Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited March 2017
    xyRh7l.jpg

46VZyz.jpg

Sxf8k2.gif
    I know I'm not the only one that has happened too :)

XwhrrN.jpg

XrLhWg.jpg

CyVHWj.jpg
    You Shouldn't Have

gbFwtJ.gif
    Me too :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7k steps so far and The temperature was 15 degrees vs 21 degrees yesterday and was a bit nippy for walking despite wearing the new Thermal Tops and Bottoms. The Bottoms were delivered yesterday, I ordered Yesterday morning and paid the $5.99 for same day delivery due to the weather forecast. FWIW My front porch showed 12 degrees vs the 15 degrees on the Cable News Channel at 6AM and they also reported a wind chill of 0 degrees in a nearby town. I was comfortable between the Thermals, Heated Mittens, two layers of sweatshirts and a Hoodie :)

The Sun is shining and I did hear a woodpecker pecking away and some birds singing despite the cold as I was walking.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Saturday and no hockey! Slept 8 a.m. finally rolled out of my comfortable little spot, and began the day.
    Tom's fed, me too! Not much else accomplished this morning because I watched a PBS program for1.5 hours! Whoa! For somebody who doesn't watch TV that was an accomplishment!

Now time to hit the floor running. Need to empty dishwasher so I can clear the sink, fluff and fold the clothes in the dryer so I can dry the load of clothes I need to wash...you get the picture??? Yeah, gonna be one of 'those' days.
    Hi Valerie
    I just had a mental Picture of You leaping out of the chair and sprinting to the Kitchen :)
    Interesting article about Costco Roger. I don't own any of their stocks, but I do keep my annual goldstar membership. $5 extra dollars is not a deal breaker. (its about $0.42 more a month...or Rogers found coins monthly!).... I knew about Costco's size, etc, but what I REALLY like about Costco, its a great place to work, great benefits, and they pay a decent salary to their workers, unlike WalMart. So you and I are not supporting the Costco workers with Food Stamps like we are supporting the WalMart folks who don't make a living wage. Also better quality of 'stuff' from food to clothes, to whatever....

Sorry Ed, missing you at Costco. I sure hope you got there as the big garage door opened...cuz Costco is a 'zoo' on the weekends. Ted and I used to go on Sunday mornings, and were in the parking lot when the door went up! Easy to navigate, no crowds, and easy check outs. (and this was before the do it yourself checkout areas). We had quite a routine. He'd drive up from ATL, we'd hit 'Harry's', which was the Whole Foods forerunner in this area, first, again no crowds..and then be around the corner at Costco when they opened. Drop Mom off, and he'd head back to Midtown! It was such a ritual, that to this day, there are half a dozen old Harry's workers who remember us, and are working at Whole Foods. One little Indian lady always asks 'How's Mister? and tell him Hi for us'...same from the lady in the bakery area where they have those devilish pizza's! And several guys as well.

Ok, time to quit talking about it, and actually 'move'...
    Later...
    PS, still no baby giraffe :)

I have heard that CostCo is a good place to work in the past. I have a Business account from back in the 80s when they opened their first nearby location. I agree that there clothes and other items are good quality.
    If I plan to go to CostCo I try and be there before the doors open too. I like being able to park close in and zoom through the store. I need to go in the upcoming week for more Vegetables. I am nearing the end of my last bag of them :)

Your CostCo has a self checkout section? That is something I am not a fan of FWIW.

Devilish Pizzas ?

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

35 out there right now, but supposed to reach a mostly cloudy (but no rain) high of 67 this afternoon.

Clam chowder for breakfast, along with my morning vitamins, Metformin, and two ibuprofen tablets.

When A arrived Friday night, J was still working late, so A and I went to L'Thai for dinner. They have two locations, and they offer LOTS of vegan options. If one wants to be vegan, of course, one then has to make sure that no eggs (for example) are included in their order of fried rice or pad see ew, but a lot of the sauces are vegan by default.

They pride themselves on offering organic food and as much as possible is sustainable.

Information on the three locations can be seen at www.lethai.com

And now, for futuristic farming, watch this cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yslNVfRvTJY
    Hi Ed
    It is supposed to stay cold overnight for where I am. Arctic Chill does not leave until sometime Monday later in the day at that.

I Have eaten The Pad Thai, Pad See Ew, Tasty too, and Fried Rice which has a different taste than the Chinese Fried Rice IMO.

Thanks for the Link and Videos
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Sunday Morning!
    I have been here for quite awhile...'here' meaning online! Had flagged several video's or posts that I wanted to peruse....that took awhile. Then I started reading here, after checking my lottery ticket, and watching the zoo tech clean the giraffe's cage to bare concrete floor, and then put down new bedding. It was hilarious. The tech would come in with either shovel or big broom, leaving the door open, and the giraffe would shut the door. So the poor girl would get to the open door with a big shovel of old bedding, and the doorway out was closed! Eventually she was able to get it cleaned. If giraffe's had vocal chords that giraffe would be slapping her very pregnant sides and laughing herself silly! So, as you gathered, no baby giraffe yet.

Then as I said, I came to this site, and was distracted again...this time by Ed's post about L'Thai. Cuz its sorta close by...(the one in Tucker, Ed)...after awhile I realized I've been there before...unfortunately it was not a great experience. We had an 'old' waiter, who got everything confused. I don't think I ever got what I'd ordered...finally just ate what was in front of me, and gave up. Went with Marietta, a fave place for her and Doug to go for dinner...they loved it...etc. She was appalled by the service. We've not gone back. I think I may sneak down there one day and give it a second chance? maybe?

Also fit breakfast into this morning, and a little bit of Tom E. time...he's outside now.

My list is short....maybe a load of laundry, maybe mop the foyer and/or the kitchen,will hull some strawberries, and go to the gym!

It has warmed to 63, high predicted of 67...so pretty much what it is.....is what it will be!

Roger
    Yep. my CostCo has 6 self check out stations...and they are easy to use, as I in general HATE those do it yourself stations. And devilish Pizza....have you looked at those slices of pizza they sell? Dripping cheese and oil!!! Very devilish!! (I ate one once, long ago, but I recall it being very tasty!) Your Costco have prepared foods? I remember seeing the pizza, hot dogs, big bread pretzels, and I want to say popped corn.

Ok, time to move around a bit. A bit sore. Had an Aleve yesterday evening. Quads AND Hamstrings were both ouchie! real ouchie! Today somewhat better.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Monday Morning!
    Me and a cup of decaf trying to wake up!
    Load of laundry in the dryer already. Kitty fed, box cleaned, and he's out doing whatever.
    Gym shortly...working of back muscles this morning and cardio
    Breakfast soon.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    9EY8i0.jpg

u0YOsm.jpg

Bn1Cgg.jpg

wTTHJB.png

rTzXB1.jpg

wmdfHQ.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 8,480 steps so far and The temperature was 21 degrees vs 15 degrees yesterday and was OK for walking as there was no wind.

I have been cleaning out the basement Freezer. I did not realize that some things had slipped to the bottom of it. I pulled a NS Banana Nut Muffin and a NS Blueberry Muffin both from my 7th delivery. I know that since I had marked the delivery number on them. Both of them had Enjoy By Dates of December 2014 :)
    Despite that having been frozen they were tasty when I warmed them. I warm up all the NS Baked Goods.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning!
    I have been here for quite awhile...'here' meaning online! Had flagged several video's or posts that I wanted to peruse....that took awhile. Then I started reading here, after checking my lottery ticket, and watching the zoo tech clean the giraffe's cage to bare concrete floor, and then put down new bedding. It was hilarious. The tech would come in with either shovel or big broom, leaving the door open, and the giraffe would shut the door. So the poor girl would get to the open door with a big shovel of old bedding, and the doorway out was closed! Eventually she was able to get it cleaned. If giraffe's had vocal chords that giraffe would be slapping her very pregnant sides and laughing herself silly! So, as you gathered, no baby giraffe yet.

Then as I said, I came to this site, and was distracted again...this time by Ed's post about L'Thai. Cuz its sorta close by...(the one in Tucker, Ed)...after awhile I realized I've been there before...unfortunately it was not a great experience. We had an 'old' waiter, who got everything confused. I don't think I ever got what I'd ordered...finally just ate what was in front of me, and gave up. Went with Marietta, a fave place for her and Doug to go for dinner...they loved it...etc. She was appalled by the service. We've not gone back. I think I may sneak down there one day and give it a second chance? maybe?

Also fit breakfast into this morning, and a little bit of Tom E. time...he's outside now.

My list is short....maybe a load of laundry, maybe mop the foyer and/or the kitchen,will hull some strawberries, and go to the gym!

It has warmed to 63, high predicted of 67...so pretty much what it is.....is what it will be!

Roger
    Yep. my CostCo has 6 self check out stations...and they are easy to use, as I in general HATE those do it yourself stations. And devilish Pizza....have you looked at those slices of pizza they sell? Dripping cheese and oil!!! Very devilish!! (I ate one once, long ago, but I recall it being very tasty!) Your Costco have prepared foods? I remember seeing the pizza, hot dogs, big bread pretzels, and I want to say popped corn.

Ok, time to move around a bit. A bit sore. Had an Aleve yesterday evening. Quads AND Hamstrings were both ouchie! real ouchie! Today somewhat better.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I did have a burst of energy yesterday and vacuumed the Living Room and possibly this will be strange? Also the Kitchen :)

If I said I have never been in a Whole Foods...
    I thought I saw a sign indication one coming nearer than the others.

They have a Hot food bar and seating once You get past the checkout. Prices are pretty good too. And in the back by the meats section You can buy Whole Cooked Chickens or Racks of Ribs. I had the CostCo slices of Pizza in the past. It was OK, not super delicious but easily edible and inexpensive.

Today is Oreo Cookie Day, 100 Years ago the first Oreo Cookie was sold to a grocer in NJ, I heard that on the cable News Channel, Also i is National Dentist Day :)
    Good Monday Morning!
    Me and a cup of decaf trying to wake up!
    Load of laundry in the dryer already. Kitty fed, box cleaned, and he's out doing whatever.
    Gym shortly...working of back muscles this morning and cardio
    Breakfast soon.

Later...

I hope Your feeling less pain today.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,218 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

56 out there now and supposed to get to 70, with 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to get out to get bottled water I think, but not much else on the agenda today. Leftover Chinese for breakfast. Probably for lunch too!

Here's Kermit explaining about being green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    Lilo would definitely do that kind of bird watching, but I suspect she'd burn herself trying to get that bird out of there prematurely! If she smells chicken cooking she dances around the kitchen making all sorts of noises to let me know that she's ready to have hers NIAOW!

I usually take a small paper plate and put a few chicken scraps on it for her. It makes her happy.
  • parityanimal
    Hot wings!

Kids...don't try this at home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSeBSXmc9rU
  • parityanimal
    My red bananas finally got ripe! I bought them at the Farmers Market just a little over a week ago, and it took them this long to ripen. They start to feel a little softer on the outside when they get ripe.

• parityanimal
    Well, I popped a crown flossing after lunch, which included 4 Oreos, so I guess I will be celebrating both holidays!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Today is chest day at noon at the gym. Then I think maybe a trip to Home Depot to get the rest of the door handles. Need 3 for my bedroom, and 2 'dummy' ones for the laundry closet. Oh and a new toilet doohickey that fills and then stops the water in the tank. It has stuck a time or two. Want to fix it before I leave for vacation.

No exciting news here. Going to be another great day weather wise. Threats of rain tomorrow, which is fine. We need it. Although we have had some rain, its not been enough our drought is slowly worsening, and our lake (water source for Metro Atlanta, is 10 feet below full pool. This is no way to start the summer.

I have one more meal of leftovers and then I will need to cook something. I am thinking I want a red lentil soup. If I make it today, it will be even better tomorrow and nice to have on a rainy afternoon! Will even buy a nice crusty bread roll to go with it.

Later...
    Oh, no baby giraffe yet.