Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    I'll bet its the beard that fooled 'em Ed. They'll never guess your only 16! :)
    Interesting group of bottles and labels...Do continue to leave us your assessment of the various wines that you have with your dinners!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    P8Yclb.jpg

zrepuA.jpg

DcfgqU.jpg

hZjzs1.jpg

WzahUm.jpg

MwWfvU.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 6.8K steps. The temperature is 43 degrees vs 41 degrees yesterday and was not to bad while walking until...
    I shall explain, When I left the house at 6:05 it was clear out, Then as I was getting my coffee the fog started moving in. Therefore I decided to head back to the house early. I figured as the visibility kept dropping that when I had to cross streets it would become less safe as I could not see them as far away nor they Me. I also turned off the Green Hornet Radio Shows I was listening to on the iPod so I could hear the cars easier.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

http://wtvr.com/2017/02/18/central-virginia-infidelity-blackmail-letter-scam/
    Police warn of blackmail letters claiming you are cheating on your spouse
    To watch this video go to the page

RICHMOND, Va., -- An unwed and single Richmond man wants to warn the public about a letter he received claiming he cheated on his wife.

“I thought, who was this mystery wife that I don’t have?" Matt Edwards asked. "This must be a scam. I don’t have a wife.”

Snipped
    The letter reads, "I’m going to cut to the chase. I know you have cheated on your wife. More importantly I have evidence of the infidelity."

The scammer then gives the victim two options – to pay $2,000 through an electronic online Bitcoin money account or the “evidence” of the infidelity would be sent to the victim’s friends and family.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Thanks

Hi Valerie
    You could be right as to what fooled them. There was a 2 Million dollar winner in NJ last night. Not in this house :(

I included the last humorous picture just for You :)

I will be heading out to the Grocery Store later for a couple of bottles of Spring Water that is on sale so that will increase my step count.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited February 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Apparently some of the memes I've recently made are being noticed.

Roger, that meme about breaking news being broken? I MADE THAT ONE! Glad to see it's getting around!

Valerie, of the wines, the Caponero and the Place Andaluz are two favorites. I really like those two.

I feel sure I'll love the La Marchesina Nero D'Avola, simply because I loved the Magnifico Nero D'Avola that I had before. That particular grape (Nero D'Avola) has a distinctive flavor and is, I believe, growing in popularity over here in the states, especially since we have some very affordable bottles of it now.

The Sertorio - Well, I did already have one bottle in stock but haven't tried it yet. So far I've not really been disappointed by the Portuguese wines they've sent me and expect this one will be a decent red table wine. So now I have 4 bottles in stock.

The Tuesday Night Red - Well, it's Cabernet Sauvignon. Like the Sertorio, I did already have one bottle in stock but haven't tried it yet. It's rare for me to meet a Cabernet Sauvignon that I don't like, so I'm sure it will be fine. Now I have 4 bottles in stock.

Yesterday I almost forgot that I had to have lab drawn in the early afternoon, so I didn't get to Aldi, but did get to the doctor's office for the vampires.

Maybe tonight I'll try a bottle of Sertorio. I had some Tuesday Night White (Sauvignon Blanc) on Tuesday...of course. I thought it was quite good, which is another reason I have reasonable expectations for the red. I COULD try Tuesday Night Red on a Thursday but that would just seem somehow wrong. LOL

Here's some Americans trying weird American foods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv1bskS9dDc

and here's some Chinese people trying American "Chinese" food...from, specifically, Panda Express.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4

And in conclusion...Americans trying to eat a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HL9TLH0uEM
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Apparently some of the memes I've recently made are being noticed.

Roger, that meme about breaking news being broken? I MADE THAT ONE! Glad to see it's getting around!

Valerie, of the wines, the Caponero and the Place Andaluz are two favorites. I really like those two.

I feel sure I'll love the La Marchesina Nero D'Avola, simply because I loved the Magnifico Nero D'Avola that I had before. That particular grape (Nero D'Avola) has a distinctive flavor and is, I believe, growing in popularity over here in the states, especially since we have some very affordable bottles of it now.

The Sertorio - Well, I did already have one bottle in stock but haven't tried it yet. So far I've not really been disappointed by the Portuguese wines they've sent me and expect this one will be a decent red table wine. So now I have 4 bottles in stock.

The Tuesday Night Red - Well, it's Cabernet Sauvignon. Like the Sertorio, I did already have one bottle in stock but haven't tried it yet. It's rare for me to meet a Cabernet Sauvignon that I don't like, so I'm sure it will be fine. Now I have 4 bottles in stock.

Yesterday I almost forgot that I had to have lab drawn in the early afternoon, so I didn't get to Aldi, but did get to the doctor's office for the vampires.

Maybe tonight I'll try a bottle of Sertorio. I had some Tuesday Night White (Sauvignon Blanc) on Tuesday...of course. I thought it was quite good, which is another reason I have reasonable expectations for the red. I COULD try Tuesday Night Red on a Thursday but that would just seem somehow wrong. LOL

Here's some Americans trying weird American foods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv1bskS9dDc

and here's some Chinese people trying American "Chinese" food...from, specifically, Panda Express.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4

And in conclusion...Americans trying to eat a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HL9TLH0uEM
    Hi Ed
    I liked it so I Used it. Congratulations on creating it.

Panda Express, What can I say, Faux Chinese Food maybe ?

I know that before I started NS I could most likely have eaten a English breakfast easily :)
    Well... Except for the Blood Sausage :)

Thank You for those videos
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I suspect my Brother would like the PB&M sandwich.

Neither he nor I have any interest in Scrapple despite it being a regular grocery store item around here.

• parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    I would try Scrapple, and I would even try the blood pudding. But then I've sometimes been told I'm very trying...

One of my favorite sandwiches is peanut butter, mayo (actually I prefer Miracle Whip), bacon and sliced onion, on whole wheat toast.

I know it sounds weird, but it's actually quite good. Maybe your brother would like that one, Roger!

• parityanimal
    edited February 2017
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Mercy!! Besides watching crazy Grandma gifts, and people eating various foods, I've managed to do 2 loads of laundry..2nd in dryer for a few more minutes, first folded and put away...reheated my one cup of coffee 3 times ??? I threw that last bit out..yuck! Gathered and taken trash and recycles to their receptacles in the garage, to push to the street later this afternoon..Tom E.s been fed, and is outdoors, his boxes cleaned, etc...I'm just finishing up eating a meal...hard pressed to give it a 'name'! LOL!!
    Soon to head out to the gym, and to gas the car...then I'll eat a bite of ? and head out to O's gymnastics.
    Tomorrow will be better!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well I haven't done too much today. Drank a lot of tea, and still doing that!

But I did make breakfast for me and for Lilo, and washed a lot of dishes. And then some more from lunch. I made home made mac and cheese for me, heavy on the cheese, and spicy basil fried rice for J, with extra egg. He liked it enough to want seconds, finishing off the pan of food. :)

• parityanimal
    edited February 2017
  • parityanimal
    Opened a bottle of the Sertorio wine tonight. VERY GOOD! Fairly fruity, soft tannins, nice bouquet. Not sure just what's in the blend but I think I taste Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, at least. Could be wrong.

It also paired nicely with our dinner appetizer of baked Garlic Parmesan/Romano Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. J and I both really liked the cauliflower bites!

We'll see shortly how well it goes with the roasted rosemary and garlic potatoes and the onion, bell pepper, and pepper jack omelet that Eduardo is planning.

• parityanimal
    Update: Wine paired very well with the remainder of dinner too. I feel stuffed now. J liked it all too.
  • parityanimal
    Speaking of wine and dinner...here it is!

Appetizer - Baked Garlic Parmesan/Romano Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Entrée - Onion, bell pepper, and pepper Jack omelet with garlic herb roasted potatoes, slightly over roasted…but still tasty and very crispy

Wine of choice:
    Sertório, Vinho Tinto, Portugal

20170223_190341_zpsgt1epazb.jpg

20170223_202426_zps9uu1ueii.jpg

20170223_183652_zpscrwjzrhd.jpg
  • RogerToo
    aaz85d.jpg

WlNw4F.jpg

TK5QoM.jpg

oFFIpA.jpg

AgUyrN.gif