Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! I did get out into the sunlight a bit yesterday, but only here in the yard, opening the greenhouse door for air, checking out the flower beds in the front, getting the mail, etc. 47 degrees out there now and supposed to get up in the 60s today, with 30% chance of rain in the morning. I think it might be starting to rain already.

J has a volunteer repotting thing going on this morning at the orchid center of the botanic gardens. They asked him to help this once because they somehow lent too many people out to other things and didn't have enough normal volunteers for this weekend. I'll probably go along and find something to do while that's going on. Like find a quiet corner and take a nap...or just wander around if it's not raining.

After, a friend, who will also be repotting, wants to go to lunch with us, but not at a place conveniently near the botanic gardens, of course, but halfway across town.

Sounds like normal cat behavior to me. He wants to play, and is playing as if you are another cat, but doesn't realize that you are not quite as durable as another cat would be, so is playing a bit too roughly for you. Figaro (our angel kitty in the kissing booth) loved to hide under chairs and swat at people as they went past. And his normal plan for playing with me involved lots of cuddling, stomach scritches, back scritches, and petting. If I tried to stop before he was ready, he'd try to draw my hand back with one paw, claws extended, and when HE was ready for it to be done, he'd bite me to let me know that we were done. He didn't bite hard, just enough to say "We're done, thanks."

I've just eaten the third plate for breakfast. Delicious!

One plate to go. Won't be lunch, apparently, but might be dinner.
    Hi Ed
    That dinner looked so delicious I was sorry I did not have it here :)

I hope You don't gt to bored at the repotting.

I did wonder if the cat was playing, OTOH never having had a cat I was not sure.

Enjoy the weather
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! I think...yes, that's right. The weekend seems to have tried to all merge together into a blob or something. But then I haven't made my first mug of tea yet. Perhaps I should do coffee today...

Been up about an hour, with the usual distractions. Not a lot on the agenda today other than probably a nap.

Sink has been cleared, and I think I'll go make that first mug of tea now.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    CG7jx5.jpg

xzQjmZ.gif

eavifZ.jpg

dtLywN.jpg

iw9nlS.jpg

zzc4jB.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 8,859steps. The temperature is 47 degrees vs 31 degrees yesterday and very nice for walking too.

I stopped for a light Breakfast while walking and had two Eggs, a slice of Bacon, a small slice of Ham and some Rye toast. I packaged up The Large Breakfast Sausage, Slice of Bacon and Home Fries and brought them home where my Brother will use them. He likes those Fat sausages, I never did. I bought that special since I felt like a taste of Bacon and Ham :)

Then I stopped at the grocery Store for three Bananas, Gala Apples and Bartlett Pears + saving 10cents for using the discount Key tag. I also looked at the price on shredded Wheat Whole Wheat & Bran Spoon size and made a note of the price so my brother can compare it with the Shop Rite price when he heads over there later. Whichever is cheaper will be the key, ShopRite Price or Local Grocery Store @ $3.89 - 10% on Wednesday when I stop there for more Bananas.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Sunday morning!
    Bright outside, though not actually sunny yet. Hopefully that will come along later.
    Kids are in Athens playing in an outdoor hockey tourney. Hope they're having fun. They played a total of 3 games yesterday..one here in Cumming GA, the other two in Athens. Don't you know they were tired little puck chasers!

Ed, I read your assessment of why Tom E. draws blood and or bites. So, I guess its not because he's essentially a 'wild woods kitty'. Can't say that makes me any happier. This morning the big bad human just declined playing the rub my belly game. I'll be ever so glad when temps are 50ish over night on a regular basis, and he can be an outdoor cat again. I hope he makes the transition easily like last spring...but, last spring there were two of them, and I think that made a big difference maybe. Time will tell.

Speaking of time, its nearly 10 a.m. and I have not eaten my breakfast. It will be a very late breakfast! :)

Roger sounds like you had a more pleasant walk today! Glad for you since you've persisted thru some really uncomfortable weather. Hope you see more and more good walking weather.

Later...Oh, I loved the black snake killing dog cartoon!! Thanks for the morning chuckle.

• GardenKatGardens
    Ed, that's interesting. I just need to superglue spatula's to my feet and hands, and I can give Spiderman a run for his money!!! LOL!! jk. I really did like the post.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 44 out there now with a high in the mid 70s expected.

I need to clear the sink and do some grocery shopping today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning..its Monday and Presidents Day.
    Looks like we're going to have a warm and sunny day or two. I'm all for that!

Today I visit the Hand Ortho and find out if my thumb is healing or not. I'm focused on 'healed', bone knitted, etc. I can't think past that. If he says different I'm going to be very unhappy.

Ed just posted...I knew it was odd to be first!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 8,058 steps. The temperature is 45 degrees vs 47 degrees yesterday and very nice for walking too.
    Here in NJ many areas had record warmth, I saw a bunch of 68 degree reports and one higher at 69 degrees. So strange for February.

yesterdays light Breakfast while walking does not seem to have had any impact as far as weight gain when I scaled myself this morning :)

Have a Great Monday AKA Presidents Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    zXw08F.gif

evoHK9.jpg

FFZPOT.gif

mn1Bcw.jpg

OCPG7H.jpg

XtWfR9.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday morning!
    Bright outside, though not actually sunny yet. Hopefully that will come along later.
    Kids are in Athens playing in an outdoor hockey tourney. Hope they're having fun. They played a total of 3 games yesterday..one here in Cumming GA, the other two in Athens. Don't you know they were tired little puck chasers!

Ed, I read your assessment of why Tom E. draws blood and or bites. So, I guess its not because he's essentially a 'wild woods kitty'. Can't say that makes me any happier. This morning the big bad human just declined playing the rub my belly game. I'll be ever so glad when temps are 50ish over night on a regular basis, and he can be an outdoor cat again. I hope he makes the transition easily like last spring...but, last spring there were two of them, and I think that made a big difference maybe. Time will tell.

Speaking of time, its nearly 10 a.m. and I have not eaten my breakfast. It will be a very late breakfast! :)

Roger sounds like you had a more pleasant walk today! Glad for you since you've persisted thru some really uncomfortable weather. Hope you see more and more good walking weather.

Later...Oh, I loved the black snake killing dog cartoon!! Thanks for the morning chuckle.
    Hi Valerie
    I would have to concur, They should have no trouble getting the kids to bed after three games.
    I hope the weather stays good too :)

I also hope we do not get the rains like they are getting in California too.
    I'm glad You liked the Humor.
    Good Morning..its Monday and Presidents Day.
    Looks like we're going to have a warm and sunny day or two. I'm all for that!

Today I visit the Hand Ortho and find out if my thumb is healing or not. I'm focused on 'healed', bone knitted, etc. I can't think past that. If he says different I'm going to be very unhappy.

Ed just posted...I knew it was odd to be first!

Later...

Good Luck at the Ortho.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Ed
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good News!! Thumb is almost 100%, well enough I don't need the splint any more! And I have such a thoughtful Ortho Doc...he was handing out hand sanitizer 'pens' to everyone. They spray alcohol, (isopropyl, not the 'good stuff'!) He explained he has a small school aged boy, and he is trying to not bring the kids germs to the patients, and the patient germs not going home with him to his family!

I'm going to have a nap. I looked out the door, and Tom E. is sound asleep atop the hen house enjoying the sun. So, we shall both nap. Also Tom is getting a gift. I'm giving him the splint. I'm sure once its not on my arm he will ignore it, but its been his nemesis for a month now so I'll give him the opportunity to destroy it, if he chooses to do so!

Again great cartoons....tofu s'mores...sounds ick to me too...and the dog that startled the cats...made me laugh.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Good News!! Thumb is almost 100%, well enough I don't need the splint any more! And I have such a thoughtful Ortho Doc...he was handing out hand sanitizer 'pens' to everyone. They spray alcohol, (isopropyl, not the 'good stuff'!) He explained he has a small school aged boy, and he is trying to not bring the kids germs to the patients, and the patient germs not going home with him to his family!

I'm going to have a nap. I looked out the door, and Tom E. is sound asleep atop the hen house enjoying the sun. So, we shall both nap. Also Tom is getting a gift. I'm giving him the splint. I'm sure once its not on my arm he will ignore it, but its been his nemesis for a month now so I'll give him the opportunity to destroy it, if he chooses to do so!

Again great cartoons....tofu s'mores...sounds ick to me too...and the dog that startled the cats...made me laugh.

Later...

Hi Valerie

Congratulations on the Thumb nearing the 100% mark.
    I use Isopropyl alcohol for many things.
    To remove Magic marker if I made a mistake, it works Good Until it has been on the item for while.
    Cleaning many things, including computer keyboards and screens.
    That's off the top of my head.
    It does tend to dry the skin however.

I hope Your Nap went well.

Tofu S'mores, Ick is not even close to how it sounds to me.

I'm glad You enjoyed them

Have a Great Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 55 out there right now. High of 71 predicted with 50% chance of showers.

Need to get the sink cleared, and not much else. Maybe a little housework. We'll see how Eddie feels about that.

Lilo has been fed and I've been fed. A nap needs to work its way in sometime today. Maybe soon...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 8,484 steps. The temperature is 31 degrees vs 45 degrees yesterday and to bad while walking.

Tomorrow is Grocery Store Day for Bananas and whatever fruit looks good at a good price. There is a possibility of Showers in the forecast.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger

A huge misunderstanding’: Contractor guts wrong Fort Worth house

FORT WORTH

When a TCU-area rental house was gutted last week, just before it was to be sold, the owners had lots of questions.

Thinking burglars had destroyed the house and taken all the fixtures, they called Fort Worth police to report the crime. Their plight — remarkable in part because of the thoroughness of the burglars, who took appliances, toilets, furniture, cabinets, shutters, doors, molding and even the doorbell — made the news in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Worse still, owners Lee and Lelia Beckelman, of the Houston area, had a contract to sell the house at 2736 Forest Park Blvd. Their son had lived there with roommates while he attended TCU, but he moved out in August and the last roommate left in October.

Their real estate agent found the place gutted Feb. 9. Essentially all that remained were walls, bathtubs and some of the flooring.

But as it turns out, the whole episode was an honest mistake.

As Fort Worth police were beginning the investigation, they got a phone call from a contractor who explained what happened, said Fort Worth Police Department Sgt. W.D. Paine.

The contractor told police that the man who owned a house at 2700 Forest Park Blvd. hired him to gut it, Paine said. When the contractor and crew arrived at the street, they saw what appeared to be an address on the curb, “2700 Forest Park Boulevard,” directly in front of a house.

The crew didn’t notice that the numbers on the house said 2736, not 2700.

“It was a huge misunderstanding,” Paine said.

The owner of 2700 Forest Park didn’t give the contractor any keys, and instructed him to just kick the door in to get inside, Paine said. The contractor did just that, and he and his crew removed almost everything inside over three days, during which they told neighbors they had been hired for the work.

Paine said police don’t intend to charge the contractor for the “big goof-up.”

“We can’t really file a criminal mischief charge because his intent wasn’t to deprive them of the property,” Paine said. “We’re leaving it up to the contractor and victim to settle it.”

Lelia Beckelman said Friday that they have spoken to the contractor. Neither the police nor the Beckelmans released the contractor’s name.

“He feels really bad and is willing to make us whole and restore things,” she said. “He’s an honest guy.”

Paine said the contractor had offered to restore the house or even buy it for the selling price. Beckelman said it was listed for $369,000, but didn’t want to disclose the contract price.

She said the current plan is for the contractor to return everything that had been taken and restore the house, at the least.

“He is bending over backwards for us,” Beckelman said. “We are grateful that he was honest and admitted the mistake and wants to reconcile."
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Nice One. I always liked the RoadRunner cartoons

Thank You
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    People eat weird foods from Amazon.com...I may never eat again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccihiGkxOA