Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey Roger...
    I agree, why not buy More Bread for the shelves so that its in stock. I suspect that they'd have to buy an extra pallet, and that there would then be too much of the bread. (though it would certainly keep that little gray haired old lady from marching up to the managers desk asking questions!!! LOL. Wonder who she should be????? :wink:

Like you, I'd either think that your brother is not eating as much bread as he did in the past, or that formulation has been changed. Might check online at the bread mfg to see if there is an explanation, or maybe even a rebate for the loaf-es that have gone bad!?!

Ok. now I'm outta here.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Good Morning!
    Note to self..do not try to eat and watch Ed's 'funnies' or read Rogers cartoons! 'Nuff said'. :)

I did get a few things done yesterday, but not the 2 things at the very top of the list. Guess that means I don't have to make a 'new' list, just play catch up today!

Also, Tues..time to clean out the refrigerator and make soup or something tasty while clearing out space for Wednesday's shopping event. I do not believe it will be a 4 store event this week....That was a bit much. And since I just went to Costco yesterday...and am planning a run to Aldi's this morning. I picked up what turned out to be Aldi's 'brand' an asceptic pack of Lentil, kale, & potato soup which was surprisingly good. A tad bland in spite of the 540 or so mg of sodium. But I can fix the blandness...and its nice to have a convenience food that is organic etc to fall back on. Yep, yesterday was one of those days, when I just wasn't meant to be the kitchen witch!

Yesterday was my baby brothers 60th birthday...and he's 'taken up' raising sheep. First lamb was born yesterday...cute little critter! I asked him last night how many more lambs he might be expecting??? "Well, I'm not sure, but I have (bought) 22 ewes" OMG! thats a whole flock of sheep and babies!

Ok, today I'm gonna cave and have ONE Aleve. Haven't taken any for nearly a month, but, just one to get me thru the morning!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have been having some problems getting going and finishing the mental To Do list myself.

I have wonder why it has that level of sodium unless it is in the potato soup.
    Hey Roger...
    I agree, why not buy More Bread for the shelves so that its in stock. I suspect that they'd have to buy an extra pallet, and that there would then be too much of the bread. (though it would certainly keep that little gray haired old lady from marching up to the managers desk asking questions!!! LOL. Wonder who she should be????? :wink:

Like you, I'd either think that your brother is not eating as much bread as he did in the past, or that formulation has been changed. Might check online at the bread mfg to see if there is an explanation, or maybe even a rebate for the loaf-es that have gone bad!?!

Ok. now I'm outta here.

Hmm... That had not occurred to me to do and I know he will not go online to complain :)
    The last thing I complained for him was Tuna that was supposed to be Chunk and looked more like shreds. They sent coupons for free cans :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Supposed to get up to 65 today.

Might need a trip to the store for a few things and to see what the new specials are for the week.

Also, the inevitable clearing of the sink.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out for my walk today for 8,516 steps, yesterdays 1 cent was the first money I found this year while walking.

Later on The bank so I have the $ to go to CostCo for frozen vegetables, Apples, and a case(s) of protein shakes depending on flavors :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Supposed to get up to 65 today.

Might need a trip to the store for a few things and to see what the new specials are for the week.

Also, the inevitable clearing of the sink.
    Hi Ed
    We get into the 40s today, after the bitter cold of the last two days what a relief.

Now I just need to stay clear of the In Store Bakery at CostCo :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning its 'Shopfest' day. Known to most as Wednesday!
    Have some rice and beans heating on the stove, will add some spinach, and call it breakfast!
    Then a quick shower, and a dash to Kroger. I think that may be my only store to shop today...I want to be outside this afternoon when its mid 60's so I can enjoy some outdoor time without having to be a bundled up!

Ed, my sink was cleared, but you know it won't stay that way...so see ya at the sink!

Lee-Ann, hope you're doing well...and that the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter every day! April 1st, really isn't that far away!

Roger, hope your walk was safe, warm, and enhanced your piggy bank!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    It was a comparatively balmy as compared to the last two days 45 degrees this morning.

The walk was more comfortable, no money I I did hit a few slippery spots where the snow had been packed down into ice and not melted away by the overnight rain and warming.

Have fun shopping and enjoy the warmth.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    e6d8St.jpg

RjjkUa.jpg

VwHRAi.jpg

N88sez.jpg

6UWQOj.jpg

I4cbQK.jpg
  • RogerToo
    South Florida
    January 10, 2017 8:07 AM
    Walk of death? Florida is the most dangerous place for pedestrians

BY ANA VECIANA-SUAREZ
    aveciana-suarez@miamiherald.com
    Walkers, it's dangerous out there.
    With pedestrian fatalities at a 10-year high, Florida leads the way among the seven most dangerous metropolitan communities to walk around in the country. Though South Florida didn't crack the top 10, Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach came in at a not-so-respectable 11th, according to the Dangerous by Design report released by Smart Growth America, a Washington D.C.-based organization that advocates for walkable cities.

Cape Coral-Fort Myers claimed the top spot, followed by Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Jacksonville, Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, Lakeland-Winter Haven, and Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater. North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton placed 10th. An interactive map on Smart Growth’s website shows the most dangerous spots in those metro areas.

The report ranks the 104 largest metro areas in the country, as well as every state by a “Pedestrian Danger Index,” or PDI, which factors in the share of commuters who walk to work, along with the most recent data on pedestrian deaths. Rankings are based not on the total number of fatalities but on population size, the number of people who commute on foot and the number of fatalities.

In Florida, during the 10-year period ending in 2014, 5,142 people were killed by a car while walking. In South Florida, the toll was 1,508.

The rest of the country didn't do much better. The total number of pedestrians killed in the same 10 year period was 46,149. Between 2005 and 2014, Americans were 7.2 times more likely to die as a pedestrian than from a natural disaster. In 2014 alone, an average of 13 people were struck and killed by a car every day while walking.
  • parityanimal
    Reminder to self...don't walk anywhere in Florida. Call a taxi to cross the street.

Roger, I think I've had that champagne vintage myself. :)

• GardenKatGardens
    Ed, thanks for the food and drink warning, as I was still eating lunch!! LOL!!

Florida sure is not the place to be walking...I have to wonder why...maybe so many oldsters not paying attention where they walk...or where they drive? We seem to have our share of pedestrians being hit by cars, and I'm surprised its not more. Seems there are a lot of people who walk on the street 'with traffic' and not 'facing traffic'. The other issue is wearing black or very dark clothes at night with no flashlight or reflective strips. I nearly hit one of my gym members one 5:45 a.m because I simply did not see him. I was still shaking by the time he got to the gym...and yes, I gave him a rather long lecture.. Scared me to pieces! But, I did notice he started wearing something light colored after that.
    Roger, I actually 'fell for' that joke about pet hair and washing the cat.... they were all good, but that one got me!

Later guys...I have a stiff neck, and its getting worse not better. In fact I took an Aleve...as I seem to hurt all over, and I did not eat anything to cause it, nor did I DO anything that I can think of. I noticed it was a little sore yesterday...but as this day goes on, its getting worse. So, I've heated the long rice sack full of rice, and had my Aleve...next up??? A nap!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I just got a new toy in today I am playing with. It is a Marantz Professional PMD-300CP | Dual Cassette Player & Digital Recorder with USB Output
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EYKBNYS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have downloaded their capture software, "EZ Vinyl Tape Converter". Which I am familiar with as it appears to be the same software supplied by Ion for their Turntable with USB port as well as Right & Left audio outputs. Currently I am testing it with a capture from a audio cassette I made back in the 70s.
    Reminder to self...don't walk anywhere in Florida. Call a taxi to cross the street.

Roger, I think I've had that champagne vintage myself. :)
    Hi Ed
    This was the part I found amazing too.
    "Between 2005 and 2014, Americans were 7.2 times more likely to die as a pedestrian than from a natural disaster"
    OTOH it seems as if the news broadcasts from New York City mention someone that was the victim of a Hit and run almost every day.

It makes me think I better look carefully at every crossing when I am walking.

Cheers
    Roger
    Ed, thanks for the food and drink warning, as I was still eating lunch!! LOL!!

Florida sure is not the place to be walking...I have to wonder why...maybe so many oldsters not paying attention where they walk...or where they drive? We seem to have our share of pedestrians being hit by cars, and I'm surprised its not more. Seems there are a lot of people who walk on the street 'with traffic' and not 'facing traffic'. The other issue is wearing black or very dark clothes at night with no flashlight or reflective strips. I nearly hit one of my gym members one 5:45 a.m because I simply did not see him. I was still shaking by the time he got to the gym...and yes, I gave him a rather long lecture.. Scared me to pieces! But, I did notice he started wearing something light colored after that.
    Roger, I actually 'fell for' that joke about pet hair and washing the cat.... they were all good, but that one got me!

Later guys...I have a stiff neck, and its getting worse not better. In fact I took an Aleve...as I seem to hurt all over, and I did not eat anything to cause it, nor did I DO anything that I can think of. I noticed it was a little sore yesterday...but as this day goes on, its getting worse. So, I've heated the long rice sack full of rice, and had my Aleve...next up??? A nap!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I added a safety vest with Reflective stripes as well as being a very bright dayglo Green/yellow color for walking. Think of what You see workers wearing along the road. I also walk facing into traffic if there are no sidewalks :) My rear facing eyes are not working anymore.

FWIW I blame the traffic problems on so many people being in a hurry and of course inattentiveness from Music, Talking or texting on the cell phone etc. My Brother observed a car that kept drifting from its lane and did not hold its speed and when he got up near it he could see that the driver appeared to be turning to the seat beside him and probably typing on a laptop. They are out there.

I though the cat hair washing one was hilarious too.

I thought to myself what a funny way to cook rice, then it dawned on me that it was to apply heat :)

Good Luck with the Stiff neck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's dinner was cooked by J! I was sous chef for this endeavor.

Fried rice, a la J...

20170111_184841_zps7pltcqhv.jpg
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Folks,
    I am getting bad here...missing saying hi to you folks as regularly as I want. The semester starts next week, and I am not ready to teach. I may be off writing a syllabus or two the next few days...
    I got a kick out of the items sold on late night TV that we have all bought. I can't remember half of mine. But thanks for letting me know I am not ht only one who was a victim of my own sleepiness.
    Ed, that fried rice from J looks delicious. Did you save any for me?
    Still doing the P90x, although yesterday I only did a little over 30 minutes of their yoga - and never got back to finish. Today is day...5 of it. Legs...uggghhh. I have to get my mind up for that.
    Moving on. Roger, I suspect you will be walking lots of steps today - our temp is supposed to be in the 60s, right?
    Take care all,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Been up since about 5:00 but distracted by the usuals.

J is off to a big plant thing in Florida. Hopefully he won't bring too much back.

I need to clear the sink and maybe set something out for lunch...watching Irish people try out various foods from around the world has food on my mind.

And take a nap.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out for my walk today for ? steps + $0.50, my Fitbit did not record any steps beyond 28 steps :( , Temperature was 52 degrees.

Yesterday at CostCo I bought two bags of Normandy Style Mixed vegetables and Green Beans in the frozen vegetables area. Gala Apples, Anjou Pears and and a 10 pack case of Kleenex. As well as a case of each of Chocolate, Banana Cream and Vanilla protein shakes :) Two of the Protein shake cases which had $5 off applied at the register
    Ialso bought a paperback at $5.99 which is $ 4 off of list price. I passed on what looked like a Harry Potter hardcover when I noticed it was not written by J.K Rowling and is this one. The eighth installment of the Harry Potter series, the two-part play, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" This one Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition)
    Book 8
    Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I am getting bad here...missing saying hi to you folks as regularly as I want. The semester starts next week, and I am not ready to teach. I may be off writing a syllabus or two the next few days...
    I got a kick out of the items sold on late night TV that we have all bought. I can't remember half of mine. But thanks for letting me know I am not ht only one who was a victim of my own sleepiness.
    Ed, that fried rice from J looks delicious. Did you save any for me?
    Still doing the P90x, although yesterday I only did a little over 30 minutes of their yoga - and never got back to finish. Today is day...5 of it. Legs...uggghhh. I have to get my mind up for that.
    Moving on. Roger, I suspect you will be walking lots of steps today - our temp is supposed to be in the 60s, right?
    Take care all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I may be the exception that has not bought off of the TV :)
    OTOH since I hate commercials and tend to avoid things advertised heavily and anything being sold with a phone call or by someone coming to the door. I do have no problem with wasting callers time while I explain My policy of never buying anything from a call on the phone.

I agree that the rice looked too tasty TBH, Now I am getting into the mood to cook some myself :(

I have no idea how far I walked. Yesterday the FitBit Battery died and I ended up replacing it and walking in the house to reach my goal steps. Then today it showed 28 steps when I looked on my return from walking ??? and a picture of a battery with a line through it that would seem to be indicating low battery and I thought I put the new in.

News12 was saying that some areas could set a new record for high temperatures for the day.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Been up since about 5:00 but distracted by the usuals.

J is off to a big plant thing in Florida. Hopefully he won't bring too much back.

I need to clear the sink and maybe set something out for lunch...watching Irish people try out various foods from around the world has food on my mind.

And take a nap.
    I have a feeling that I may fall into the Internet while tapes record in the background.

That rice looked tasty. Are my eyes misleading me? It looks like it has Fried Eggs and Chicken in it or are they Vegetarian versions?

Have a Enjoyable Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Quick hello, and then I have 'stuff' that needs doing, first up will be breakfast! Then a few household chores, and I too will be out the door...supposed to be about 70 here today, and unusually warm for the next 3 or 4 days. I see a lot of winter time yard work happening! And tonite is O's gymnastics..so, busy day.

I'm going to stick my head out, and guess that J's delicious looking fried rice does have egg in it. Its part of the fried rice recipe in every one that I've ever read...and I'm betting tofu? My kids loved fried rice when they were little, and it had egg and a few peas and very small bits of carrot. (I was determined to get vegetables in them...one way or another!) :)
    Lee-Ann did you get a special delivery of fried rice? me either.... must have all been eaten before they had a chance to portion our servings out. LOL!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    Lucky You, we swing back to cold tomorrow.

Enjoy the Gymnastics
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    rivg3K.jpg

ln9E1v.jpg

X9Gslf.jpg

NveV57.jpg

LiNheV.gif

O6VeYX.jpg