Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    iTI8gb.jpg

N12QUY.png

Mj0BdP.jpg

PX1bh3.jpg

ryu0pb.jpg

uJT5jX.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Oh no, not another Nor'easter! You've had at least one that I can remember this winter!! Tell Mother Nature that this is over kill and to bring in spring! LOL! if we only could, right. I know you will have made all necessary precautions like we do in the south....get your bread and eggs :)

Also enjoyed your observation that your Cinnamon Raisin Ezekial Bread is being eaten one slice at a time. That's about how the Sprouted Ezekial bread goes at my house!

Ok, I know what cotter pins are...Though I admit I need a pliers to pull one ;)...I was wondering what this was on...an airplane, a toy wagon, farm equipment, etc. Its rusted state looks like its been holding whatever for a long time?!?

Lunch today, when I finally got around to making it, was my grilled portabella mushroom on a slim piece of roll, and the peppers, onion in cream sauce (cashew cream) with the addition of whole kernel corn. I've made the poblano chilies with onion before, but had been reading recipe's, and the addition of corn was genius! Fortunately I have enough leftover to enjoy at least 2 more time, which should work out just right....I want all perishable food eaten by Thursday night! Anything still here will go into the trash, save a couple banana's for breakfast.

Oh, and those potato and onion bags I bought?....the potatoes are doing great no sprouting, etc. the onion not so much. I wonder if the 'sprouting' had begun in the onions before I bought them at the grocery and just wasn't noticeable. They in all truth had small maybe one inch sprouts, that were beige in color but sprouted none the less. I have a couple more onions in the sack, and when they are gone I plan to wash the bag...so I'll let you know how that goes..

Later...
    I'd give you a giraffe update, but because of wind and storms the live feed of the giraffe is down. Some 8 million people are trying to watch and many are fussing. Where is the IT department when you need them? LOL!
    Hi Valerie
    I do not think Mother Nature cares about NJ :)

I suspect it will likely go bad before I finish the bread, I pulled it from the freezer to make room for the NS frozen order. When I order that I get 28 days of Frozen Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners and Snacks so the Freezer section and the Basement freezer will be full with the Leftover frozen NS Snacks and the other frozen items.

If I said that we never run to the store for Bread, Eggs or Milk in the food line and never right before a snow storm for Ice Melt or shovels. Every forecast for a deep snowfall people clean off the shelves of snow shovels and Ice-melt. I can sort of see the ice-melt as it is a consumable. I do not understand the shovels however. My Brother and I have been using the same ones for years :)

Those are designed to be easy to pull vs the ones that You push through and bend to secure...

8 million people complaining that something free is not working :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Late night howdy, y'all.

Lived through Saturday. Just been running around the house resetting all the clocks for the hour we're losing tonight, but STILL need to get there relatively early tomorrow to make the coffee...

From the amount of coffee consumed today, I think HE WHO CONTROLS THE COFFEE CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE! THE COFFEE MUST FLOW!

I made a lot of coffee throughout the course of the day. Even made an emergency run to Kroger to buy more, as I had started with about 1/3 of a can of regular, but at the rate they had been consuming coffee I finished that off this morning. They didn't run out while I was gone, as the nearest Kroger isn't far.

Fortunately I had the foresight to buy TWO 32 count cases of half liter waters. They almost drank up a whole 32 count pack today! Over Thursday and Friday, they consumed a 35 pack from Costco, and we ran out in mid afternoon Friday. I was determined we were NOT going to run out again, and it appears we won't.

They have eaten most of the yogurt and pastries, a little over half the boiled eggs, maybe half a family size bag of chips, and a good bit of the small snacky bagged foods I bought. Tomorrow is "try to entice the vendors and volunteers to eat up all the leftover stuff" day so we don't have too much to throw out or try to disperse to people at the end. I can already tell there will be some fruit left over, but I'm sure someone will take that. I'll take some of it if no one else wants it. Snacky things can be eaten at local Orchid Society meetings.

I don't think I've spent TOO much on stuff, and feel like I haven't gone over budget. I'll be reimbursed regardless, but the show chair wouldn't give me a number, just said to buy what I needed. My most expensive individual purchase was two 74 ounce insulated coffee urns with lever action dispensing. I carefully shopped for urns that would meet my standards and then found the best price I could. Those came in just under $60 with shipping and everything and they seem to be EXCELLENT coffee urns. I was very satisfied with them and people had relatively fresh, hot coffee from me all day in them. I got a lot of compliments and thanks on having coffee available all day every day too!

The urns will be utilized in local society meetings as well, and, of course, in future shows, so they were more of an investment than just a purchase, but we'll still pay for them out of the show budget for this year.

OK. I'm cooled off now from running around setting clocks. I think I'll feed the sugar gliders and go to bed...Tomorrow is another day. And the LAST DAY OF THIS #$%^ show!

Hi Ed
    I did a lot of the clocks, a few are left to do. The Big one on the bedroom wall that I set ahead yesterday evening stopped at 5:15, Talk about coincidence. I still have a few left to do. The one over the door between the kitchen and the dining room I need to use a stool to adjust :(
    I spent a few minutes changing the smoke detector and CO detector batteries this morning too.

If the snacks and water are free they'll go quickly :)

The Coffee Urns sound like what the 7-Eleven and Quick Chek locations use for the coffee they sell. Customers decide what coffee they want, dispense their own and add Creamer or flavored creamers and sugar/sweetener, Self serve at its best.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Last day of the orchid show. I will keep the coffee flowing! And I'll wear a jacket today as it's supposed to be cool.

Need to get ready to head out.
    I think I saw Precipitation in the forecast for Your area in the near future?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Sunday, officially afternoon :)
    Yes, it rained most if not all of the night..half an inch worth at my house.
    Roger, 8 million peeps is really not THAT many if you think about the hundreds of billions who have internet access around the world! Some of those folks have been watching for 3+ weeks when the first U-tube video's went up! I confess to checking on the old gal multiple times a day, and usually at night as well when I wake for my potty run.

I loved, really loved the meme about taking down the flag and the NRA sticker and putting up the Pak flags and ISIS, etc. Maybe I should think that thru.... LOL! jk!!!

Ed, info to late to do you any good today...just tuck in your brain file labeled 'sometimes accessible'....at sb, they only let brewed coffee sit in the vacuum urns for a max of two hours...timers are set...and 2 hours later coffee is dumped and fresh is brewed. :) FWIW, timers are also set for the pots of cream, etc for folks to use. You might imagine a shift at sb is always buzzing!!!! somewhere....

Jack and kids are on their way over...we were supposed to work outside today...hmmmm. Don't think that will happen, I don't want my kid electrocuted in MY yard! But, there are several chores that can be done inside...:) I'm never at a loss for chores.

Cat is quite confused...he's been in and out 5 times since I got up at about 10 a.m.... cat is killing me. I now want to go back and read the post about deceptive dogs....somehow that does not surprise me! I raised the most vindictive little LhasaPoo ever! and I've watched my kids golden work them like musical instruments! Its almost funny.

Later...
    AND still no baby giraffe. Know how the giraffe got that name? Original meaning...camel wearing leopard skin. (guess they didn't notice the big l o n g neck????) :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    The orchid show is over!

I stayed until the bitter end, offering coffee, water, soft drinks, and a few crunchy snacks for the people doing the tear down and clean up. When it was all done and everyone was packing up their last bits of stuff and preparing to leave, I packed up my stuff too and came on home. I was there for about 10 hours today.

I'm tired. And I don't want to think about coffee for a while. At least not until tomorrow evening for the regular Atlanta Orchid Society meeting...

There was no f%^$#@* way I was going to empty and refill those urns every two hours. I'd have been endlessly making coffee! I just added fresh, hot coffee on top whenever a significant amount was taken, keeping them hot that way. The people at sb are, after all, PAID to do that, unlike little old me! LOL

The coffee maker we had on loan was SLOOOOOOOW to make a pot too, or maybe it was just because I was impatiently egging it on to finish so I could pour it into an urn! Of course, while it was brewing I was priming the urns with hot water, preparing the bowl of ice to lay out the individual yogurt cups, laying the yogurt in that bowl of ice, dumping ice on a cooler full of soft drinks and bottled water, adding MORE soft drinks and bottled water, if needed, and setting out the juices and various jugs of tea, but I still was usually ready to pour the coffee before it was ready for me! The pastries and crunchy snacks I always laid out the night before, so they'd be ready to roll in the morning after being uncovered, so that was easy. Ditto with the fruit. Also while waiting I was priming the urns with hot water.

Even at the end of the day, people were complimenting my coffee! :)

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    edited March 2017
    What a day.
    Jack came alone...and we got the crepe myrtle cut back, and also the zebra grass clump which has become huge...like about 4 ft across. I'm considering Round Up. Replacing with a smaller clumping ornamental grass, like Little Blue Stem maybe.
    And Jack brought me an echo dot. Ask Alexa....hmmmm. This should be fun. I can make it play music, which is great, I can also ask Alexa to turn the volume up or down...also nice. Not having much luck with the other in app functions, like NHL Hockey scores, or a meditation one, or a list making one, etc....I'm apparently doing some thing very wrong! So, already frustrated, I checked my fitbit to decide if I needed to hurry off to the gym before they closed....... (insert sobs and tears here) my 5 year old Fitbit IS DEAD!!! The new one will be delivered for free, thank you Amazon, and on sale as well. Since the old one was a gift from DS2 I can't complain. I will miss having 3 days data, but that can't be helped. And, yes I did go to the gym and biked for half an hour :)

And I just checked...no baby giraffe. Right now they are feeding her treats...she LOVES romaine lettuce and carrots!

The rain stopped, at least at my house by lunch time, but it is COLD. Maybe not to Roger cold, but damp windy, and 45 degrees comes as quite a shock to this 'southern flower' !! And if Ed's out in it for more than a few minutes I think he'll agree...yep, cold!

Ok, thats all for now.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    ZFB5zU.jpg

EBZcZc.jpg

nRi1Ba.jpg

HSTErl.jpg

vclpdM.jpg

UJZxBO.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.4K steps and The temperature was 21 degrees Vs 22 degrees yesterday. It looks more and more like plenty of Snow Tuesday :( If so I suspect I'll stay home. This Mornings 5:50AM forecast showed us in the 12 to 18 inch area with areas to the south in NJ as being lower.

I strapped on the Backpack and stopped at the Grocery Store where I bought Bananas, Nectarines and Black Plums.
    The Town has been out preparing for the upcoming snow by brineing the streets early this morning.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    The orchid show is over!

I stayed until the bitter end, offering coffee, water, soft drinks, and a few crunchy snacks for the people doing the tear down and clean up. When it was all done and everyone was packing up their last bits of stuff and preparing to leave, I packed up my stuff too and came on home. I was there for about 10 hours today.

I'm tired. And I don't want to think about coffee for a while. At least not until tomorrow evening for the regular Atlanta Orchid Society meeting...

There was no f%^$#@* way I was going to empty and refill those urns every two hours. I'd have been endlessly making coffee! I just added fresh, hot coffee on top whenever a significant amount was taken, keeping them hot that way. The people at sb are, after all, PAID to do that, unlike little old me! LOL

The coffee maker we had on loan was SLOOOOOOOW to make a pot too, or maybe it was just because I was impatiently egging it on to finish so I could pour it into an urn! Of course, while it was brewing I was priming the urns with hot water, preparing the bowl of ice to lay out the individual yogurt cups, laying the yogurt in that bowl of ice, dumping ice on a cooler full of soft drinks and bottled water, adding MORE soft drinks and bottled water, if needed, and setting out the juices and various jugs of tea, but I still was usually ready to pour the coffee before it was ready for me! The pastries and crunchy snacks I always laid out the night before, so they'd be ready to roll in the morning after being uncovered, so that was easy. Ditto with the fruit. Also while waiting I was priming the urns with hot water.

Even at the end of the day, people were complimenting my coffee! :)
    Hi Ed
    I'm sure they appreciated You staying and doing that for them.

I meant to ask what is sb, Starbucks ?

The Braun coffee maker I use is pretty fast and makes 10 cups in less than 5 minutes, The One my brother uses takes much longer. That's what he gets for buying by price :)

Thanks for the Nestie awards post

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    What a day.
    Jack came alone...and we got the crepe myrtle cut back, and also the zebra grass clump which has become huge...like about 4 ft across. I'm considering Round Up. Replacing with a smaller clumping ornamental grass, like Little Blue Stem maybe.
    And Jack brought me an echo dot. Ask Alexa....hmmmm. This should be fun. I can make it play music, which is great, I can also ask Alexa to turn the volume up or down...also nice. Not having much luck with the other in app functions, like NHL Hockey scores, or a meditation one, or a list making one, etc....I'm apparently doing some thing very wrong! So, already frustrated, I checked my fitbit to decide if I needed to hurry off to the gym before they closed....... (insert sobs and tears here) my 5 year old Fitbit IS DEAD!!! The new one will be delivered for free, thank you Amazon, and on sale as well. Since the old one was a gift from DS2 I can't complain. I will miss having 3 days data, but that can't be helped. And, yes I did go to the gym and biked for half an hour :)

And I just checked...no baby giraffe. Right now they are feeding her treats...she LOVES romaine lettuce and carrots!

The rain stopped, at least at my house by lunch time, but it is COLD. Maybe not to Roger cold, but damp windy, and 45 degrees comes as quite a shock to this 'southern flower' !! And if Ed's out in it for more than a few minutes I think he'll agree...yep, cold!

Ok, thats all for now.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Did You check to see if there is a reset type function to resurrect the FitBit? OTOH five years is decent for something that does not sit in one place.

One hint, Do not say anything around the Echo Dot that You would not want heard elsewhere. I am just not that trusting. I have a Amazon Firestick that I am thinking about covering the Microphone input on and using the remote for all navigation on.

You are right, currently I would love 45 degrees for getting out walking. That would mean I could shed a couple of layers when I walk :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! I find I can actually move so it's a good day! I was so stiff and achey when I went to bed last night I was afraid I'd be frozen up this morning.

I've been up since about 7:30 (Lilo INSISTED) but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, catching up on Facebook, and totaling up my receipts for items I bought for the show hospitality. $198.73 for my personal expenses, including purchase of the two coffee urns (at about $30 each including tax) and I'm aware of other expenses for the hospitality that are a LOT more, so I think I did quite well in keeping my costs down. But then I wasn't paying for any of the catering out of my pocket.

Valerie, did you say you went to the show? If you did, I was probably in the back, making coffee. It feels like I was always making coffee, but of course I was also keeping the snacks and food neat and clean, and chilled as required, and ensuring there was fresh ice and plenty of water and soft drinks.

Keeping all that in line for 30 to 40 people is a lot of work!

We managed to keep leftovers down to a reasonable minimum this year, which I thought was well done. In prior years I can recall having quite a bit more leftovers to deal with at the end. I finished off the last bit of barbecue and baked beans for breakfast today, along with one of the remaining yogurt cups. I bought 24 assorted yogurt cups and there were only 3 left at the end. I brought those home, the chips (which may make it back to a meeting, with some dip), the (only 2!) remaining crunchy snack bags, both cookies I think...one chocolate and one golden Oreo, which will also make it back to tonight's meeting, and I brought home the remaining two boiled eggs.

One member/volunteer has 4 elderly neighbors who have difficulty getting out, so she helps them get food, and she took the bulk of the remainder which included some salad, some banana pudding (more than we wanted to be left, but we'll buy less next time), a lot of leftover buns, and a few pieces of remaining Danish pastries.

The coffee urns will be used again tonight for our meeting.

Laundry is started, and I need to get out to Kroger to buy a few things for home. Guess I'm likely to get wet, but not much I can do about that.

36 out there with high of only 41 expected, 70% chance of rain.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    After brining the streets, do they slow cook them for several hours?
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...its going to be a busy Monday.
    Chiro appointment (one month check in and pre vacation tune-up) Then I'll stop by Whole Foods for some tofu, home late lunch, off to the gym. I need to do two weight lifting areas today to get all 4 workouts in before Friday. Thinking arms and back. Will know when I see how I feel when I get there.

No Roger the little fitbit is dead...no warning coughs or moans, just fpbst* dead! :)

Ed, no I wasn't suggesting you throw out coffee...just offered that little tidbit as a time reference. :) I'm sure the folks did really appreciate as well as enjoy your offerings. Bet you sleep in today, if not attacked by the vulture, then down for a good afternoon nap later. You've earned a good rest day.

Roger, take care, glad you've got your fresh stuff in case you are house bound for a day or two. That sounds like (from the news I saw yesterday) a doozie of a storm.

Its 34 degrees here, and very overcast. Looking like the dead of winter kinda day. Fortunately no white stuff to fall, though we will get into the 20's the next two nights. Dopey weather.

Jack and I had a good chat about what devices 'listen' and how to mute them, etc. I probably won't have time to mess with Alexa much today but will make nice with her tomorrow. I really would like to get the list making skill working. That would be very useful. I've already said enough things that...I will however take Jack's suggestion and yours and tape over the mic on my computer...maybe. I can mute Alexa, cover the computer...but how to stop the phone...hmmmm. :) Glad I don't live in Utah. I told Jack that his Grandma used to worry and fret because she learned of the birth records that the Mormons kept, this new storage facility and the ability of the listening devices would have really sent her in a spin!!!

Later...
    and still no little (150 lb at birth, little?) giraffe! Yesterday was the full worm moon, I had high hopes this would work on giraffe's like it does on women.
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Why Cheddar is often orange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9X5Wp-LER0
  • parityanimal
    Irish people try southern sandwiches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sGVcwEK4gs
  • parityanimal
    Ooh! Shiny!

New dishwasher installed today. Eddie is very happy with that.

20170313_160339_zpsweo6zzz3.jpg

• parityanimal
    45%20seconds_zps73ff9iu5.png