Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,223 Member
    edited January 2017
    The fried rice did, indeed, have egg and tofu in it. There was a package of Trader Joe's teriyaki baked tofu cut into small dice to go in the fried rice.

When J is in the mood to make fried rice, you better believe Eduardo is happy to act as sous chef as J makes REALLY GOOD fried rice.

Tonight Eduardo has some boneless country style pork ribs going in a crockpot with a creamy Marsala and mushroom gravy. Haven't figured out the vegetable yet but maybe buttercup squash.

Update: The gravy, on tasting, just cried out for a potato so I gave in...Eduardo made a great dish tonight. And LEFTOVERS!

20170112_173049_zpsek9q4e1w.jpg
  • parityanimal
    All right. All caught up on food and almost on dishes...but want to finish this glass of wine before dishes. I can go watch the Green Arrow movie now! I finished both the movie serials.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Leftover ribs for breakfast. For such a simple recipe, that was really delicious.

Supposed to be horribly warm today, for January, but I guess that's better than ice and snow.

Need to clear the sink and maybe do some house cleaning.

And take a nap...been up about an hour, woke up with a headache but I think the ibuprofen is starting to work now.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! TGIF
    I need to make a comment on Ed's post....it is not 'horribly warm', its deliciously wonderfully delightfully warm today, and for the next several days....:) LOL!!!
    Yesterday I got the butterfly bush cut back, and removed the rose bush my former Korean neighbor 'killed'. I have 4 more rose bushes to go...., and a few other things. Several of which will require DS1's help. (he has the chain saw!)

Dr. Appt today for blood pressure check...
    So this morning I will do indoor chores, and right after seeing little doc, I will be outside with my various pruners! It will be great to have this done. DS1 questioned my mid Jan. pruning, but I think it will be ok...if not I'll be buying a couple new Knock Out roses.
    I also want to transplant some more black mondo grass today and tomorrow, and any day thru Monday or Tues...as long as these great temps last..cuz we're more than 'due' to get our 6 weeks of winter...

Thats all the excitement from my space of GA.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Today is not Your day if You suffer from Triskaidekaphobia :)

I went out for my walk today for 11.5K steps, The temperature was 54 degrees out the door. During the walk the temperature was dropping and the breeze increasing. Back out later with my brother driving for a little more running around.

They are talking about a Wintery Mix tomorrow on the radio :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    All right. All caught up on food and almost on dishes...but want to finish this glass of wine before dishes. I can go watch the Green Arrow movie now! I finished both the movie serials.
    Hi Ed
    Green Arrow, I had not thought of him for years :)

The Teriyaki Tofu sounds tasty too.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Leftover ribs for breakfast. For such a simple recipe, that was really delicious.
    Supposed to be horribly warm today, for January, but I guess that's better than ice and snow.
    Need to clear the sink and maybe do some house cleaning.
    And take a nap...been up about an hour, woke up with a headache but I think the ibuprofen is starting to work now.
    They ribs looked delicious too.

I agree better Warm than Snow, Not to mention the savings on the energy bill by not running the heat :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! TGIF
    I need to make a comment on Ed's post....it is not 'horribly warm', its deliciously wonderfully delightfully warm today, and for the next several days....:) LOL!!!
    Yesterday I got the butterfly bush cut back, and removed the rose bush my former Korean neighbor 'killed'. I have 4 more rose bushes to go...., and a few other things. Several of which will require DS1's help. (he has the chain saw!)

Dr. Appt today for blood pressure check...
    So this morning I will do indoor chores, and right after seeing little doc, I will be outside with my various pruners! It will be great to have this done. DS1 questioned my mid Jan. pruning, but I think it will be ok...if not I'll be buying a couple new Knock Out roses.
    I also want to transplant some more black mondo grass today and tomorrow, and any day thru Monday or Tues...as long as these great temps last..cuz we're more than 'due' to get our 6 weeks of winter...

Thats all the excitement from my space of GA.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    A bit of a shame that the neighbor killed the Rose Bush.

Maybe You will be lucky and skip into Spring with no real hard winter weather.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Hah! I meant Green Hornet. I don't have a Green Arrow movie. But I think they might be making one! He has shown up in other super hero series episodes once or twice, notably in Smallville as a recurring character.

I'll just finish sipping my second cup of tea (with a slice of fresh lemon dropped in while brewing) now...and think about a nap.

• parityanimal
    Today is Friday the 13th. So that means tomorrow is...SATURDAY THE 14TH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzyAVHkML0A

• parityanimal
    Well, Eduardo has put a quart of beef stock, two beef cubed steaks, browned and diced, a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, half a large white onion, diced, some herbs, seasoning, and a generous splash of good, dry, red wine into one of the crock pots to simmer up a nice, rich cube steak stew for dinner tonight, and, no doubt, several more meals. There is a medium potato on standby to dice up and add later, perhaps an hour or so before dinner, and it looks like JUST enough room in the pot for that potato.

Eduardo is very good at coming up with just the right size pot or other container for food. I think it's genetic, because my mother can do that and my sister in Paducah can do that too.

• RogerToo
    Hah! I meant Green Hornet. I don't have a Green Arrow movie. But I think they might be making one! He has shown up in other super hero series episodes once or twice, notably in Smallville as a recurring character.

I'll just finish sipping my second cup of tea (with a slice of fresh lemon dropped in while brewing) now...and think about a nap.
    Hi Ed
    And here I thought I was the only one doing that sort of thing.
    All I had beyond the morning coffee while walking and a Protein shake was a 7 ounce can of Diet Pepsi :)
    Today is Friday the 13th. So that means tomorrow is...SATURDAY THE 14TH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzyAVHkML0A
    Strangely enough I was thinking of that movie this morning when posting. I had rented it from netflix a while ago if I remember properly or I had found it on YouTube. Ok I found it again on YouTube here
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=SATURDAY+THE+14TH+Youtube&qft=+filterui:duration-long&view=detail&mid=5DC6060F05F348CE8ADD5DC6060F05F348CE8ADD&FORM=VRDGAR 1:16:45 in length.
    Well, Eduardo has put a quart of beef stock, two beef cubed steaks, browned and diced, a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, half a large white onion, diced, some herbs, seasoning, and a generous splash of good, dry, red wine into one of the crock pots to simmer up a nice, rich cube steak stew for dinner tonight, and, no doubt, several more meals. There is a medium potato on standby to dice up and add later, perhaps an hour or so before dinner, and it looks like JUST enough room in the pot for that potato.

Eduardo is very good at coming up with just the right size pot or other container for food. I think it's genetic, because my mother can do that and my sister in Paducah can do that too.
    That does sound delicious, All I plan for dinner is some Frozen vegetables, a navel orange, Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, and this
    Description: Nathan's all beef hot dog in a traditional hot dog bun. Fully cooked and individually packaged in clear printed microwaveable film.
    http://advancepierre.com/product/0671_Nathans-Famous-Beef-Hot-Dog.aspx?cat1=Convenience & Vending&cat2=Nathan's®&cat3=World Famous New York Style Hot Dogs
    Nutrition Facts:
    Serving Size: 3.50 OZ (98 g)
    Calories / Calories from Fat: 270 / 140
    % Daily Value **
    Total Fat 16 g 25%
    Saturated Fat 6 g 30%
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 30 mg 10%
    Sodium 640 mg 27%
    Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 11 g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 6%
    Iron 10%

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was a large salad and THIS:

20170113_170658_zpswunhxfm9.jpg

The soup turned out quite tasty, and there is plenty of it left for further meals.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Saturday Morning,
    Ok, time for me to do a 'reset'. Reset to what I'm not sure... I looked at your dinner Ed, and the first thing I saw was not the delicious stew/soup, but the beautiful round probably warm BISCUIT! How sick am I???? Looks like I'm due for another run to Whole Foods. New Years I was jonesing for vegan cornbread, which luck would have it, was on the hot bar when I stopped at the Midtown store....so, I know Sunday brunch even out here in 'Carnivore' Land Whole Foods (gotta love John's Creek???) will have a big pan of biscuits. There was a time you could also get tofu scramble, but haven't seen that in a long, long time...

Yesterday I enjoyed my Roasted Cauliflower soup, topped with roasted brussels sprouts and roasted carrots. There is enough left for today, and probably Monday lunches as well.
    I also 'hang on to your hats' made Roasted Strawberry Salad dressing...and it is GOOD!!! Had it with a handful of arugula, a scattering of pine nuts, and red onion...mmmmmmmmm!

Ok, what else is on my brain besides food....???? Not a lot, so it must be time for breakfast!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Breakfast was a sort of crustless quiche of egg, bacon, turkey sausage, cheddar and milk, along with a side of yogurt with fresh raspberries.

I think lunch and dinner are likely to be soup and salad.

And remember! It's SATURDAY THE 14TH! And SATURDAY THE 14TH STRIKES BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f0c7Zw5RCI

• GardenKatGardens
    Sooo, if France is Bacon, and being enlightened means the 'penny dropped'....is that what Roger is finding on the sidewalks of NJ????? Must be a lot of enlightenment going on in Jersey!! LOL!!!
    Sorry, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the article!

Mine goes like this...
    When I was a first and second grader we learned to sight read...no phonics. Fast forward a year or two, and I was visiting my Grandmother in St. Louis, and we were riding the Street Car to downtown for shopping and lunch. I loved riding the street car! Well, I look out the window, and see a beautiful carpet of green lawn. It was so perfect they must have trimmed it with a scissors! But there was a sign ...and that sign bothered me for years...it said:
    All Presbyterians Stay Off The Grass
    Really, why just the Presbyterians and not the Methodists or Catholics, etc, and if you were something other than Presbyterian, how would they know?????
    Seriously for years I pondered the plight of the poor Presbyterians....until I was older and ran onto the word....Pedestrians!!!! OMG!!! Such a revelation!!!

Bet you all each have one of those stories too!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    dfOQMT.gif
    Late Christmas Humor

6RNI7F.gif

7scAJk.gif
    Oops, above and below

vqElkN.gif

dfggk4.jpg

lekCDH.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out for my walk today for 9,900 steps + 10 cents, The temperature was 29 degrees out the door which is a 25 degree drop from yesterday for the same time. During the walk the temperature was dropping and the breeze increasing.

They are talking about Snow to a Wintry Mix today from inches to a coating depending on what part of the state. The southern portion getting it worse :( The latest weather forecast says moving in this afternoon.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. This part of the the entire post as posted below was from here: WFAA an ABC station
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/world/crazy-but-true-flight-666-lands-in-hel-on-friday-the-13th/385820638
    Crazy but true: Flight 666 lands in HEL on Friday the 13th
    In a bizarre Friday-the-13th coincidence, a flight bearing the number of the beast went straight to HEL today.

That’s right. Finnair Flight 666 took off from Copenhagen (CPH) and flew directly to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday.

Even better? The flight took off at 13:00 local time, according to Flightaware. The one-hour, 34-minute flight landed at HEL at 3:41 p.m. Helsinki time.

And it gets even wackier.

The Twitter account @Flightradar24, which tracks air traffic around the world, even pointed out the aircraft is 13 years old, according to its registration and serial number.

✈️️ Finnair flight 666, at 13 o'clock on Friday the 13th with a 13 year old aircraft, has landed safely in HELhttps://t.co/0kWfkcARmO pic.twitter.com/OPvpyyq4F4— Flightradar24 (@flightradar24) January 13, 2017
  • RogerToo
    Good Saturday Morning,
    Ok, time for me to do a 'reset'. Reset to what I'm not sure... I looked at your dinner Ed, and the first thing I saw was not the delicious stew/soup, but the beautiful round probably warm BISCUIT! How sick am I???? Looks like I'm due for another run to Whole Foods. New Years I was jonesing for vegan cornbread, which luck would have it, was on the hot bar when I stopped at the Midtown store....so, I know Sunday brunch even out here in 'Carnivore' Land Whole Foods (gotta love John's Creek???) will have a big pan of biscuits. There was a time you could also get tofu scramble, but haven't seen that in a long, long time...

Yesterday I enjoyed my Roasted Cauliflower soup, topped with roasted brussels sprouts and roasted carrots. There is enough left for today, and probably Monday lunches as well.
    I also 'hang on to your hats' made Roasted Strawberry Salad dressing...and it is GOOD!!! Had it with a handful of arugula, a scattering of pine nuts, and red onion...mmmmmmmmm!

Ok, what else is on my brain besides food....???? Not a lot, so it must be time for breakfast!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I thought that the Biscuit looked so good too :)

I may be dumb? However I would not have thought that Vegan Cornbread would be that hard to make?

On a humorous note, too me anyhow...
    On the News last night the reporter said that they were treating the roads where she was with a mix of salt and organic beet juice? Regular beet juice won't work?
    Sooo, if France is Bacon, and being enlightened means the 'penny dropped'....is that what Roger is finding on the sidewalks of NJ????? Must be a lot of enlightenment going on in Jersey!! LOL!!!
    Sorry, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the article!

Mine goes like this...
    When I was a first and second grader we learned to sight read...no phonics. Fast forward a year or two, and I was visiting my Grandmother in St. Louis, and we were riding the Street Car to downtown for shopping and lunch. I loved riding the street car! Well, I look out the window, and see a beautiful carpet of green lawn. It was so perfect they must have trimmed it with a scissors! But there was a sign ...and that sign bothered me for years...it said:
    All Presbyterians Stay Off The Grass
    Really, why just the Presbyterians and not the Methodists or Catholics, etc, and if you were something other than Presbyterian, how would they know?????
    Seriously for years I pondered the plight of the poor Presbyterians....until I was older and ran onto the word....Pedestrians!!!! OMG!!! Such a revelation!!!

Bet you all each have one of those stories too!!!

Later...

I suspect that what I am finding has melted out of the last snow :)

If I said that Hot Dog was tasty with a little ketchup and the scale was happy this morning too would You believe me :)
    FWIW the highest calorie NS dinner entree is 300 calories so this worked for me even with some Ketchup.
    I am thinking about picking up a couple more to stock up the freezer.
    BTW I would like to use a slice of bacon and cheese on the Hot Dog but that would add 60 calories even without the ketchup :(

Pedestrians, That was funny
    Thank You for the Laugh
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Breakfast was a sort of crustless quiche of egg, bacon, turkey sausage, cheddar and milk, along with a side of yogurt with fresh raspberries.

I think lunch and dinner are likely to be soup and salad.

And remember! It's SATURDAY THE 14TH! And SATURDAY THE 14TH STRIKES BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f0c7Zw5RCI
    Hi Ed
    I did find that one on Youtube too.
    If anyone wants to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebG9tQG5sS8

Thank You for jogging my memory
    Roger