Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,219 Member
    Howdy y'all. Been up since 7:00 but slightly distracted.

Quite a bit of rumbling last night but not much rain I think.

Currently 41 out there (FEELS like 34!) with a sunny high expected of 58.

Lilo and I have been fed. Very small amount of sink clearing to be done. And Eddie needs to get the floors cleaned, and make sure everything is ready for Friday's visitor.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    zYJkgr.jpg

xAeAY0.jpg

fW6Slv.jpg

Ev7P5m.jpg

jidzj2.jpg

QNXT4L.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi...eating my lunch...wind is blowing like crazy...cat has free access to the outdoors, as its 78 degrees according to the Weather Channel..perfect weather for bad storms, and Tom E. chooses to stay indoors, and yowl like he is upset. Please cat...really???

Got my groceries purchased, my package from the mailman, and I have some non perishables to stow away, but I got it all in the house rain free.

Ed, I'd call that a good day at the Doc's, if the worst is only a couple extra pounds that found you over the winter!!! All the talk about the watermelon...I bought some in a to-go container at Publix, and am about to eat it! :) Oh, and I don't have moles, the Wack-a-mole discussion was an alternative to my saying something about a Chinese Fire Drill. The red clay in my yard is so hard, it would need a mole with a stainless steel nose to tunnel thru it. Tom and the others have brought me voles in past years. And that would make sense, as voles build tunnels in the turf above ground, and they are vegetarians. Moles eat meat...like grubs and earth worms. (Fun stuff you learn in Master Gardener School)

Roger did you ever think you'd see the day that on March 1st a hoodie would be to warm? But, better than having cold hands and feet and snow and ice, right?

Couple things I need to do before DS1 calls. Dryer needs to fluff and then the clothes can be folded. They very kindly dried themselves while I was at the grocery.

Later...
    Oh, still no baby giraffe :)
    Hi Valerie
    I really did not expect that temperature :) However as it will help with the heating bill....

I was Wondering about the Giraffe.

Thank You for saving me from asking
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Join the Club. I was at the doctors this week and was 3 pounds up from 3 months ago... I suspected that would be the case as I had eaten some junk food over the weekend. No to work on getting that off :)

Have a Nice Day
    Thanks for the Videos too.
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning Sunny but chilly and windy out there! (Probably 'normal' temp if the truth be known!)
    Lazy sleepy morning. And an 'Arm' session this afternoon with the 'coach'. Later, assuming she doesn't break off one or both of my arms, I will drive over to see 'O' doing her gymnastics. (This is up for debate...she sprained her ankle Saturday and occasionally/intermittently complains that it hurts) So, If she doesn't go, they are to call me!

Found some really nice asparagus at Kroger yesterday...so I suspect that will be a big player in my diet today.
    Also yesterday I rec'd my Onion and the Potato 'storage bags'. Interesting. Time will tell if they actually work. Outside is canvas, lined with a black cloth that is very 'breathable'...they have a drawstring top and a bottom side zipper to remove the items. Supposed to increase storage time by keeping them from sprouting. Makes sense to me. So...loaded both bags yesterday. I had 2 bags of the small yellow potatoes and an 8 pound bag of russets. Got all but 4 or 5 of the Russets in that bag after putting both bags of the small yellow's in. The 3 lb bag of yellow onions easily fit into its bag. This time of year I seem to always 'lose' an onion or two because they have sprouted....and potatoes try to sprout as well. (in a way that is a good thing...as I know they haven't been chemically sprayed to keep them from sprouting)

Hope Eddie gets his chores done so Eduardo can cook, and Ed can relax before the company comes! :)

April the giraffe is still quite pregnant. No little feet to patter around in the pen. I saw an article on the web page yesterday saying they'd apparently miscalculated, and that she was Not in Labor. Sooo, the wait goes on.

Ok, coffee is getting cold, and I really should join Eduardo in the kitchen, as I think I recall seeing the casserole that held the Shipwreck Casserole in the sink. Also the floor could use some attention.
    In my defense of lateness, I have attended to the kitty boxes, and changed out the kitchen towels, and a few other little tasks...but, enough with the excuses...its a slow lazy morning!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    About half the floors swept. Eddie is getting too old for this. Lunch break and apparently Lilo is upset that the broom is getting more attention than her...she is insisting on a snuggle and petting break too.

• parityanimal
    All the manual (broom) sweeping done. Little bit of vacuuming and some mopping yet to be done, and a final clean of the bathrooms, though they got done a few days ago.

The rest may wait until tomorrow...

Meanwhile, let's try some Armenian food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR3yZ9mI1YA
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Eddie decided to go ahead and finish the housecleaning early this evening. There really wasn't all THAT much left. Good to have it done for now.

A is leaving Pittsburgh tomorrow morning at 10:00 but not sure exactly what time her flight arrives.
  • parityanimal
    We haven't heard from Lee Ann in weeks. Hope all is well!
  • parityanimal
    People try weird American food that shouldn't exist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK0F_LK1Mo
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Currently 32 degrees out there. High of 56 sunny degrees predicted today. Low tonight of 30.

Lilo insisted it was time to get up at 6:45 this morning. Well, that's when I got up.

Here's some animal giggles to get the day started.

http://shareably.net/hilarious-animal-fails-v1?utm_content=inf_4_3000_2&utm_source=TSE&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=TSE&tse_id=INF_9bace940ff9111e6a22fa5876bd4fd44
  • RogerToo
    HLFDo0.jpg

zmg2wl.jpg

HzGYCV.jpg

S6RX7z.jpg

jbCZCv.jpg

RV2hyE.jpg

y2npZY.jpg