Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,226 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 34 out there now, and only a high of 37 expected today. Low of 26 tonight with 100% chance of precipitation and high of only 32 tomorrow.

Guess I better run to the store and buy lots of eggs, milk and bread, huh?

70% chance of precipitation today, but with a high of 37 it should be safe to go to the store, which I actually could stand to do, but don't need eggs, bread or milk. LOL.

I think people must make a lot of French toast and hot cocoa when they are bound in by the weather, judging by what are the biggest sellers.

Since I tend to keep a fairly well stocked kitchen anyway, I generally don't have any need to rush to the store to stock up for bad weather, but it can be very annoying to need to go for a few things and have to deal with the hordes of people who DO seem to feel the need to rush in and stock up because they don't keep a well stocked kitchen!

I sometimes feel like screaming, "What's wrong with you people? Why don't you ALREADY HAVE milk, bread, eggs, soup and crackers in your house? You should BE PREPARED all the time!"

Of course I realize some people do not shop as often as I do. It may seem odd that I really don't LIKE shopping but go often, but since I go often I usually don't have to stay in there very long as my list is short. And not staying in there very long means it's over and done with quickly, which I DO like. It's the being in the store for a long time, dealing with crowds, putting lots of items in the cart, making lots of decisions, standing in long lines to check out, loading up the car, and UNLOADING the car and then having to put lots of stuff away that I don't like. Buying just a few things, getting in and out quickly, and just taking a few minutes to put it all away is great!

I kind of got spoiled while working at Kroger, in the fuel center, because I was able to shop every work day if I wanted to and just get the top, most critical items on the list, and get on home. It was only when I ran out of money and had to wait for payday that I would have to make a big trip.

Now if I want to go several times a week (and I do, I do...) I have to get my butt dressed in "public" clothes, get in the car, and drive to the store. *SOB*

Oddly, I don't feel sorry about that really. LOL.

So I might try to get to the store today after rush hour and BEFORE school lets out this afternoon.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out walking Today and I did 4K steps AKA 1/2 of my normal step count since a little way into the walk the footing was getting slippery. The temperature was 28 degrees this morning the same as Yesterdays. It snowed overnight, possibly an inch +/- around here.

We have snow in the forecast for Saturday morning too, Possibly deeper than today's snowfall :( So far they seem to be saying 2 to 7 inches and they still are not sure as it seems to depend on the track it takes.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    And as you can see, my desk is THE place for Lilo to have her bath this morning.

20170106_075029_zpsxfl7yckt.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Everyone!
    Need to get into the shower..but wanted to say HI!
    Roger great cartoons...loved the dog pulling the little kid on a sled....I have a story...but not right now.....
    Ed, our weather persons have somehow let Winter Into our county... but its GA, so we will still occasionally see a warm day..just not as often as we might like!
    Lee-Ann, glad she stepped foot on Thai soil, and that you could talk to her! I'm sure she'll connect with you soon.

Shower, dress and out the door...lunch with M, trash gathered from all my small baskets, O's gymnastics...and after gymnastics, I can take the trash cart to the street, feed Tom E., feed me,

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I'm glad You enjoyed them. I look forward to hearing Your story whenever You feel like You have the time.

Off to the Bank to get something Notarized later and To take some clothes to the collection Bin at the recycling Center.

Stay Safe & warm.
    Enjoy The Gymnastics
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 34 out there now, and only a high of 37 expected today. Low of 26 tonight with 100% chance of precipitation and high of only 32 tomorrow.

Guess I better run to the store and buy lots of eggs, milk and bread, huh?

70% chance of precipitation today, but with a high of 37 it should be safe to go to the store, which I actually could stand to do, but don't need eggs, bread or milk. LOL.

I think people must make a lot of French toast and hot cocoa when they are bound in by the weather, judging by what are the biggest sellers.

Since I tend to keep a fairly well stocked kitchen anyway, I generally don't have any need to rush to the store to stock up for bad weather, but it can be very annoying to need to go for a few things and have to deal with the hordes of people who DO seem to feel the need to rush in and stock up because they don't keep a well stocked kitchen!

I sometimes feel like screaming, "What's wrong with you people? Why don't you ALREADY HAVE milk, bread, eggs, soup and crackers in your house? You should BE PREPARED all the time!"

Of course I realize some people do not shop as often as I do. It may seem odd that I really don't LIKE shopping but go often, but since I go often I usually don't have to stay in there very long as my list is short. And not staying in there very long means it's over and done with quickly, which I DO like. It's the being in the store for a long time, dealing with crowds, putting lots of items in the cart, making lots of decisions, standing in long lines to check out, loading up the car, and UNLOADING the car and then having to put lots of stuff away that I don't like. Buying just a few things, getting in and out quickly, and just taking a few minutes to put it all away is great!

I kind of got spoiled while working at Kroger, in the fuel center, because I was able to shop every work day if I wanted to and just get the top, most critical items on the list, and get on home. It was only when I ran out of money and had to wait for payday that I would have to make a big trip.

Now if I want to go several times a week (and I do, I do...) I have to get my butt dressed in "public" clothes, get in the car, and drive to the store. *SOB*

Oddly, I don't feel sorry about that really. LOL.

So I might try to get to the store today after rush hour and BEFORE school lets out this afternoon.
    Hi Ed
    We had a Whopping Trace to three inches of snow forecast depending on where You were in the state and Snow Panic Mas was out yesterday. They interviewed people coming out of the Grocery Stores and the usual comment seemed to be Eggs, Bread & Milk Just in case :)

If We could not get out for a week or longer for food it would not be a problem. I keep two quarts of UHT milk on the pantry shelf for cereal, Plenty of Foods on hand too. MY brother keeps an adequate stock of foods specific to his tastes on hand too.

I always wondered what they do with the foods they rush out to buy when the snow turns out to be a Non event :)
    Every year it is also the same thing, Snow in the forecast and they clean out the shelves buying Ice Melt & shovels. What do they do in the spring, Throw out the old ones ?

I try and get in and out as expeditiously as possible too. That is one nice thing about going to the Grocery Store while walking, They just opened and it is rare that there is anyone in the one line that is open at that time.

Stay Warm, Safe & Dry
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited January 2017
    Good 'pre-snow' Friday Morning!
    I have been awake since about 6:30, watched local snow news while still in bed. Then I've been catering to a cat's wishes, and cooking, and clearing email ever since. "burger' has been out and in 3 times already in barely 3 hours...see why I call him 'Burger'...In & out!!

Ed, I'm going to send a video that a friend posted this morning...we worked together for a long time, and she and several of us ran around together for years... But she's in Nebraska now.Anyhow, this video is a guy going into a true panic because it is GOING to snow.... It is pure ATL, GA!!! I've been laughing all morning!

Like Ed, a trip to the grocery could happen, maybe. I need ¼ cup of cornmeal??? I'm thinking its not going to happen. At least it would be a quick stop, and not for the usual Bread, milk, etc.

Roger, NJ folks sound just like down here...LOL!! Kinda sad... I have a well stocked pantry, freezer, etc. As long as I have electricity I'm good. If not, my gas range and I will be doing a lot of cooking to 1. stay warm, and 2. stay busy, and 3. have lots to eat!!!

I don't know how much snow I'll actually get, but the I-85 corridor is forecasted to get 4 inches of snow....hummmm! I live about 1 ¼ miles from that Interstate!! double hummmm!
    Not worried, I have no place to go, and will not go out if there is snow or ice on the street.
    I think animals can sense incomming stormy weather, and that's what's driving Tom E., er, Burger this morning. He's eating like there will be a blizzard, and then its back out to check the yard... I may have to take a nap or have a headache or something to escape this cat! :)

Ok, for now that is all....

(I've cooked enough this morning for 3 refrigerated greens, rice, beans, etc breakfasts, and one that I froze. so all of a sudden riding the recumbent bike sounds more appealing than clearing the kitchen sink.) LOL a lot!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I got to the store about 9:30 or so this morning and it was already a madhouse in there. And they only had two registers (and the 6 u-scans) open, and neither of the 15 items or less express lanes were open, so I opted to wait in the u-scan line, which wasn't too terribly long a wait, got my stuff, no milk or eggs and only a couple of half price demi-baguettes for bread, just because I happened to see them and I can make small garlic cheese toast pieces from them to go with the individual lasagnas in the freezer. One of the loaves is already in the freezer to to with two of the individual lasagna servings, and one will go with the two individual lasagnas I plan to warm up tonight for dinner.

I think Eduardo can handle slicing up a demi-baguette, making some garlic butter, and sprinkling on some cheese to give each of us a couple of small pieces of bread to go with the lasagna. That and a salad made from the red butter lettuce and some tomatoes that are supposed to arrive in today's CSA box should make a nice dinner. And Eduardo doesn't have to go to a whole lot of trouble to put it together. Eddie even got commercially bottled salad dressing! (OK, I had a coupon for a free bottle of Ranch dressing...)

• parityanimal
    Val, I saw the video on facebook. Speaking of which, why does FaceBook say that you live in Hella, Iceland?

• GardenKatGardens
    LOL! Ed!! You just now see that?
    I was sorta 'forced' to join fb by my niece Leslie... I really didn't want to...so I told it as little as possible, and maybe a thing or two could be in error!! ??? Since I hate cold weather, I decided Iceland was as far wrong as I'd go...and looking at the map of Iceland, Hella was the only city I could pronounce! :) So, now you know. :) (Age, pix, etc is all accurate. Its been a big joke among my family and friends. )

So far only rain over here, and they seem to be moving that 4 inches of rain farther north, so maybe I'll only get 2-3 inches. Still too much to go out in! I'm here till I can see pavement and pot holes!

Stay safe over there.

Its cruddy everywhere I think. My SIL in 'warm sunny south Tex' is 40 degrees going to 25 tonite...and my poor little brother in MO...is now 11 degrees...going to 6 degrees tonite, and thus you see why I don't live in MO!

Enjoy your dinner...the bread sounds delicious! Garlic butter and cheese...be still my heart!

Later... (from South Hella)

• parityanimal
    Tonight’s dinner:
    Enormous salad with Romaine, red bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, sliced cremini mushrooms, radishes, fake bacon bits and garlic cheese croutons. Garlic cheese toast made from an artisan demi-baguette with added garlic butter and pizza cheese blend, and a marinara dip. Stouffers individual lasagne entrées. J and I are still stuffed.

Wine of choice: Empyrean Eridanus Claret (Bordeaux style red), 2005, Yakima Valley, Washington State.
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning Folks,

I am refusing to look outside yet in case it looks like snow - you know that look, right? Before it snows? Of course, it is still dark, so I would not see anything, so maybe I could take a chance.

Ed, your last post about the salad is making me want to cook up some quinoa today to mix with some veggies and feta cheese to keep a salad on hand. I like it either with plain balsamic vinegar or Walden Farms balsamic vinegarette (I can never spell that word!) dressing - the no-cal stuff. Val probably would not use it since it is very far removed from real food, but it tastes good and has no anything - calories, fat, sugar. But it does have good taste!

Val, I went shopping a few days ago, middle of the day and - yes - it was mobbed! I think it was 2 days before our predicted snow, so I do not know what was going on, since I think folks usually wait for the day before. I did end up with eggs (unplanned) since they were on sale for $1.69/dozen for cage free organic ones - that was worth it to buy 2 dozen! No butter or milk since we are stocked, and I use almond milk (Marc uses cow's milk). As for bread - I buy flour in 50 pound amounts through the email and store it in the freezer so I can make all my bread, so I cam good there, as long as I have yeast!

Roger, good thing you cut that walk short if it was slippery out there - the ice can be so difficult to see and so dangerous! Be careful if you do the walking today.

I feel Iike I just got divorced and remarried - I switched phone carriers from Verizon to Sprint. VZW has gotten so expensive and my son said his friends are doing well with Sprint, plus they have a very good promotion going on right now, so we made the switch last night. Why do I feel so "dirty"? I just have to keep telling myself - it is only a phone plan!

Time to move on folks, stay warm,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 21 degrees out there now, with a dusting of snow on top of ice. I have no idea how the roads are and really have no intention of finding out personally. High of only 31 predicted with 20% chance of additional flurries early in the day.

Eduardo normally makes the salad dressing here, but since Eddie had that coupon for a free bottle of dressing it was used. Last night's salad was supposed to be lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and radish, with a few fake bacon bits and croutons. But then Eduardo got loose and the next thing you know we were sitting down to a salad that had plenty of lettuce but you couldn't SEE the lettuce for all the other stuff on there. It was good, and very filling, but of course salad, on its own, doesn't tend to last all that long.

Here's the picture I took of the salads.

20170106_184455_zpsdy6nrirw.jpg

Well, I need to clear the sink after giving this cat on my desk (Lilo) the amount of snuggling and attention she requires for the moment. Typing around her is rather difficult...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Hi
    I went out early for my walking Today and I did 9,675 steps. The temperature was 24 degrees this morning and more of a wind then yesterdays It has not started to snow yet although there is snow in the forecast for this morning.

FWIW I did do some walking in the house and ended up at 8K steps most of which I made up this morning so it could be worse.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good 'pre-snow' Friday Morning!
    I have been awake since about 6:30, watched local snow news while still in bed. Then I've been catering to a cat's wishes, and cooking, and clearing email ever since. "burger' has been out and in 3 times already in barely 3 hours...see why I call him 'Burger'...In & out!!

Ed, I'm going to send a video that a friend posted this morning...we worked together for a long time, and she and several of us ran around together for years... But she's in Nebraska now.Anyhow, this video is a guy going into a true panic because it is GOING to snow.... It is pure ATL, GA!!! I've been laughing all morning!

Like Ed, a trip to the grocery could happen, maybe. I need ¼ cup of cornmeal??? I'm thinking its not going to happen. At least it would be a quick stop, and not for the usual Bread, milk, etc.

Roger, NJ folks sound just like down here...LOL!! Kinda sad... I have a well stocked pantry, freezer, etc. As long as I have electricity I'm good. If not, my gas range and I will be doing a lot of cooking to 1. stay warm, and 2. stay busy, and 3. have lots to eat!!!

I don't know how much snow I'll actually get, but the I-85 corridor is forecasted to get 4 inches of snow....hummmm! I live about 1 ¼ miles from that Interstate!! double hummmm!
    Not worried, I have no place to go, and will not go out if there is snow or ice on the street.
    I think animals can sense incomming stormy weather, and that's what's driving Tom E., er, Burger this morning. He's eating like there will be a blizzard, and then its back out to check the yard... I may have to take a nap or have a headache or something to escape this cat! :)

Ok, for now that is all....

(I've cooked enough this morning for 3 refrigerated greens, rice, beans, etc breakfasts, and one that I froze. so all of a sudden riding the recumbent bike sounds more appealing than clearing the kitchen sink.) LOL a lot!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have seen snow panic man videos :)
    We have a Gas Range and a electric oven so if we lose power the worst part is losing heat.

I need to recharge the iPod it announced in my ear as I neared the house "Low Battery".

I suspect that I would not bother going to the store with snow in the forecast either. BTW when did forecasted come into usage. I hear it all the time on the TV anymore and yet I though forecast covered the future tense too.
    LOL! Ed!! You just now see that?
    I was sorta 'forced' to join fb by my niece Leslie... I really didn't want to...so I told it as little as possible, and maybe a thing or two could be in error!! ??? Since I hate cold weather, I decided Iceland was as far wrong as I'd go...and looking at the map of Iceland, Hella was the only city I could pronounce! :) So, now you know. :) (Age, pix, etc is all accurate. Its been a big joke among my family and friends. )

So far only rain over here, and they seem to be moving that 4 inches of rain farther north, so maybe I'll only get 2-3 inches. Still too much to go out in! I'm here till I can see pavement and pot holes!

Stay safe over there.

Its cruddy everywhere I think. My SIL in 'warm sunny south Tex' is 40 degrees going to 25 tonite...and my poor little brother in MO...is now 11 degrees...going to 6 degrees tonite, and thus you see why I don't live in MO!

Enjoy your dinner...the bread sounds delicious! Garlic butter and cheese...be still my heart!

Later... (from South Hella)
    When I see the security questions from some websites when I join I use different answers for the questions and just keep a notebook. If you look at the answers I have used Mom sure did have a lot of different maiden names :) for some of the others I just have no inclination to help their data mining.

Global warming, That's it, that is why it is so cold down south :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I got to the store about 9:30 or so this morning and it was already a madhouse in there. And they only had two registers (and the 6 u-scans) open, and neither of the 15 items or less express lanes were open, so I opted to wait in the u-scan line, which wasn't too terribly long a wait, got my stuff, no milk or eggs and only a couple of half price demi-baguettes for bread, just because I happened to see them and I can make small garlic cheese toast pieces from them to go with the individual lasagnas in the freezer. One of the loaves is already in the freezer to to with two of the individual lasagna servings, and one will go with the two individual lasagnas I plan to warm up tonight for dinner.

I think Eduardo can handle slicing up a demi-baguette, making some garlic butter, and sprinkling on some cheese to give each of us a couple of small pieces of bread to go with the lasagna. That and a salad made from the red butter lettuce and some tomatoes that are supposed to arrive in today's CSA box should make a nice dinner. And Eduardo doesn't have to go to a whole lot of trouble to put it together. Eddie even got commercially bottled salad dressing! (OK, I had a coupon for a free bottle of Ranch dressing...)
    Hi Ed
    I remain amazed by how people panic at the mention of Snow and stock up.
    My brother refuses to use a self serve checkout line and I will not use one until I start getting a nice discount for doing it. I figure that a discount for using self serve will never happen.

Your mention of Lasagna is giving me a craving to go to the local Italian Deli for some of their Home Made Lasagna. They have a lot of Home made salad items as well as assorted Ravioli and Tomato Gravies that they also make fresh and sale in their refrigerated section.

Garlic Bread, Yum both ways with and without cheese.
    Tonight’s dinner:
    Enormous salad with Romaine, red bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, sliced cremini mushrooms, radishes, fake bacon bits and garlic cheese croutons. Garlic cheese toast made from an artisan demi-baguette with added garlic butter and pizza cheese blend, and a marinara dip. Stouffers individual lasagne entrées. J and I are still stuffed.

Wine of choice: Empyrean Eridanus Claret (Bordeaux style red), 2005, Yakima Valley, Washington State.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 21 degrees out there now, with a dusting of snow on top of ice. I have no idea how the roads are and really have no intention of finding out personally. High of only 31 predicted with 20% chance of additional flurries early in the day.

Eduardo normally makes the salad dressing here, but since Eddie had that coupon for a free bottle of dressing it was used. Last night's salad was supposed to be lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and radish, with a few fake bacon bits and croutons. But then Eduardo got loose and the next thing you know we were sitting down to a salad that had plenty of lettuce but you couldn't SEE the lettuce for all the other stuff on there. It was good, and very filling, but of course salad, on its own, doesn't tend to last all that long.

Here's the picture I took of the salads.

20170106_184455_zpsdy6nrirw.jpg

Well, I need to clear the sink after giving this cat on my desk (Lilo) the amount of snuggling and attention she requires for the moment. Typing around her is rather difficult...
    That sounds like a really Smart move avoiding snow on ice. That makes for treacherous driving.

Free is a good price any day of the week. I used a Coupon for a free Dunkin Donuts Coffee this morning.

I like Thousand Island dressing on Burgers or Chicken sandwiches as a alternative to more traditional flavors for variety.

Stay Safe & Warm
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks,

I am refusing to look outside yet in case it looks like snow - you know that look, right? Before it snows? Of course, it is still dark, so I would not see anything, so maybe I could take a chance.

Ed, your last post about the salad is making me want to cook up some quinoa today to mix with some veggies and feta cheese to keep a salad on hand. I like it either with plain balsamic vinegar or Walden Farms balsamic vinegarette (I can never spell that word!) dressing - the no-cal stuff. Val probably would not use it since it is very far removed from real food, but it tastes good and has no anything - calories, fat, sugar. But it does have good taste!

Val, I went shopping a few days ago, middle of the day and - yes - it was mobbed! I think it was 2 days before our predicted snow, so I do not know what was going on, since I think folks usually wait for the day before. I did end up with eggs (unplanned) since they were on sale for $1.69/dozen for cage free organic ones - that was worth it to buy 2 dozen! No butter or milk since we are stocked, and I use almond milk (Marc uses cow's milk). As for bread - I buy flour in 50 pound amounts through the email and store it in the freezer so I can make all my bread, so I cam good there, as long as I have yeast!

Roger, good thing you cut that walk short if it was slippery out there - the ice can be so difficult to see and so dangerous! Be careful if you do the walking today.

I feel Iike I just got divorced and remarried - I switched phone carriers from Verizon to Sprint. VZW has gotten so expensive and my son said his friends are doing well with Sprint, plus they have a very good promotion going on right now, so we made the switch last night. Why do I feel so "dirty"? I just have to keep telling myself - it is only a phone plan!

Time to move on folks, stay warm,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I suspect if You look out right now You would see snow according to NJ101.5 since I believe You are south of where I am. I just peeked out and no snow yet, they do say down the shore at LBI coming up from the south OTOH so I know it is coming.

Nothing wrong with buying sale items You use as long as the shelf life on them is good and eggs usually last well.

Bread is one of the things my brother has limited success with, His beer bread is tasty however.

If the coverage works, You can keep Your phone number and the price is good why not.
    I would be Semi afraid of getting a new phone number, I have heard horror stories about people that got new to them phone numbers only to find out that the old person that had the number was a deadbeat and the bill collectors refuse to believe You are not the person and call relentlessly...

Stay Safe
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    7i1feF.png

xWyCUu.jpg

hCZEnA.jpg
    Poor Thing

sLBXPc.jpg

xbyKCw.png
    Decisions, Decisions :)

Nun352.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...its Saturday as already noted...
    I'm last to the table today...Lee-Ann posted before 4:30!!!
    I have used Walden Farms in the past...evidently didn't kill me! But, yes, probably wouldn't use it currently.

I have a slight dusting of flour, er, snow here. I had high hopes for all the little kids in N. GA to be able to sled...not happening here. :(
    Trees are coated in ice, and a bit of sun makes even the smallest of twigs sparkle.

Roger...loved so many of those cartoons. I think my fav. was the poor little Schipperke made to look like a skunk! And the kitten with the stuffed animal makes me remember poor old Sweeny...one day he caught a squirrel, and it must have been quite a chase, as when I looked out the porch door, there was my Sweeny sound asleep, hugging HIS dead squirrel. I'm assuming so his brothers wouldn't swipe it!?
    Story Alert:
    And about the dog pulling a little on his sled....sorta did that in MA when DS1 was about 22 mths old...hooked the dog up to kids little red wagon, set kid in the wagon, encouraged the dog to start pulling with a hot dog, and the little wagon rattled, scared the dog, who bolted, which tipped the wagon up, spilled the kid out onto the driveway, and the now empty wagon REALLY rattled, dog ran like blazes, kid is crying (not hurt, just startled), and my hub and I laughing our butts off..after catching the dog! Probably scarred the kid and the dog for life, but funny as funny can be to witness!!

Ok, I need something more than coffee this morning...fortunately my greens and beans breakfast just needs a reheat in the microwave. I out did myself, and made 3 very big meals, and one for the freezer also!! Makes me feel positively 'rich'! :)

Ed...that salad looked fantastic, but I'd have been hungry and looking for something to eat after about 2-3 hours. And that's when I get myself into junk food trouble. No, I don't keep junk food in the house, but I can combine real food in such a way as to make it junk...its an art I wish I was not so accomplished in! :( However some beans and rice, or tofu, or baked potato, etc would have held me until morning!

Tummy says 'feed me, feed me NOW....

Later...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out for some of my walking Today and I did 4100 steps Outdoors. I have done some more walking indoors with more to come and I am now up to 5700 steps. The temperature was 15 degrees this morning and more of a wind and thus wind chill then yesterday. It to snow between 9:30 and 10AM yesterday. This morning according to the weather report nearby they had 2.8" of snow, My Brother believes that we had over 4" here. We went out shoveling twice yesterday once around 3:30 and for a final shoveling around 7:30PM as the snow had finished falling.

I decided to go out today for two reasons, The first reason was I wanted to get some walking in before the traffic packed it down into slippery conditions. The second reason was to pick up Fruit at the Grocery Store where I picked up 8 nicely greenish Bananas so they should last well in the refrigerator, Two types of Apples and D'Anjou Pears for a total of 6 pieces. Last but not least some sliced Ham that will work to stay on plan as the PF to go with the SC Wrap as a mid-morning snack.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...its Saturday as already noted...
    I'm last to the table today...Lee-Ann posted before 4:30!!!
    I have used Walden Farms in the past...evidently didn't kill me! But, yes, probably wouldn't use it currently.

I have a slight dusting of flour, er, snow here. I had high hopes for all the little kids in N. GA to be able to sled...not happening here. :(
    Trees are coated in ice, and a bit of sun makes even the smallest of twigs sparkle.

Roger...loved so many of those cartoons. I think my fav. was the poor little Schipperke made to look like a skunk! And the kitten with the stuffed animal makes me remember poor old Sweeny...one day he caught a squirrel, and it must have been quite a chase, as when I looked out the porch door, there was my Sweeny sound asleep, hugging HIS dead squirrel. I'm assuming so his brothers wouldn't swipe it!?
    Story Alert:
    And about the dog pulling a little on his sled....sorta did that in MA when DS1 was about 22 mths old...hooked the dog up to kids little red wagon, set kid in the wagon, encouraged the dog to start pulling with a hot dog, and the little wagon rattled, scared the dog, who bolted, which tipped the wagon up, spilled the kid out onto the driveway, and the now empty wagon REALLY rattled, dog ran like blazes, kid is crying (not hurt, just startled), and my hub and I laughing our butts off..after catching the dog! Probably scarred the kid and the dog for life, but funny as funny can be to witness!!

Ok, I need something more than coffee this morning...fortunately my greens and beans breakfast just needs a reheat in the microwave. I out did myself, and made 3 very big meals, and one for the freezer also!! Makes me feel positively 'rich'! :)

Ed...that salad looked fantastic, but I'd have been hungry and looking for something to eat after about 2-3 hours. And that's when I get myself into junk food trouble. No, I don't keep junk food in the house, but I can combine real food in such a way as to make it junk...its an art I wish I was not so accomplished in! :( However some beans and rice, or tofu, or baked potato, etc would have held me until morning!

Tummy says 'feed me, feed me NOW....

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Interesting story with the red wagon :)

I'm glad You liked the pictures... Interesting that You had a experience like that. I would have thought that a Squirrel would be hard for a cat to catch based on the fact that I do see a Large cat roaming the neighborhood and Lots of Trees rats and Rabbits in the area too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's 16 sunny degrees outside, and only supposed to get up to 34 today. Don't know if I'll get out in this or not. I don't think I have any CRITICAL items on the shopping list, so probably I won't get out in it.

Finished off the last of my jowl bacon for breakfast with another rare treat, a couple of basted eggs. I think I've had my fat for the day now.

Laundry in the works for later today.

Now got to get the sink cleared and the stove cleaned off.