Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    And...speaking of late night infomercials...

4bq2bcru9gwc.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Turnip twaddler....thats priceless!! I don't ever recall seeing that particular strip. Love Opus, had a big stuffed Opus for a long time. Not sure what I did with it. Probably gave it to some little kid....

Just thought I'd let you know how I actually spent my afternoon. Went out to blow leaves, and prune some more shrubs..(roses are all done)...and I was in the front bed by the street, tripped on a stub of what I suspect was at one time a red bud sprout...and fell face forward...leaf blower and all. After a minute or so, I got up, a bit 'shaken' but alright. Except my right hand thumb hurt a bit. And then a bit more when I tried to hold the blower...so I came into the house grabbed a bag of frozen peas, and rubber banded it around my thumb. Got the leaves almost all the way down the side of the house, and by then I thought maybe it could be broken? Called my insurance nurse hot line..and then against her wishes drove my self to the ER... Its a 'spach' break...I had to come home and look it up...never heard of that. Anyhow, that's what I did today....never a dull minute around here.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I know if I could get a bonus turnip twaddler I'd definitely buy a tomato musher.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Sink to be cleared. Garbage and recycles to the curb. Nap. Maybe grocery.

That's the plan, man!

Dinner last night was more soup, this time with cornbread.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked today for 8,100 steps and no, The temperature was 27 degrees out the door. The Snow was around 1.5 inches deep in a nearby town according to the weather forecast report. The streets and sidewalks are in decent shape overall. I did not come across anything to slippery while walking. I did keep a watch for where I placed my feet and steered clear of any places that looked like they might be slippery :)

I went back out yesterday afternoon to the Produce store and Dollar Store, walking in the snow. I decided to get out before it could get slippery and dark. I picked up a container of Cherry Tomatoes for my Brother and one of Blackberries for me as a change of pace. The freezer cases in the dollar store were pretty well picked over. I did pick up a couple of things, The Frozen Ready to eat Nathans Hot Dogs and Gourmet Meatballs :) for my brother to try. I ended up the day with 14K+ steps as a result.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    And...speaking of late night infomercials...

4bq2bcru9gwc.jpg
    Hi Ed
    Loved that Cartoon
    Turnip twaddler....thats priceless!! I don't ever recall seeing that particular strip. Love Opus, had a big stuffed Opus for a long time. Not sure what I did with it. Probably gave it to some little kid....

Just thought I'd let you know how I actually spent my afternoon. Went out to blow leaves, and prune some more shrubs..(roses are all done)...and I was in the front bed by the street, tripped on a stub of what I suspect was at one time a red bud sprout...and fell face forward...leaf blower and all. After a minute or so, I got up, a bit 'shaken' but alright. Except my right hand thumb hurt a bit. And then a bit more when I tried to hold the blower...so I came into the house grabbed a bag of frozen peas, and rubber banded it around my thumb. Got the leaves almost all the way down the side of the house, and by then I thought maybe it could be broken? Called my insurance nurse hot line..and then against her wishes drove my self to the ER... Its a 'spach' break...I had to come home and look it up...never heard of that. Anyhow, that's what I did today....never a dull minute around here.

Later...

Hi Valerie

I know that the free Turnip Twaddler would have convinced me to buy :)

I am sorry to hear that You Broke Your thumb :(
    I hope it heals quick for You. It sounds as if I have been lucky when I tripped over a stump in the back Yard. I had not thought of damaging the thumb, I was more worried about my knee as every time I trip and fall it is always the right knee that I come down on first.

Good Luck with it
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I know if I could get a bonus turnip twaddler I'd definitely buy a tomato musher.
    HI Again
    I do not know what I would use a Turnip Twaddler for, the Tomato musher could work to make a Red Gravy for pasta from the fresh grown tomatoes in the summer :) Why do it the old fashioned way by boiling them down and using a Potato Masher.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Sink to be cleared. Garbage and recycles to the curb. Nap. Maybe grocery.

That's the plan, man!

Dinner last night was more soup, this time with cornbread.
    A sort of funny story, the last recycle day I had put an empty Pizza Box on top of the other recycling and later on it was gone. I looked up and down the street, just in case a gust of wind took it, OTOH nothing else blew away so...
    In the end I decided that for some weird reason someone wanted it and took it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2017
    And here's my funny for the day! A video of funny signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVubRacEy4Q
  • parityanimal
    Finished off the home made soup for lunch. Eddie got all the dishes cleared, cat boxes taken care of, some sweeping and vacuuming and I managed to get in a short nap. Could have used a longer one, but you can't have everything...

Eduard is tired and wants to order in for dinner...

Meanwhile, here's a rather long, but very amusing (in places) video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtKWkkbZHU
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Hi
    No steps today, I suspect I am coming down with something and had a sleepless night. The temperature is 26 degrees outside. The Snow has disappeared from the streets and many of the yards, the exception being the yards in the northern side of houses.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
    Finished off the home made soup for lunch. Eddie got all the dishes cleared, cat boxes taken care of, some sweeping and vacuuming and I managed to get in a short nap. Could have used a longer one, but you can't have everything...

Eduard is tired and wants to order in for dinner...

Meanwhile, here's a rather long, but very amusing (in places) video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtKWkkbZHU

Hi Ed
    Thank You for the laugh
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RzJ20S.jpg

JrMdWs.jpg

nLhpLp.jpg

LjRHap.jpg

tW8wD0.jpg

hxzh3X.jpg

VeEopw.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

Eduardo won last night so pizza was dinner. And breakfast. And will likely be lunch and possibly dinner again for me. Two slices per meal is my usual ration on that, though I may go to 3 for a couple of meals once in a while. Pizza Hut thin crust medium "meat lovers" pizza.

Need to get the AC drain flushed today, as I do every month around the middle of the month. Then see how much laundry there is now that J is back.

And maybe a trip to the grocery. We'll see.

Oh, and a nap, of course.

Anyway, that's the plan. If I run into any problems...I'll just sing along with this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkgkWpyVLfg

• RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    I remember that song :)
    Thank You for the reminder of it.

Roger
  • parityanimal
    Eduardo may have had the night off last night, but not tonight!

Tonight's shipwreck casserole is in the oven. Got a later start on it than intended because it took a teensy bit longer to prep all the layers, and avocado is slippery!

From the bottom:

sliced onions
    sliced potatoes, seasoned with a light sprinkle of salt, pepper, and smoked paprika
    salsa (from a jar, Eduardo did not make the salsa)
    sliced avocados, seasoned with a light sprinkle of salt, pepper, and smoked paprika
    cooked long grain rice
    chili beans, with sauce

covered and baking for about an hour at 350, at which point the final layer of

shredded cheddar cheese

will be added and put back in, under the broiler to brown the cheese slightly.

After standing for 10 or 15 minutes, slabs will be served. As this seems to have filled a 9x13 glass cake pan, I think I can safely say there will be leftovers...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi ! Sorry to take so long getting here.
    Saw the Ortho Doc today! He's middle aged, a Brit. Finished his training here in MN at Mayo Clinic. We..covered reading the x-rays, how all the tendons work, how the cast should allow the bone to regrow and connect to the chunk (my term) of bone that broke off and was still attached to the tendon. How lucky I was that it was the outside of the thumb, and not the finger side of the thumb. He hasn't discounted surgery, but assured me he'd like to not do surgery. (Makes me happy)...and without coaching, he got the bone health triad absolutely correct....calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin D. Not once did he tell me to drink milk or eat cheese!! I love this guy! He understands nutrition! Yea!!! Back to his office on Jan. 30th for more xrays to confirm healing...new cast if needed..etc.

Came home took pix of my little 'mini cast'...meaning only half way up my arm, and fingers and knuckles exposed and also the nail end of my thumb. Can't get my finger and thumb to meet, so still can't tie shoe laces. and a few things, but a big help.

Today also brought a really good nap, and cat and I have rocked and he snoozed thru the local news..
    Now ready to head to the kitchen to make dinner. BTW...ED...I could so do that 'shipwreck' casserole that you layered!!! I see that happening sometime this week! I think I can trust my fingers with a sharp knife...if not, will microwave the potato and then cut it, and will need to pick up salsa, pre-sliced onion, and an avocado. Bet I could even toss in a few slices of zucchini, and perhaps even a handful of black olives if I wanted to get 'fancy'...LOL about the fancy!

Where is Lee-Ann?? She's been AWOL for a couple of days. Hope all is well for her.

Loved all the cartoons, etc. We're a happy laughing bunch if nothing else!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's delicious shipwreck casserole. Wine of choice, Purple Toad Berry Dry, very fruit forward and nicely dry.

20170116_194606_zpsw5xaczdq.jpg

20170116_200104_zpsy49k2k20.jpg

20170116_183330_zps3tuzfgnp.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Val, I'm sure you can make a smaller version of the casserole than I did. Mine used a couple of onions, a couple of medium potatoes, two avocados, several cups of cooked rice, two cans of chili beans, and enough shredded cheddar to give it a nice top. I expect the vegan shreds (maybe pepper jack?) would do beautifully.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I have walked in the house a little for 2K steps and plan to do more later, I was walking slower than usual as I am still feeling poorly. I decided I needed to do some walking as I am sure You lose it when You do not do it for a few days.
    The temperature was 39 degrees out the door. The previous Snowfall lingers on in the backyard where it is shaded by the house. Today's forecast of heavy rain will take care of that.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger