Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8.1K Steps + 1cent, It was a little funny too, when I was a block from home on the inbound leg of the walk was when I found the Penny. The temperature is 36 degrees. The big round shiny thing in the sky has made one of its rare appearances :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, glad to know all is well for you. I'm sure there are many who are not so lucky. Thanks for letting us know you'll be ok.

Ed. out of my oven came a very tasty 'Shipwreck Casserole'! Yes, mine was soupy too, but, I tilted the pan, let it drain into one corner...where I'd stolen a 'scoop' to taste, and I collected the 'juice'. Tasty it is. Going to use it for the broth in my quickie gravy that I use on either vegetables or mashed potatoes. So, its a win too!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It could indeed have been worse, there was some minor flooding at the Shore communities in NJ & NY according to the news OTOH.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Ed
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    That big round shiny thing is showing its face here today! Its welcomed. Normal temps are returning to my yard...I guess that's a good thing, but I surely was enjoying the upper 60's and low to mid 70's!!! (come to think about it, those were good years too!!)
    I looked at the 10 day forecast and see some 30 degree night time lows, but mostly hovering around freezing, mostly a few degrees above. Can't complain about that. Day time upper 40's and a few 50's. Will have to do for a couple weeks! :)

Grocery shopping today and chat with DS1 this evening. Tom E. is on a catnip kick. Its funny. I may buy him a catnip filled toy if I think about it today. I tell him its 'kitty crack'!!!

I don't know any thing new... so...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I've been up since 7:00 but busy being distracted by the net, breakfast, getting my shopping list together to buy WHAT I FORGOT yesterday, and check out the new weekly sales.

Eduardo is pretty much done for the day already, except for a couple of last minute dinner chores, like making salad and putting the finishing touches on:

A slow cooker filled with lamb, bacon, carrots, onion, minced garlic, one medium large potato, whole, spices, seasoning, red wine, water. The potato will be diced up when it's all about done, and some tomato paste stirred in to cook for the last half hour or so. Result? IRISH LAMB STEW! OK, Eduardo made it with wine instead of Guinness...but I don't keep Guinness in the house!

Mary had a little lamb, but I eat more than she did, I think...

Off to the grocery!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    The stew turned out FABULOUS!

Dinner tonight:

Salad. Irish stew with buttermilk biscuits

Wine of choice: Caponero Vino Rosso
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! As I'm typing, no one has posted yet, which is surprising. I've been up for quite some time, had stew for breakfast.

Not much on for today. Maybe some light housework and, of course, clearing the little bit in the sink.

Everyone has probably posted while I was typing this.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo

Hi
    I was out walking for 10.6K Steps, The temperature is 46 degrees. I thought I had felt a couple of dops of rain as I neared the house, Now a few minutes later it has started drizzling. I must have just beat the rain home :)
    It is and has been a dark dreary day out. Walking past the stream below the park I see our Heron is still there fishing in the stream.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    That big round shiny thing is showing its face here today! Its welcomed. Normal temps are returning to my yard...I guess that's a good thing, but I surely was enjoying the upper 60's and low to mid 70's!!! (come to think about it, those were good years too!!)
    I looked at the 10 day forecast and see some 30 degree night time lows, but mostly hovering around freezing, mostly a few degrees above. Can't complain about that. Day time upper 40's and a few 50's. Will have to do for a couple weeks! :)

Grocery shopping today and chat with DS1 this evening. Tom E. is on a catnip kick. Its funny. I may buy him a catnip filled toy if I think about it today. I tell him its 'kitty crack'!!!

I don't know any thing new... so...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Lucky You, It appeared for part of yesterday and then Gone back into hiding :)
    Yesterday was a nice warm day for my area, into the 50s :)

Was it the picture of all the cats that I posted made You think of Catnip?

I hope you had a successful shopping trip and chat with You DS1
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning
    I think partially that Roger, and I'd watched a video of cats rolling around with fabric tubes of catnip..it was a hoot. I have a big tub of catnip that I bought years ago, so I sprinkled a tablespoon or so on the carpet and Tom E. went nuts! Also his treats have catnip, so it was multiple sources. Well, I looked at what was available at the grocery, and said nope! Came home and took an old knee high wool sock that I had, cut off the foot, put about a ⅓ cup of cat nip in it...I'd knotted one end, and then I rubber banded the other end.... Tom E. loves his sock!!!!. :) I'm sure he was saying 'thank you'!!!

TOday looks partly sunny, but I suspect it won't last. Windy too.

Not sure what I'm doing today..gymnastics for sure, and a Dr. McDougall live discussion I'd like to watch in the afternoon. I'm sure I'll easily find something needing to be done :)

Ed, what's blooming in your yard? From my back porch I can see that Daphne is just beginning to open its buds. And yesterday I saw that about half the Lenten Rose buds have opened. I have friends with daffodils blooming...mine have huge buds, but so far none have opened. When I was in town on Monday I drove down Monroe Drive from Ponce to the Buford Connector and then on to 85...the old homes along Monroe and along Ponce have beautiful lawns and gardens. Someone on Monroe has what I think must have been Witch Hazel as a foundation planting, and it was is full bright yellow bloom! Made me want to stop just to gawk!!!! :) I did see a scattering of daffodils as well. Its a pretty drive for the most part.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! As I'm typing, no one has posted yet, which is surprising. I've been up for quite some time, had stew for breakfast.

Not much on for today. Maybe some light housework and, of course, clearing the little bit in the sink.

Everyone has probably posted while I was typing this.
    Hi Ed
    I did post and as slow as I type I suspect I was creating even while You Posted.

I plan to join the not much on today club, Whee!
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning
    I think partially that Roger, and I'd watched a video of cats rolling around with fabric tubes of catnip..it was a hoot. I have a big tub of catnip that I bought years ago, so I sprinkled a tablespoon or so on the carpet and Tom E. went nuts! Also his treats have catnip, so it was multiple sources. Well, I looked at what was available at the grocery, and said nope! Came home and took an old knee high wool sock that I had, cut off the foot, put about a ⅓ cup of cat nip in it...I'd knotted one end, and then I rubber banded the other end.... Tom E. loves his sock!!!!. :) I'm sure he was saying 'thank you'!!!

Today looks partly sunny, but I suspect it won't last. Windy too.

Not sure what I'm doing today..gymnastics for sure, and a Dr. McDougall live discussion I'd like to watch in the afternoon. I'm sure I'll easily find something needing to be done :)

Ed, what's blooming in your yard? From my back porch I can see that Daphne is just beginning to open its buds. And yesterday I saw that about half the Lenten Rose buds have opened. I have friends with daffodils blooming...mine have huge buds, but so far none have opened. When I was in town on Monday I drove down Monroe Drive from Ponce to the Buford Connector and then on to 85...the old homes along Monroe and along Ponce have beautiful lawns and gardens. Someone on Monroe has what I think must have been Witch Hazel as a foundation planting, and it was is full bright yellow bloom! Made me want to stop just to gawk!!!! :) I did see a scattering of daffodils as well. Its a pretty drive for the most part.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Thank You for that Info :)
    I would have just thought, hmmm... How can I save money?

Forget daffodils blooming even the first blooms that can happen right through the snow have no made an appearance yet.

Enjoy Your Flowers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I don't have anything blooming as yet, but it looks like the daffodils have come up and are at least waving at us. Mine usually bloom just a tad later than the ones across the street, which are also not blooming yet. The ones across the street get a bit more sun I think...though mine get a lot of mid day and some afternoon sun.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

It's a little chilly out there! 35 right now, and not supposed to get all that warm today.

Sink needs clearing, but that, I think, is all the work that is going to be done by the three of me. Well, maybe Eduardo might get busy for dinner. We'll see. This week's CSA box will have arrived by then and there will be more fresh vegetarian ingredients available to play with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmMpeysOa8

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8.7K Steps + 1 Shiny & 1 corroded Penny :) The temperature is 41 degrees. I saw a few flakes of snow as I neared the house. I did see 3 Deer run across the road as I was on the outbound leg.

I also stopped for some Nectarines, A Head of Lettuce, a couple of Bananas and a box of cereal.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

California man's two vehicles crushed by different trees in different cities on same day posted Jan. 20, 2017
    A California man whose two vehicles were both crushed by trees in different cities on the same day says he feels like "the luckiest guy."

Georgiy Karpekin said he was at Sacramento City College when strong winds swept over the area Wednesday, leading to an unfortunate discovery in the parking lot.

"I walked up to my truck and I saw it was 'taco'd' around a tree," he told KTXL-TV.

Karpekin's truck was indeed "taco'd" -- a fallen tree had reformed the pickup into the shape of a taco shell.

Karpekin got a ride to his West Sacramento home where he made another shocking discovery -- another tree had fallen on two vehicles parked in front of his house, including his own car.

"Yeah, and then I come home and two other cars, huh? My luck. I bought a lottery ticket. It didn't win, but..." Karpekin said. "I feel like I'm the luckiest guy. Why? I came out alive. Everything is fine. My insurance is covering it. There's no other way to look at it, right?"

"You know, life's full of peaks and valleys, man," Karpekin said.

Karpekin said on Facebook that the damage to the car parked outside his home wasn't as severe as the truck and will soon be completely repaired.

"You can't help but laugh," he wrote of the ordeal.
  • RogerToo
    dzGkuv.png

V53Wuj.png

Oe9O1o.png

DMtpyZ.png

tmXFa7.png

HziNYZ.jpg

giGxLW.png
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

It's a little chilly out there! 35 right now, and not supposed to get all that warm today.

Sink needs clearing, but that, I think, is all the work that is going to be done by the three of me. Well, maybe Eduardo might get busy for dinner. We'll see. This week's CSA box will have arrived by then and there will be more fresh vegetarian ingredients available to play with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmMpeysOa8
    Hi Ed
    There was a raw feel to the air as I was walking and the breeze picked up too.

Thanks for the Music
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Have a load of laundry going, oven is roasting brussels, baby carrots, onion, cauliflower, and broccoli! Me? I'm just doing little things like watching a webinar and today's featured speaker was my co-favorite Dr. John McDougall, MD. I love this guy! My other is Dr. Neal Barnard...I think he's a speaker maybe over the weekend... also popping up and down to let Tom E. either in or out, and emptied the dishwasher, etc.

Ted (DS2) sent me a text this morning saying R Thomas has died. I really liked his food, his eclectic restaurant, and today reading his bio, he was 82 years old, the founder of a small company in NC which grew to become Bojangles...and he was President of Kentucky Fried Chicken. I did not know all of those things...his influence on ATL's places for me to eat was so appreciated. We, boys, friends, etc. and I have been customers since we moved to ATL in 1988. RThomas opened this restaurant in 1985. I wonder if the restaurant will continue, or if it will be sold?

Roasted veggies done, sweet potato and Russet are still baking :)

I think lunch today will be earlier than usual! :)

Roger you mentioned snow-ish stuff on your way home...are you expecting more?

Ed, I'd of course heard Chipmunks sing Christmas songs...but Wild Irish Rose was new to me..

Weekend looks like Hair cut and time with Ted on Saturday, then hockey (but not til 12:20a.) on Sunday, and then Jack is coming my way to switch out 4 door knobs with lever type openers. Will greatly aid my getting doors open! I have lever handle on my front door...along with a deadbolt! :)

Ok, Later...
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi All,
    I havebeen MIA - working has been getting in the way. But I have been thinking of everyone here. Most especially, I am glad to see Val posted. I saw pictures of the storms in Atlanta this past week and was worried about you.
    Hoping everyone is doing okay...now back under the pile of work...maybe I will emerge around Ground hog day - with the ground hog!
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Well, y'all, my CSA box arrived in good order today, and so far Eduardo has torn up a head of hydroponic Bibb lettuce, sliced half a fairly large cucumber, diced up a yellow bell pepper, cut a tomato into bite size pieces, made Thousand Islands style salad dressing, and opened a bottle of red wine. I think a frozen pizza may be the dinner plan, after we each eat a large plate of salad. The two salad plates are all made up and ready to top and dress.

Oh, and I ate a small Pink Lady apple from the box, as a mid-afternoon snack, with a thick slice of marble Colby.

The avocados are not yet ready to eat, but I expect by Monday at the latest they will be, if not ready by Sunday. They tend to ripen fairly fast. We haven't had guacamole for a while so that may be in the works from these avocados.

Dessert, if eaten at all, may be a kiwi, as there were four of them in the box.

The mango from the box needs to ripen a couple of days too, and then it will be sliced up for the sugar gliders as it's one of their favorite fruits. They still have one piece left for their food tonight and then they will have to have some apple or some dried fruit until the next mango is ready. I have plenty of options there.

Welcome back Lee Ann! Looked like most of the storms went south of Valerie and me. My brother south of Macon saw much more wind than we did.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

32 degrees out there now and only supposed to get to 52 today. J has a board meeting this afternoon but I don't need to be there. Unless he has something we both need to do after it, I'll probably just stay home. The meetings are, of course, open to guest members who may wish to observe, but I'd be bored silly. Now if it was a lunch meeting, and in a restaurant in a shopping center, then I might go as I could shop after eating.

Need to water the indoor plants today and get Lilo's bowl from last night out of the sink.

I cold go to Kroger and try to save another $3.00 or more buying six mix-or-match items...I got three cans of clam chowder and three cans of steak soup the other day, but didn't see a whole lot of other things on the list that I really would need or use. I may look at the list again. The saving brought the chunky soups down to just 99 cents which was why I bought 6, three of each of the two that sounded tasty to me. Easy dinners for me on nights when Eduardo is on strike, LOL. I don't buy canned soups or stews often but for a once in a while easy meal. Those might sit in there for months gathering dust, though on a cold winter day a nice bowl of piping hot soup that is ready to heat and eat can be a wondrous thing.

I hear that bowl in the sink calling to me. And the bed may be competing! It's a bit chilly in here this morning.