Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    67 right now on the island, heading for 70+ later today. Bright sunny day. A bit breezy though.
    Really late start, but we've both eaten now, so should be good to go later.
    I think I'll start a load of laundry...sorry Ed, not doing yours! LOL!!! Wondering if J will come home with an orchid or two?!?!??!

No alligator sightings so far this trip! Usually this time of year I can usually find/see at least one!

Roger the Sweet Potato bread sounds Wonderful, but none for me thanks. Especially after this trip!! No meat, no 'obvious' egg...sugar✓ and salt✓ for sure! Will be time to watch my waist when I get home. (most likely for several weeks...I don't seem to drop weight like you did Roger)

Later...
    STILL no baby giraffe.

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Remember, even if the water isn't deep enough for sharks, it's deep enough for alligators!

You know, I'm beginning to suspect that giraffe is faking it! Maybe she's just really fat!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Saturday morning!
    Packing up, soon to depart. Will catch up with you guys tomorrow.
    The giraffe is preggers...should be popping soon! Probably do that on our 5-6 hour drive home! No alligator sightings this trip. There here, just not very active yet this spring. Lots and lots of turtles...and idiot people feeding them bread. :( Must be very dumb people, as 'don't feed signs are everywhere)
    Jack gets a news paper thing from the island, and he tells me this has been a year for big sharks, never seen in this many numbers. I didn't get my feet wet except in my shower!!!
    Ok
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Not a lot on the agenda today.

Clear the sink into the dishwasher, I've already fed Lilo and fed me breakfast.

I also watered the indoor plants, so I'm ahead of the game for the day, I think!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    I think I'll skip this food ... but watching this might help us all to never eat again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJZYieU6Cgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haw_YDC_zo
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    axXpob.gif

MrlyH7.jpg

ZZJiVL.jpg

VZw9ur.gif
    Hint: Think of the 7 dwarfs names and You will come up with other variations on this

kkzUMZ.jpg

cfGwol.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.7K steps, yesterday I ended the day with 11K steps, The temperature this morning was 50 degrees and is warmer than yesterday. I lightened up on what I wore which meant I was somewhat lighter while walking :) Rain showers are in the forecast for later today. It has been cloudy so far today.

Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    67 right now on the island, heading for 70+ later today. Bright sunny day. A bit breezy though.
    Really late start, but we've both eaten now, so should be good to go later.
    I think I'll start a load of laundry...sorry Ed, not doing yours! LOL!!! Wondering if J will come home with an orchid or two?!?!??!

No alligator sightings so far this trip! Usually this time of year I can usually find/see at least one!

Roger the Sweet Potato bread sounds Wonderful, but none for me thanks. Especially after this trip!! No meat, no 'obvious' egg...sugar✓ and salt✓ for sure! Will be time to watch my waist when I get home. (most likely for several weeks...I don't seem to drop weight like you did Roger)

Later...
    STILL no baby giraffe.
    Hi Valerie
    You seem to be having great weather.

Did You really want to see Alligators on Your vacation?

Most if not all of what I dropped quickly was water weight, Once that is gone and it seems to take several days the weight loss really slows down.

If You have been enjoying the food on Your vacation I can see what You mean :)
    Good Saturday morning!
    Packing up, soon to depart. Will catch up with you guys tomorrow.
    The giraffe is preggers...should be popping soon! Probably do that on our 5-6 hour drive home! No alligator sightings this trip. There here, just not very active yet this spring. Lots and lots of turtles...and idiot people feeding them bread. :( Must be very dumb people, as 'don't feed signs are everywhere)
    Jack gets a news paper thing from the island, and he tells me this has been a year for big sharks, never seen in this many numbers. I didn't get my feet wet except in my shower!!!
    Ok
    Later...
    I see a idiot every day at the one park feeding the Geese despite the signs posted everywhere there not to feed the Ducks or Geese.

Whee, a Bumper crop of sharks :)

Have a Safe Trip
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Remember, even if the water isn't deep enough for sharks, it's deep enough for alligators!

You know, I'm beginning to suspect that giraffe is faking it! Maybe she's just really fat!
    Hi Ed
    Now that would be funny if true. I believe they have listened to heartbeats and likely did one or more ultrasound.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Not a lot on the agenda today.

Clear the sink into the dishwasher, I've already fed Lilo and fed me breakfast.

I also watered the indoor plants, so I'm ahead of the game for the day, I think!
    Nothing wrong with being carefree for the day IMO.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Remember all those chicken legs I bought quite a while back?

Eduardo has been getting creative when possible, and tonight's Chicken Cacciatore was delicious. But in the long run, it's still chicken legs...

• GardenKatGardens
    Hey! I'm home. Devil of a time getting home...construction had traffic sitting still for miles, WAZE alerted us, and the message board anounced we needed to exit the interstate! So we did. Only to run into more construction on the square in one town...but we did get back to Marietta's house, and I wanted to take Ted's fudge from the Island Fudge Shop to him, and get it away from ME! (sometimes I'm not exactly trustworthy with that kind of stuff)...then my DIL texted me as I was going thru Decatur, so I called her, and she wanted me to know there was an accident on I-85 and traffic was backed up...another potential mess...so I quick called Ted and suggested we go out to eat dinner when I got to his house :)...

But what I really wanted you to know was I think I won the change pot...yesterday at StarBucks I went to sit down in an outdoor area, and I saw a bright shiny penny on one of the chair cushions, so being me, I went over to pick it up....only to find more coins on the patio concrete....So Roger, I ended up with 23 cents by walking about 100 ft! LOL!!!

Ok, I'm tired, I've got laundry going, I've fed and rocked Tom E. snacked on some humus, and I'm ready to go to bed..

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. it's scintillating Sunday!

58 out there now, high of 75 expected, with 40% chance of, mostly afternoon, showers.

Need to clear that sink one more time, into the dishwasher, and then maybe run the dishwasher.

J should be coming home from the Asheville show this evening. Not sure what time though. Maybe Eddie should do a quick house cleanup...along with getting the garbage and recycles to the curb, of course.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Yg3BOK.jpg

eoQhzF.jpg

KC7Iqj.jpg

TxcJU2.jpg

KF3jg4.jpg

Hi147z.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.1K steps + 1 Dime. The temperature this morning was 41 degrees and is 9 degrees cooler than yesterday. I added a layer to what I wore. Yesterdays rain showers from the forecast ended up as a drizzle AKA Fizzle.

While I was walking I stopped at the produce store and bough 4 Nice Green Pears, 4 Gala Apples, and 4 Nectarines.

Later today I plan to continue working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of Bulldog Drummond from January 1947.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! I'm home. Devil of a time getting home...construction had traffic sitting still for miles, WAZE alerted us, and the message board anounced we needed to exit the interstate! So we did. Only to run into more construction on the square in one town...but we did get back to Marietta's house, and I wanted to take Ted's fudge from the Island Fudge Shop to him, and get it away from ME! (sometimes I'm not exactly trustworthy with that kind of stuff)...then my DIL texted me as I was going thru Decatur, so I called her, and she wanted me to know there was an accident on I-85 and traffic was backed up...another potential mess...so I quick called Ted and suggested we go out to eat dinner when I got to his house :)...

But what I really wanted you to know was I think I won the change pot...yesterday at StarBucks I went to sit down in an outdoor area, and I saw a bright shiny penny on one of the chair cushions, so being me, I went over to pick it up....only to find more coins on the patio concrete....So Roger, I ended up with 23 cents by walking about 100 ft! LOL!!!

Ok, I'm tired, I've got laundry going, I've fed and rocked Tom E. snacked on some humus, and I'm ready to go to bed..

Later...

Hi Valerie
    You had some tough commute back home. I know exactly what You mean, Things I should not eat call my name with a siren song as I get near the room they are in.

I find a lot of the loose change the exact same way.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Remember all those chicken legs I bought quite a while back?

Eduardo has been getting creative when possible, and tonight's Chicken Cacciatore was delicious. But in the long run, it's still chicken legs...
    Hi Ed
    It may only be Chicken Legs, However on the Positive side it was delicious :)
    Howdy y'all. it's scintillating Sunday!

58 out there now, high of 75 expected, with 40% chance of, mostly afternoon, showers.

Need to clear that sink one more time, into the dishwasher, and then maybe run the dishwasher.

J should be coming home from the Asheville show this evening. Not sure what time though. Maybe Eddie should do a quick house cleanup...along with getting the garbage and recycles to the curb, of course.
    For us up north in NJ our forecast high is in the 40s and I do not expect to see any Sunshine today.

Enjoy the Show
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday Morning.
    Well, I have one angry cat!! He swats and bites my shoes and sits right outside the back door. I foolishly left him and his food dish. water dish, etc outdoors last night....dratted raccoons have not forgotten my address for handouts. Grrrrrr.

Laundry in the dryer...lots to do. I did all the unpacking last night, except for my suitcase. So, that will be the chore today.

Rained last night at my house...have no idea how much, but everything is wet and leaves dripping etc this morning.

I need right now to focus on this other half of my cup of fully caffeinated coffee! Not wanting to actually wake this morning. Brain fog? Not surprised after a week at the beach, where I ate some mighty good food, (no meat etc), but flat breads, and rolls, etc I did not even eat my traditional meal of shrimp and scallops. Way too much salt in/on everything. No wonder people are sick from the food we eat! Good heavens........ oh, and oil. Yikes.

Later...