Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    "Lord save us from idiot baggers"! Amen! They're out there. Like my bag of cilantro UNDER 3 one liter bottles of sparkling water...which I set in the bar...and found the cilantro about 4 days later....YUCK!

I came here to thank Ed for something he didn't even know he'd caused..... :)
    Remember the liquid I drained off my Shipwreck Casserole??? That made the most delicious gravy. I used that instead of my usual veg. broth. The rest of the gravy is 2 T. Beesan flour, and 1 T. Tahini. heat til it boils and thickens, which happens almost immediately, sprinkle with black pepper and I use it as a sauce on veg. or beans, and gravy on smashed potatoes, etc. I've been meaning to post this for days now. Thanks Ed!!

Roger, I'm amazed at how quickly you bounced back after your cold/flu??? Sounds like you're doing great. Wonderful NSV the other day. Its great when people not only notice but give you compliments!

Ok, my day is done. Sink could use Eduardo's touch, but if he doesn't have time I'll catch them tomorrow.

Tomorrow I go for x-rays on my thumb. Fingers crossed that this bone chip is being reattached to the bone without surgical help...........

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I think we have all had mishaps with foods like that. As an example something slid out of the bag into the trunk and was not discovered for several days, The Nose knows :)

Beesan flour, What it is?

Good Luck with the thumb
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    The pie was a fully top crusted cherry pie. The croutons will be OK. Maybe some got crushed in the bag, but overall they should be fine. If I see THAT sacker at the lane again, I'll keep a close eye on him or tell him to go away and "help" someone else...and sack it myself.
  • parityanimal
    Lunch today was some home made spicy, hearty vegetable soup with one flattened biscuit flatbread apiece, brushed with butter and sprinkled with rosemary.

Delicious!

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Sometimes I hate this trac pad. There I said it.
    It just 'offed' a whole post.

HI!!!!
    Good news maybe, not so good possibly!?!? He said he could not see bone knitting on the x-ray, but that if could be happening on the back side, and not showing for a few days? Took my cast off, and is sending to me tomorrow morning to a guy who will make a molded splint that can be removed for bathing, etc. I really did not mind the cast, but it it makes him happy..........

Stopped at Whole Foods...yep, tofu for lunch. And a couple of things. Then this afternoon I went back out to pump gas into my car, and pick up 2 scripts at Costco...got another bottle of calcium supplement, my Promise bread, I have some in the freezer, but since its sometimes difficult to find, I got it while it was available. I also returned 2 items from a week or so ago, and then since I was doing returns, returned a wireless doorbell to Home Depot. Feeling like I got some 'stuff' accomplished.

Need to let the cat in, and feed the little 'dear'. In the middle of the night he decided he wanted in my bedroom...nope, nope, nope...and pulled the area run out from under the door, and then banged against the door for about an hour...still nope! Tonite I will sleep with a pair of sneakers handy, and throw them at the door to give him a scare. This is not acceptable behavior!!! LOL! He was on my last nerve anyhow. Tried to bite me when I rocked him, tried to bite my cast (he's done that before), wanted in and out literally every 15 minutes all evening...which is why I went to bed early...
    Stubborn cat who thinks he 'owns' me, has met a hardheaded MO mule. He can just give up cuz it's still NOPE!! :)

Windy here...nicely warm in the 50's, but that wind....arg. same for tomorrow I think. Its not white, and its not slick, and I can drive in it....so, all A-OK!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight we had the frittata...but J didn't make it, Eduardo did.

And I have a nice slice left over for a meal tomorrow. :)

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Been up since 6:00. At some point in the night we had a brief power outage, as I had to reset the time on the microwave oven first thing.

Lilo has been fed. Ariel has been fed. I've been fed (yogurt with dried raspberries, sausage links) and I'm sipping tea now.

We are already almost done with the first month of the new year. Shocking, isn't it?

Here's some kids trying Indonesian food. I love Indonesian food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcZsAF9sH8

• RogerToo
    ECvAAM.jpg

I9EFn2.jpg

r7hzCk.gif

7J6UqH.jpg

Maof09.jpg

C6ydqd.jpg

Cx40dn.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking for 10.8K Steps. The temperature is 27 degrees and it felt less comfortable walking than yesterday. The snow is forecast to arrive around 10:30 :(

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    The pie was a fully top crusted cherry pie. The croutons will be OK. Maybe some got crushed in the bag, but overall they should be fine. If I see THAT sacker at the lane again, I'll keep a close eye on him or tell him to go away and "help" someone else...and sack it myself.
    Hi Ed
    That was lucky it was a fully crusted pie, I would still have been unhappy. That does sound like a plan, OTOH if the sacker does that poor a job they are most likely unhappy with the work and will not be there long. IMO if You do a job, either do it to the best of Your abilities or do not start.
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Been up since 6:00. At some point in the night we had a brief power outage, as I had to reset the time on the microwave oven first thing.

Lilo has been fed. Ariel has been fed. I've been fed (yogurt with dried raspberries, sausage links) and I'm sipping tea now.

We are already almost done with the first month of the new year. Shocking, isn't it?

Here's some kids trying Indonesian food. I love Indonesian food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcZsAF9sH8
    I think the last power outage we had recently may have killed the clock function in the Microwave, I can not get the clock to display to try and set it. The good news is that the heating time function still works.

1/12 of the year is now done with :)

I do not recall ever trying Indonesian food, What is it like, Spicy or a lot of rice or ??

Thanks
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Sometimes I hate this trac pad. There I said it.
    It just 'offed' a whole post.

HI!!!!
    Good news maybe, not so good possibly!?!? He said he could not see bone knitting on the x-ray, but that if could be happening on the back side, and not showing for a few days? Took my cast off, and is sending to me tomorrow morning to a guy who will make a molded splint that can be removed for bathing, etc. I really did not mind the cast, but it it makes him happy..........

Stopped at Whole Foods...yep, tofu for lunch. And a couple of things. Then this afternoon I went back out to pump gas into my car, and pick up 2 scripts at Costco...got another bottle of calcium supplement, my Promise bread, I have some in the freezer, but since its sometimes difficult to find, I got it while it was available. I also returned 2 items from a week or so ago, and then since I was doing returns, returned a wireless doorbell to Home Depot. Feeling like I got some 'stuff' accomplished.

Need to let the cat in, and feed the little 'dear'. In the middle of the night he decided he wanted in my bedroom...nope, nope, nope...and pulled the area run out from under the door, and then banged against the door for about an hour...still nope! Tonite I will sleep with a pair of sneakers handy, and throw them at the door to give him a scare. This is not acceptable behavior!!! LOL! He was on my last nerve anyhow. Tried to bite me when I rocked him, tried to bite my cast (he's done that before), wanted in and out literally every 15 minutes all evening...which is why I went to bed early...
    Stubborn cat who thinks he 'owns' me, has met a hardheaded MO mule. He can just give up cuz it's still NOPE!! :)

Windy here...nicely warm in the 50's, but that wind....arg. same for tomorrow I think. Its not white, and its not slick, and I can drive in it....so, all A-OK!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I did have a stray thought regarding the MIA post you killed....
    The next time try a Control Z in windows (Undo) and in Apple OS X use

The Undo and Redo Options

When making quick adjustments to your document, you may want to undo or redo the most recent action performed. These keyboard shortcuts can save you time by not having to scroll through the Edit menu, or Standard toolbar to perform the action.
    Action Key Command
    To undo previous action [command] + [Z]
    To redo previous action [command] + [Y]
    To cancel any action [esc]

I will think positive thoughts regarding the bone knitting.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    It seems that MFP is interpreting some of these shortcuts and doing strange things, Hopefully they will be helpful anyway

Just in case here are keyboard shortcuts for OS X
    Macintosh OS X Keyboard Shortcuts

Edit Operations, Such as cut, copy, paste, and check spelling
    Action Key Command
    Cut [command] + [X]
    Copy [command] + [C]
    Paste [command] + [V]
    Check spelling [F7]
    Bold text [command] +
    Italicize text [command] +
    Remove text formatting [control] + [spacebar]

Selecting Text, In order to format text, it must be selected.
    Action Key Command

Select all [command] + [A]
    Select one character to the right [shift] +
    Select one character to the left [shift] +
    Select to the beginning of a word [shift] + [option] +
    Select to the end of a word [shift] +[option] +
    Select to the end of the line [shift] + [end]
    Select to the beginning of the line [shift] + [home]
    Select one line down [shift] + [down arrow]
    Select one line up [shift] + [up arrow]
    Select to the end of the paragraph [command] + [shift] + [down arrow]
    Select to the beginning of the paragraph [command] + [shift] + [up arrow]
    Select one screen down [shift] + [page down]
    Select one screen up [shift] + [page up]
    Select to the beginning of the document [command] + [shift] + [home]
    Select to the end of the document [command] + [shift] + [end]

Undo and Redo Options
    Action Key Command
    To undo previous action [command] + [Z]
    To redo previous action [command] + [Y]
    To cancel any action [esc]
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I do not recall ever trying Indonesian food, What is it like, Spicy or a lot of rice or ??

Thanks
    Roger

It is very similar to Thai, but somewhat different...hard to define the difference, but the hottest (spicy hot) fried rice I ever had was at a Malaysian restaurant in San Francisco. All the little countries around that area have fairly similar food, as one might expect in an area where the countries are small and packed together. So we have Burmese, Indonesian, Thai, and Malaysian, all of which I have tried and liked, then there is also Vietnamese, which I like though it's not generally as spicy as the prior four.

It almost seems like you could follow a geographical trail from India to China along that route and the food would be spicier at and toward the Indian end and somewhat less spicy at and toward the Chinese end, but with exceptions, of course, as even China has some quite spicy dishes, though I've not found Chinese to be spicy as a rule. Then on up to Japan and even less spice, in my opinion.

I haven't tried Laotian food but would expect it to be very similar to Vietnamese, as they border each other if I recall my geography correctly. No, I'm not going to look that up to make sure. The exact geography of southeast Asia isn't all THAT important to me to remember perfectly. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi!
    Have an ugly black splint, but the kids are going to bring stickers and decorate it! Can't wait to see this!!! LOL!

73 was our high today...it was WONDERFUL...I type this remembering Roger was expecting snow...sorry....

Finishing my dinner, Tom has been rocked, and I think there is a video and then an early night in my near future!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    fdgfplfs52td.jpg

The advantage is I can take it off for my showers!!! If it works I'm willing to put up with the ugly...and the kids decorations!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8.5K Steps + 1 cent. The temperature is 35 degrees, and comfortable for walking. Yesterdays snow ended up being not bad. A few minutes with the broom and the sidewalks were clean. Today some of the sidewalks that had not been cleaned and were shaded still had snow on them. Since the roads were good I modified my route for walking to less traveled roads where there were no sidewalks :)

I'll be off to CostCo around 9:30 or so for Toilet Paper, Multi-vitamins and since I'll be there a bag of frozen Green Beans and a bag of Normandy Mix vegetables.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Average Hotel Rates In Punxsutawney For Groundhog Day More Expensive Than Those In Houston For Super Bowl

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — We’re just days away from Super Bowl 51 in Houston — but it appears Pennsylvania has the hottest event in February.

Groundhog Day is this Thursday, and apparently people are shelling out big bucks to celebrate the traditional holiday with Punxsutawney Phil.

The hotel website Trivago looked at average hotel rates for Punxsutawney around Groundhog Day. It found they’re actually more expensive than those in Houston for the Super Bowl.

According to Trivago, it costs about $450 for a one-night hotel stay in Punxsutawney. That is compared to the $340 for a room in Houston.

Shadow or not, the average rate drops by more than $300 the day after Groundhog Day.
  • RogerToo

Thanks
    Roger

It is very similar to Thai, but somewhat different...hard to define the difference, but the hottest (spicy hot) fried rice I ever had was at a Malaysian restaurant in San Francisco. All the little countries around that area have fairly similar food, as one might expect in an area where the countries are small and packed together. So we have Burmese, Indonesian, Thai, and Malaysian, all of which I have tried and liked, then there is also Vietnamese, which I like though it's not generally as spicy as the prior four.

It almost seems like you could follow a geographical trail from India to China along that route and the food would be spicier at and toward the Indian end and somewhat less spicy at and toward the Chinese end, but with exceptions, of course, as even China has some quite spicy dishes, though I've not found Chinese to be spicy as a rule. Then on up to Japan and even less spice, in my opinion.

I haven't tried Laotian food but would expect it to be very similar to Vietnamese, as they border each other if I recall my geography correctly. No, I'm not going to look that up to make sure. The exact geography of southeast Asia isn't all THAT important to me to remember perfectly. :)
    Hi Ed
    I do like some of the Thai food, I do avoid spicy foods as they are not to my taste. The only countries foods that You mentioned that I have had would be the Chinese, including Dim Sum in San Francisco on Vacation, Americanized Japanese and Thai.

I had not thought of it that Spicier ran from a high of India to a Low of Japanese :) That does makes sense.

Thank You for the Information
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Have an ugly black splint, but the kids are going to bring stickers and decorate it! Can't wait to see this!!! LOL!

73 was our high today...it was WONDERFUL...I type this remembering Roger was expecting snow...sorry....

Finishing my dinner, Tom has been rocked, and I think there is a video and then an early night in my near future!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    73 sounds like great weather to finish off the month of January :)
    Fortunately the snow was a non event in my part of the state, further north they had a couple of inches of the white stuff.
    fdgfplfs52td.jpg

The advantage is I can take it off for my showers!!! If it works I'm willing to put up with the ugly...and the kids decorations!

Later...

Interesting, That looks like a elastic bandage underneath the splint. It is not any uglier than what I had when I broke a bone in the lower leg some years ago.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Later...

Not ugly at all! Black goes with EVERYTHING. And black is beautiful. ;)

It should be very interesting with the stickers. And at least you can take it off to clean and scratch the itches!
    Hi Ed
    I do like some of the Thai food, I do avoid spicy foods as they are not to my taste. The only countries foods that You mentioned that I have had would be the Chinese, including Dim Sum in San Francisco on Vacation, Americanized Japanese and Thai.

I had not thought of it that Spicier ran from a high of India to a Low of Japanese :) That does makes sense.

Roger

I'm sure ALL of them have items that are not terribly spicy, or can be prepared with less spice, excepting, of course, any items that are pre-made and ready to serve, where you really can't make them less spicy than they are at that point. We just really like spicy and tend to go for the hot side, though I do occasionally stray over to the less spicy side of the menu. Fortunately, most restaurants tend to make it clear which items are spicy hot and also offer the option to adjust the level of spiciness to your taste, such as mild, medium, hot, melt-your-face...er, I mean FIRE or Thai Hot or LAVA...

I've actually been up since shortly before six but distracted by all the usuals. The sink HAS already been cleared, and Eddie needs to get out to the grocery today.

• RogerToo
    More :)
    QhjC8Z.jpg

4o7Cv9.png

oBptys.png

vENpla.jpg
    So True

0Etxfi.jpg

JoUzD9.jpg
    Also true

PF0zCY.png
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Later...

Not ugly at all! Black goes with EVERYTHING. And black is beautiful. ;)

It should be very interesting with the stickers. And at least you can take it off to clean and scratch the itches!
    Hi Ed

Roger

I'm sure ALL of them have items that are not terribly spicy, or can be prepared with less spice, excepting, of course, any items that are pre-made and ready to serve, where you really can't make them less spicy than they are at that point. We just really like spicy and tend to go for the hot side, though I do occasionally stray over to the less spicy side of the menu. Fortunately, most restaurants tend to make it clear which items are spicy hot and also offer the option to adjust the level of spiciness to your taste, such as mild, medium, hot, melt-your-face...er, I mean FIRE or Thai Hot or LAVA...

I've actually been up since shortly before six but distracted by all the usuals. The sink HAS already been cleared, and Eddie needs to get out to the grocery today.
    I did not think of it as Ugly as it is a basic black fashion accessory o:)

I know that they can adjust the heat, I just do not trust them to get some things real mild.

New Humor above :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger