Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    edited March 2017
    Pavé Grillé et Pavé au Poivre sont deux de mes préférés!

But not if they're going to be silly and use Google Translate to translate the names and cook paving stones instead of beef...I think I'd break a tooth!

Needless to say Eduardo knew immediately what both of those dishes really are, but I can just imagine the puzzlement of the poor diner who doesn't know that Pavé, on a menu, refers to the shape of the item, not what it's actually made of...

Now if only more restaurants would put Steak Diane on the menu...which I love too but pretty much have to eat at home, if at all.

One restaurant in Memphis makes a Steak au Poivre that can substitute decently for Steak Diane, but doesn't really have enough shallot or onion in the sauce, and, of course, a bit more pepper than Steak Diane should necessarily have.

Of course the same wish goes for Pavés du Mail, which have a cognac laced mustard cream sauce...hmmm Eduardo is contemplating how well that sort of sauce might go on boneless lamb loin chops...would that be appropriately named Agneau du Mail or Agneau à la Creme de Moutarde? The latter is more correct in meaning, but I don't know why steak with cream mustard sauce is called "pavement of the mall"...in any case, I think this lamb may be in my near future!

But enough dissection and side ramblings on the humor. Have a great day y'all!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    I know it may seem callous to laugh at disaster, but I'd rather laugh than cry...Really newspaper editors should read their headlines more carefully...and crocodiles should learn to bring their own snacks along when they go fishing, so they don't have to eat unhealthy food that is so readily available.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/16/search-is-on-for-10-foot-crocodile-who-ate-man-while-fishing-in-mexico.html?ICID=ref_fark
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Happy St. Pat's Day, from me and all my Irish ancestors!
    Seems strange not to be at the beach today! But will be there tomorrow!
    9:30 leave home time, drive to Tucker to meet up with Marietta...pack her car and GOOOOO!!

Packing to do today, some things already counted and stacked only needing to be put into the suitcase..lots still to take off hangers and fold... and a few food and kitchen items to gather and put in my travel box. (a standard size bankers box.)

Gray out this morning...hope the sun peeps out later. Weather on HHI looks very similar to what it will be in ATL. One day of forecasted rain. (good day for movies or books, or games and multi. cups of hot tea!)

Ditsy cat has not bothered me for 2 nights...I think he's gotten the idea that crying outside my door is useless!

Need to get busy. Want to eat breakfast, and lunch here...then dinner out, and have everything ready to put into the car, so that when I get home from dinner I can load the car and be ready to roll tomorrow.
    Maybe a gym trip in there somewhere....maybe not! :) not stressing over it.

Roger your step count will increase at home today from carrying your NS frozens to the basement! I read your comment about it not warming up, and I wish I could send you some warmer air currents...But, OTOH I remember living in NJ, NH, MA and not even thinking about the cold. It was cold, it was gonna stay cold, and you just dressed for it! I no longer have those really warm articles of clothing....some days I wish I did. Its only after you move south that you freak out over cold...or maybe its cuz I'm older and more bothered by cold??? maybe?perhaps?

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed, yes it may seem callous, but anybody dumb enough to try to take a photo with a 10 ft alligator....well..... The guy in Mexico, that was sad.
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's corned beef and cabbage. I ate a small serving of corned beef. A small serving of potatoes, and a small serving of carrots. And a big old pile of cabbage! No one ever gained weight from eating too much cabbage

20170317_180939_zpsu68u64cc.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

53 out there now and wet. High of 67 predicted with 90% chance of, mostly morning, showers.

Some kind of meeting for J this afternoon. I'll probably tag along as he wanted to go to the Botanic Gardens to look at the bonsai exhibit afterward.

Going to eat some leftover corned beef and sides now for breakfast. I hear the microwave chirping.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member

Yikes ! Not what You want see when You look up.
    ZU9akj.jpg

Zqx8Hn.jpg

Nice Table
    513HEc.jpg

It's a little long running, however :)
    PVpvxw.gif

Willie Nelson ?
    64QhT2.jpg

Talk about a tight fit
    OL4OLL.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 8.14Ksteps, The temperature was 32 degrees Vs 30. The road and sidewalk conditions
    I overindulged in the Corned Beef & Cabbage yesterday, As well as Boiled Potatoes and Gravy, Home Made Beer Bread, Some Irish Soda Bread and Home Made Pies, Sweet Potato Pie and Pecan Pie, with Homemade Whipped Cream. As a result I am up almost 5 pounds of Water Weight today and probably a slight weight gain that I will have to work on :(

The forecast today is for Rain, Snow or a Mix depending on where You are in the Metropolitan area. I did see a few stray snow flakes while walking.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Pavé Grillé et Pavé au Poivre sont deux de mes préférés!

But not if they're going to be silly and use Google Translate to translate the names and cook paving stones instead of beef...I think I'd break a tooth!

Needless to say Eduardo knew immediately what both of those dishes really are, but I can just imagine the puzzlement of the poor diner who doesn't know that Pavé, on a menu, refers to the shape of the item, not what it's actually made of...

Now if only more restaurants would put Steak Diane on the menu...which I love too but pretty much have to eat at home, if at all.

One restaurant in Memphis makes a Steak au Poivre that can substitute decently for Steak Diane, but doesn't really have enough shallot or onion in the sauce, and, of course, a bit more pepper than Steak Diane should necessarily have.

Of course the same wish goes for Pavés du Mail, which have a cognac laced mustard cream sauce...hmmm Eduardo is contemplating how well that sort of sauce might go on boneless lamb loin chops...would that be appropriately named Agneau du Mail or Agneau à la Creme de Moutarde? The latter is more correct in meaning, but I don't know why steak with cream mustard sauce is called "pavement of the mall"...in any case, I think this lamb may be in my near future!

But enough dissection and side ramblings on the humor. Have a great day y'all!
    Hi Ed
    So True, Google translate can do some funny things, sadly.
    I wondered if anybody would notice.
    I know it may seem callous to laugh at disaster, but I'd rather laugh than cry...Really newspaper editors should read their headlines more carefully...and crocodiles should learn to bring their own snacks along when they go fishing, so they don't have to eat unhealthy food that is so readily available.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/16/search-is-on-for-10-foot-crocodile-who-ate-man-while-fishing-in-mexico.html?ICID=ref_fark

I cannot agree more. Sadly I see bad grammar or the wrong spelling of a word in many news broadcasts from NYC, Both from the newsreaders or in the Bottom crawl. Add in the occasion where they contradict each other and I despair for the future.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

53 out there now and wet. High of 67 predicted with 90% chance of, mostly morning, showers.

Some kind of meeting for J this afternoon. I'll probably tag along as he wanted to go to the Botanic Gardens to look at the bonsai exhibit afterward.

Going to eat some leftover corned beef and sides now for breakfast. I hear the microwave chirping.
    Funny that You should mention Your breakfast, My brother fried two slices of leftover Corned Beef, chunks of Boiled Potatoes and a Egg for breakfast :) I'll be eating a NS Breakfast to go along with the Banana and NS shake I had earlier. I spread out my 1st meal of the day :)

Stay Dry and Have an Enjoyable Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy St. Pat's Day, from me and all my Irish ancestors!
    Seems strange not to be at the beach today! But will be there tomorrow!
    9:30 leave home time, drive to Tucker to meet up with Marietta...pack her car and GOOOOO!!

Packing to do today, some things already counted and stacked only needing to be put into the suitcase..lots still to take off hangers and fold... and a few food and kitchen items to gather and put in my travel box. (a standard size bankers box.)

Gray out this morning...hope the sun peeps out later. Weather on HHI looks very similar to what it will be in ATL. One day of forecasted rain. (good day for movies or books, or games and multi. cups of hot tea!)

Ditsy cat has not bothered me for 2 nights...I think he's gotten the idea that crying outside my door is useless!

Need to get busy. Want to eat breakfast, and lunch here...then dinner out, and have everything ready to put into the car, so that when I get home from dinner I can load the car and be ready to roll tomorrow.
    Maybe a gym trip in there somewhere....maybe not! :) not stressing over it.

Roger your step count will increase at home today from carrying your NS frozen to the basement! I read your comment about it not warming up, and I wish I could send you some warmer air currents...But, OTOH I remember living in NJ, NH, MA and not even thinking about the cold. It was cold, it was gonna stay cold, and you just dressed for it! I no longer have those really warm articles of clothing....some days I wish I did. Its only after you move south that you freak out over cold...or maybe its cuz I'm older and more bothered by cold??? maybe?perhaps?

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I hope Your vacation is enjoyable and that You do not spend to much time packing.

I think, Know? That I feel the cold more now. I find that if I eat sweets I feel warmer than if I do not and that most likely explains it. Currently excluding the Pies and breads yesterday I eat few sweets. They were so tasty too. I'm hoping that when a friend comes by this afternoon most of the Pies and a untouched loaf of Irish Soda Bread and 6 commercial made cupcakes that the Neighbor brought with yesterday goes with her.
    Ed, yes it may seem callous, but anybody dumb enough to try to take a photo with a 10 ft alligator....well..... The guy in Mexico, that was sad.
    They ignored the signs saying "protected area" and entered without authorization. Signs are posted for a reason.

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

41 out there right now, with a sunny high of 61 predicted for today.

Already cleared the sink and laundry might be on the agenda.

Leftover corned beef and sides again for breakfast. One more plate of that left in the fridge.

• RogerToo
    I sense a theme happening
    YcaaZr.gif

IUyxRS.gif

tbSSe0.jpg

6llsgi.jpg

KjdszX.gif

suaX6j.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Hi
    I went out walking today and did 8.8K steps Plus 1 Cent, The temperature was 35 degrees Vs 32. The road and sidewalk conditions were good overall. I lost 2.5 pounds of what had to be water weight since yesterday morning.

The forecast yesterday was for Rain, Snow or a Mix depending on where You are in the Metropolitan area. We had a light drizzle yesterday and they had snow in northern NJ. The weather seems to have avoided the area where I am :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

41 out there right now, with a sunny high of 61 predicted for today.

Already cleared the sink and laundry might be on the agenda.

Leftover corned beef and sides again for breakfast. One more plate of that left in the fridge.
    Hi Ed
    Funny that You mentioned leftover Corned Beef I sliced up some of it yesterday and plan to use 2 ounces on rye with a touch of spicy brown Mustard for my mid morning snack. I will freeze much of the rest for use later.
    My Brother fried a couple of slices as part of his breakfast today too.

Our weather will not be as warm as yours, it rarely is :)

There is no way they would get me up there or this one
    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/21/nyregion/at-the-world-trade-center-a-view-from-the-summit-of-lower-manhattan.html
    It is also possible to caution acrophobes in advance about the 14-foot-diameter “sky portal,” which looks as if it is suspended over the streets below, like the Ledge at Willis Tower in Chicago. The portal’s glass floor is actually looking down on two dozen high-definition screens carrying a live feed from cameras mounted at the base of the building’s spire. But the illusion is unnervingly convincing.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    Tonight for dinner I made Agneau à la Creme de Moutarde, avec Chou Vapeur.

Or, if you want to be boring about it, boneless lamb loin steaks with cream of mustard sauce(and cognac! Don’t forget the cognac in the sauce!), with lightly steamed cabbage on the side.

Wine of choice: Inti Cabernet/Carménère.

20170319_182722_zpsp6rwsqnu.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Happy first day of Spring!

Currently 41 out there with a high of 73 predicted, 10% chance of rain.

Laundry may still be on the agenda. Eddie has already emptied the dishwasher from last night, and cleared the sink into the dishwasher. I have fed Lilo and fed myself.

My breakfast was some leftovers from Eduardo's magnificent creation last night. The lamb and cabbage tasted almost as good this morning! I have one plate of that left, which will likely be lunch. I added some blackberries and yogurt to my breakfast as additional protein and carbs/fruit as the lamb and cabbage didn't have much in the way of carbs.

I DEFINITELY need to get out to the grocery today, as J had the last of the eggs for supper last night. Of course he wasn't going to be eating any of the lamb so I made him some scrambled eggs with pepper jack, fake bacon, and tater tots. He was happy enough with that.