Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    No bananas, but I usually get those from my CSA box if I want bananas. Got tired of them and haven't been getting any for a while. Right now I'm eating Pink Lady apples instead, and I have some pears and a mango handy too. For next week I'm getting some other kind of apple (I forget exactly what, but they are yellow in the picture - NOT yellow delicious, blech!) and another mango and maybe something else...I set the order this morning, but that was a while ago.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    No bananas, but I usually get those from my CSA box if I want bananas. Got tired of them and haven't been getting any for a while. Right now I'm eating Pink Lady apples instead, and I have some pears and a mango handy too. For next week I'm getting some other kind of apple (I forget exactly what, but they are yellow in the picture - NOT yellow delicious, blech!) and another mango and maybe something else...I set the order this morning, but that was a while ago.
    Hi Ed
    I have had Pink Lady Apples and they were delicious IMO.

I am sort of curious what the other yellow apple is if not the Golden Delicious.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    Opal apples. One parent is Golden Delicious but I have read that the Opal apples taste a lot like Honeycrisp. I liked Jonagold apples well enough and they have Golden Delicious as a parent.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Early Sunday Morning!
    Hockey morning :)
    Ted came out yesterday and we got a few chores done. Always fun to be around that kid!
    AND....wait for it...
    I did my taxes yesterday afternoon!!!! Yea Me! Used Turbo Tax online. Easy, hardly what I'd call fast. :) My taxes are very simple and TurboTax asks a million jillion questions :) Some I'd forgotten about, like needing my drivers license, and a new wrinkle...another security question from last years taxes...I had to start up the old MacBook Pro for that one. ETC. But done!!!
    Heading to the shower...coffee's done and I've had a delicious boneless banana..

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Supposed to be warm and wet today. 80% chance of rain. Was wanting to get out to the store but we'll see about that.

We went to a party last night, and brought lasagna. It was Stouffers frozen lasagna because with the orchid photography in the afternoon there wasn't any time for me to make my own. With the purchased lasagna, I was able to satisfy the carnivores AND any vegetarians, as I bought a party size Italian lasagna and a party size Alfredo veggie lasagna. There is a bit of the veggie one left that will likely be lunch today, with a side salad.

Sink needs to be cleared. Laundry needs to be at least pondered...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8092 steps, The temperature is 33 degrees and that is colder than yesterday. It drizzled for a few minutes while I was walking abd the streets were wet when I went out the door. There is a possibility of freezing rain or sleet or rain for my area, They can not seem to make up their minds :) they are showing icy conditions north of me.
    I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some in the shell nuts and a couple of Black Plums for variety.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Opal apples. One parent is Golden Delicious but I have read that the Opal apples taste a lot like Honeycrisp. I liked Jonagold apples well enough and they have Golden Delicious as a parent.
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that information. When I looked up the Pacific Rose apples I bought with the core in weighing 329g, With a decent crunch and a little sweet, nutrition information I found:
    Nutrition Facts Serving Size: Medium apple (154g)
    Amount Per Serving Calories from Fat 0
    Calories 80
    % Daily Values*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 0mg
    Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 17g
    Other Carbohydrate 0g
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 20%
    Calcium 2% Iron 2%

Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Supposed to be warm and wet today. 80% chance of rain. Was wanting to get out to the store but we'll see about that.

We went to a party last night, and brought lasagna. It was Stouffers frozen lasagna because with the orchid photography in the afternoon there wasn't any time for me to make my own. With the purchased lasagna, I was able to satisfy the carnivores AND any vegetarians, as I bought a party size Italian lasagna and a party size Alfredo veggie lasagna. There is a bit of the veggie one left that will likely be lunch today, with a side salad.

Sink needs to be cleared. Laundry needs to be at least pondered...
    When I headed out the door I was somewhat worried that with the ground being wet and the temperature being just above freezing It might turn Icy, Luckily It stayed only wet and the traction was good and most of the sidewalks were clear from yesterdays warm temperature. There was a raw feel to the air as there was a breeze, I had the hood up on the Hoodie and Rain jacket which It did drizzle somewhat.

Stay Dry and warm
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I like trying new kinds of apples, and when I saw that in next week's CSA box they had TWO different kinds of apples, but neither one a particular favorite of mine...well, I just swapped both kinds for Opal and am really looking forward to eating one when they arrive next Friday. I'll be receiving 4 Opal apples. If they are REALLY tasty, the sugar gliders might get a piece of one of them. They like Pink Lady and Honey Crisp.

• RogerToo
    EElFab.gif

VuBeHw.png

yJUNyC.png

aFJ9dQ.png

y3BVLp.png

dF9IXt.png

yAAwAw.png
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit exactly 8700 steps at my return home :) The temperature is 34 degrees and that is a whopping 1 degree warmer than yesterday. The streets were looking dry when I went out the door. We had mostly rain yesterday where I am with a few icy pellets hitting the window a couple of times. The Local news reports last night showed icy conditions ans snow north of me. Some areas picked up a few inches if the white stuff.

I was able to work my around the few slippery spots I encountered.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I like trying new kinds of apples, and when I saw that in next week's CSA box they had TWO different kinds of apples, but neither one a particular favorite of mine...well, I just swapped both kinds for Opal and am really looking forward to eating one when they arrive next Friday. I'll be receiving 4 Opal apples. If they are REALLY tasty, the sugar gliders might get a piece of one of them. They like Pink Lady and Honey Crisp.
    Hi Ed
    Interesting, I Like the Pink Lady and Honey Crisp too.
    My brother OTOH has a much narrower range of apples he will eat and the ones he does like are out of season and do not store well either. Trying to get him to try new types of apples is a no go too :(

Good Luck with the CSA box
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

44 out there now and supposed to get into the mid 60s today with no chance of rain. As always, I've been up for a while but ... distractions...

Lilo has been fed and I had a pink lady apple and a leftover Iraqi Guss spiced lamb loin steak, braised in red wine, from the other night. Still have one nice piece left. That will likely be lunch, perhaps with a salad, or perhaps with another apple or a pear. I'm a little overloaded on fruit and romaine lettuce right now so need to be eating some of it up. I wish the hearts of romaine didn't always have to come in three packs. We ate one yesterday but still have two hearts to go.

Last night for dinner, we had an experimental quick fix I saw at Aldi. Well, experimental in that we had never tried such a noodle bowl before...way too high on the carb index for me to have very often, but I thought they might make nice quick lunches for J now and then.

In much the same style as the Simply Asia Spicy Mongolian Noodle bowl, Aldi had a Fusia Spicy Mongolian Noodle bowl (on sale at $1.69) so I bought a couple. A small packet of dried vegetables, a bag of ready cooked fat round noodles, a packet of sauce and a small packet of toasted sesame seeds for topping, all in a cook and eat type round, plastic (recyclable/reusable) bowl.

You put the dried veggies in the bottom of the bowl, add the noodles, add the sauce, add 2 tablespoons of water, and cook, with the lid laid loosely on the top, in the microwave for 90 seconds or so. Let stand for one minute, remove, uncover, stir until it's all well mixed and evenly sauced. Top with the sesame seeds and enjoy!

After we ate the salad, each dinner entree took about 3 minutes to prepare! And it appears to be VEGAN. I know the Simply Asia version is vegan as it's labeled as vegan. I don't recall noticing that on the Fusia version and would have to read the ingredients again to see if it had EGG noodles. J wouldn't have cared about that but they probably were not egg noodles. They WERE wheat noodles though, I'm quite sure.

For a review I'd have to say: WAY more carbs than I generally need, and a bit high on the calories. Very tasty sauce and nice texture from the vegetables and the sesame seed topping. The portion looks small when made, but it is more filling than it looks, especially after eating a medium large salad.

Caveat: No way to adjust the spice/heat level and these were surprisingly spicy hot! Neither J nor I had any issue with that heat level, and could have taken quite a bit more but they were hot enough for me to actually notice so some people might find it a bit much. Approach with caution.

Well, sink needs clearing and I think I need to get out to the grocery for a few things. Local orchid society meeting tonight.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Its Monday Morning!
    Have had breakfast and lunch, been to see my chiro, and the 'when in town' necessary stop at Midtown Whole Foods...where they DO have my tofu and today broccoli florets with red pepper flakes, and their vegan Mac & Cheese. So, that was lunch!
    Am now ready to put gas in the car, and then go to the gym.
    Need to remove the hair ( my white ones, Ted's dogs' white fur, and probably a hair or three from Tom E. Cat) from my navy pea coat...and then my chores are done for the day!
    Dinner will be a baked potato, an ear or two of fresh corn from my Sunday trip to WF Johns Creek...where they don't have fried tofu, salad with raw crunchy veggies and lettuces with pineapple mango salsa as dressing. I will be stuffed! :)
    My chiro was very pleased with my 'alignment' said she could tell I'd been working out, and I could come back in a MONTH!! WooHoooo! Its been awhile since I got that vote of approval from her!!!
    Ok, off to buy gasoline....

Later....
    OH, loved the cartoons and the 'not my cat' pix. I'd say a lot of those people now own cats! LOL!!!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and currently I am at 9464 steps. The temperature is 28 degrees and that is colder than yesterday. Tomorrow is Senior Discount day at the Grocery Store so the plan is to stop in while walking and buy some Bananas and see what other fruits look good.

Today I had a Ready to drink Protein shake and as I was flattening the carton I wondered to myself am I the only one that leaves the lid loose, then flattens it and tightens the lids to keep them flat?

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! And it's Valentines Day!

38 out there right now and supposed to get to 68 for the high.

Nothing much planned for today. Sink has been cleared.

Lilo would not let me sleep as late as desired. We didn't get to bed until I'd already been a pumpkin for over half an hour, what with the meeting and then J wanting to eat at a late night restaurant near the meeting place after the meeting. I have an egg roll and a couple of potstickers left from that and he has most of a dish of Singapore curry noodles and some fried rice.

I could have eaten my leftovers for breakfast, and had I been more awake might have, but Lilo started her bed vulture routine on the headboard around 6:30...I refused and she gave that up to run madly around the room for a while and about 7:38 she came back to be bed vulture again so I gave up, got up, fed her and sleepily poked my face into the refrigerator. The first thing my eyes hit was the last bit of leftover lamb so my brain said...BREAKFAST and so it was. I guess I'll have the egg roll and pot stickers for lunch, with maybe a chicken leg worth of meat and a spoonful of fried rice. I'm sure the chicken legs I took out to thaw are ready for it and I was planning to make a small bit of chicken fried rice with those. Heavy on the chicken and veggies, light on the rice.

A nap is DEFINITELY in the works for today. I'll ponder other things later...nap may already be looming, after I finish two cups of tea with Meyer lemon...

I see Roger posted while I was typing. Hi, Roger!

• RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

44 out there now and supposed to get into the mid 60s today with no chance of rain. As always, I've been up for a while but ... distractions...

Lilo has been fed and I had a pink lady apple and a leftover Iraqi Guss spiced lamb loin steak, braised in red wine, from the other night. Still have one nice piece left. That will likely be lunch, perhaps with a salad, or perhaps with another apple or a pear. I'm a little overloaded on fruit and romaine lettuce right now so need to be eating some of it up. I wish the hearts of romaine didn't always have to come in three packs. We ate one yesterday but still have two hearts to go.

Last night for dinner, we had an experimental quick fix I saw at Aldi. Well, experimental in that we had never tried such a noodle bowl before...way too high on the carb index for me to have very often, but I thought they might make nice quick lunches for J now and then.

In much the same style as the Simply Asia Spicy Mongolian Noodle bowl, Aldi had a Fusia Spicy Mongolian Noodle bowl (on sale at $1.69) so I bought a couple. A small packet of dried vegetables, a bag of ready cooked fat round noodles, a packet of sauce and a small packet of toasted sesame seeds for topping, all in a cook and eat type round, plastic (recyclable/reusable) bowl.

You put the dried veggies in the bottom of the bowl, add the noodles, add the sauce, add 2 tablespoons of water, and cook, with the lid laid loosely on the top, in the microwave for 90 seconds or so. Let stand for one minute, remove, uncover, stir until it's all well mixed and evenly sauced. Top with the sesame seeds and enjoy!

After we ate the salad, each dinner entree took about 3 minutes to prepare! And it appears to be VEGAN. I know the Simply Asia version is vegan as it's labeled as vegan. I don't recall noticing that on the Fusia version and would have to read the ingredients again to see if it had EGG noodles. J wouldn't have cared about that but they probably were not egg noodles. They WERE wheat noodles though, I'm quite sure.

For a review I'd have to say: WAY more carbs than I generally need, and a bit high on the calories. Very tasty sauce and nice texture from the vegetables and the sesame seed topping. The portion looks small when made, but it is more filling than it looks, especially after eating a medium large salad.

Caveat: No way to adjust the spice/heat level and these were surprisingly spicy hot! Neither J nor I had any issue with that heat level, and could have taken quite a bit more but they were hot enough for me to actually notice so some people might find it a bit much. Approach with caution.

Well, sink needs clearing and I think I need to get out to the grocery for a few things. Local orchid society meeting tonight.
    Hi Ed
    I have noticed that too, Why a Three pack? I can only guess it keeps the cost down since one package and handling for three and they must feel that the demand for single packs would be too low, At a guess :)

I looked at several different brands of Add water bowls of noodle items and they all seemed to be high sodium, was this one OK that way?

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. Loved the cat humor link.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Its Monday Morning!
    Have had breakfast and lunch, been to see my chiro, and the 'when in town' necessary stop at Midtown Whole Foods...where they DO have my tofu and today broccoli florets with red pepper flakes, and their vegan Mac & Cheese. So, that was lunch!
    Am now ready to put gas in the car, and then go to the gym.
    Need to remove the hair ( my white ones, Ted's dogs' white fur, and probably a hair or three from Tom E. Cat) from my navy pea coat...and then my chores are done for the day!
    Dinner will be a baked potato, an ear or two of fresh corn from my Sunday trip to WF Johns Creek...where they don't have fried tofu, salad with raw crunchy veggies and lettuces with pineapple mango salsa as dressing. I will be stuffed! :)
    My chiro was very pleased with my 'alignment' said she could tell I'd been working out, and I could come back in a MONTH!! WooHoooo! Its been awhile since I got that vote of approval from her!!!
    Ok, off to buy gasoline....

Later....
    OH, loved the cartoons and the 'not my cat' pix. I'd say a lot of those people now own cats! LOL!!!
    Hi Valerie
    I am guessing a sticky roller for the hairs?

It must be so handy to be able to pick up ready to eat foods like that now and then.

Congratulations on Your "Alignment"
    Roger