Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that explanation. Using the left over from breading makes a lot of sense. I am slightly surprised YOu did not deglaze the pan with a little wine, Due to Breakfast maybe?

I end up doing Laundry once a week, more or less :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Actually I have no objection to wine for breakfast, but I wasn't going for a wine sauce sort of thing here, just plain, old fashioned, country milk gravy, with plenty of pepper. That gravy goes so perfectly with chicken fried steak...or chops...or chicken...or whatever! I learned to make that ages ago, watching Mom make it after frying up a couple of cut up chickens. :)

Laundry is folded (yes, leftover from yesterday), and trip out to Aldi has been done. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a particular wine that was advertised in their national flyer, but it had the usual caveat that it might not be available in all stores. It was an inexpensive Nero D'Avola, which is one of my favorite red varietals, but it's OK...I just ordered a crate that will contain 3 bottles of another winery's Nero D'Avola, along with 3 bottles each of 4 other red wines, so it's not as though I won't have any on hand at all. And if I didn't have any, well, there are plenty of other wines out there and I have other favorites.

Almost getting to be time to ponder lunch, and maybe start on season 2 of Superboy. New actor for Clark Kent/Superboy and also a new actor for Lex Luthor. Guess the ones from the first season just didn't pan out. Can't say I was too impressed with either of them, myself. I think the show may have been picked up by a different network after the first season, so there could have been contract issues too.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    GOod Morning!
    Today is lunch with my niece and an afternoon Dr John McDougall hour chat. Gymnastics has been cancelled for tonite. (for me anyhow) DS1 and DDL are not going to be there, and DS1 was not sure if the other grandparents were going to take the kids to gym or not. I'm not driving 45 minutes in rush hour traffic to find out O's not there! I'll go watch next week. :)

WOW for yesterday! I drove my friend to Emory Health Clinic..for her eye (blindness) issue. Thankfully she knew where I needed to be...what a mess over there. They are adding 2 new buildings, and the construction has made a total messy maze of things. The good news? was, her new lens has settled in nicely, but the reason she could not see had to do with her glaucoma. The prednisone she has to take for the newly implanted lens made her eye pressure shoot up very high (double what it should be)..and hence the blindness in that eye. After that, we had lunch at Med. Grill, then back to Tucker to get her new eyedrops and meds..a couple of groceries and I took her home. I left shortly and came home with thoughts of a late afternoon nap...didn't happen. I did the 'right' thing, and pushed myself to the gym. Did my bike thing, and then had a nice chat with the club trainer. Once I get this splint removed, and approval..trainer and I are going to start 'rebuilding' Valerie! Strength and Stretching! YES! I'm looking forward to working with her.

That is about all I know. Enjoyed the cartoons, was a bit disappointed with the KFC fried chicken bouquet. I don't quite know what I expected, but that wasn't it!!! :) Good thing I didn't live in New Zealand, huh??

Ed, your chicken fried pork steaks brought back some really old, and dusty memories. I loved them back in the 60's when I could still eat anything and survive! Local Kansas City fast food place sold them as a sandwich. They were soooo good....until the day I got one that must have been spoiled...I was soooooooo sick. Never have eaten another one.

Roger I don't think I walk/bike nearly as far as you do, but I too had a 10,000 step day about a week ago. Didn't mean to, as my knees are supposed to be limited to something more like 6-7,000 daily steps! BUT, the good news was it didn't make my knees hurt, so that was a good thing, and I'm guessing shows that my knee muscles are getting stronger?? I hope.

Ok, off to the shower. I think breakfast will be a quick reheat of some tofu I've got in the refrigerator and the trusty ole banana.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I hope You enjoy Your lunch, I know I always enjoy getting out with friends.

I hope Your friend come out OK speedily.

I used to get Pork Tenderloin sandwiches out in Iowa many years ago. One of these days I will have to go get another one and see if it holds up to memory.
    I see two places. I believe Smitty's Is the one I ate at.
    Smitty's Tenderloin Shop
    4.5 (77)
    Humble American throwback with counter stools known for breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches.
    1401 Army Post Rd
    Des Moines, IA

Nick's
    4.5 (106) · Restaurant
    1106 Army Post Rd
    Des Moines, IA

I suspect Your surmise regarding the Knee muscles is correct :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that explanation. Using the left over from breading makes a lot of sense. I am slightly surprised YOu did not deglaze the pan with a little wine, Due to Breakfast maybe?

I end up doing Laundry once a week, more or less :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Actually I have no objection to wine for breakfast, but I wasn't going for a wine sauce sort of thing here, just plain, old fashioned, country milk gravy, with plenty of pepper. That gravy goes so perfectly with chicken fried steak...or chops...or chicken...or whatever! I learned to make that ages ago, watching Mom make it after frying up a couple of cut up chickens. :)

Laundry is folded (yes, leftover from yesterday), and trip out to Aldi has been done. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a particular wine that was advertised in their national flyer, but it had the usual caveat that it might not be available in all stores. It was an inexpensive Nero D'Avola, which is one of my favorite red varietals, but it's OK...I just ordered a crate that will contain 3 bottles of another winery's Nero D'Avola, along with 3 bottles each of 4 other red wines, so it's not as though I won't have any on hand at all. And if I didn't have any, well, there are plenty of other wines out there and I have other favorites.

Almost getting to be time to ponder lunch, and maybe start on season 2 of Superboy. New actor for Clark Kent/Superboy and also a new actor for Lex Luthor. Guess the ones from the first season just didn't pan out. Can't say I was too impressed with either of them, myself. I think the show may have been picked up by a different network after the first season, so there could have been contract issues too.
    Hi Ed
    I see, Not a wine aversion just not wanting a wine Sauce thing.

Most if not all advertisements have a disclaimer like that or one that says Subject to availability :)

Have fun with SuperBoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Wine aversion? ME? Bwahahahahahahahaha!

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

35 degrees out there right now but supposed to get up to a toasty 67 this afternoon.

Might need to get to Kroger today, but not too much else. J had to get to work by 7:30 this morning so I was awake hearing noises and moving about since about 6:00, but can't blame Lilo this time! She stayed snuggled up next to me until I finally had to get up out of the bed after trying to doze until 7:00. Would have tried to doze longer but the bathroom was calling me.

Need to get the sink cleared.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 8468 steps :) The temperature is 27 degrees vs 32 degrees yesterday, add in that there is a occasional slight breeze and :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

35 degrees out there right now but supposed to get up to a toasty 67 this afternoon.

Might need to get to Kroger today, but not too much else. J had to get to work by 7:30 this morning so I was awake hearing noises and moving about since about 6:00, but can't blame Lilo this time! She stayed snuggled up next to me until I finally had to get up out of the bed after trying to doze until 7:00. Would have tried to doze longer but the bathroom was calling me.

Need to get the sink cleared.
    Hi
    You and Valerie are lucky with Your weather, We should get into the 40s today, a little warmer tomorrow and up to 60 + Sunday and then back into the 50s for next week. So we will be having warmer than normal weather, According to the weather forecast last night, the weather You are having should be moving northward over the next few days.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Enjoy These Too :)
    nx0OUQ.jpg

V9kcIe.jpg

AgVV74.jpg

8SaOyv.jpg

354u99.jpg

UzoaJO.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Happy Friday!
    List:
    gym
    laundry
    Publix
    R & R!!! (outside)
    I need banana's and lottery tix for tonite. Cashing in my $3 winnings. LOL!!
    Have rec'd my State tax refund, and I see that the Fed. is pending. :)

Roger our weather has been really warm all 'winter'..but its only Feb. We could still bring the city to a halt with a good inch of wet snow! Yep, could happen. Enjoy your warm days, you all deserve a weather break!
    The "Monday work out" is sometimes how I feel until I get started!!! (and its not exclusive to Mondays either!)

Ed, hope you can get outside this afternoon and enjoy our day. I think I heard them say rain on Saturday? Its ok, the lake is STILL 10 feet short of full pool...lake, or as you called it LANIER POND. The pix from the dam are terrible. Last year was the warmest on record, as was the year before...and this winter has been much warmer than those 2 years. I hope we don't get 'summer payback' with months of hot dryness...

Time to head for the shower...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    That Monday morning workout would be my every morning workout too.

After breakfast, I went back to bed for some more snoozing, and had both my best girls with me! They were fussy when trying to nap on the same side of me so I convinced Lilo to move to the other side and then was sandwiched by cats.

Upon arising, Eduardo decided the 4 chicken thighs were ready to cook and one of them could be lunch. So the chicken with stuffing bake will be done in about half an hour.

Two thighs (bone in, skin on) at each end of the pan, the cornbread stuffing in the middle, and the chicken covered in a seasoned sour cream and cream of mushroom gravy/sauce. Baking, covered, at 375 for an hour and then 15 to 30 minutes uncovered.

Should be tasty and I have some peas and carrots to go with it. FOUR meals from this dish! I like that!

Didn't get out to Kroger but might scoot to Aldi after lunch. I should WALK to Aldi, but then the stuff I buy gets awfully heavy by the time I get home...I think gravity must increase constantly or something.

• parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    Here's the lunch Eduardo whipped up today. Well, the peas and carrots aren't shown...but there are three plates of this wrapped up now in the fridge, including their peas and carrots, ready to microwave. One plate, of course, was my lunch.

Two largish chicken thighs at each end. Cornbread dressing in the middle. Seasoned cream of mushroom/Greek yogurt (in lieu of sour cream) gravy/sauce smothering the chicken at each end. Baked at 375 for an hour, loosely covered, then fifteen minutes uncovoerd. Four nice servings and since I am the only one here that eats chicken, it's all for me, me, me!

20170217_124251_zpsasocwjl3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Happy Friday!
    List:
    gym
    laundry
    Publix
    R & R!!! (outside)
    I need banana's and lottery tix for tonite. Cashing in my $3 winnings. LOL!!
    Have rec'd my State tax refund, and I see that the Fed. is pending. :)

Roger our weather has been really warm all 'winter'..but its only Feb. We could still bring the city to a halt with a good inch of wet snow! Yep, could happen. Enjoy your warm days, you all deserve a weather break!
    The "Monday work out" is sometimes how I feel until I get started!!! (and its not exclusive to Mondays either!)

Ed, hope you can get outside this afternoon and enjoy our day. I think I heard them say rain on Saturday? Its ok, the lake is STILL 10 feet short of full pool...lake, or as you called it LANIER POND. The pix from the dam are terrible. Last year was the warmest on record, as was the year before...and this winter has been much warmer than those 2 years. I hope we don't get 'summer payback' with months of hot dryness...

Time to head for the shower...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I see Your day has been busy. My brother forgot to ask me pick up lottery tickets this morning on my way out the door to walk. There was a 1 million dollar ticket sold in NJ from the last drawing, not near me and not he or me :(

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That Monday morning workout would be my every morning workout too.

After breakfast, I went back to bed for some more snoozing, and had both my best girls with me! They were fussy when trying to nap on the same side of me so I convinced Lilo to move to the other side and then was sandwiched by cats.

Upon arising, Eduardo decided the 4 chicken thighs were ready to cook and one of them could be lunch. So the chicken with stuffing bake will be done in about half an hour.

Two thighs (bone in, skin on) at each end of the pan, the cornbread stuffing in the middle, and the chicken covered in a seasoned sour cream and cream of mushroom gravy/sauce. Baking, covered, at 375 for an hour and then 15 to 30 minutes uncovered.

Should be tasty and I have some peas and carrots to go with it. FOUR meals from this dish! I like that!

Didn't get out to Kroger but might scoot to Aldi after lunch. I should WALK to Aldi, but then the stuff I buy gets awfully heavy by the time I get home...I think gravity must increase constantly or something.
    Hi Ed
    That is why I now use a backpack when I plan to stop at the Grocery Store while walking or if I walk out later in the day to the Dollar store, Produce store or grocery store. It makes it a lot easier to carry things. The new one that replaced the $10 one I bought to test the concept has two straps that go across the chest and they make it more comfortable. The old $10 one I repaired twice in one year so I have retired it to spare status.

I have had home baked Chicken covered in Mushroom Soup and I liked those, so Yours should be delicious.
    Here's the lunch Eduardo whipped up today. Well, the peas and carrots aren't shown...but there are three plates of this wrapped up now in the fridge, including their peas and carrots, ready to microwave. One plate, of course, was my lunch.

Two largish chicken thighs at each end. Cornbread dressing in the middle. Seasoned cream of mushroom/Greek yogurt (in lieu of sour cream) gravy/sauce smothering the chicken at each end. Baked at 375 for an hour, loosely covered, then fifteen minutes uncovoerd. Four nice servings and since I am the only one here that eats chicken, it's all for me, me, me!

20170217_124251_zpsasocwjl3.jpg

That pan of food looks delicious.
    Enjoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    And here's how it looked, reheated, for dinner! And I must say it reheated quite nicely. Delicious at lunch and dinner. Two plates to go, still in the fridge!

20170217_182017_zpsrmyiskt5.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Saturday Morning.
    Battle scars...arg. That dratted cat. One more morning like this and he's gonna be an orphan. No, not really..but the thought has crossed my mind.
    Lately in the morning after I've turned off the house alarm, and pushed start on the coffee, the accused throws himself on his back in front of me and wants his belly rubbed. This morning was no exception....until he started swatting at me claws bared. What the heck? So I stepped over him, swats again, and he races ahead and its wash, rinse, repeat. He's outside now, and since its not overly cold he may get to stay there til I get home from hockey this afternoon. Makes me wonder what goes thru his tiny brain.

Hockey today at 10:20...leaving house 9:30. Will make a quick stop at WF to look for tofu since I pass it on the way home... then I think after lunch if its raining a good nap, if not, indoor chores. DS1, family, and his hockey team will leave immediately after the game for Athens, and a hockey tourny playing this afternoon, and tomorrow. I elected to stay home. Too much trouble to arrange for Tom E. and overnight, etc.

Ed, food looks good! I'm sure it tasted good too! I'll pass on the "kitty kisses booth'. :)

Roger should be getting home soon. Hope you had a good walk! Sorry you weren't the one million $ winner in NJ. There was one here in Ga..not me either. And the lotto machine was down, so I had no way to cash in my big $3 winnings when at the grocery either. :( But I looked this morning, and the jackpot has increased, so I have til Tuesday to spend my 'windfall'.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I did get out into the sunlight a bit yesterday, but only here in the yard, opening the greenhouse door for air, checking out the flower beds in the front, getting the mail, etc. 47 degrees out there now and supposed to get up in the 60s today, with 30% chance of rain in the morning. I think it might be starting to rain already.

J has a volunteer repotting thing going on this morning at the orchid center of the botanic gardens. They asked him to help this once because they somehow lent too many people out to other things and didn't have enough normal volunteers for this weekend. I'll probably go along and find something to do while that's going on. Like find a quiet corner and take a nap...or just wander around if it's not raining.

After, a friend, who will also be repotting, wants to go to lunch with us, but not at a place conveniently near the botanic gardens, of course, but halfway across town.
    Good Saturday Morning.
    Battle scars...arg. That dratted cat. One more morning like this and he's gonna be an orphan. No, not really..but the thought has crossed my mind.
    Lately in the morning after I've turned off the house alarm, and pushed start on the coffee, the accused throws himself on his back in front of me and wants his belly rubbed. This morning was no exception....until he started swatting at me claws bared. What the heck? So I stepped over him, swats again, and he races ahead and its wash, rinse, repeat. He's outside now, and since its not overly cold he may get to stay there til I get home from hockey this afternoon. Makes me wonder what goes thru his tiny brain.

Sounds like normal cat behavior to me. He wants to play, and is playing as if you are another cat, but doesn't realize that you are not quite as durable as another cat would be, so is playing a bit too roughly for you. Figaro (our angel kitty in the kissing booth) loved to hide under chairs and swat at people as they went past. And his normal plan for playing with me involved lots of cuddling, stomach scritches, back scritches, and petting. If I tried to stop before he was ready, he'd try to draw my hand back with one paw, claws extended, and when HE was ready for it to be done, he'd bite me to let me know that we were done. He didn't bite hard, just enough to say "We're done, thanks."
    Ed, food looks good! I'm sure it tasted good too! I'll pass on the "kitty kisses booth'. :)

I've just eaten the third plate for breakfast. Delicious!

One plate to go. Won't be lunch, apparently, but might be dinner.

• RogerToo
    YoxD1W.jpg

vaF8I9.jpg

5WPbVH.jpg

oWiW2x.gif

UhDeWA.gif

2XPXCo.jpg
    The latest designer earphones
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 10,829steps + 11 cents from yesterday that I forgot to menion :) The temperature is 31 degrees vs 27 degrees yesterday.

I need to load more Old Time Radio shows into the iPod today when I plug it in to charge. It announced in my ear 2+ blocks from home "Low Battery" :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

Meridian man's pet squirrel goes nuts on burglar
    From Here:
    http://www.kivitv.com/news/meridian-mans-pet-squirrel-goes-nuts-on-burglar

Adam Pearl walked into his Meridian home Tuesday and realized something didn't seem right.

"I came in the front door and I saw snow prints out in the front driveway going to the back of the house, so I thought something was awry because no one usually goes through the yard," said Pearl.

Pearl was immediately greeted by his pet squirrel Joey when he got home, but the he started noticing a few doors that would normally be closed were open.

After making his way to the back bedroom, his fear was confirmed once he stated looking at his gun safe.

"I started looking at it and saw the scratches that are around the locking area and at that point I knew somebody was definitely in here messing around," explained Pearl.

Pearl called Meridian Police and when officer Ashley Turner came out to take a look, Joey just had to say hello.

"During her investigations Joey had run in the bedroom just screwing around like he always does between her legs and kind of startled her," explained Pearl. She says whoa, what was that, and I said ahhh don't worry about that, that's just Joey, my pet squirrel ya know."

Officer Turner asked Pearl if Joey would bite.

"I said, well, he usually doesn't bite but you never know cause he is a squirrel," replied Pearl.

Officer Turner went on her way, only to return a few hours later with some of his stolen belongings and some unbelievable news.

"She said while she was questioning the individual he had scratches on his hands so she asked him 'did you get that from the squirrel' and he says yeah, damn thing kept attacking me and wouldn't stop until I left," said Pearl.

Now Joey is being hailed a hero.

"Nobody can believe it because who can say they have a squirrel that guards their house, which is crazy," said Pearl. "You can't ask for much more than that. He is a pain in the butt, but he is great."

Pearl said he thanked Joey by giving him his favorite treat, the candy whoppers!
  • RogerToo
    Good Saturday Morning.

Hockey today at 10:20...leaving house 9:30. Will make a quick stop at WF to look for tofu since I pass it on the way home... then I think after lunch if its raining a good nap, if not, indoor chores. DS1, family, and his hockey team will leave immediately after the game for Athens, and a hockey tourny playing this afternoon, and tomorrow. I elected to stay home. Too much trouble to arrange for Tom E. and overnight, etc.

Roger should be getting home soon. Hope you had a good walk! Sorry you weren't the one million $ winner in NJ. There was one here in Ga..not me either. And the lotto machine was down, so I had no way to cash in my big $3 winnings when at the grocery either. :( But I looked this morning, and the jackpot has increased, so I have til Tuesday to spend my 'windfall'.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Strange Cat You have :)
    Good Luck at WF, I would think they will have Tofu of course.

I am home now. While I was walking I stopped to look at the fitbit for time and steps, It showed 6,666 steps :)

Enjoy the Hockey Game
    Good Luck getting a winner.
    Roger