Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited January 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Been up for about an hour. Lilo did let me sleep in a little bit this morning.

Had beany weenie for breakfast. Basically opened a can of Vienna sausage bites and a can of beans with tomato sauce, mixed them up, heated it, and ate about half of it. Easy peasy. The rest is in the fridge for lunch or a major snack later.

I'm saving the other pork chop for lunch or dinner, as I didn't want that much for breakfast and beans are a good fiber/protein combo for a diabetic.

Not too much on the agenda for today. Maybe laundry. I don't see anything critical on the shopping list and despite being up for nearly an hour don't really feel all that awake yet.

Roger, I'm sure the others appreciate you deciding not to share your whatever! They may not know about it, but they would appreciate it if they did.

I think I'll just get lost on the internet for a while...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    About to leave for gymnastics..came to see if Roger had posted, and if so was feeling a bit better...read thru the posts...and I was the one who didn't post!!! hmmm

Busy day, hither and yon! Started off with a trip to the hair dresser, and just enough time after that to get to my ortho guy for a new cast..the old one had gotten pretty loose. Then to the gym for a ride on their bikes, home for late lunch, and ready to go again. I also washed a load of clothes, and they're dry, but still in the dryer! OOPS. Will get them later tonite or in the morning. Oh, and I got the trash to the street for tomorrow mornings pick-up.

Roger, you just keep taking care of yourself...darn little germs! I think not having exposure does make a difference. I remember when I finished with my Lab Tech training and my class and I headed to our respective hospitals...we were all sick for about 2 months.

Ok, time to roll...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I will be brief.

I have not walked today, Still feeling poorly. I am still feeling weak, It is amazing that something You can not even see has this effect on a person :(
    I hear the noises from the coffee maker have ceased so time to go get some.

The temperature was 42 degrees this morning, a 2 degree increase from yesterday. The Weather is warm enough and I can not get out there walking :( It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast is not looking good for any Sunshine today.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Truck company owner charged with evading $1 million in tolls
    [Associated Press]
    Associated PressJanuary 13, 2017

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The owner of a New Jersey trucking company has been arrested while trying to board a flight to Aruba and charged with racking up more than $1 million of unpaid tolls and fees.

State police say Little Ferry resident Lester Morales was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport on Thursday.

Police say Morales' EAB Transport LLC/Do it Right Trucking had 100 trucks going through tolls with a delinquent E-ZPass automatic payment account more than 100 times per day.

Morales is being held without bail at the Middlesex County jail and can't be reached there for comment.
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Been up for about an hour. Lilo did let me sleep in a little bit this morning.

Had beany weenie for breakfast. Basically opened a can of Vienna sausage bites and a can of beans with tomato sauce, mixed them up, heated it, and ate about half of it. Easy peasy. The rest is in the fridge for lunch or a major snack later.

I'm saving the other pork chop for lunch or dinner, as I didn't want that much for breakfast and beans are a good fiber/protein combo for a diabetic.

Not too much on the agenda for today. Maybe laundry. I don't see anything critical on the shopping list and despite being up for nearly an hour don't really feel all that awake yet.

Roger, I'm sure the others appreciate you deciding not to share your whatever! They may not know about it, but they would appreciate it if they did.

I think I'll just get lost on the internet for a while...
    Hi Ed
    I know I'm feeling the effects when even the internet is not good for killing time.

Thank You for the kind words
    Roger
    About to leave for gymnastics..came to see if Roger had posted, and if so was feeling a bit better...read thru the posts...and I was the one who didn't post!!! hmmm

Busy day, hither and yon! Started off with a trip to the hair dresser, and just enough time after that to get to my ortho guy for a new cast..the old one had gotten pretty loose. Then to the gym for a ride on their bikes, home for late lunch, and ready to go again. I also washed a load of clothes, and they're dry, but still in the dryer! OOPS. Will get them later tonite or in the morning. Oh, and I got the trash to the street for tomorrow mornings pick-up.

Roger, you just keep taking care of yourself...darn little germs! I think not having exposure does make a difference. I remember when I finished with my Lab Tech training and my class and I headed to our respective hospitals...we were all sick for about 2 months.

Ok, time to roll...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    That is a possibility. I may have to rethink my feelings regarding flu shots not being needed.

I am running late as I slept in.

If I leave things in the dryer too long I just run it again to put a little warmth on them and they fold so much nicer. You Too?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ya'll!
    Cloudy. May sprinkle...will hold off on rain until tomorrow! (so they say).

Today, lunch with my niece, so that will be fun. Thankfully not as busy as yesterday!
    I may also go to the gym though, its easier, and I can use the treadmill as well as the bike.

Roger I am so sorry you are still sick. I had the flu early in the season, and a mild case since I'd had my flu shot. But, oh do I remember ...years ago, it is what caused me to become a willing participant in flu shot line up! I know the feeling about even the internet getting boring. Please remember to stay hydrated. Water, water, water.... and tea with a bit of lemon...honey too if you like sweetened tea. Both are helpful.

Ed, beanie weenies! Haven't thought about them in years. :). Did you get out to do your shopping?
    I think tomorrow with the return of cooler temps, and rain I will make some Shipwreck Casserole, and Sunday I'll roast a big pan of cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, onion, and garlic. Good Eats!!! :)

Hi Lee-Ann! Weekend almost here...kick back and relax! :) How many days into P90X? (PX90? I can never remember but when I worked in the gym, I could always tell which guys were doing it!)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 50% chance of rain today. We got half an inch or so overnight so we're not totally bereft, but I'm sure the lakes could use some more.

I did get some shopping done the other day but oddly, the list has new stuff on it! Funny how that happens, isn't it?

J has gone off to his wellness check appointment with the doctor. I ned to make an appointment too, but I think I'll just call it a physical, just like I used to call it.

Nap in the works today for sure.

I never watch the inauguration so I'm neither boycotting it nor celebrating it. It is what it is and is happening whether one likes it or not. One term ends, and someone else's begins. That's how it goes and will, presumably, continue to go.

Later gators.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    I had overnight rain too! Surprised me to go out to get the trash receptacle (so I could back out of my driveway)..and saw the rain gauge!! Nice kind of surprise! And I'm sure any rain will be welcomed in our lake!
    Very nice visit/lunch with my niece today. Will repeat next month too!
    I'm afraid its too late for a nap here, but that sure 'sounds' good! Maybe tomorrow? or for sure on Sunday...
    Haven't had the TV on today. Not sure I will either.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! We have an orchid society board meeting today, presumably along with lunch at a decent restaurant.

We have 100% chance of rain today!

Dinner last night:

Salad. Cheesy (VERY cheesy) chili mac casserole.

Wine of choice: Placer Andaluz Tempranillo/Syrah, 2015, Spain.

And the last of the casserole was breakfast for me this morning.

• parityanimal
    Well, it appears that I have a really big butt...

20170121_084037_zpsrveeo2rp.jpg

In fact, it barely fits!

20170121_085654_zpso1g4wcvb.jpg

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I have not walked today, OTOH I am feeling somewhat better. The temperature was 43 degrees. The Weather is warmer than normal lately. It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast is minimal if any Sunshine today.Then For Monday the forecast is for a Nor'easter, colder, windy, rainy.

The visibility was down this morning here too :) It did sort of rain overnight. According to Accuweather
    Currently 43° F RealFeel® 50° Cloudy and tomorrow, Sunday, Day 51°Hi RealFeel® 49° Precipitation 55%
    A thick cloud cover; areas of fog in the morning, then occasional rain and drizzle in the afternoon and on Monday
    44°Hi RealFeel® 30° Precipitation 80%
    Rain of varying rates, windy and cooler possible flooding on streets and poor drainage areas.

I have been getting more usage out of My bought on sale Kindle. I have loaded a bunch of free books onto available via Amazon. Although free may be a Misnomer. They are free with Prime :)
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

An Entire Mall in Pennsylvania Was Just Sold For $100
    Zamira Rahim
    Updated: Jan 19, 2017 4:39 PM UTC

A 1.1 million-square foot mall in Pennsylvania has been sold for an astonishing $100 at auction.

The Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills Mall, one of the largest in the state, was bought by Wells Fargo Bank, which foreclosed on the property last year, WPXI-TV reports. The bank was the only bidder for the property at the auction, the station reported, adding that Wells Fargo "essentially brought the mall from itself."

The mall, located about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, was once worth $190 million but recently appraised at just $11 million. It was opened in 2005 after being developed by Zamias Services and Mills Corp., a Virginia firm that has since gone bankrupt.

Some speculated that Wells Fargo Bank would buy the mall and attempt to revive it, according to the Associated Press. The wire service reported that the mall remains open, though the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that it was only 55 % occupied as of December.

The bank did not immediately comment on its plans when reached by The Associated Press.
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Ya'll!
    Cloudy. May sprinkle...will hold off on rain until tomorrow! (so they say).

Today, lunch with my niece, so that will be fun. Thankfully not as busy as yesterday!
    I may also go to the gym though, its easier, and I can use the treadmill as well as the bike.

Roger I am so sorry you are still sick. I had the flu early in the season, and a mild case since I'd had my flu shot. But, oh do I remember ...years ago, it is what caused me to become a willing participant in flu shot line up! I know the feeling about even the internet getting boring. Please remember to stay hydrated. Water, water, water.... and tea with a bit of lemon...honey too if you like sweetened tea. Both are helpful.

Ed, beanie weenies! Haven't thought about them in years. :). Did you get out to do your shopping?
    I think tomorrow with the return of cooler temps, and rain I will make some Shipwreck Casserole, and Sunday I'll roast a big pan of cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, onion, and garlic. Good Eats!!! :)

Hi Lee-Ann! Weekend almost here...kick back and relax! :) How many days into P90X? (PX90? I can never remember but when I worked in the gym, I could always tell which guys were doing it!)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    We always Did Hot Dogs AKA Franks and beans using Pork and Beans and starting with Sauteed Onions.
    I had overnight rain too! Surprised me to go out to get the trash receptacle (so I could back out of my driveway)..and saw the rain gauge!! Nice kind of surprise! And I'm sure any rain will be welcomed in our lake!
    Very nice visit/lunch with my niece today. Will repeat next month too!
    I'm afraid its too late for a nap here, but that sure 'sounds' good! Maybe tomorrow? or for sure on Sunday...
    Haven't had the TV on today. Not sure I will either.

Later...

It Looked to me from the weather radar and future cast that Our Nor'easter Monday is going to hit the Atlanta are today or maybe it was tomorrow, Dratted memory :)

How nice that You had a pleasant visit/lunch.

Hopefully Sunday is good too.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 50% chance of rain today. We got half an inch or so overnight so we're not totally bereft, but I'm sure the lakes could use some more.

I did get some shopping done the other day but oddly, the list has new stuff on it! Funny how that happens, isn't it?

J has gone off to his wellness check appointment with the doctor. I ned to make an appointment too, but I think I'll just call it a physical, just like I used to call it.

Nap in the works today for sure.

I never watch the inauguration so I'm neither boycotting it nor celebrating it. It is what it is and is happening whether one likes it or not. One term ends, and someone else's begins. That's how it goes and will, presumably, continue to go.

Later gators.
    Hi Ed
    I did watch some of it. I though the part of the speeches I caught were interesting...

It is sad that so many protests seem to devolve into violence :(
    Well, it appears that I have a really big butt...

Snipped

In fact, it barely fits!
    That looks like it ended up at a really good price, according to my off the top of my head math is You paid slightly over $1a pound.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi Guys!
    Great Hockey game this morning. Ended in a tie....not as good as a win...much better than a loss in my opinion! :) (Coach might disagree)
    Drove home in pouring rain...I 'love' (not) I-285 and I-85 in the rain...gaaahhhh! But, home safely, and babied the old cat, knowing my DS2 was soon to arrive...and it was pouring rain, and Tom E. does not like, is afraid of, all humans except for me...So, Ted arrived..cat freaked..joy joy joy! Ted and I made a shopping run, and then had a wonderful lunch at the Indian restaurant near my home. MMMMMM! Soup, and rice, and 3 veg. entree's, and pakoras... Ted had dessert, but I opted for a second bowl of lentil soup. Then home...freaked out cat, was very happy go outdoors. Glad it had stopped raining..
    Kid's gone home, cat came in, checked his food bowl (no, the intruder had not eaten his food) Tom's back outside, and I'm watching St. Louis Blues hockey. Jets are winning in the 2nd period..2-1. Hope St. Louis ends up winning this game.. :)

More rain forecasted tonite...and an all day event tomorrow. Rain gauge says I've gotten 2.5 inches rain today!!!! We'll take all we can get for our lakes!

Roger, glad you're on the mend. Don't push yourself to get back out walking...you don't want to relapse with this flu/cold. Once is enough, right????

Ed, how's your butt? Made me laugh when I read your post. That was some large chunk of meat!!! Bet it will last a few meals, and be delicious!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    My big butt is fine!

Dinner tonight:

Slow cooked pulled pork (baked barbecued tofu for J), atomic baked beans, potatoes au gratin. That's Starne's hot sauce (from Paducah, my hometown) on the pork that is on my plate!

Wine of choice: Gosford Reserve Shiraz, Australia

PLENTY of leftovers. I didn't even dent that butt...though I did pull all of it and the rest is in the fridge. Hopefully tomorrow a friend will come over and help try to put a dent in it. He was supposed to come tonight but wasn't feeling right so we postponed until tomorrow. In some ways that will be better because we can just warm up leftovers and Eduardo won't be bustling around in the kitchen so we can visit more. Yes, he's that kind of friend, a good friend that isn't at all insulted to be coming for leftovers. :)

20170121_193222_zpsvtlbpmbd.jpg

• GardenKatGardens
    Its 3 a.m. Cat woke me loudly meowing at my door. Freaked over the thunderstorm. Why am I not amused?
    Ted's white husky is afraid of thunder. He calls her his Maya-meter! Only she just hides in the bathtub.
    3:19...cat is asleep at my feet. And I'm awake. Something really wrong with this picture.
    I'm going to bed.
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I woke up shortly before 6 with a behind the knee cramp that I knew wasn't going to stretch out in the bed, so Lilo and I got up to put the microwave heating wrap on it. It's already feeling quite a bit better. Might go back to bed if Lilo will let me and if I think I can get back to sleep...if not, then I guess it'll be breakfast.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I have walked today for 5K steps, I was feeling somewhat better and I did need Bananas for Tuesday and with the Nor'easter in the forecast for Monday... I went out today. The temperature was 46 degrees. The Weather is warmer than normal lately. It is another gloomy looking day and the forecast is minimal if any Sunshine today. For Monday the forecast is for a Nor'easter, colder, windy, rainy.

I just looked at the Calendar and Social Security will be nice and early for the next two months on the 8th.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

River of red Skittles coats Wisconsin highway
    Published 8:37 p.m. CT Jan. 18, 2017 | Updated 9:59 a.m. CT Jan. 19, 2017

A rain-soaked box aboard a flatbed pickup truck ruptured in Dodge County, coating a stretch of County Highway S in Beaver Dam with hundreds of thousands of red Skittles, the sheriff's office reported Wednesday.

Sheriff's deputies discovered the candy-covered roadway shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday near Blackbird Road, according to a post on the Dodge County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The Dodge County Highway Department was called to clean up the candy-coated shells - packed with such yummy ingredients as sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, tapioca dextrin, sodium citrate and carnauba wax - which were intended to be cattle feed because they did not make the cut for packaging, according to the sheriff's office.

As the price of corn increased in recent years, some farmers have turned to discarded food products to feed their cows.

According to a 2012 Reuters report: "In the mix are cookies, gummy worms, marshmallows, fruit loops, orange peels, even dried cranberries. Cattlemen are feeding virtually anything they can get their hands on that will replace the starchy sugar content traditionally delivered to the animals through corn."

And, apparently, that includes red Skittles.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning, again.
    I did get back to sleep, and the 'big bad noise' must have quit. So I've been up for about 2 hours. Tom E. wanted out, and I gladly obliged him!

Roger glad you felt up to being out and about. Hope your Nor'easter isn't a big bad one. I've seen summer time Nor'easter, can't imagine that in cold weather...yuck!

Ed...hope you were able to get more sleep. Leg cramps, wherever they are located are not fun.

Few house chores this morning, and after that????...maybe nothing!!! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi Guys!
    Great Hockey game this morning. Ended in a tie....not as good as a win...much better than a loss in my opinion! :) (Coach might disagree)
    Drove home in pouring rain...I 'love' (not) I-285 and I-85 in the rain...gaaahhhh! But, home safely, and babied the old cat, knowing my DS2 was soon to arrive...and it was pouring rain, and Tom E. does not like, is afraid of, all humans except for me...So, Ted arrived..cat freaked..joy joy joy! Ted and I made a shopping run, and then had a wonderful lunch at the Indian restaurant near my home. MMMMMM! Soup, and rice, and 3 veg. entree's, and pakoras... Ted had dessert, but I opted for a second bowl of lentil soup. Then home...freaked out cat, was very happy go outdoors. Glad it had stopped raining..
    Kid's gone home, cat came in, checked his food bowl (no, the intruder had not eaten his food) Tom's back outside, and I'm watching St. Louis Blues hockey. Jets are winning in the 2nd period..2-1. Hope St. Louis ends up winning this game.. :)

More rain forecasted tonite...and an all day event tomorrow. Rain gauge says I've gotten 2.5 inches rain today!!!! We'll take all we can get for our lakes!

Roger, glad you're on the mend. Don't push yourself to get back out walking...you don't want to relapse with this flu/cold. Once is enough, right????

Ed, how's your butt? Made me laugh when I read your post. That was some large chunk of meat!!! Bet it will last a few meals, and be delicious!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    That is one spooky cat.
    I have nothing against a tie TBH.

Every Little bit helps and 2.5 inches of rain exceeds a little bit.
    Its 3 a.m. Cat woke me loudly meowing at my door. Freaked over the thunderstorm. Why am I not amused?
    Ted's white husky is afraid of thunder. He calls her his Maya-meter! Only she just hides in the bathtub.
    3:19...cat is asleep at my feet. And I'm awake. Something really wrong with this picture.
    I'm going to bed.
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I see so many reports of pets that can not handle Thunder, Fireworks or Gunshots.

My Brother knew someone who bought a pair of expensive retriever pups who turned out to be afraid of Gunshots, Somewhat weird IMO.

I hope You had a good nights sleep.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My big butt is fine!

Dinner tonight:

Slow cooked pulled pork (baked barbecued tofu for J), atomic baked beans, potatoes au gratin. That's Starne's hot sauce (from Paducah, my hometown) on the pork that is on my plate!

Wine of choice: Gosford Reserve Shiraz, Australia

PLENTY of leftovers. I didn't even dent that butt...though I did pull all of it and the rest is in the fridge. Hopefully tomorrow a friend will come over and help try to put a dent in it. He was supposed to come tonight but wasn't feeling right so we postponed until tomorrow. In some ways that will be better because we can just warm up leftovers and Eduardo won't be bustling around in the kitchen so we can visit more. Yes, he's that kind of friend, a good friend that isn't at all insulted to be coming for leftovers. :)
    Hi Ed
    That was a tasty looking plate of food. You are a really good cook, in contrast I am best at incinerating foods in the skillet :)
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I woke up shortly before 6 with a behind the knee cramp that I knew wasn't going to stretch out in the bed, so Lilo and I got up to put the microwave heating wrap on it. It's already feeling quite a bit better. Might go back to bed if Lilo will let me and if I think I can get back to sleep...if not, then I guess it'll be breakfast.
    At least You could move on it, when I was getting lower leg cramps I was immobilized while I massaged away the pain.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger