Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7,202 steps + 1 Cent and The temperature was 43 degrees vs 21 degrees yesterday and was OK for walking as the Rain in the forecast was only a drizzle for a short while .

In the weird news., To Me :) department, from Here:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/house-was-3d-printed-under-24-hours-cost-just-10000
    This House Was 3D-Printed In Under 24 Hours At A Cost Of Just $10,000
    While 3D-printing may have been faded away in recent years from the spotlight of core "disruptive" technologies, that may soon change again after a company managed to 3D-print an entire house in just 24 hours. Located in Russia, the following 400-square-foot home, or 37 square meters, was built in just a day, at a cost of slightly over $10,000.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xktwDfasPGQ&feature=youtu.be
    More Information in the page at the link :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

56 out there now and supposed to get to 70, with 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to get out to get bottled water I think, but not much else on the agenda today. Leftover Chinese for breakfast. Probably for lunch too!
    Hi Ed
    MY Brother eats Chinese cold like that too when it is left over, Pizza too, Of course.
    Lilo would definitely do that kind of bird watching, but I suspect she'd burn herself trying to get that bird out of there prematurely! If she smells chicken cooking she dances around the kitchen making all sorts of noises to let me know that she's ready to have hers NIAOW!

I usually take a small paper plate and put a few chicken scraps on it for her. It makes her happy.
    Glad You enjoyed them

I'll be watching this one first in a few minutes. Professional chefs try microwaved dinners.
    It should be funny :)
    Well, I popped a crown flossing after lunch, which included 4 Oreos, so I guess I will be celebrating both holidays!
    Sorry to hear that You had bad luck like that. No Warning at all?

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    edited March 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

59 out there now, high of 67 predicted with 80% chance of after lunch precipitation, at least according to the Weather Channel page. My phone's weather thingie seems to isolate the rain a bit more, timewise.

Dinner last night was at J's Mini Hot Pot in Duluth (I think it was in Duluth) where we each got our own individual pot of broth and an enormous amount of food, mostly vegetables, to cook in it.

J had vegetable broth and the "mixed vegetables" tray, which included lots of green things, some tofu, tofu skin, small piece of corn on the cob, some parboiled taro, a slice of potato, some mushrooms, a piece of carrot, a piece of daikon, and I don't know what all else. He requested his broth spicy hot (75 cents extra) and added on an egg, since he's not vegan though that dinner choice was.

I had beef bone broth, some thinly sliced beef, some thinly sliced lamb, an egg, most of the same veggies as J, though his had some watercress and mine did not, and a chunk of hot dog (which I thought rather strange) to make my own non vegetarian dinner.

A had some seafood and beef combination.

Each tray had your choice of several kinds of noodle to cook in the broth as well.

Off to one side in the restaurant, there is a large selection of sauces that you can mix or take as is, and plenty of small bowls to put the sauce in, and the bowls can also be used to make your own little bowl of soup if you like. A chose to do that with her egg and some hot broth, at the end of the meal. I boiled my egg, and J poached his.

At the end they offered, free of charge, a very small bowl of shaved ice with several choices of topping. I had red bean topping while A and J both had lychee topping.

It was very good, and ALL of us left some green stuff behind on the large tray, as there was simply too much green stuff to cook and eat all of it.

Today a trip to the puppet museum or something is in the plans.

Need to get the sink cleared.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Today is chest day at noon at the gym. Then I think maybe a trip to Home Depot to get the rest of the door handles. Need 3 for my bedroom, and 2 'dummy' ones for the laundry closet. Oh and a new toilet doohickey that fills and then stops the water in the tank. It has stuck a time or two. Want to fix it before I leave for vacation.

No exciting news here. Going to be another great day weather wise. Threats of rain tomorrow, which is fine. We need it. Although we have had some rain, its not been enough our drought is slowly worsening, and our lake (water source for Metro Atlanta, is 10 feet below full pool. This is no way to start the summer.

I have one more meal of leftovers and then I will need to cook something. I am thinking I want a red lentil soup. If I make it today, it will be even better tomorrow and nice to have on a rainy afternoon! Will even buy a nice crusty bread roll to go with it.

Later...
    Oh, no baby giraffe yet.

Hi Valerie
    Is it the Toilet Fill Valve sticking until the water starts going down the overflow pipe or is it the Handle sticking, I have had both problems in the past.
    If You do not get it fixed You could always turn off the water that the wall just in case.

Did You ever mention when You are leaving on Vacation?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Well, I popped a crown flossing after lunch, which included 4 Oreos, so I guess I will be celebrating both holidays!
    Sorry to hear that You had bad luck like that. No Warning at all?

Cheers
    Roger

The floss was really hard to get down between, at the back of the tooth, but I got it down anyway. When I pulled it up, there was a "POP" and the crown was laying on my tongue. I was a bit nonplussed, to say the least.

But I was at the dentist's office half an hour later, in the process of getting it fixed up. 45 minutes after I got to the office it was all fixed up and we cold go out and about on our previously planned afternoon outing.

My breakfast Chinese was actually warmed up in the microwave. I like Chinese but don't know if I'd like it cold.

For today's funnies...

Americans try Korean McDonalds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0NmJpKnUuE

And

Americans try Japanese Oreos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqwGNZElAA

• parityanimal
    Food review and Bucket List Check Off:

Krispy Kreme NUTELLA DONUT!

I tried the Nutella filled donut, which is actually filled with a mixture of Nutella and something else, topped with chocolate frosting, chocolate drizzle, and nuts.
    zOMG! This is possibly the most evil donut in the world.

They also have a Nutella donut that is just a regular donut shape, with similar frosting, so I guess that the Nutella is in the frosting and/or drizzle as well, but I figured the filled donut would give me the WHOLE experience at once.

5 out of 5
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    Food review:

NAN - Fine Thai Dining in Midtown Atlanta

My party found the appetizers to be tasty. Especially nice was the chicken satay, which showed up with 6 nice pieces, when most restaurants only give 4, though they may have been trying to be nice since there were three of us at the table. Not sure. In any case, if 6 is the norm, and they were pretty large, then that justified the $9 price for it.

The meal, on the other hand, while good, wasn't anything to write home about. It was good. But I can't really say it was excellent and honestly felt it was a bit overpriced. My Siam chicken was good, and there was a decent amount of it. Nice presentation on the chicken, served on a boat made from a scooped out wedge of pineapple, it made a very attractive dish, with the yellow and white pineapple fried rice next to it. A little skimpy on the green beans, but I know most Americans want more meat and not so many vegetables. The pineapple fried rice was rather bland and not a whole lot better than plain steamed rice. There were flecks of yellow in it, and what appeared to be yellow currants as well, but no taste of pineapple and really not much taste of anything except, perhaps, a hint of possibly saffron. Definitely a bit of a disappointment there.

If you're wanting a fine dining evening, and can afford to pay for it, this might be a great place to take someone you want to impress. For a casual lunch, not so much the place to go.

I gave it 3 out of 5
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
  • RogerToo
    KI6i37.jpg

D00cfx.jpg

5rvqGL.jpg

vuRegl.jpg

otXFBG.jpg

Z957Rx.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.1K steps so far and The temperature was 51 degrees vs 21 degrees yesterday and there was a wind. I had dressed for the temperature and with the wind it was a little chilly. I will be going back out to Costco later on for Vegetables,Kleenex and Vitamins. Then on to the ShopRite for few things, 7 or 8 including Bananas and whatever fruit looks good at a decent price so I expect to get my steps in.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 48 out there now and supposed to get to 70 sunny degrees today.

I need to get out to get cat food.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    The floss was really hard to get down between, at the back of the tooth, but I got it down anyway. When I pulled it up, there was a "POP" and the crown was laying on my tongue. I was a bit nonplussed, to say the least.

But I was at the dentist's office half an hour later, in the process of getting it fixed up. 45 minutes after I got to the office it was all fixed up and we cold go out and about on our previously planned afternoon outing.

My breakfast Chinese was actually warmed up in the microwave. I like Chinese but don't know if I'd like it cold.

For today's funnies...

Americans try Korean McDonalds
    snipped
    And
    Americans try Japanese Oreos!
    snipped
    Hi Ed
    I guess it could have been worse if You exclude the lost time and money. On the good side it sounds like a easy fix.
    You could always take a sample before heating. I have a feeling it will be a very different taste experience :)
    Food review and Bucket List Check Off:
    Krispy Kreme NUTELLA DONUT!

I tried the Nutella filled donut, which is actually filled with a mixture of Nutella and something else, topped with chocolate frosting, chocolate drizzle, and nuts.
    zOMG! This is possibly the most evil donut in the world.

They also have a Nutella donut that is just a regular donut shape, with similar frosting, so I guess that the Nutella is in the frosting and/or drizzle as well, but I figured the filled donut would give me the WHOLE experience at once.

5 out of 5
    Interesting idea. I do not recall what Nutella tastes like as it has been that long since I tried it. Nothing wrong with traditional Donuts IMO however.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    I'm an alien...this explains a lot!

"Some common characteristics of people with this blood type include having a higher IQ, having a lower body temperature, having more awareness (physically and emotionally), having red hair, being sensitive to heat, and having blue, green or hazel colored eyes."

That description fits me perfectly. Well, never officially had the IQ tested that I recall, but people always told me in school that I was really smart.

And I am proof that aliens like bacon.

http://healthanddiytips.com/rhesus-rh-negative-blood-alien/
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed!!! Didn't know you were O neg. Very interesting. :)

Half done with my day. So far 5,000 steps. So, a quick run thru Publix, and then a stop at the gym, and home before 5.

I'm about to become busy...back later to tell you about the really good soup/stew I made yesterday. and to answer a question that Roger asked....and I don't remember the question, so there will be a bit of reading required first!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Oh, I'm not O negative. I'm A negative. The article says that all the negatives are aliens!

My mother is an alien (also A negative) and my father was not an alien.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi back after a 'long day'
    I have ended up with my goal steps, and a couple hundred extra for good measure.

Roger, I found the question... My vacation this year misses St. Pats day...I leave for the beach 3-18. One of the few, occasional years I'm not on the beach for the wearin' o' the green!

Now, about this soup/stew. It was a 'throw together' so I can only give you ideas about the ingredients....
    It started with a couple stalks of celery diced, a big handful of baby carrots chopped, and half a large onion...sautéed with broth....then a cup of red lentils, a carton of veg. broth, and a cup of frozen corn in my big pan...oh, also one seeded tomato. Cooked for about 20 minutes and had to add more liquid (water this time, probably 2 ½ cups maybe 3....threw in some back pepper, turmeric, and curry spice from a jar. It all cooked together, and I served over some long grain rice...white, I'm using up...brown would have been better. :) I had some last night for dinner, and again for lunch, and looking forward to another lunch with maybe a side of broccoli? Or maybe I'll just steam the broc. and stir it into my bowl with the rice and lentil stew. :) Then I'm going to freeze a bunch, This made a LOT!

Having some sliced strawberries and then on my way to my room so I can have a few minutes peace while I play Scrabble word, a Suduko puzzle, and Word Scramble before I sleep! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 41 out there right now, with high of 74 expected and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get the sink cleared, and need to get stuff together to take to the Botanic Gardens for show setup today. The vendors will all be coming in to set up their booths and any groups or individuals doing displays will be setting that up to. I have most of the soft drinks, and most of the snacks, though someone else is bringing sandwiches for later. I may add hummus this evening.

Tomorrow the Judges' breakfast is at 8:00 and the judges' lunch at noon so I've got to be there really early and make sure there is yogurt, pastries, juice, fruit, etc. I also need to bring in the coffee urns. Someone else is bringing boiled eggs and maybe a bit of other food.

Later, gators!

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.9K steps and The temperature was 51 degrees vs 51 degrees yesterday and there was a wind. I did dress for the temperature and the wind chill. I ended up with nearly 12K steps yesterday by the end of the day

A stray thought, Am I the only one that picks up discarded garbage and throws it into the garbage cans at the curb I pass on Garbage day or Discarded Recyclable litter and throws it into the recycle bins at the curb on recycle day while walking ?

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I'm an alien...this explains a lot!

"Some common characteristics of people with this blood type include having a higher IQ, having a lower body temperature, having more awareness (physically and emotionally), having red hair, being sensitive to heat, and having blue, green or hazel colored eyes."

That description fits me perfectly. Well, never officially had the IQ tested that I recall, but people always told me in school that I was really smart.

And I am proof that aliens like bacon.

http://healthanddiytips.com/rhesus-rh-negative-blood-alien/

Hi Ed
    Somewhere I have blood test results and I would have to look to see my blood type, for some reason I never seem to remember what it is :(

Today is the last day to change my NS order and that has to be by 6PM at that. I would love to delay it further however I have delayed it all I can as is.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Hi back after a 'long day'
    I have ended up with my goal steps, and a couple hundred extra for good measure.

Roger, I found the question... My vacation this year misses St. Pats day...I leave for the beach 3-18. One of the few, occasional years I'm not on the beach for the wearin' o' the green!

Now, about this soup/stew. It was a 'throw together' so I can only give you ideas about the ingredients....
    It started with a couple stalks of celery diced, a big handful of baby carrots chopped, and half a large onion...sautéed with broth....then a cup of red lentils, a carton of veg. broth, and a cup of frozen corn in my big pan...oh, also one seeded tomato. Cooked for about 20 minutes and had to add more liquid (water this time, probably 2 ½ cups maybe 3....threw in some back pepper, turmeric, and curry spice from a jar. It all cooked together, and I served over some long grain rice...white, I'm using up...brown would have been better. :) I had some last night for dinner, and again for lunch, and looking forward to another lunch with maybe a side of broccoli? Or maybe I'll just steam the broc. and stir it into my bowl with the rice and lentil stew. :) Then I'm going to freeze a bunch, This made a LOT!

Having some sliced strawberries and then on my way to my room so I can have a few minutes peace while I play Scrabble word, a Suduko puzzle, and Word Scramble before I sleep! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    That reminds me I need to remember to wear the green hat my brother gave me next Friday while walking. Hopefully it will not be windy.

Thank You for that answer :)

Congratulations on hitting Your goal steps
    Roger