Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Ed's being allowed to sleep in, or like me he's been hijacked by other things! Been up quite awhile, needy cat and a sale order to Chico's has kept me quite busy! :)

Baby, its COLD outside! Good Grief...15 degrees. We may get above freezing for a very short while late this afternoon. Where am I? And why am I complaining....my little brother has 6 degrees at his house.

Found a fun recipe for 'Smothered Cabbage and Rice Soup' It may become lunch!

Other than that...not much on my 'list'. I considered a one item quick trip to Costco...but ...not gonna happen. 'My' Promise bread has become quite 'the item' at my Costco, and it comes in on Thurs., is stocked late Friday and is gone nearly immediately! Next time I find it I may well clean out the freezer and stock it with bread. Like that won't happen in real, but in my mind oh yeah!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Not any warmer at Ed's house! :) Same mind set. :)
    I happened to turn on the TV and watched Good Morning America...they ended the show with a story about closing Stone Mountain Snow Slope because of the snow we had. Made for a good laugh at the 'southerners'...in truth all we got in this area was freezing rain, and a dusting of snow...I've seen that slope, and you'd have to have a 'death wish' to go down it in an iced condition...also, they asked, (begged?) everyone to stay off the iced roads so that they could be salted and sanded...and the people have done that surprisingly well.

Ed, I don't envy you the kitchen clean up. Bacon seems to spatter everywhere! One of the nice things about oil free kitchen....

Roger, you were wise to get out before the streets got slick! I've got apples, banana's and pears here too! The pears have been especially good this year IMO.

Ok, off to speak with the washer and dryer..and then breakfast for me as they do their work.

Again...Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's 16 sunny degrees outside, and only supposed to get up to 34 today. Don't know if I'll get out in this or not. I don't think I have any CRITICAL items on the shopping list, so probably I won't get out in it.

Finished off the last of my jowl bacon for breakfast with another rare treat, a couple of basted eggs. I think I've had my fat for the day now.

Laundry in the works for later today.

Now got to get the sink cleared and the stove cleaned off.
    Hi Ed
    It may only get up to 34 degrees where You are, However that is still warmer than we will see. Our forecast high is in the 20s :(

Basted Eggs Sound good to me FWIW :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Ed's being allowed to sleep in, or like me he's been hijacked by other things! Been up quite awhile, needy cat and a sale order to Chico's has kept me quite busy! :)

Baby, its COLD outside! Good Grief...15 degrees. We may get above freezing for a very short while late this afternoon. Where am I? And why am I complaining....my little brother has 6 degrees at his house.

Found a fun recipe for 'Smothered Cabbage and Rice Soup' It may become lunch!

Other than that...not much on my 'list'. I considered a one item quick trip to Costco...but ...not gonna happen. 'My' Promise bread has become quite 'the item' at my Costco, and it comes in on Thurs., is stocked late Friday and is gone nearly immediately! Next time I find it I may well clean out the freezer and stock it with bread. Like that won't happen in real, but in my mind oh yeah!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It is strange that the Deep (?) South has the same temperatures as the NorthEast :)

Is the Promise Bread that Tasty or is the healthy aspect that is doing that at CostCo.
    Not any warmer at Ed's house! :) Same mind set. :)
    I happened to turn on the TV and watched Good Morning America...they ended the show with a story about closing Stone Mountain Snow Slope because of the snow we had. Made for a good laugh at the 'southerners'...in truth all we got in this area was freezing rain, and a dusting of snow...I've seen that slope, and you'd have to have a 'death wish' to go down it in an iced condition...also, they asked, (begged?) everyone to stay off the iced roads so that they could be salted and sanded...and the people have done that surprisingly well.

Ed, I don't envy you the kitchen clean up. Bacon seems to spatter everywhere! One of the nice things about oil free kitchen....

Roger, you were wise to get out before the streets got slick! I've got apples, banana's and pears here too! The pears have been especially good this year IMO.

Ok, off to speak with the washer and dryer..and then breakfast for me as they do their work.

Again...Later...

Is it me or does that seem strange for them to close a Snow Slope because of Snow?

Have You ever seen a Splatter Screen?
    They are handy as they keep the splashes of oil in and still let the water vapors escape.
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/splatter-screen-set-of-3/1012910649?skuId=12910649&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_kitchenaccessories_&product_id=12910649&adpos=1o1&creative=43742642509&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CIiywMrmstECFdCCswodo7wBXg
    Splatter Screen (Set of 3)
    Splatter screens will help you drain excess oil from your foods. Great for keeping stovetops clean.
    Ysfo2g.jpg

I am enjoying all the Fruits. I hope two of the Apples survive, I managed to drop them :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    MWwCJQ.png

7zMCmC.png
    Eds post reminded me of this one :)

7mWNLE.png

zlKDtS.png
    A Little Cat humor

dJVWpa.png

Qi6kaA.png

NibtHL.png
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Now if someone would invent a splatter screen that I could reach through with the fork, to turn the food...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Folks,

Ed, you have the right idea. I like the idea of the splatter screen, but then wonder about lifting it to move things around in the pan. You may have just come up with your million-dollar idea!

Cold here, "real feel" of 3, going tho a real feel of 10 today. I can't believe I am looking forward to 47 and rain on Tuesday, to melt some of the snow.

Trying to do P90X again. Did day 1 today. Somehow, it is much harder 6 years after the first time I did it. Is that "fair"? Oh wait...I forgot...no one ever said life is fair!

Val, I saw the "For your heart" products (at least, their cream cheese) at our local super market. I will look for others and send the info to the Oregon daughter - she needs dairy free.

Roger, I especially liked the picture of the library sign. How necessary today!

Okay folks...time to move on for me. I think I am really making progress on transforming my research data into usable information for the dissertation. I am beginning to think I actually might make it for defending by April 1. I just have to stay focused...and move on for now.

Stay warm!
    Lee-Ann
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi again!
    I'm all clean, laundry going, etc. Next stop will be the bike for 'Round One'...meaning I find it easier to 'face' if I know its only for 20 minutes...X 3. :) Mind games!
    Roger posted...
    "Is it me or does that seem strange for them to close a Snow Slope because of Snow?

Have You ever seen a Splatter Screen?"

IF they'd closed the slope because of Snow, I'd have to agree it was strange...but it was closed because of ICE! Don't care who you are, you have no control of sleds or cars, etc on Ice. I guess if you had chains on your car's wheels...do they even make wheel chains anymore?

And I have to ask, have you ever used a spatter screen. They are not all their cracked up to be. I have allowed myself to be duped into using them twice, I'm embarrassed to say. First, they're flimsy junk, and some steam does escape... as does some fat. It does stop the popping fat that leaps out of the pan, but in general...save your money, and buy a new sponge. Windex helps the clean-up effort too, because of the ammonia in it. :)

No Lee-Ann, life is not fair...but sometimes it works in your favor! 6 years = a good bit of 'lost muscle' tissue. So, maybe some work with quads, and upper body for shoulders and arms to restrengthen those areas before you try to jump into P90X??? (just thinking out loud here) I think thats how I'd approach the issue.
    My DIL loves Cathé video's for her workouts. I don't know that they are any better than others, but she asks for a different one each Christmas! And I know she uses them! This is the first year she's asked for one of the upper body video's. (PS if you look up Cathé video's buy them thru Amazon....much much cheaper than buying them from her web site.!)

Ok, bike for me...and hopefully some dumb bell work after that!?!

Later...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning,

Val, your comment about being "duped" into using the splatter screens reminds me of all the late-night stuff I was duped into buying and trying. When I was awake at night with the babies I would watch TV and order some crazy stuff. If the splatter screen had been on TV then, I am sure I would have bought it! Thank goodness that was before computers and 24 hour shopping networks - who knows what I would have bought then! As for the exercise, thanks for your suggestions and concern about my forgetful muscles. I have been doing good exercise in the years since I last did the P90x, some very, very challenging, but that is the one I liked best. I have been out of exercise mode only about 6 months - but that is too long!

Roger, I wondered the same thing about the closing of the snow mountain for snow - I am glad Val explained it. Today should be a tough walk because of the temps, but it gets over freezing tomorrow.

Ed, good morning to you. Catching up on the TV shows?

Stay warm all,
    Lee-Ann
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out for some of my walking Today and I did 7K steps Outdoors. Yesterday I did some more walking indoors and I am ended up with 7.8K steps. The temperature was showing 5.7 degrees this morning and that was on the closed in porch that gets some warmth through the wall of the house and runs warmer than outdoors.
    I picked up Eggs, a head of Lettuce and some frozen vegetables at the Grocery Store. Just as importantly it gave me a chance to warm up before heading for home.

I wore my Insulated Boots today, Those are the ones with a nice tread for traction and Rubber Bottoms with leather laced tops. They kept my feet warm and I was wearing four layers above the waist for warmth and even the heated Mittens were OK but not that warm today. However much better than the unheated ones I had used in the past.

Today's tasting is a EAS AdvantEdge Strawberry Cream Protein shake. 11 ounces, 100 Calories and 15G Protein and it tastes OK. A slight after taste but not bad. It sort of reminds me of the Muscle Milk Shake I had bought at CostCo in the past which had similar stats.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Now if someone would invent a splatter screen that I could reach through with the fork, to turn the food...

Hi Ed
    Now that would be interesting, I wonder how it could be done ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hi again!
    I'm all clean, laundry going, etc. Next stop will be the bike for 'Round One'...meaning I find it easier to 'face' if I know its only for 20 minutes...X 3. :) Mind games!
    Roger posted...
    "Is it me or does that seem strange for them to close a Snow Slope because of Snow?

Have You ever seen a Splatter Screen?"

IF they'd closed the slope because of Snow, I'd have to agree it was strange...but it was closed because of ICE! Don't care who you are, you have no control of sleds or cars, etc on Ice. I guess if you had chains on your car's wheels...do they even make wheel chains anymore?

And I have to ask, have you ever used a spatter screen. They are not all their cracked up to be. I have allowed myself to be duped into using them twice, I'm embarrassed to say. First, they're flimsy junk, and some steam does escape... as does some fat. It does stop the popping fat that leaps out of the pan, but in general...save your money, and buy a new sponge. Windex helps the clean-up effort too, because of the ammonia in it. :)

No Lee-Ann, life is not fair...but sometimes it works in your favor! 6 years = a good bit of 'lost muscle' tissue. So, maybe some work with quads, and upper body for shoulders and arms to restrengthen those areas before you try to jump into P90X??? (just thinking out loud here) I think thats how I'd approach the issue.
    My DIL loves Cathé video's for her workouts. I don't know that they are any better than others, but she asks for a different one each Christmas! And I know she uses them! This is the first year she's asked for one of the upper body video's. (PS if you look up Cathé video's buy them thru Amazon....much much cheaper than buying them from her web site.!)

Ok, bike for me...and hopefully some dumb bell work after that!?!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Yes they do make Tire chains. Out west certain passes You are required to use them in the winter or else You are not allowed on the road. I always liked studded snow tires in the winter before Radial Tires become popular. With them or using radial tires I also had to problems in the snow. The only time I had to get the shovel out of the trunk and do a little digging on the road was when the snow was deep enough between the ruts through it that the car was on top of it and the wheels could not get a grip, fortunately that happened once driving home from work that day.

I need to get walking in the house to get the rest of this mornings step count. Once I finish posting I will do my X pattern walk where I hit all four corners of t/he house and around 130 steps per trip.

Why yes, I have used the splatter screens starting back in the 70s. I liked them as they did keep a lot of splatter down and allowed enough steam to escape to keep the loose ground beef from being watery. I also used them as a lazy mans way to drain the water off of Pasta. :)
    I also used Griddle Screens. We used to get them through work, much cheaper that way by the box. I still have a couple of unused splatter screens in the cupboard for one reason, I stopped frying things when I went on NS.

Good Luck on getting Your Exercise
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Ed, you have the right idea. I like the idea of the splatter screen, but then wonder about lifting it to move things around in the pan. You may have just come up with your million-dollar idea!

Cold here, "real feel" of 3, going tho a real feel of 10 today. I can't believe I am looking forward to 47 and rain on Tuesday, to melt some of the snow.

Trying to do P90X again. Did day 1 today. Somehow, it is much harder 6 years after the first time I did it. Is that "fair"? Oh wait...I forgot...no one ever said life is fair!

Val, I saw the "For your heart" products (at least, their cream cheese) at our local super market. I will look for others and send the info to the Oregon daughter - she needs dairy free.

Roger, I especially liked the picture of the library sign. How necessary today!

Okay folks...time to move on for me. I think I am really making progress on transforming my research data into usable information for the dissertation. I am beginning to think I actually might make it for defending by April 1. I just have to stay focused...and move on for now.

Stay warm!
    Lee-Ann
    Hi Lee-Ann
    I agree it isn't easy to do exercise the first few days.

Sadly anyone can seem to be a knowledgeable Pundit on the Internet and too many people think if it is there it must be true :)

April 1? You have to defend it on April fools day :)
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning,

Val, your comment about being "duped" into using the splatter screens reminds me of all the late-night stuff I was duped into buying and trying. When I was awake at night with the babies I would watch TV and order some crazy stuff. If the splatter screen had been on TV then, I am sure I would have bought it! Thank goodness that was before computers and 24 hour shopping networks - who knows what I would have bought then! As for the exercise, thanks for your suggestions and concern about my forgetful muscles. I have been doing good exercise in the years since I last did the P90x, some very, very challenging, but that is the one I liked best. I have been out of exercise mode only about 6 months - but that is too long!

Roger, I wondered the same thing about the closing of the snow mountain for snow - I am glad Val explained it. Today should be a tough walk because of the temps, but it gets over freezing tomorrow.

Ed, good morning to you. Catching up on the TV shows?

Stay warm all,
    Lee-Ann

It was a tough walk today and was slower than usual since I had to keep an eye out and navigate around icy places. However I did do a decent job and I would have had my other 1K steps if I had not decided to take the short way home instead of the way I would normally have walked to get home before my head of Lettuce froze through thin plastic bag.

It should be somewhat warmer overnight even if well under freezing. I hope the footing is still OK tomorrow.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Finished the first Green Hornet serial, and we finished season 5 of American Horror Story. I've been told season 6 isn't worth watching but still want to make up my own mind on that...and of course I need to watch the second Green Hornet movie serial! And the Green Hornet movie. Then, since I've finished up the old Superman television series (all 8 seasons!) and the first season of Supergirl, I'll move on to the Superboy series from, I think, the 80s and I have a couple of X-Men theater movies yet to watch and I'll be all caught up on my super heroes! I might have to start on the Dick Van *kitten* show or Gilligan's Island after that. Or, heaven forbid, start in on Dark Shadows again...that one takes a while!

Need to finish up laundry, clear the sink, and maybe go to the grocery. Then tonight we have the local orchid society meeting, and J can preside over his first as president, having turned over his prior Treasury duties to the new guy yesterday.

After that duties turnover meeting we had dinner at Raging Burrito in Decatur, GA. I had a Bangkok burrito and J had a tofu chimichanga. We had not eaten there in about 7 years as we don't get to that area as much as we used to. Glad to say the food is still just as marvelous as we remembered.

OK. Enough internets...need to get the laundry and sink cleared.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    I remember buying four things I saw on middle of the night television. I probably bought more, but those two come to mind because they actually worked as advertised!

The "hand hammered wok" that was advertised by some British guy who quickly made a beef and veggie stir fry during the course of the 30 minute or so infomercial was one of them. It was a hand hammered steel wok, with aluminum dome lid, chuan & hoak (spatula and ladle), half grill rack (I think) for removing things to the side but keeping warm in the wok, a "fire ring" stand, and a bamboo cleaning brush. If I remember right it was $39.95 or maybe $29.95, and I used that wok for YEARS. It also came with a bamboo handled strainer, for removing deep fried items or filtering solids from a soupy dish. Eventually I gave it to a friend, who, as far as I know, still has it and may still be using it.

I did regret giving that wok away, eventually, as when J decided he wanted to learn some stir frying techniques I wasn't about to let him ruin the expensive $160 non-stick wok I had bought to replace the old one, which honestly I haven't used in years now, and bought him a Joyce Chen steel wok, for about $40, similar to the old hand hammered wok, but without the hand hammering, that he couldn't POSSIBLY ruin, which came with its own chuan, strainer, rack, dome lid, etc. It's now the only wok we use in the house, though I could still get my expensive one out if I wanted to cook some non-vegetarian stuff in it, as he has declared his wok to be pure vegetarian.

The other item I bought from late night TV was a Mouli slicer/grater that cost, if I remember correctly, $14.95 at the time and turned out to be one of the best slicer/graters I ever used. I still have it, along with a spare even! It came with 5 blades, one was perfect for slicing potatoes or anything else into thin slices, and the rest were for varying grades of shredding/grating, with the largest grade really having big enough holes to "shred" French fries if you wanted, or anything else with a very large shred, and the smallest grade was perfect for very small shred/grate such as for Parmesan or Romano.

The Moulis both still reside in my cabinet and still come out occasionally to play, when I need a lot of quick slicing, shredding, or grating done.

And then, who can forget the VEGOMATIC? Perfect slicing/dicing in moments! A bit awkward to use and clean though, and the blades got bent easily. Still, it was a pretty nifty gadget. Don't remember how much I paid for that one.

And I bought two Magnawave Microwave roasting pans, and gave one to my mother. I ordered hers after I had tried mine out and found it worked exactly as advertised. Unfortunately, the company didn't last long and they are no longer made. Maybe people were too nervous about putting a metal pan in the microwave, even though as constructed it was (and is) perfectly safe, used as directed. I still use that now and then for a pork loin, round roast, or whole chicken. Haven't tried a meatloaf in that but suppose it would work as well.

I got interested in microwave browning paper, and did buy some, but not via the TV demonstrations of it. It works reasonably well, and I actually still have some left. Of course it's now built into tons of microwave French fry boxes, microwave pizzas, and anything else you can think of that people want to have at least a little bit crispy out of the microwave.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hey! Its afternoon....mid afternoon to be exact...
    Made a Costco run about 11 this morning. I did not know I needed $130 worth of 'stuff'.!
    I went for a big bag of sweet potatoes, Promise Bread, and a pound box of spinach...needless to say other stuff hopped into my basket. Some of them BIG things in size, like 10 roll package of Bounty Towels, and a large package of 10 Kleenex boxes, etc!!! I got two of the dual loaves of Promise Bread...yes, I got there before it was all bought up!
    That bread goes like hot cakes. Blink and its gone!. I know they ordered 126 units and they were available for purchase as of Saturday...but that was when everything was ICE. After I got my two double loaves, there were only 12 units left! Willing to bet it will all be gone sometime Tuesday. Which is why when I've been going on Wed. and Thursday there was only bare shelf space. :)

Couple more chores to do just as soon as I finish my lunch, and then the day will be mine!

Later...

OH, Lee-Ann...glad to know you've been working out, and have only lapsed the past 6 or so months! Give it a few more days, and hopefully the fun of it will return for you. I remember when you did it the first time!!

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! High of 51 expected today, though it's only 31 out there right now.

J's first meeting as president went well last night. It was also my first meeting as official meeting hospitality chair and that turned out well too. But then I had several years of practice being hospitality helper.

Got all the laundry folded yesterday too, so I guess it was a good day. Late dinner after the meeting at an Asian restaurant near the botanic gardens. The restaurant stays open until 3:00 in the morning so it's convenient for late night munchies. And I didn't even eat anything Asian, as they also make gyros so I had a lamb gyro, while J had one of his favorite stir fried tofu dishes from there.

I'll leave you with a link to some hilarity.

http://cheezburger.com/1340421/times-kids-were-overheard-saying-embarrassing-things-and-sounded-like-drunk-adults?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+failblog+(The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+&+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG)

• RogerToo

Hi
    I went out my walking Today for 8,432 steps + 1 cent. Yesterday I did some more walking indoors and I am ended up with almost 11 K of steps. The temperature was showing 9 degrees this morning and that was on the closed in porch that gets some warmth through the wall of the house and runs warmer than outdoors. The footing was OK until the last block approaching the house where I had a foot slip on the Packed snow twice, No fall luckily.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some Large Curd Cottage Cheese. That gave me a chance to warm up before heading for home.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! High of 51 expected today, though it's only 31 out there right now.

J's first meeting as president went well last night. It was also my first meeting as official meeting hospitality chair and that turned out well too. But then I had several years of practice being hospitality helper.

Got all the laundry folded yesterday too, so I guess it was a good day. Late dinner after the meeting at an Asian restaurant near the botanic gardens. The restaurant stays open until 3:00 in the morning so it's convenient for late night munchies. And I didn't even eat anything Asian, as they also make gyros so I had a lamb gyro, while J had one of his favorite stir fried tofu dishes from there.

I'll leave you with a link to some hilarity.

http://cheezburger.com/1340421/times-kids-were-overheard-saying-embarrassing-things-and-sounded-like-drunk-adults?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+failblog+(The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+&+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG)
    Hi Ed
    Interesting that You had a Gyro at a Asian restaurant and that they stay open so late.

Thanks for the humor
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! Its afternoon....mid afternoon to be exact...
    Made a Costco run about 11 this morning. I did not know I needed $130 worth of 'stuff'.!
    I went for a big bag of sweet potatoes, Promise Bread, and a pound box of spinach...needless to say other stuff hopped into my basket. Some of them BIG things in size, like 10 roll package of Bounty Towels, and a large package of 10 Kleenex boxes, etc!!! I got two of the dual loaves of Promise Bread...yes, I got there before it was all bought up!
    That bread goes like hot cakes. Blink and its gone!. I know they ordered 126 units and they were available for purchase as of Saturday...but that was when everything was ICE. After I got my two double loaves, there were only 12 units left! Willing to bet it will all be gone sometime Tuesday. Which is why when I've been going on Wed. and Thursday there was only bare shelf space. :)

Couple more chores to do just as soon as I finish my lunch, and then the day will be mine!

Later...

OH, Lee-Ann...glad to know you've been working out, and have only lapsed the past 6 or so months! Give it a few more days, and hopefully the fun of it will return for you. I remember when you did it the first time!!
    Hi Valerie
    I need to make a CostCo Run too, However I do need to wait until Some money appears in my Checking account tomorrow :) The way it looks I should be able to run to the bank after a slightly early breakfast and then out to CostCo before they open.

You would think that if the bread sells so quickly that they run out that they would order more.

I would have stayed home and done without too with icy roads. My Brother has been having bread problems in a different way. The last two loafs of bread all went moldy before they were used up. This is the same bread he has been buying for over a year and it is only the last couple of loafs that it has happened to. It makes up wonder if they changed the formulation in same way.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Note to self..do not try to eat and watch Ed's 'funnies' or read Rogers cartoons! 'Nuff said'. :)

I did get a few things done yesterday, but not the 2 things at the very top of the list. Guess that means I don't have to make a 'new' list, just play catch up today!

Also, Tues..time to clean out the refrigerator and make soup or something tasty while clearing out space for Wednesday's shopping event. I do not believe it will be a 4 store event this week....That was a bit much. And since I just went to Costco yesterday...and am planning a run to Aldi's this morning. I picked up what turned out to be Aldi's 'brand' an asceptic pack of Lentil, kale, & potato soup which was surprisingly good. A tad bland in spite of the 540 or so mg of sodium. But I can fix the blandness...and its nice to have a convenience food that is organic etc to fall back on. Yep, yesterday was one of those days, when I just wasn't meant to be the kitchen witch!

Yesterday was my baby brothers 60th birthday...and he's 'taken up' raising sheep. First lamb was born yesterday...cute little critter! I asked him last night how many more lambs he might be expecting??? "Well, I'm not sure, but I have (bought) 22 ewes" OMG! thats a whole flock of sheep and babies!

Ok, today I'm gonna cave and have ONE Aleve. Haven't taken any for nearly a month, but, just one to get me thru the morning!

Later...