Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    s6Hhzq.jpg

QfwV5I.jpg

60DMnL.jpg

zpRFmi.gif

MQc4v3.jpg

t82ODf.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Roger, that "Diet Water"....does it also come "gluten free"?
    Those were some great cartoons! Thanks
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's rather late now, but J is off to take L back to his apartment, and I've been cleaning up from dinner, giving the cats their evening treats, and feeding the sugar gliders.

We had a late lunch/early dinner around 3:15, starting with a salad buffet I laid out on the counter and across the stove top. All in separate containers I put out butter lettuce, tomatoes, sliced boiled eggs, cheese, pine nuts, roasted salted sunflower seed kernels, real bacon bits, fake bacon bits, garlic cheese croutons, and a choice of home made thousand islands type dressing or Kroger zesty Italian.

After salad we had glorious microwaved leftovers! Pulled pork, baked barbecued tofu, atomic baked beans, potatoes au gratin, and a choice of hot peppery sauce and/or my home made spicy honey barbecue sauce. With dinner I opened up some wine and J had sweet plum wine while L and I had a nice, dry Nero D'Avola, which we finished off between the two of us.

Dessert, of a sort, was a medium sized bag of Harry & David chocolate and caramel moose munch split three ways, later, as we were watching a couple of videos.

I sent L home with a quart bag of leftover pulled pork and still have enough for several more meals for me. He can have several meals off that. It is nice to share. I gave him some of the hot sauce from Starne's in Paducah too, in a cleaned out pimiento jar.

And now I'll just mosey off to bed, after I test my blood sugar...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked today for 6.5K Steps, I am feeling somewhat better. The temperature was 43 degrees. It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast for a Nor'easter appears to be starting to happen :(
    It started misting while I was out and slowly getting heavier, Not too bad yet. There is a breeze with increasing gusts of wind.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger

WEIRD NEWS
    A Truck Driver Has Lost His Marbles --
    All 38,000 Pounds Of Them
    Oh no.
    01/23/2017 06:06 am ET
    Rebecca Shapiro Senior Editor, The Huffington Post

Clean up on I-465.

A truck carrying 38,000 pounds of marbles lost its trailer in Indianapolis on Saturday morning, causing the contents to spill onto the highway and shoulder near Pendleton Pike.

No injuries were reported, and the lost marbles brought a pop of color to an otherwise bleak winter’s day.

Indiana State Police public information officer Sgt. John Perrine tweeted a photo of the accident:

#Breaking A truck driver has lost his marbles...

Literally, 38,000 pounds of them on I-465 SB at the 41mm

No
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited January 2017
    Good Morning, even if it is Monday! (Lee-Ann, that's for you!)
    Only have a minute, need to get into the kitchen and scramble some breakfast. Today is Chiro day, and that will include a stop at Whole Foods of course! Needing some kale and some hot bar foods to make my 1.5 cooking hand meals easier. :)

No storms last night, and no cat yowling outside my bedroom door! Sleep was wonderful!

Looks like cooler weather has returned...not really 'winter' weather, but not those wonderful 70's either. Daphne's buds are showing, Leather Leaf Mahonia is beginning to bloom as is the Lenten Roses. They will all weather the colder nights just fine, but its exciting to see my cascade of blooming plants and shrubs begin their march into spring. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Roger, that "Diet Water"....does it also come "gluten free"?
    Those were some great cartoons! Thanks

Hi Valerie
    I would not be surprised if it were Gluten Free :)

Glad You enjoyed them.
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's rather late now, but J is off to take L back to his apartment, and I've been cleaning up from dinner, giving the cats their evening treats, and feeding the sugar gliders.

We had a late lunch/early dinner around 3:15, starting with a salad buffet I laid out on the counter and across the stove top. All in separate containers I put out butter lettuce, tomatoes, sliced boiled eggs, cheese, pine nuts, roasted salted sunflower seed kernels, real bacon bits, fake bacon bits, garlic cheese croutons, and a choice of home made thousand islands type dressing or Kroger zesty Italian.

After salad we had glorious microwaved leftovers! Pulled pork, baked barbecued tofu, atomic baked beans, potatoes au gratin, and a choice of hot peppery sauce and/or my home made spicy honey barbecue sauce. With dinner I opened up some wine and J had sweet plum wine while L and I had a nice, dry Nero D'Avola, which we finished off between the two of us.

Dessert, of a sort, was a medium sized bag of Harry & David chocolate and caramel moose munch split three ways, later, as we were watching a couple of videos.

I sent L home with a quart bag of leftover pulled pork and still have enough for several more meals for me. He can have several meals off that. It is nice to share. I gave him some of the hot sauce from Starne's in Paducah too, in a cleaned out pimiento jar.

And now I'll just mosey off to bed, after I test my blood sugar...
    Hi Ed
    Pulled Pork, Yum :)

Hopefully the BS is good after the beans and Potatoes.
    Roger

• RogerToo
    TeSkM4.jpg

YS3Xym.jpg

n36Tkk.jpg

PxWIna.jpg

60UEEt.jpg

lauVnp.jpg
    Grammar Check fail
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning, even if it is Monday! (Lee-Ann, that's for you!)
    Only have a minute, need to get into the kitchen and scramble some breakfast. Today is Chiro day, and that will include a stop at Whole Foods of course! Needing some kale and some hot bar foods to make my 1.5 cooking hand meals easier. :)

No storms last night, and no cat yowling outside my bedroom door! Sleep was wonderful!

Looks like cooler weather has returned...not really 'winter' weather, but not those wonderful 70's either. Daphne's buds are showing, Leather Leaf Mahonia is beginning to bloom as is the Lenten Roses. They will all weather the colder nights just fine, but its exciting to see my cascade of blooming plants and shrubs begin their march into spring. :)

Later...

Hi Again
    The first thing that popped into my head when I saw scramble some breakfast was hmm, Valerie is doing scrambled eggs :) Then reality leaked in... :)

Enjoy the new Humor I just posted. I think I've lost my Marbles just like that trucker I posted about, Going out into the start of a Nor'easter. Fortunately It has slowed down and the brunt of it will be arriving later than originally forecast.

Enjoy the weather
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Nothing much on the agenda for today, maybe laundry.

Not much in the sink to clear as Eddie cleverly took care of all yesterday's dishes before bedtime. I had pulled pork sandwiches (on low cal, low carb, whole wheat buns) for breakfast.

I actually had to eat a snack at bedtime because when I checked my glucose was only 89, which, while fairly normal for a non-diabetic person, is just a tad low for me at bedtime, as it may go dangerously low during the night, especially since I take my Januvia at bedtime. When I had checked it a bit earlier in the evening, sometime between 8:00 and 9:00 it was a nice 140 so I felt really good about my eating, despite having company, wine, and moose munch, and apparently did quite well with it.

I'm checking a bit more often right now because the Januvia is a relatively new add-on to my diabetic meds, and I'm only in my second week of it, so need to monitor more closely for a bit yet. Seems to be working well, and, fortunately, not TOO well as I haven't had any episodes of low blood sugar as yet.

So ate some peanuts and pistachios before going to bed. To be fair, I hadn't had any carbs before bedtime for quite a while as dinner was finished around 4 and I think the moose munch was gone by 4:30 or 5:00. I didn't have all that much of the moose munch anyway. I did have a small bowl of additional pulled pork around 7:00, just to have some food with my last dose of metformin and my evening supplements, but no bread or potatoes with that. And at early dinner/late lunch I had only consumed one good serving of the potatoes again, maybe just over half a cup or so and just under half a cup or so of the beans, so I did a good job of keeping the carbs down. Beans don't tend to spike me anyway, and are a very good carb for a diabetic, as long as it's not over sweet baked beans loaded with extra sugar carbs, and my baked beans don't have a whole lot of sugar. Potatoes DO tend to spike me, so I have to watch the serving size on that, and I LOVE potatoes. :(

So, off to get lost on the net for a while and ponder laundry.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Took a few more things out to the recycle bin since they hadn't collected yet. The rain gauge is nearly full. We seem to have received a good share yesterday but never did get any high winds or loud thunderstorms. Which was fine...

• GardenKatGardens
    HiYa!!
    Back from being 'reset' at my chiro's, and my trip to Whole Food. I don't know who laid out the produce section, but they got me!! Just inside the door both curly and lacto kale on sale,and on the other side of those bins, sale on sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and another veg. (didi't buy, and don't remember what that was)...also didn't need Sweet Potatoes. then picked up my nice crisp radishes, with beautiful greens still attached, and you know I'll steam those tops with my kale or spinach.:)..got ONE Sumo tangerines..want to know they're good and sweet this year...saw Follow Your Heart Cheddar shreds, so got those too..organic banana's Yuuuuuge banana's from Ecuador, and my tofu from the hot bar....I'm set for the week.
    Just finished the steamed baby carrots and broccoli left overs, with a small portion of the tofu, and 2 ears of the fresh sweet corn! YUM, and now on this misty, dreary day I'm off to take a nap!

Ed, great news on the BS, yes please don't let your evening numbers get too low...has happened to O twice..even after they've gone in while she sleeps and did a late check..both times she went into convulsions... Poor Jack the last time she really scared them and they not only put sugary cake frosting in her cheek, but also called EMT's. Jack was still shaking the next day. (I would have been too)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2017
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Been up since about 7:00 but the usual distractions...

Need to get to the grocery today, I guess. Eddie DID get the laundry done yesterday, but Eduardo took the night off and just sliced up a couple of avocados and cooked a couple of individual Celeste frozen pizzas. I had deluxe (sausage, red and green bell peppers, onions) and J had just cheese with extra shredded pizza cheese added, since the Celeste pizza didn't have all that much on it. Mine was OK without added cheese, though I wouldn't have minded a bit more. The other toppings kind of made up for the slightly skimpy cheese.

We have two more of those in the freezer. They came from Dollar tree, so make a cheap, quick meal. The remaining ones are one cheese pizza and one supreme (sausage, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, maybe something else too...)

If there is any grocery shopping done today, that may include a stop at Dollar Tree on the way back from Kroger. I noticed some small packets of country ham, biscuit slices or ends and trimmings, and wouldn't mind a bit of that for the fridge. Not much, of course, because WHOA THE SALT, but I do like some once in a great while.

Breakfast was a couple more barbecue sandwiches. Not a lot of that left, maybe two meals at most. I'm so glad I was able to share a big bag of it with L. Remind me to never buy a butt that big again! OK, that won't work, because if I see a deal like that, it's awfully hard to resist!

Well, the sink needs clearing and the groceries pondered. Time to let Eddie out to play! :)

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    All well here..cooked some lentils this morning to go with the rice and leftover spinach from yesterday. Made for a tasty and filling breakfast this morning.

Beauty school today to get my hair washed and blown dry. I'm thinking it looks like a bright if not sunny day...windy, but...So many people have so much more to cope with than a little wind.

Watched National news this morning, and saw pix of the Nor'easter...Hope Roger is safe. He may not have power today? and some flooding? seems to be pretty wide spread in NJ.

Good hunting today while you're in Kroger Ed. I'll wait til tomorrow. Only need a few odds and ends. Got my produce yesterday.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8K Steps, It was a little funny too, when I got home and looked at the FitBit it was showing 8,000 steps on the nose :) The temperature was 37 degrees. It is a gloomy looking day and misting while I was out and slowly getting heavier, Not too bad. There is a Moderate breeze and it appears that except for a brief power outage the Nor'easter had little effect here. The Brooks are running strong and somewhat over their banks.

The power was back in time for me to microwave my frozen portions of dinner. If it had stayed off I thinking Diner to avoid opening the freezer and refrigerator.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Nothing much on the agenda for today, maybe laundry.

Not much in the sink to clear as Eddie cleverly took care of all yesterday's dishes before bedtime. I had pulled pork sandwiches (on low cal, low carb, whole wheat buns) for breakfast.

I actually had to eat a snack at bedtime because when I checked my glucose was only 89, which, while fairly normal for a non-diabetic person, is just a tad low for me at bedtime, as it may go dangerously low during the night, especially since I take my Januvia at bedtime. When I had checked it a bit earlier in the evening, sometime between 8:00 and 9:00 it was a nice 140 so I felt really good about my eating, despite having company, wine, and moose munch, and apparently did quite well with it.

I'm checking a bit more often right now because the Januvia is a relatively new add-on to my diabetic meds, and I'm only in my second week of it, so need to monitor more closely for a bit yet. Seems to be working well, and, fortunately, not TOO well as I haven't had any episodes of low blood sugar as yet.

So ate some peanuts and pistachios before going to bed. To be fair, I hadn't had any carbs before bedtime for quite a while as dinner was finished around 4 and I think the moose munch was gone by 4:30 or 5:00. I didn't have all that much of the moose munch anyway. I did have a small bowl of additional pulled pork around 7:00, just to have some food with my last dose of metformin and my evening supplements, but no bread or potatoes with that. And at early dinner/late lunch I had only consumed one good serving of the potatoes again, maybe just over half a cup or so and just under half a cup or so of the beans, so I did a good job of keeping the carbs down. Beans don't tend to spike me anyway, and are a very good carb for a diabetic, as long as it's not over sweet baked beans loaded with extra sugar carbs, and my baked beans don't have a whole lot of sugar. Potatoes DO tend to spike me, so I have to watch the serving size on that, and I LOVE potatoes. :(

So, off to get lost on the net for a while and ponder laundry.
    Hi Ed
    I was so lucky I that so far I have managed to get my BS under control with Weight Loss and diet. My father and Uncle were not so lucky as Both of them needed Injections of insulin, I do not recall specifics from the rest of his side of the family although I do seem to remember others needing them too.
    Took a few more things out to the recycle bin since they hadn't collected yet. The rain gauge is nearly full. We seem to have received a good share yesterday but never did get any high winds or loud thunderstorms. Which was fine...
    It isn't as if You did not need the rain :)
    rk38xydsuf6q.jpg
    That is a good question, hmmmm.....
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Been up since about 7:00 but the usual distractions...

Need to get to the grocery today, I guess. Eddie DID get the laundry done yesterday, but Eduardo took the night off and just sliced up a couple of avocados and cooked a couple of individual Celeste frozen pizzas. I had deluxe (sausage, red and green bell peppers, onions) and J had just cheese with extra shredded pizza cheese added, since the Celeste pizza didn't have all that much on it. Mine was OK without added cheese, though I wouldn't have minded a bit more. The other toppings kind of made up for the slightly skimpy cheese.

We have two more of those in the freezer. They came from Dollar tree, so make a cheap, quick meal. The remaining ones are one cheese pizza and one supreme (sausage, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, maybe something else too...)

If there is any grocery shopping done today, that may include a stop at Dollar Tree on the way back from Kroger. I noticed some small packets of country ham, biscuit slices or ends and trimmings, and wouldn't mind a bit of that for the fridge. Not much, of course, because WHOA THE SALT, but I do like some once in a great while.

Breakfast was a couple more barbecue sandwiches. Not a lot of that left, maybe two meals at most. I'm so glad I was able to share a big bag of it with L. Remind me to never buy a butt that big again! OK, that won't work, because if I see a deal like that, it's awfully hard to resist!

Well, the sink needs clearing and the groceries pondered. Time to let Eddie out to play! :)
    Every Individual pizza I looked at seems high in calories or carbs & sodium or all three :(

I did buy one from the dollar store that looked as if it could work, then when I went to heat it saw that it was 2 servings per pizza and it was not tasty either. I guess I'll stick to the 5 different NS Pizzas and maybe add a shredded slice of 20 calorie bacon for taste as the mood strikes me.

I am not surprised that dollar store pizza might be a little light on cheese :)

I used to run across bacon ends that were pretty tasty year ago. lately all the ends I see are not that discounted or interesting looking to me.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    All well here..cooked some lentils this morning to go with the rice and leftover spinach from yesterday. Made for a tasty and filling breakfast this morning.

Beauty school today to get my hair washed and blown dry. I'm thinking it looks like a bright if not sunny day...windy, but...So many people have so much more to cope with than a little wind.

Watched National news this morning, and saw pix of the Nor'easter...Hope Roger is safe. He may not have power today? and some flooding? seems to be pretty wide spread in NJ.

Good hunting today while you're in Kroger Ed. I'll wait til tomorrow. Only need a few odds and ends. Got my produce yesterday.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Where I am we do not get flooding in this part of town. What floods are the roads leading in and out of town. When that happens there is one way into town left rather than the usual 6 ways.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, glad to know all is well for you. I'm sure there are many who are not so lucky. Thanks for letting us know you'll be ok.

Ed. out of my oven came a very tasty 'Shipwreck Casserole'! Yes, mine was soupy too, but, I tilted the pan, let it drain into one corner...where I'd stolen a 'scoop' to taste, and I collected the 'juice'. Tasty it is. Going to use it for the broth in my quickie gravy that I use on either vegetables or mashed potatoes. So, its a win too!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Glad your shipwreck casserole worked out well, Val! We loved ours. Tonight dinner will be late as J is still on a late business call with some people on the other side of the world. Eduardo has some shredded carrot, diced bell pepper, diced onion, broccoli florets, and large chunks of portabella mushroom ready to go with a medium russet potato (will be diced up while the carrots, peppers, and onions are cooking), a bottle of Marsala wine (for a good splash), and some seasoning, all ready to go and shredded cheese ready to for a quick topping to the sauté.

Some wine was being consumed during prep (not Marsala though) and since Eduardo is cooking with wine, so to speak, though none of the Chateâu Elán Belle Reserve is making it into the food, thought some Marsala might go nicely in with the vegetables, cooked down...

Shouldn't take too long to whip together once J gets off his call.

• RogerToo
    pcM2mx.jpg

ACCser.jpg

2YENZr.jpg

TBCDSW.jpg

9HS6BO.jpg

vSmw7G.jpg