Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey! Stopped by to see whats going on....and WOW! new dishwashers are exciting! I speak nicely to mine every time I use it! I bought it on a big sale Thanksgiving 2001 or 2002....so 'we' are old! But still chugging along. Best $200 I ever spent! :)

All well here, Tom's had dinner, and is outside, at least for a little while. I had a pretty nice nap. I was just settling in, and DS2 called...so that lopped half hour off my time. Not that I had any 'start/stop' times in mind. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    The morning after :)
    Sw7MJa.jpg

AFT7ae.jpg

CEJGiO.gif

tV49ns.jpg

DRYdTl.jpg

6c9nLR.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Before I forget 11 cents found, Not today naturally.
    I was not out walking today and hit 0K steps and The temperature was 29 degrees Vs 21 degrees yesterday. It looks like the forecast for plenty of Snow was somewhat in error :( I decided to stay home and sleep in based on Mondays forecasts. This Mornings 7AM forecast shows us in the 8 to 12 inch range for snow vs yesterdays 12 to 18 inch area. I was out on the front porch and could hear what sounds like little ice pellets hitting the glass.

They are saying that the lowered amounts are due to the storm tracking further west than what they originally thought it would do and that puts us on the warmer side of it.

Oh Well....
    Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    After brining the streets, do they slow cook them for several hours?

Hi Ed
    I think they do a sun and snow cure.

Congratulations on the new Dishwasher.

Thank You for the Videos and Picture
    I will be looking at them shortly
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! Stopped by to see whats going on....and WOW! new dishwashers are exciting! I speak nicely to mine every time I use it! I bought it on a big sale Thanksgiving 2001 or 2002....so 'we' are old! But still chugging along. Best $200 I ever spent! :)

All well here, Tom's had dinner, and is outside, at least for a little while. I had a pretty nice nap. I was just settling in, and DS2 called...so that lopped half hour off my time. Not that I had any 'start/stop' times in mind. :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I believe that if You buy Quality You get quality which translates to low maintenance and long life :)

Update, The Plow went buy around 7AM and now 40 minutes later the road is white again and larger snow flakes are falling again.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, have you priced dishwashers lately? Even when I bought it $200 was a 'joke', and I knew it. They advertised a 'loss leader', (which I think is still illegal), but none the less, I went to the 'Thanksgiving Weekend Sale'...it was at a local well respected appliance store here in ATL...so, I looked and couldn't find that dishwasher...and some poor salesman showed up....seems as though they didn't have 'that' particular dishwasher but he did have one that was $50 more, and from there the conversation got 'interesting'. He 'gave' me a much better dishwasher at the price of the advertised one. So, my old dishwasher is far from 'quality', but it works great all these years. Oh, and of course he tried to sell me insurance for the said dishwasher. It was about a quarter of the cost of the original....No way!!!! So that poor guy lost out all around.

And no baby giraffe either......
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited March 2017
    Good Morning!
    I hope Roger, that the newly revised weather forecast is correct, and you don't have as much snow as originally predicted! I mean, 12 inches of snow is plenty, right???? :smiley:

I need to get my act together today. Gym is a must...as is list making...and some action will make the rest of the week go better as well!!!

Ed, my oldest got one of the quiet dishwashers, and when its running a little light shows on the floor just under the door. Happy to say mine is pretty darn quiet, but I can hear it. What? Wait....I'm pretty deaf. I'll bet mine is actually loud!!! LOL!!!
    Yesterday in town, I noticed that the dogwood trees are blooming. Mine are still tight buds, and I'll just about bet that this is the year I will miss seeing them in bloom :( Bummer.
    I think everything else that is a 'spring' bloomer has already done its thing...and its barely mid March. Oh my! I really hate the freeze that's coming the next two nights, so many things will not survive the cold. Oh, and I have tulips in bloom...not unusual, except they rarely bloom! And the ruffly ones I have in the back do not appear to have buds this year...really strange.
    Blackberries that I didn't kill aren't blooming, but they are leafing out. Not sure we can call this one blackberry winter. Maybe Dogwood Winter which we haven't seen in a few years??

Sleep was disrupted several times last night by a yowling cat. So glad its nearly spring...you know who is about to become an outdoor cat once again.

Ok, on with my day

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

I've been up since just before 7:00, but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, quick email check, shower, driving to the dentist and having about half an hour of torture...I mean teeth cleaning.

The new dishwasher has a blue light in the upper right corner of the door, near the handle, that shows it's running but it was so quiet I had to get my ear close to it to believe it. The light turns white when it finishes the cycle.

Eddie is so thrilled to have a working dishwasher again, and put the dish rack under the sink. I have reclaimed some counter space there! Eduardo will be glad to have more space near the sink to do prep work too.

Didn't get any nap in yesterday, what with doing all the laundry, totaling up my receipts for show hospitality, then the dishwasher guy came, then making coffee and preparing a few goodies for the Orchid Society meeting, at which I turned in my receipts and received a check for reimbursement. The check has been deposited, of course.

Today I might be able to get that nap in! Right now my jaw is feeling sore from all the wide mouth time in the dentist chair, but I'm still drinking my tea. Might make some decaf coffee in a bit too.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Well, Valerie, I wasn't going to mention it but I think I can hear your dishwasher here, several suburban towns away...at least something is rumbling! I've been blaming it on trucks.

Roger, I think sun cured roads are much nicer than snow cured roads, but we don't have much of the latter here so I don't get to do a lot of comparison.

Dentist needs to replace one crown and fill a couple of cavities. So, as Arnold said, I'll be back...to the dentist office, but not until April.

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    And...Mexicans try vegan soul food!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZQLoKOOc8
  • GardenKatGardens
    New Fitbit all set up and working! Home from the gym...did legs, arms and cardio...whew!

Ed, so you can hear my dishwasher, then the Washer must shake your house!! LOL!!! Maybe I should take the dryer buzzer from loud to soft, since I can't hear it anyhow!! :)
    We're being silly, and Roger is up to his knees in snow I fear.

Ok, time to think about dinner...it will be a heat and eat, as I have salad made, spinach and onion cooked, and leftover Chicken Fried Tofu... and a mango to eat for dessert!
    Oh, great here comes the needy cat...feeding him 10 minutes ago wasn't enough...now he's whining cuz he wants to sit on my lap and I rock....Guess I"ll eat later..........

Roger, hope all is well for you and your brother. NE is really getting 'walloped'. Sorry.
    Flowers on the peach trees...are about to be frozen..there goes peach crops. Mid 20's tonite with wind...they're saying up to 90% will be gone. Sad.

Later...
    still no baby giraffe....
  • parityanimal
    Roger has dealt with this before, and I believe in him and his ability to get through it!

My nap never materialized today either, as I've been playing with the dishwasher and trying to not think about the achey jaws, which are FINALLY starting to ease up. I think that may be what I hate most about having my teeth cleaned, the fact that my whole lower face feels awful for most of the rest of the day!

Sitting here now, sipping some Tuesday Night Red, and waiting for Eduardo's home made multi-cheese shells and cheese gratin to brown up in the oven so we can have supper.

I MAY try putting this wine glass into the dishwasher tonight. MAY...if it seems to fit well, it might be OK. And it's not one of the really delicate glass ones, but one with somewhat thicker, more durable glass.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's rich, multi-cheese macaroni shells and cheese gratin.

20170314_185823_zpsl623me9c.jpg
  • RogerToo
    MgTKaD.jpg

PlboYX.jpg
    Yuck, Not for me :)

qsKEr7.jpg

LnHpvw.jpg

6DCtjE.jpg

dLyGt0.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 4.1K steps, The temperature was 21 degrees Vs 29. Due to road and sidewalk conditions I did not go as far as I had hoped to go. The street in front of the house is Decent, However as I went further out the streets had icy patches, especially at the Intersection. sidewalks where they had been shoveled were worse and at corners access to them was often blocked by piles of snow from the Plowing.

The lowered snow amounts are due to the storm tracking further west than what they originally thought it would do and that puts us on the warmer side of it. The good and the bad of that is that where I am we ended up with less snow. However it was a heavy snow and a pain to shovel, especially as we went back and forth from rain, sleet, and Snow.
    North NJ had depths of snow up to 19 inches, parts of Southern NJ had minimal snow and parts of NY state had 2+ feet of the white stuff :)

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, have you priced dishwashers lately? Even when I bought it $200 was a 'joke', and I knew it. They advertised a 'loss leader', (which I think is still illegal), but none the less, I went to the 'Thanksgiving Weekend Sale'...it was at a local well respected appliance store here in ATL...so, I looked and couldn't find that dishwasher...and some poor salesman showed up....seems as though they didn't have 'that' particular dishwasher but he did have one that was $50 more, and from there the conversation got 'interesting'. He 'gave' me a much better dishwasher at the price of the advertised one. So, my old dishwasher is far from 'quality', but it works great all these years. Oh, and of course he tried to sell me insurance for the said dishwasher. It was about a quarter of the cost of the original....No way!!!! So that poor guy lost out all around.

And no baby giraffe either......
    Hi Valerie
    If I said I never priced dishwashers ? I am my Dishwasher and do not generate that many dishes especially when eating NS entrees :)
    OTOH my brother makes a fair amount of dishes and does his own too.

I do not know if Loss leaders are illegal, It could depend on where You are located.
    Good Morning!
    I hope Roger, that the newly revised weather forecast is correct, and you don't have as much snow as originally predicted! I mean, 12 inches of snow is plenty, right???? :smiley:

I need to get my act together today. Gym is a must...as is list making...and some action will make the rest of the week go better as well!!!

Ed, my oldest got one of the quiet dishwashers, and when its running a little light shows on the floor just under the door. Happy to say mine is pretty darn quiet, but I can hear it. What? Wait....I'm pretty deaf. I'll bet mine is actually loud!!! LOL!!!
    Yesterday in town, I noticed that the dogwood trees are blooming. Mine are still tight buds, and I'll just about bet that this is the year I will miss seeing them in bloom :( Bummer.
    I think everything else that is a 'spring' bloomer has already done its thing...and its barely mid March. Oh my! I really hate the freeze that's coming the next two nights, so many things will not survive the cold. Oh, and I have tulips in bloom...not unusual, except they rarely bloom! And the ruffly ones I have in the back do not appear to have buds this year...really strange.
    Blackberries that I didn't kill aren't blooming, but they are leafing out. Not sure we can call this one blackberry winter. Maybe Dogwood Winter which we haven't seen in a few years??

Sleep was disrupted several times last night by a yowling cat. So glad its nearly spring...you know who is about to become an outdoor cat once again.

Ok, on with my day

Later...
    Interesting that they make Quiet Dishwashers, I suspect they sell good too and at a premium.

I suspect that with the rain hitting the snow off and on we ended up with 5 +/- inches of super heavy snow that has slush at the bottom. We even had a puddle at the bottom of the driveway for a while.

Yup I think You are right about the frost killing blooms.

Last year we must have had the type of spring that did damage as I did not see any apples on the local apple trees.

Outdoor Cat, I wonder what cat You might be thinking of ?
    I would not be happy with a Yowling cat either FWIW.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger