Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    ePXUAw.jpg

Fxu2sa.jpg

zJaenl.jpg

q8qZC3.jpg

e8H9at.jpg

oU61bD.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey Guys!
    Cartoons and clips were all great. I had a 'cartoon' event happen at my house. Livy was about 3 months old, and I was keeping her for the weekend at her house...but I had to come here to feed the momma cat, and her 4 babies (one of which was Tom E)..Livy was in her car seat/carrier thingy, and I brought one of the kittens in the house for her to see...she took one look, screamed bloody blue murder, scared the H3LL out of the kitten, which scratched me to ribbons trying to get away.... of course she did the same thing with a stuffed toy animal that I thought was cute. Kid just didn't like anything strange or animal!

Hair done, gym √, splint all fixed up, and he gave me about a 4 inch strip of the velcro pad stuff in case I needed it. Cut, remove backing, heat with hair dryer attach to splint!! So, should it come loose again I can do it myself!!!
    Now, time to get all the stuff into the bin, and the bin to the street. and get ready to leave for gymnastics! So, day is going well...

Roger, that was not a walk you took this morning, it was an athletic event!!! Brave the snow, wind, and snow plows! I'd sure sleep in tomorrow!!!, probably with a smile on my face. :)

Ok, gotta get myself in gear...

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    vwhela4j4y8r.jpg
    q0qcnnns7zsm.jpg
    My huge Daphne, and the one lone open blossom of my winter camilla.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hellabores, the pink edition, (have a bunch of white ones also) and the Leather Leaf Mahonia, which when I planted it was only about 12 inches tall!! Slow grower is now about 7 ft, and greets me every time I open the back door. The Daphne is on the left of the porch, and that winter blooming Camellia is on the right of the porch.
    I don't have pix of my daffodils or the blooming azaleas. I should get a pix of the azalea, as they are very early...way too early. Those blooms will freeze.
    3yp3vsv6nu2a.jpg
    bpsvou7wudqx.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hey Guys!
    Cartoons and clips were all great. I had a 'cartoon' event happen at my house. Livy was about 3 months old, and I was keeping her for the weekend at her house...but I had to come here to feed the momma cat, and her 4 babies (one of which was Tom E)..Livy was in her car seat/carrier thingy, and I brought one of the kittens in the house for her to see...she took one look, screamed bloody blue murder, scared the H3LL out of the kitten, which scratched me to ribbons trying to get away.... of course she did the same thing with a stuffed toy animal that I thought was cute. Kid just didn't like anything strange or animal!

Hair done, gym √, splint all fixed up, and he gave me about a 4 inch strip of the velcro pad stuff in case I needed it. Cut, remove backing, heat with hair dryer attach to splint!! So, should it come loose again I can do it myself!!!
    Now, time to get all the stuff into the bin, and the bin to the street. and get ready to leave for gymnastics! So, day is going well...

Roger, that was not a walk you took this morning, it was an athletic event!!! Brave the snow, wind, and snow plows! I'd sure sleep in tomorrow!!!, probably with a smile on my face. :)

Ok, gotta get myself in gear...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Hmm... Kids don't like change, Does that mean I am still a kid :)

I will mention that at this moment I have 11K steps and that for tomorrow I do not plan to go walking as the temperature is forecast to drop way down with a wicked wind chill. I am afraid that all that wet slush at the bottom of the snow will turn to ice and make the footing unsafe to walk on.
    vwhela4j4y8r.jpg
    q0qcnnns7zsm.jpg
    My huge Daphne, and the one lone open blossom of my winter camilla.

All we have is bare sticks and snow right now.
    And 2 hanging pots in the laundry room I brought in before the hard frosts. One Geraniums and one Petunias and currently no blossoms on either :(
    Hellabores, the pink edition, (have a bunch of white ones also) and the Leather Leaf Mahonia, which when I planted it was only about 12 inches tall!! Slow grower is now about 7 ft, and greets me every time I open the back door. The Daphne is on the left of the porch, and that winter blooming Camellia is on the right of the porch.
    I don't have pix of my daffodils or the blooming azaleas. I should get a pix of the azalea, as they are very early...way too early. Those blooms will freeze.
    3yp3vsv6nu2a.jpg
    bpsvou7wudqx.jpg

Is there a freeze in Your forecast?

Thank You for the Pictures
    I'm glad You are enjoying the humor.
    Sugar Free Sugar, Who Knew :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was not out walking today, The temperature is 21 degrees and that has a bitter feel to it when I stuck my head out the door. Yesterdays snow was wet and heavy and had a wet layer at the bottom of it due to the way the temperatures started out warm and dropped. I decided to stay home and avoid probable slippery conditions.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    gavyM1.png

UR7qYL.jpg

5ExOI8.jpg

VL22el.jpg

bR9t0f.jpg

jQtpIT.jpg
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Maybe today I'll cruise by the Aldi and see if it's too busy or not. Yesterday's grand opening should be all done with and it might be safe to go in there today. Who knows, there might even be some boneless cheese available! But what I really need to do is go to Publix and find some of that sugar free sugar! Talk about a diabetic's dream!

Need to get the sink cleared and then I'll ponder getting out in the cold.

30 degrees out there but supposed to warm up quite a bit today.

Yesterday was national pizza day, and yes, we did celebrate it. Especially after J commented that he'd actually considered asking me to order pizza Wednesday night. Papa John got our money this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Carnivores try meat substitutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6idAKoikkU
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Maybe today I'll cruise by the Aldi and see if it's too busy or not. Yesterday's grand opening should be all done with and it might be safe to go in there today. Who knows, there might even be some boneless cheese available! But what I really need to do is go to Publix and find some of that sugar free sugar! Talk about a diabetic's dream!

Need to get the sink cleared and then I'll ponder getting out in the cold.

30 degrees out there but supposed to warm up quite a bit today.

Yesterday was national pizza day, and yes, we did celebrate it. Especially after J commented that he'd actually considered asking me to order pizza Wednesday night. Papa John got our money this time.
    Hi Ed
    I wish I had known that, I had pulled a couple of varieties of Pizza from the basement freezer and brought them up to the kitchen freezer section to use one on Sunday. If I had knows it was National Pizza Day I would have been all over one of them instead of the Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Macaroni I did have for dinner. TBH it was only OK, not that good.

Stay Warm

Good Luck at Aldis
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning..TGIF, as if it makes a difference! LOL!
    Curious to see if Ed ventured into Aldi's. Hope he had a quarter in his pocket! And that he saw and picked up the sales flyer for next week on his way out. (I really love that, it helps in planning) Grapes, as I recall were 99cents a pound, Deal!!!!

Roger, wise decision to stay in today. Enjoy your rest day! Sorry to know the ziti mac and cheese wasn't all that good. I used to like the mac & cheese in the little containers that you reconstituted. Always tossed it with some broccoli or peas, etc. Was good!

I stayed up late last night, and then slept late this morning...so, time to get some stuff going around here.

Loved all the cartoons...and yes even the Vegan clip about meat substitutes. I was almost afraid to watch that one! :) Some of those subs can taste really nasty!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I did make it out to Aldi. No crowds this morning, and I had a quarter ready to insert into the cart, along with a couple of large, re-usable shopping bags to put my groceries into. Only ended up needing to use one of them as they are QUITE large, SAM's bags.

I found some cheese that wasn't marked as boneless but I took a chance and bought it anyway. I couldn't see any bones in it...that will be sliced up and taken to Monday's Atlanta Orchid Society meeting for a break snack.

I went up and down every aisle, making sure to brows the most important areas, such as the wine section. Bought 5 bottles of various stuff from there.

Tomorrow is American Orchid Society judging, so J and I will be doing the photography, as usual.

• GardenKatGardens
    Chuckling over your cheese...so glad it was boneless. I've been eating quite a few of the boneless items mentioned here...like boneless watermelon, and cheese, water? I know there was a third advertised boneless product. :)
    Not much done around here today, but I did make it to the gym, so I got that done. And some laundry, a few dishes, but the sink needs to be 'cleared' again. I'd never heard that term until Eddie started clearing the sink. (it is Eddie who does that? right?)

Roger only saw bits and pieces of the news tonite thanks to a needy cat..did I hear right, that this weekend another big storm hitting the East Coast? I sure hope not. I think what you got Thursday was enough already!!

Ok, kitchen bound...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Chilly out there at 47 but that's not bad really. Just not feeling very "with it" this morning. I didn't sleep well and that last nightmare was a doozy.

But Lilo has been fed. I've been fed, at least Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries...might look for something else in a bit.

Regional orchid judging today, but if you asked me to go right now I'd probably snarl an answer that would make a sailor blush.

Eddie needs to clear the sink regardless.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    GavOxq.png

tEFes8.png

Ri0ioe.jpg

seINXy.png

AHqRxA.png

H6VBHl.png

GY5FTS.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 9800 steps, The temperature is 37 degrees and that is a fair amount warmer than yesterday. There was a coating of ice under any snow that was not shoveled.

I had a off day yesterday for Dinner. We ordered in from Joe's Meat Market, They deliver cooked foods or uncooked. I ordered the Market Steak with Peter Luger Steak Sauce that came with fries and a Home Made Cheesecake, Too Much foods, I felt overstuffed :(
    My Brother had the Fish and Chips, and a Sausage Pizza. that is mostly for today's consumption.

I finished the Green Hornet radio shows from the 40s that were loaded on my iPod today while walking and right after I switched to classic rock it announced in my ear "Low Battery" so I need to do some volume leveling and load more Green Hornet etc, and then sync and charge the iPod.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning..TGIF, as if it makes a difference! LOL!
    Curious to see if Ed ventured into Aldi's. Hope he had a quarter in his pocket! And that he saw and picked up the sales flyer for next week on his way out. (I really love that, it helps in planning) Grapes, as I recall were 99cents a pound, Deal!!!!

Roger, wise decision to stay in today. Enjoy your rest day! Sorry to know the ziti mac and cheese wasn't all that good. I used to like the mac & cheese in the little containers that you reconstituted. Always tossed it with some broccoli or peas, etc. Was good!

I stayed up late last night, and then slept late this morning...so, time to get some stuff going around here.

Loved all the cartoons...and yes even the Vegan clip about meat substitutes. I was almost afraid to watch that one! :) Some of those subs can taste really nasty!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Not as sorry as I was, I had high hopes for a Three Cheese Ziti Dish :(

Possibly Strangely I always liked the Boxed Kraft Dinner, AKA Mac & Cheese and melted lots of butter into it before the cheese was added :) No low calorie meal that way. The Cups of Easy Mac for example always seemed to creamy to me.

I hope You get a good chuckle out of today's
    humor :)
    Chuckling over your cheese...so glad it was boneless. I've been eating quite a few of the boneless items mentioned here...like boneless watermelon, and cheese, water? I know there was a third advertised boneless product. :)
    Not much done around here today, but I did make it to the gym, so I got that done. And some laundry, a few dishes, but the sink needs to be 'cleared' again. I'd never heard that term until Eddie started clearing the sink. (it is Eddie who does that? right?)

Roger only saw bits and pieces of the news tonite thanks to a needy cat..did I hear right, that this weekend another big storm hitting the East Coast? I sure hope not. I think what you got Thursday was enough already!!

Ok, kitchen bound...

Later...

Boneless Bananas :)
    I liked the Garbage Truck picture.

Congratulations on getting the chores done. I washed clothes last night, this morning my brother put them in the dryer so he could wash his bedding and I folded them when I got back from the walk. They felt so good being still warm as I folded them too.

I think that if the weather forecast is right it will hit to the north and east of me. However we are supposed to get high winds Monday from that storm :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I did make it out to Aldi. No crowds this morning, and I had a quarter ready to insert into the cart, along with a couple of large, re-usable shopping bags to put my groceries into. Only ended up needing to use one of them as they are QUITE large, SAM's bags.

I found some cheese that wasn't marked as boneless but I took a chance and bought it anyway. I couldn't see any bones in it...that will be sliced up and taken to Monday's Atlanta Orchid Society meeting for a break snack.

I went up and down every aisle, making sure to brows the most important areas, such as the wine section. Bought 5 bottles of various stuff from there.

Tomorrow is American Orchid Society judging, so J and I will be doing the photography, as usual.
    Hi Ed
    When they experimented with the Quarter to release the shopping cart at the local A&P I just switched to the Local Acme for groceries :)

Did You get some Boneless Bananas for variety?
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Chilly out there at 47 but that's not bad really. Just not feeling very "with it" this morning. I didn't sleep well and that last nightmare was a doozy.

But Lilo has been fed. I've been fed, at least Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries...might look for something else in a bit.

Regional orchid judging today, but if you asked me to go right now I'd probably snarl an answer that would make a sailor blush.

Eddie needs to clear the sink regardless.
    I'd be so happy to have a overnight of 47 degrees, Just goes to show the differences between our areas.

FWIW I'm listening to Patsy Cline right now :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger