Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    It occurs to me that since I've got loads of chicken legs and thighs, Eduardo could make a small crock pot of coq au vin sometime soon! I haven't had that in a while. In fact, haven't had much chicken in the house to cook for a while, except the boneless, skinless thighs I cook for the sugar gliders. I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect of letting Eduardo loose on chicken parts. LOL.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! High today of 52 and low tonight of 29 predicted! Winter is back for another visit, apparently. Haven't seen much of winter this season...

Lilo has been fed, my breakfast is cooking, and the sink will need to be cleared.

Tonight, Medieval Times for dinner and a show.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Friday Morning!
    I've got a load of clothes ready to move, and haven't 'accomplished' much else this morning. Something I saw on Dr. McDougall's live video from Hawaii yesterday peaked my interest...Dr Oz (somewhat of an eye roll) has 'found' espoused Vegan Diet!!! WHAT?? Yes he did Jan. 26th this year. Amazing! For some reason I can't play his actual show video, but found a U-tube that discusses and shows clips from the show.
    Off to the gym soon as I get this load of clothes into the dryer, and the next load washed...then lunch, and I'm doing a 'girlie' thing with my buddy Marietta....we're getting our eyebrows dyed! She does this routinely, as hers are totally white...mine just sorta blend in and can't be seen! SOOOOO, time will tell!
    No stickers last night, they didn't have any? Whoa! But Nate who has a level of maturity beyond his years suggested they should look for stickers about flowers, gardens, and cats! Guess he's got my number!!! (Nate can also be the most immature idiot around...guess that all goes with being 12!!!)

When I got home last night from gymnastics and walked into my house, there was this incredible aroma...this house for some reason (probably the layout) holds smells. And the wonderful aroma was from my Shipwreck Casserole...and I could hardly get Tom E. fed quickly enough so I could get my dinner warmed and ready to eat!!!
    I did notice Ed, that there wasn't very much 'juice' in the bottom. Sorta disappointed by that, as it made such great gravy to put on potatoes, rice, quinoa, etc.

Ok, gotta get going...surely do not want to be late for my 'girlie' thing today!!! LOL!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited February 2017
    cV7O9i.png

7OulnY.jpg

Vta5Qh.png
    Valerie Resting peacefully :)

4Mcd0v.jpg

3dGFFr.jpg

ZQv8zb.png

ENhoxp.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking for 13.1K Steps The temperature is 28 degrees, and comfortable for walking due to no wind chill.
    I walked to the barber shop and back hence the high step count. I did stop at the local corner Diner since I was at the barber shop before he opened. I ended up with two eggs and rye toast.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Yes, the goose was already frozen. Came home and went straight to my deep freeze in the garage. I'll get around to cooking it sometime...

Now need to get back to Kroger and see if there's more of those chicken thighs! I have a little bit more room in the freezer...
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the Info
    Well, they were out of the thighs, as I rather expected, but had a few drumsticks left. I decided at 39 cents a pound I could eat a few, so bought two packs. 28 drumsticks will make me a few meals. Divided them down to 4 per freezer pack and will figure on probably having two meals out of each pack, unless I'm really feeling like chicken!

That and a few other frozen things I bought have now totally filled up the refrigerator freezer and pretty much the deep freeze, though I'm sure I could manage to tuck a few small items in around the goose and/or the hams in the deep freeze and thus squeeze a bit more in there.

Kroger had some frozen dinners from Boston Market for just $1.88 so I bought several of those and they are in the freezers too, for those rare nights when I feel to blah to even think of cooking.

Dollar Tree had some frozen heat and serve links and brown and serve patties and I bought several of each for convenience so I've got plenty of breakfast type proteins in the freezers. They still had some of the country ham trimmings but their "eat by" date was January 18 so I decided I really didn't need any more salty country ham anyway, having finished off the bit I bought last month. If/when they get some within date I might treat myself to another pack or two.

I've had lunch and think I feel a nap attack coming on.
    At that price I guess the Legs are well worth the money too. My brother prefers thighs also.

Currently with the frozen vegetables I bought at CostCo this week, my basement freezer is also full.

I did try a couple of the Boston Market frozen Dinners, however they tasted too salty for me, These days anyway :)

I have Bought some of the Dollar store Breakfast Entrees with the Brown n Serve Sausages and they were OK.
    It occurs to me that since I've got loads of chicken legs and thighs, Eduardo could make a small crock pot of coq au vin sometime soon! I haven't had that in a while. In fact, haven't had much chicken in the house to cook for a while, except the boneless, skinless thighs I cook for the sugar gliders. I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect of letting Eduardo loose on chicken parts. LOL.
    That sounds like a plan to me.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! High today of 52 and low tonight of 29 predicted! Winter is back for another visit, apparently. Haven't seen much of winter this season...

Lilo has been fed, my breakfast is cooking, and the sink will need to be cleared.

Tonight, Medieval Times for dinner and a show.

Tomorrow is forecast to be colder than today before it starts to warm up on Sunday. I detect a couple of chilly morning walks coming up.

Enjoy the Show, it has been years since I went to one of their shows.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Hair done, looks nice. Then I went to the gym, and home. Started my Shipwreck Casserole. I should have taken a pix. It is very good. The guacamole added a nice touch, and needed to be used..I did add a bit of salsa...the black beans..etc. Just a smattering of pizza type cheese shreds. Way too good to wait for dinner tonite...so I've been sorta nibbling on it all afternoon!!! Still planning to eat it tonite after O's gymnastics. Watched my Dr McDougall live broadcast from Kauai. Wish I had the money to go on one of their 10 day adventures. I'm sure its great fun.

So far it hasn't rained here...just heavy misty. Got the trash out to the street so if its raining when I get home I won't have to do it then...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Snacking, tsk, tsk :)
    Good Friday Morning!
    I've got a load of clothes ready to move, and haven't 'accomplished' much else this morning. Something I saw on Dr. McDougall's live video from Hawaii yesterday peaked my interest...Dr Oz (somewhat of an eye roll) has 'found' espoused Vegan Diet!!! WHAT?? Yes he did Jan. 26th this year. Amazing! For some reason I can't play his actual show video, but found a U-tube that discusses and shows clips from the show.
    Off to the gym soon as I get this load of clothes into the dryer, and the next load washed...then lunch, and I'm doing a 'girlie' thing with my buddy Marietta....we're getting our eyebrows dyed! She does this routinely, as hers are totally white...mine just sorta blend in and can't be seen! SOOOOO, time will tell!
    No stickers last night, they didn't have any? Whoa! But Nate who has a level of maturity beyond his years suggested they should look for stickers about flowers, gardens, and cats! Guess he's got my number!!! (Nate can also be the most immature idiot around...guess that all goes with being 12!!!)

When I got home last night from gymnastics and walked into my house, there was this incredible aroma...this house for some reason (probably the layout) holds smells. And the wonderful aroma was from my Shipwreck Casserole...and I could hardly get Tom E. fed quickly enough so I could get my dinner warmed and ready to eat!!!
    I did notice Ed, that there wasn't very much 'juice' in the bottom. Sorta disappointed by that, as it made such great gravy to put on potatoes, rice, quinoa, etc.

Ok, gotta get going...surely do not want to be late for my 'girlie' thing today!!! LOL!!!

Later...

I expect You could be right that the layout has an affect.

I hope Your Day goes well
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hockey morning
    Headed for the shower. Cold this morning! Like 27 degrees, and I'm guessing it will drop another degree before warming again. Warming...HA! upper 40's for the high...and yesterday it was 70. Not nice.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8.5K Steps The temperature is 22 degrees, and not very comfortable for walking due to wind chill.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Hockey morning
    Headed for the shower. Cold this morning! Like 27 degrees, and I'm guessing it will drop another degree before warming again. Warming...HA! upper 40's for the high...and yesterday it was 70. Not nice.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Better than here, 22 degrees out the door and a wind chill in the teens. High today in the 30s with increasing winds so the wind chill will be bad.

Have fun at Hockey
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! It's 30 degrees out there right now, and only supposed to get to 49 today.

The show at Medieval Times was great, as always, though the seating and food ran a bit later than I had planned and by the time I did get some food eaten, I was already crashing, though I didn't realize it right away and got over it pretty quickly, thanks to the hummus, carrot sticks, celery, and pita bread appetizer.

I was just getting started on the tasty, thick veggie stew (we both went vegan last night, I didn't feel like chicken) when I felt the crash hitting. Just needed to get out of the arena for a few to let the pita bread and carrots do their thing, as the noise, and hullabaloo, on top of the crash were just WAY too much to bear, and an employee out in the lobby very solicitously asked me if I was OK. I figure at that moment I was sitting on a bench looking like death warmed over, but I knew I'd be fine in a few minutes so waved an OK at him and just waited it out. Would have asked for a packet of sugar if I didn't know I was already coming back up.

After a few minutes I miraculously felt MUCH better, as these things tend to go, checked my glucose and found it had meandered back up to 108, and went back in to the arena. They had collected the plates and J had packaged up the bulk of my stew in a carryout container, and I felt I had eaten enough to get me through so didn't worry about trying to eat more just then, and I knew some kind of sweet dessert would be coming along and wanted to eat that instead of more stew. The stew will be lunch today for me, probably. The sweet dessert turned out to be lemon pound cake, which I like but J doesn't really care that much for. He had a few bites and set the rest aside for me to have later.

Well, laundry today and watering indoor plants. J has a luncheon at the botanic gardens. I might also pop out to Kroger for a few things.

I see Roger posted while I was typing this. Time to get the sink cleared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMTRCny3iD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzHNDuhs54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmOGqOG8SbI
  • RogerToo
    hFNQhF.gif

qwux6L.jpg

1eZEPR.jpg

SQ6QJD.jpg

XR5tSF.jpg

iWgvAC.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! It's 30 degrees out there right now, and only supposed to get to 49 today.

The show at Medieval Times was great, as always, though the seating and food ran a bit later than I had planned and by the time I did get some food eaten, I was already crashing, though I didn't realize it right away and got over it pretty quickly, thanks to the hummus, carrot sticks, celery, and pita bread appetizer.

I was just getting started on the tasty, thick veggie stew (we both went vegan last night, I didn't feel like chicken) when I felt the crash hitting. Just needed to get out of the arena for a few to let the pita bread and carrots do their thing, as the noise, and hullabaloo, on top of the crash were just WAY too much to bear, and an employee out in the lobby very solicitously asked me if I was OK. I figure at that moment I was sitting on a bench looking like death warmed over, but I knew I'd be fine in a few minutes so waved an OK at him and just waited it out. Would have asked for a packet of sugar if I didn't know I was already coming back up.

After a few minutes I miraculously felt MUCH better, as these things tend to go, checked my glucose and found it had meandered back up to 108, and went back in to the arena. They had collected the plates and J had packaged up the bulk of my stew in a carryout container, and I felt I had eaten enough to get me through so didn't worry about trying to eat more just then, and I knew some kind of sweet dessert would be coming along and wanted to eat that instead of more stew. The stew will be lunch today for me, probably. The sweet dessert turned out to be lemon pound cake, which I like but J doesn't really care that much for. He had a few bites and set the rest aside for me to have later.

Well, laundry today and watering indoor plants. J has a luncheon at the botanic gardens. I might also pop out to Kroger for a few things.

I see Roger posted while I was typing this. Time to get the sink cleared!
    Hi Ed
    I see You posted while I was creating the humor :)

Wow, The sugar Crash really hit You hard :(

I wonder when they started serving a Vegan option, When I went last time I think everybody had a choice of two meat based meals.

Have a Nice Day & Stay Warm
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    And here's lunch! Leftover vegan stew from Medieval Times!

20170204_123303_zpssdgugi7v.jpg
  • RogerToo
    From
    http://heatst.com/world/severe-vegetable-shortage-deprives-europeans-of-spinach-broccoli/

By Kieran Corcoran | 5:23 am, February 3, 2017

European consumers have been plunged into crisis by a vegetable shortage caused by severe weather.

Shops across Europe – and particularly in the UK – have seen the shelves stripped of green produce like lettuce, broccoli and spinach.

Courgettes (zucchinis, if you’re American), aubergines (eggplant) and peppers have also been badly affected.

The problems stem from a blast of cold weather which has overtaken large parts of southern Europe.

Veg purchases being restricted! #courgettecrisis pic.twitter.com/KjRjbscRA9

These areas are usually able to grow vegetables even through the cold season, but snow and floods have stopped supplies in their tracks.

Murcia, a region of Spain, usually does roaring trade throughout winter. But heavy rain means only a third of its fields can be used for agriculture, forcing yields down and sending prices through the roof.

According to the BBC, the UK exports 50% of all its vegetables and 90% of its fruit, leaving the supply chain particularly vulnerable to unexpected events overseas.

Importers have said that they are facing the prospect of paying more than triple the usual price for now-rare commodities, while some stores have started rationing sales to stop customers bulk-buying.
  • parityanimal
    I heard about that shortage in Europe! Didn't realize it was that widespread though.

Valerie, I found the recipe for the stew at Medieval Times!

http://www.yummly.co/recipe/Medieval-Times-3-Bean-Stew-with-Fire-Roasted-Tomatoes-and-Brown-Rice-759927
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 35 out there now and only supposed to make it to 56 today. 40% chance of morning showers.

Need to finish up the laundry and clear the sink. Sounds like Eddie will have stuff to do today!

And Eduardo needs to get the coq au vin started in a crockpot by no later than about 10:000 this morning. Probably doable.

I guess I should go and check the wine inventory to see what I'm willing to sacrifice half a bottle of.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    pig3tf.gif

PTL262.png

HFPZo0.png

h1OGjV.png

yMMWij.png

BMVw7F.png