Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Good Morning...its Monday!
    I hadn't checked our weather either current or forecast...so Ed did it for me!! LOL! Thanks, as I've been quite busy watching silly people and food, and then laughing over cartoons! Great way to start the week!
    Trying something I saw on the web last night..not even sure which vegan web site I was looking at..but somebody had peeled and sliced sweet potato, cut them into rounds, put on a baking sheet and sprinkled them with cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, and white pepper....so guess what's in my toaster oven right now? They smell delicious, so I'm thinking I should check on them, right???
    Will let you know how this works. There weren't any instructions, like spice portions, and no oven temp given either...so I'm 'winging it'! Using best guess technology! LOL!

Yes, checked on mama giraffe about an hour ago, she's still preggers...no baby in site. And yes some total A-holes did get the original web site shut down...there always has to be a stick in the mud with virgin eyes I guess. Hint...if you don't like it then for Gods sakes watch something else!!!! There are now several web sites showing the live feed. Interesting. Shut down one, 2-3 pop up! Like a 'chinese fire drill' (no slur intended)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    See that, You get Your own personal Weatherman :)

I'm not sure with the others past the Cinnamon if I would like them. I tend not to use the other three toppings :)

I was think more like that old standby Jersey Shore Game, Whack-A-Mole.
    Ed, thats interesting. Mine open white, and the 'red' (mauve) ones open that color. I have a Knockout Yellow Rose...that opens yellow, fully open is pretty much white.
    I'll try to remember to take a pix or two of my Lenten Roses...they, like yours have just out done themselves this year...

Having another serving of Ed's Shipwreck Casserole for dinner tonite. Made it yesterday, and ate it for late lunch, and then I nibbled on it the rest of the afternoon and evening! Sooo good! (and did I mention easy)?

Later...

Hmmm... No mention of the Sweet Potatoes, Did they turn out OK?
    Curious Minds what to know.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    What is Pancake Day?
    Pancakes on Pancake Day.
    Pancake Day, also called Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras (which is French for "Fat Tuesday"), is the last day of feasting before Lent begins on Ash Wednesday. It's called so due to the tradition of eating pancakes on the day. This tradition comes from a time where any remaining rich foods were eaten on the day before Lent to use them up, and fasting begins. The date can vary from as early as February 3rd to as late as March 9th.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday and it's FAT Tuesday, Mardi Gras! It's currently 53 out there with a high expected of 71 with 20% chance of precipitation.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Just Curious, was it nice and ripe inside? I see them and they are not all that cheap either. I do get tempted however.

Thanks
    Roger

This one had a nice yellow spot at the end, and sounded right when thumped. I just cut it this morning and had some for breakfast, with sausage. I have to say that this $2.99 overly personal watermelon is the nicest one I've had in years! Perfectly ripe, and nicely sweet. Now I wish I had purchased two of them.

• parityanimal
    Since it IS Mardi Gras, I may have to whip up some cornmeal pancakes as lunch, and warm up some ready-to-eat bacon to go with that, or perhaps fry a couple of eggs. Maybe both? We'll see.

In olden days, I used to have a big breakfasty meal late on Mardi Gras, finishing up just before midnight.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Lets see...Roger, the sweet potatoes were tasty. But they were cut too thin, and took a long time in the toaster oven...solution? I think to steam them for about 4-5 minutes, and them put them in the oven to finish with the spices. Will try that next. The spice combo was great, I added too much white pepper..will change that for next time also :)
    Now I know where I heard the term Whack a Mole! Yes, pretty well describes it, without making any offended, except maybe the United Moles of the Northern Hemisphere? I must be careful, I don't want my yard overrun by the MNH society!! LOL!!!

Today is a toss up...to grocery or not grocery??? I never did go last week, and I have enough here to keep me nicely fed until tomorrow...but I may have a rainy shopping day if I wait until tomorrow. Hmmmmm, always 2 sides to any coin.

Ed, Glad your 'overly personal watermelon' is good! I see them and I've never bought one...well, not true...50 years ago, living in Kansas City Mo...and prego, I wanted watermelon in JANUARY....Moving produce that long ago was very different than it is now...and one day out with my BIL, at the Hallmark Shopping area, in a little shop of 'fancy stuff'...there it was, a small watermelon!!! And yes I bought that one, and yes it was delicious. So, I in fact did buy one once. Meanwhile I'll wait til summer for watermelon. Rarely ever buy a whole one, just too much for one of me to eat the whole thing!

Tom's already outside, he had a few bites of his dry food, then sat at the door waiting to be let out. :) Hope he's having fun, or enjoying a nice al fresco nap!

Later...

• parityanimal
    It is very rare for me to buy a whole regular watermelon, as they tend to be rather large, but the small, seedless, personal ones are about right for me. I can get 2 to 4 servings out of it, depending on serving size, and the suggested diabetic serving size for watermelon is actually bigger than for a lot of fruits, so one can eat a nice, satisfying amount without overloading.

I do have to watch it for another reason though as watermelon, like cucumber, will often repeat on me if I eat very much of it, and can cause some bloating and gas issues. That does seem to be getting a bit better of late, and I have hope that my body is getting over its resistance to those two items. Maybe if I keep eating them in small quantities it will forget all about it and just let me enjoy my food. Fortunately squash and other melons don't cause any problems for me, so I can eat most of the cucurbits without worry.

Now let's see...I need to find something interesting and/or funny to post for today...

People try FUTURE foods. Oooh, it includes Quorn. I actually tried, and liked that stuff OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCNSst-_z5c

Indian food vs. Pakistani food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5GO5zsti8

Americans try Caribbean food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNUkeFbnYrc

Syrian food!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBOGKvKuC_g

And...what may be the funniest! Cake fails!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQYjwUjYxY
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
    In honor of Mardi Gras I made buttermilk cornmeal pancakes for lunch. I had bacon, J had fake bacon, we both had eggs. I had reduced sugar blackberry jam on most of my pancakes but did have a drizzle of REAL maple syrup on one of them.
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2017
  • GardenKatGardens
    The kid with 'cupcake' hair do, the Father Christmas that looked to me like a chocolate bunny, and the tiny little 'mouse-y critters' all made me laugh out loud. (fortunately Tom E. was outside so he doesn't think I'm nuts)
    Committed myself to the trainer at the gym today. UGH...hope I'm up for this. Meaning I want the results...but not the work to get there. again....UGH!!!
    Groceries tomorrow hopefully before the rain and storms.

Off for the evening....
    Oh, still no little giraffe in NY.
  • parityanimal
    Tonight I had home made salad with home made dressing. Then Boston Market turkey medallions with mashed potatoes and gravy, with green beans and carrots on the side. Wine was Tuesday Night Red Cabernet Sauvignon.

This is my first bottle of that particular Cabernet Sauvignon. Very nice. Good and dry with fairly soft tannins. Paired well with the food.

I have three more bottles of it.

Doctor's appointment tomorrow at 9:15. Bleah.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Currently 64 out there with high expected of 74. 60% chance of precipitation.

Got to get ready to head in to the doctor's office!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7,881steps so far. The temperature was 56 degrees vs 46 degrees yesterday and was tolerable for walking. I Only wore the Hoodie and was still overdressed :( It had rained overnight and the humidity felt like it was up too.
    From MFP on February 28, 2017 1:03PM
    We are seeing a few issues at the moment as a result of an outage with AWS (Amazon Web Services). Users may notice errors when trying to sync or in uploading or deleting images. We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible. Please try again soon.

Also from our forum provider who is experiencing related issues (as are most sites at the moment)

Amazon S3 continues to suffer from a prolonged outage, affecting Vanilla's ability to process file uploads and serve some CDN content.

February is now in the record books as the warmest February on record :)
    Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday and it's FAT Tuesday, Mardi Gras! It's currently 53 out there with a high expected of 71 with 20% chance of precipitation.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Just Curious, was it nice and ripe inside? I see them and they are not all that cheap either. I do get tempted however.

Thanks
    Roger

This one had a nice yellow spot at the end, and sounded right when thumped. I just cut it this morning and had some for breakfast, with sausage. I have to say that this $2.99 overly personal watermelon is the nicest one I've had in years! Perfectly ripe, and nicely sweet. Now I wish I had purchased two of them.
    Hi Ed
    That would be my worry when I do see them, Spend all that money and then find out it is not too tasty. I had not thought of looking for Yellow spot on one end.

How nice that it was so tasty and enjoyable.
    Since it IS Mardi Gras, I may have to whip up some cornmeal pancakes as lunch, and warm up some ready-to-eat bacon to go with that, or perhaps fry a couple of eggs. Maybe both? We'll see.

In olden days, I used to have a big breakfasty meal late on Mardi Gras, finishing up just before midnight.
    That does sound like a Full size meal :)
    In honor of Mardi Gras I made buttermilk cornmeal pancakes for lunch. I had bacon, J had fake bacon, we both had eggs. I had reduced sugar blackberry jam on most of my pancakes but did have a drizzle of REAL maple syrup on one of them.

I think You made a wise choice with the Real Maple Syrup, I tried Sugar free and the nicest thing I can say is Yuck!

I use the No Sugar Added bread and Butter Spears from Vlassic and the No Sugar Added Sweet Relish from Mount Olive. Both have Zero calories per serving. they do have some sodium however.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Lets see...Roger, the sweet potatoes were tasty. But they were cut too thin, and took a long time in the toaster oven...solution? I think to steam them for about 4-5 minutes, and them put them in the oven to finish with the spices. Will try that next. The spice combo was great, I added too much white pepper..will change that for next time also :)
    Now I know where I heard the term Whack a Mole! Yes, pretty well describes it, without making any offended, except maybe the United Moles of the Northern Hemisphere? I must be careful, I don't want my yard overrun by the MNH society!! LOL!!!

Today is a toss up...to grocery or not grocery??? I never did go last week, and I have enough here to keep me nicely fed until tomorrow...but I may have a rainy shopping day if I wait until tomorrow. Hmmmmm, always 2 sides to any coin.

Ed, Glad your 'overly personal watermelon' is good! I see them and I've never bought one...well, not true...50 years ago, living in Kansas City Mo...and prego, I wanted watermelon in JANUARY....Moving produce that long ago was very different than it is now...and one day out with my BIL, at the Hallmark Shopping area, in a little shop of 'fancy stuff'...there it was, a small watermelon!!! And yes I bought that one, and yes it was delicious. So, I in fact did buy one once. Meanwhile I'll wait til summer for watermelon. Rarely ever buy a whole one, just too much for one of me to eat the whole thing!

Tom's already outside, he had a few bites of his dry food, then sat at the door waiting to be let out. :) Hope he's having fun, or enjoying a nice al fresco nap!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    United Moles of the Northern Hemisphere, Great idea :)

It sounds like a 6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of the other as to the shopping.
    The kid with 'cupcake' hair do, the Father Christmas that looked to me like a chocolate bunny, and the tiny little 'mouse-y critters' all made me laugh out loud. (fortunately Tom E. was outside so he doesn't think I'm nuts)
    Committed myself to the trainer at the gym today. UGH...hope I'm up for this. Meaning I want the results...but not the work to get there. again....UGH!!!
    Groceries tomorrow hopefully before the rain and storms.

Off for the evening....
    Oh, still no little giraffe in NY.

I like the tiny critters too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Doctor said all my stuff looked great (except weight...I gained a little) so basically keep it up but try to lose a bit.

I'm finally getting around to drinking my tea (with the usual Meyer lemon slice) for the morning.

You can get stuff that you attach to the end of the hose and spray the yard to, supposedly, drive the mole(s) away. But I think you'd want to be sure and research to make sure it wouldn't do anything to Tom. But then Tom might just bring you that mole as a gift. Wouldn't that be nice of him?

Let's try some Native American foods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyfGYKMK9gE

And Hungarian food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tEIWRnOcWw

• parityanimal
    Las Vegas (or Lost Wages) hangover food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqu3dxm56g

And 15 more foods that are a lie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4NewHVUXMY

Adults try 90s infomercial toys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlNep6JcqEc
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi...eating my lunch...wind is blowing like crazy...cat has free access to the outdoors, as its 78 degrees according to the Weather Channel..perfect weather for bad storms, and Tom E. chooses to stay indoors, and yowl like he is upset. Please cat...really???

Got my groceries purchased, my package from the mailman, and I have some non perishables to stow away, but I got it all in the house rain free.

Ed, I'd call that a good day at the Doc's, if the worst is only a couple extra pounds that found you over the winter!!! All the talk about the watermelon...I bought some in a to-go container at Publix, and am about to eat it! :) Oh, and I don't have moles, the Wack-a-mole discussion was an alternative to my saying something about a Chinese Fire Drill. The red clay in my yard is so hard, it would need a mole with a stainless steel nose to tunnel thru it. Tom and the others have brought me voles in past years. And that would make sense, as voles build tunnels in the turf above ground, and they are vegetarians. Moles eat meat...like grubs and earth worms. (Fun stuff you learn in Master Gardener School)

Roger did you ever think you'd see the day that on March 1st a hoodie would be to warm? But, better than having cold hands and feet and snow and ice, right?

Couple things I need to do before DS1 calls. Dryer needs to fluff and then the clothes can be folded. They very kindly dried themselves while I was at the grocery.

Later...
    Oh, still no baby giraffe :)