Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

I've been up since just before 7:00, but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, quick email check, shower, driving to the dentist and having about half an hour of torture...I mean teeth cleaning.

The new dishwasher has a blue light in the upper right corner of the door, near the handle, that shows it's running but it was so quiet I had to get my ear close to it to believe it. The light turns white when it finishes the cycle.

Eddie is so thrilled to have a working dishwasher again, and put the dish rack under the sink. I have reclaimed some counter space there! Eduardo will be glad to have more space near the sink to do prep work too.

Didn't get any nap in yesterday, what with doing all the laundry, totaling up my receipts for show hospitality, then the dishwasher guy came, then making coffee and preparing a few goodies for the Orchid Society meeting, at which I turned in my receipts and received a check for reimbursement. The check has been deposited, of course.

Today I might be able to get that nap in! Right now my jaw is feeling sore from all the wide mouth time in the dentist chair, but I'm still drinking my tea. Might make some decaf coffee in a bit too.
    Hi Ed
    I'm sure You are happy to reclaim counter space, Older kitchens are a little sparse that way compared to modern kitchens. I wish we could do that. Our Dish rack sits in the left hand sink and we wash in the right hand side of it so no reclamation possible :(

Today is clean the Bathroom ahead of the St Patty's day company. The Bath mat is already in the washer and The Rubber gloves laid out for the rest of the cleaning along with a old kitchen dish sponge for scrubbing whatever needs it. I have been procrastinating doing it :( Inertia can be a killer that way.

I got a couple of hours of dozing after the second time outdoors shoveling and ended up tired anyway.
    Well, Valerie, I wasn't going to mention it but I think I can hear your dishwasher here, several suburban towns away...at least something is rumbling! I've been blaming it on trucks.

Roger, I think sun cured roads are much nicer than snow cured roads, but we don't have much of the latter here so I don't get to do a lot of comparison.

Dentist needs to replace one crown and fill a couple of cavities. So, as Arnold said, I'll be back...to the dentist office, but not until April.
    You are lucky not to get too much snow and ice, I have seen pictures and video of the chaos on Atlanta highways when that happens.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    New Fitbit all set up and working! Home from the gym...did legs, arms and cardio...whew!

Ed, so you can hear my dishwasher, then the Washer must shake your house!! LOL!!! Maybe I should take the dryer buzzer from loud to soft, since I can't hear it anyhow!! :)
    We're being silly, and Roger is up to his knees in snow I fear.

Ok, time to think about dinner...it will be a heat and eat, as I have salad made, spinach and onion cooked, and leftover Chicken Fried Tofu... and a mango to eat for dessert!
    Oh, great here comes the needy cat...feeding him 10 minutes ago wasn't enough...now he's whining cuz he wants to sit on my lap and I rock....Guess I"ll eat later..........

Roger, hope all is well for you and your brother. NE is really getting 'walloped'. Sorry.
    Flowers on the peach trees...are about to be frozen..there goes peach crops. Mid 20's tonite with wind...they're saying up to 90% will be gone. Sad.

Later...
    still no baby giraffe....

Hi Valerie
    I wonder what that will do to the Prices for Fresh and canned Peaches?

The New FitBit came already, Just being Nosy, What model ?

Take Care
    Roger
    Roger has dealt with this before, and I believe in him and his ability to get through it!

My nap never materialized today either, as I've been playing with the dishwasher and trying to not think about the achey jaws, which are FINALLY starting to ease up. I think that may be what I hate most about having my teeth cleaned, the fact that my whole lower face feels awful for most of the rest of the day!

Sitting here now, sipping some Tuesday Night Red, and waiting for Eduardo's home made multi-cheese shells and cheese gratin to brown up in the oven so we can have supper.

I MAY try putting this wine glass into the dishwasher tonight. MAY...if it seems to fit well, it might be OK. And it's not one of the really delicate glass ones, but one with somewhat thicker, more durable glass.
    Hi Ed
    I got through it, however with the weather forecast for the rest of the week I do not expect the roads or sidewalks to get better soon.

I feel for You after the cleaning, Been there, Done that :)
    The Mac & Cheese looks so delicious. However what with St Patrick's day coming I think I need to buckle down and not cheat until then. I know I'll most likely overeat Friday.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

28 out there now, but feels like 17! High of 42 today with 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get out to the store and get milk and a few other items. Fortunately we haven't had any threat of snow so there should be plenty of milk there!

Sink is cleared into the dishwasher, Lilo and I have been fed. Maybe I'll actually get a nap today...

Here's a couple of videos of non-vegans trying vegan desserts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am6XfXNPuvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wft7LzCQ0EM

• parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    The Mac & Cheese looks so delicious. However what with St Patrick's day coming I think I need to buckle down and not cheat until then. I know I'll most likely overeat Friday.

Cheers
    Roger

The mac and cheese did turn out delicious. As you can see, there wasn't a whole lot of it on my plate! I could have easily eaten that much again but resisted. There are two similar portions put back in the fridge. Possibly lunch today. J and I each had just one portion last night.

Here are kids trying caviar and kids trying African and Jewish food:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIWH71TiLGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOit5U7ougA
  • parityanimal
    And here are kids trying dragon fruit and kids trying weird sodas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaEqM_7Oiag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCt1l_eZ45Q
  • parityanimal
    Kids try MORE Filipino food:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwDa9pc0d8

The longest laugh on the Dick Van *kitten* show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcLhFYREEI
  • parityanimal
    Some very funny business on the Carol Burnett show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    And don't forget...BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!

They wouldn't have to stab Caesar today. Just lock him outside and he'll freeze to death...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi...
    waiting for it to warm up just a bit...and then I'll stick my nose outdoors. Need to make a quick grocery run, and put gas in the car, then be at the gym by 3:30....

Stay warm you guys.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's home made spicy vegetarian vegetable soup and leftover shells and cheese from last night. Wine of choice: LaVis Storie di Vite Pinot Grigio.

20170315_192635_zpsmjlwrvl5.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    sxphHl.gif

1vHDDs.jpg
    Seen while walking last year, Hope I am not repeating it here :)

VlhmwG.jpg

7y6Nvc.gif

OwfMQc.jpg
    Diet Humor

rqDzaj.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 7.4Ksteps, The temperature was 23 degrees Vs 21. Due to road and sidewalk conditions I did not go as far as I had hoped to go. OTOH I did go further than yesterday. The street in front of the house is Decent, However as I went further the same streets that had icy patches still had them in the same spot. I did manage to find a safe route to go further however.

I had a call yesterday around 1:15PM that the frozen portion of my order had shipped. I did not really expect it yesterday and I do today however. I also pulled most of the basement freezer and used a large Putty knife to scrape the frost that had formed in the freezer and dumped it in the sink to melt. So I am ready for the delivery today. I have the Baskets I use all set to go in the living room and the clipboard so I can check in the order :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Hi...
    waiting for it to warm up just a bit...and then I'll stick my nose outdoors. Need to make a quick grocery run, and put gas in the car, then be at the gym by 3:30....

Stay warm you guys.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I wish I had a nice warm up trend in the weather forecast. It does not get from being well below average temperatures until around more than 7 days out :( This darn snow looks to be hanging around for a while.

Cheers
    Roger
    Tonight's home made spicy vegetarian vegetable soup and leftover shells and cheese from last night. Wine of choice: LaVis Storie di Vite Pinot Grigio.

20170315_192635_zpsmjlwrvl5.jpg

Hi Ed
    I have a Green hat with a hat band saying Happy St. Patrick's Day for tomorrows walking :)

Thank You for those humorous videos.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

26 out there now, but feels like 20. High of 52 sunny degrees expected.

I've been up for a while, but distracted by feeding Lilo, feeding me, clearing the sink, and all the usuals.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    NQCwx0.png
    VxWSNL.png

ii8po7.png

PS6JX3.jpg

u240m4.png

fFeiys.png

attU7b.png
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 8.4Ksteps, The temperature was 30 degrees Vs 23. Yesterday I was at 11.5K steps by days end despite a lower step count while walking. The streets and Sidewalks were decent. While I am walking I have not seen nearly as many joggers or walkers since the Snow fell. I have seen a few people walking their dogs.

There is supposed to be rain or snow or a mix moving into the area tonight into tomorrow :(

Happy St. Patrick's Day, I wore the Green hat with the Happy St. Patrick's Day band on it that my brother gave me a couple of weeks ago while walking.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Hi Valerie

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Been up for a while but distracted by the usual.

Need to clear the sink into the dishwasher, which I just emptied. :) Maybe get to Kroger this morning...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

https://www.facebook.com/stuffnowandhere/videos/597998483738000/