheat, and Wonder Bread if they still make it...anyhow, there were 3 different NonGMO breads of the 'grains' ilk...but no Promise bread...arg! I stopped by customer service and they said it would be in tonite or tomorrow, but probably best to wait til Saturday to get some. (like I'm going there on Saturday/New Years eve!!! HA HAA) So, Monday I will have my bread...

Quick run into Best Buys, and home.

Couple more chores to do yet today... chores never end do they!

Roger, so why did your brother decide to get pizza instead of other 'horse's Doovers', which is what the little one across the street used to call them!
    Hope your weather is good for News Year Morning...you're gonna need that walk if pizza is on the menu!!

Ed, had to laugh...50 cent steak, and free coffee...this has to be set in the 1950's!!

Hope all goes well for Lee-Ann and her daughter. I seem to remember having some verbal discord with my Mom before leaving for college! And that was very unusual

Ok, chores...NOW!!!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    At least Your CostCo has brand name breads, Mine seems to have dropped all baked goods except what they bake in store :(

I suspect it comes down to his craving Pizza and if not going to eat healthy why not eat something You crave?

I could use the walk even without Pizza :)

I am happy I bought enough Bananas yesterday to last me until Wednesday Morning of Next Year when I can stock up again.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, next time you're in Costco, look around. They moved the 'commercial' breads to a very different location than their bakery goods! I know you want to get in and out...did you know if you walk all the isles, you will have walked a mile?? At least that's their story!

I'm seeing Aldi organic banana's for 0.49 a pound...thats at least 20 cents cheaper than Kroger, and 30+ cents than Publix, and of course cheaper than Ed's 'whole wallet'!! :smiley:
    So heading there tomorrow morning.

For now I'm heading to the kitchen to make a bowl of oatmeal for dinner.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    ujK9R1.jpg

yxosJg.jpg

Kgxlw0.jpg

bY0GpE.jpg

6lzZVe.jpg

2QFdSZ.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Looks like it will be a nice day out. J might be coming home tonight, and might be accompanied by his sister and nephew.

I've been up for about an hour but distracted by various things. Ham and Swiss sandwich, using only one slice of bread, for breakfast.

Need to clear the sink and maybe sweep the floor.

Hope my CSA box is early today. I want to see what a mandarinquat tastes like.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Roger, next time you're in Costco, look around. They moved the 'commercial' breads to a very different location than their bakery goods! I know you want to get in and out...did you know if you walk all the isles, you will have walked a mile?? At least that's their story!

I'm seeing Aldi organic banana's for 0.49 a pound...thats at least 20 cents cheaper than Kroger, and 30+ cents than Publix, and of course cheaper than Ed's 'whole wallet'!! :smiley:
    So heading there tomorrow morning.

For now I'm heading to the kitchen to make a bowl of oatmeal for dinner.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    If I said You are correct in that I like to get in and out. I try and stay away from the temptation aisles, Bakery, Candy and Nuts sections :)
    If I remember I will look elsewhere from curiosity where the breads are and ask the greeter too.

I may be going there sooner than I expected to get some of their ready to drink Protein shakes The NS Protein shake replacements are disappointing in their taste. OTOH The possibility exists that buying them in the Grocery Store that those could be just as inexpensive, if bought on sale.

Non Organic Bananas have been selling for $0.29 a pound locally.

The remaining breakfast food this morning will be Two Shredded Wheat, 5 Ounces of 1% milk and 2 or 3 packets of sweetener. I spread out my Breakfast, Banana before walking, Protein shake on my return and then around 9:30 either Cereal or a NS Hot Breakfast Entree. I cycle through 6 different cereals until the quart of milk is used up and then I switch to the NS Hot entrees supplemented with the Dollar store Blueberry Pancakes and Blueberry waffles. The $ store items are so much cheaper than the NS non Blueberry Pancakes and waffles and they taste good too. I get three meals out of each 1$ box.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Looks like it will be a nice day out. J might be coming home tonight, and might be accompanied by his sister and nephew.

I've been up for about an hour but distracted by various things. Ham and Swiss sandwich, using only one slice of bread, for breakfast.

Need to clear the sink and maybe sweep the floor.

Hope my CSA box is early today. I want to see what a mandarinquat tastes like.
    Hi Ed
    It is looking nice outside, the Sun is finally shining and it is still around freezing :)

Is that what it sounds like, That someone crossed a Mandarin Orange and a Kumquat?

Good Luck with the CSA box arriving
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Lee-Ann
    New humor posted today too.

Have a Nice upcoming weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    It is looking nice outside, the Sun is finally shining and it is still around freezing :)

Is that what it sounds like, That someone crossed a Mandarin Orange and a Kumquat?

Good Luck with the CSA box arriving
    Roger

As best I can tell, yes, someone crossed a mandarin and a kumquat and apparently liked what they got so now it's being propagated in the usual manner I presume, cuttings grafted to healthy root stock.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Everybody! Its TGIF!!
    Pictures of this new fruit...the mandarinquat, please.
    Finishing up my breakfast, and then on to other stuff, both inside and outside.
    Our non-organic banana's around here are usually just $0.10 cheaper than organic, and I like the taste of the organic better. not sure why...its all the same banana.

Hope to see Lee-Ann. She can come here and vent. Its hard to see our 'babies' move so far away.

Timer beckons....

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2016
    Hi Valerie
    For only 10 cent a pound difference I would go that route too, however here the difference is a lot more than that.

FWIW We have had a few stray flakes of snow drifting down. The big problem today is the way the wind has picked up.

My Brother picked up different flavors of Protein shakes at the Market for me. Mocha Latte, Cafe Caramel, Cookies and Cream And Strawberry Cream. The Price is a little higher than the Protein Shakes from CostCo. Having different flavors for Variety makes up for that. They averaged out at $1.33 per individual ready to drink box.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Hi Valerie
    For only 10 cent a pound difference I would go that route too, however here the difference is a lot more than that.

FWIW We have had a few stray flakes of snow drifting down. The big problem today is the way the wind has picked up.

My Brother picked up different flavors of Protein shakes at the Market for me. Mocha Latte, Cafe Caramel, Cookies and Cream And Strawberry Cream. The Price is a little higher than the Protein Shakes from CostCo. Having different flavors for Variety makes up for that. They averaged out at $1.33 per individual ready to drink box.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger

That doesn't sound too terribly pricey the shakes. Hope they taste good!
  • parityanimal
    Our non-organic banana's around here are usually just $0.10 cheaper than organic, and I like the taste of the organic better. not sure why...its all the same banana.

Hope to see Lee-Ann. She can come here and vent. Its hard to see our 'babies' move so far away.

Timer beckons....

Later...

Here is a picture of a couple of mandarinquats next to a fairly standard lemon. they are a bit bigger than most kumquats I've seen, but not a lot. I haven't tasted one yet, but plan to with breakfast.

20161230_194643_zpscw840yny.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking Today for 9.6K of steps. It was 30 degrees out the door and a little chilly while walking.

I just had my first NS Vanilla Turboshake this morning :(
    It is drinkable however it is not as good as the NS Protein shake was and I will not be reordering them when the four boxes they substituted are used up. If I had been thinking ahead I would have saved some of the Banana I ate before setting out to blend in with it. Maybe the next time, However for the next few days I will be taste testing the assorted flavors of ready to drink Protein drinks from the Grocery Store.

Have a Good New Years Eve
    Roger
    Tk97Rd.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie

Enjoy the Day
    Roger

That doesn't sound too terribly pricey the shakes. Hope they taste good!
    Hi Ed
    I expect that three of the favors will be good as I had them around a year ago. The One I'm not sure about is the EAS AdvantEdge Strawberry Cream by, Abbott Nutrition, Abbott Laboratories which is new to me. I hope it tastes good as it only 100 calories.

Timer beckons....

Later...

Here is a picture of a couple of mandarinquats next to a fairly standard lemon. they are a bit bigger than most kumquats I've seen, but not a lot. I haven't tasted one yet, but plan to with breakfast.

20161230_194643_zpscw840yny.jpg

Thank You for the Picture, I was curious too.
    Roger

xO2FSL.jpg

s6Aadl.jpg

XZXoDo.gif
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Happy New Years Eve!

Not supposed to be terribly warm today, and 40% chance of rain. Need to get that ham bone out of the freezer so Eduardo can cook up a mess of black eyed peas tomorrow!

I ate one of the mandarinquats this morning. Another I sliced turned out to not have developed fully or perhaps overdeveloped as there was a LOT of pith in the interior and it was dry, not juicy at all. Should deodorize the disposal nicely for a while though.

Like a kumquat, the skin is edible and is, at least in my experience with eating one, the sweetest part of the fruit. The pulp and juice have a very orangey mandarin flavor but just about all the tartness that one might expect from a kumquat too, so be prepared to pucker just a bit. I find them to be pretty good, overall.

20161231_092906_zpsejiqsonm.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! New Year's Eve!
    Eating my tasty breakfast bowl! Basmati Rice, couple oz. baked tofu, half an oven baked yellow onion, Spinach, and peas! And NO BACON!!! LOL!!!
    Roger, two bacon cartoons and Rudolph gone wrong! Love it!!!
    Tonite I will watch the bowl game that Ohio is playing in...cuz my DIL is a HUGE fan from OHIO...(though she went to Bowling Green, not OSU!) Tomorrow I will watch the outdoor Hockey game..., and Monday the Classic outdoor Hockey game. Not sure why there are two, but Monday's game is St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Black Hawks...or more immediately, DS1's hockey team vs Nate's Black Hawks! Love family involved hockey games. Team rivalry runs deep in this family when it comes to hockey!!

Ed, thanks for the picture of the 'mandrinquats'....hope they're not too sour or bitter. Kumquats that I've had in the past were not what I'd call 'enjoyable fruits' . Could just be me, and it could be that I need to revisit this fruit (Kumquats), as my taste buds have changed so much in the past 6 years.

Ok, I need to get this day underway! The left over 'todo' list has to be mopped up Today.Period. No more 'wiggle room' left in 2016!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, wonder why I didn't see Ed's post when I posted this morning???
    Thanks for the update on Mandrinquats.
    I need to get my black eyed peas out of the freezer and into the refrigerator! Thanks for the reminder.