Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7400 steps + 11 cents, The temperature this morning was 66/64 degrees. It was a nice day outside for walking despite the Sun. I did start to feel the heat from the sun on the return leg of my walk. I got a late start as I slept late after being woken up by a 4:30AM Thunderstorm that lasted until after 5AM with large rain drop noise :)
    I did go out to mow the lawn, yesterday and ended up the day at 11.6K+ for a step count. Next weeks mow will be my brothers turn as we alternate. Today is go out and mulch using the bags we bought earlier this week at $2 for a 2 cubic foot Scotts Brown Mulch.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Back from the vet. Ariel tolerated the first week treatment with Vincristine quite well, and today she had Cytoxin, which is a bit easier as it's a pill. Of course they check blood work every week to make sure all is going OK, prior to giving any treatment.

I gave her today's dose of Prednisone, and some treats for going to the vet and taking the Prednisone. Then we went to the master bathroom and she and Lilo were happily eating some kibble.
    Hi Ed
    That is good news on the Ariel front.
    Howdy y'all. It's stupendous Saturday! 70 out there now, looking to a high of 86 with 30% chance of rain.

Need to clear the sink and pill Ariel with her daily Prednisone. So far looking good as far as yesterday's chemo, but today being day two is the day to really start watching for side effects.

Got the indoor plants watered. Just lurking at home waiting for a wine delivery otherwise.
    Well we had rain already, a really noisy Thunderstorm that woke me up from a sound sleep and denied my getting back to sleep quickly with its duration.

They are forecasting a high in this area of around 86 also and then 20 to 30 degrees cooler for Sunday :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey Guys!
    I think I'm just late enough to make an entrance! LOL!!

Busy today. Make my weeks' worth of quinoa this morning while I was trying to drink my cup of coffee...then the shower, hair, dressed, etc...left for lunch...which was a lot of fun with my niece....then home, a bit of a rest and went out and cut the grass about 7:30 this evening. Did not get any trim work done as it was getting a bit late/darkish...

Made myself 2 burritos for dinner and 2 sides...corn and beets..odd combo I know, but they both needed to be eaten, soooooo.

Did a small bit of cleaning, and now I'm ready to call it a night.

Ed, sounds like you had an easy time with Ariel today. That's a good thing, and she's eating quite nicely it sounds like.

Roger...yep, salt, eggs, coffee, fat, protein....and more all have the ability to be great for you, have some more, OR eat that and die!!! LOL!!!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    FWIW I prefer to get out as early as possible when mowing to avoid the heat of day. Here in town that is after 7:30 weekdays and later on Saturdays and Sundays :)

So true, good for You, Bad for You :)
    Anything is bad for You when done to excess including water :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Wine arrived. Yay! Now I'm free! Free! Well, at least I can leave the house if I want to... :open_mouth:
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Super Saturday.
    Anybody have an elderly dearly loved relative in CA. ??? Somebody on the left coast won last nights jackpot for MegaMillions of an estimated $61M. Nice little bundle to share with a deserving nephew! LOL!!! Dream on, right?

Cat has eaten and is sleeping atop the chicken-less coup, I've about finished my morning coffee, and have waded thru my email for the moment. Today starts the 10 day "Food Revolution Summit" . Me and another 250,000 thousand people intend to watch. This will be my 4th year. I find them interesting. Needless to say they're all health related, and do not include animal products. :)

I'm wishing I had chickens again...and my neglected back yard is probably neglected enough, and the azalea bushes big enough that I 'might' be able to get away with it. Even though the hawk does his 'fly by' multiple times a day. (makes me suspect there is more than on in my area) :). So....no chickens for my back yard. Something Jack said on our chat last Wednesday made me start thinking again. Somebody in his neighborhood 'had' guinea hens, and they were the terror of the neighborhood apparently...not having to personally deal with them I found it a bit humorous, but..... Then they had to get rid of the guinea's. Now, its chickens...free range chickens. LOL!!! And Jack said the chickens really didn't bother him, so he didn't mind the chickens. Anyhow he was talking to the chicken neighbor who said he'd had a problem with ticks in his area...which is why he got chickens! Light bulb moment! Chickens LOVES TICKS! I'd forgotten that! I know they are hell on bugs, snakes, etc.
    Oh, well.....
    Coffee's now cold, and Roger has posted again, assuming some amusements. I could use some after thinking about the hawk, and no relatives in CA.!!! LOL!

After breakfast I'm picking up my weapons of destruction and cutting back the forsythia, and who knows what else....once I get started pruning the entire 'estate' ( :) ) is in danger!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    igZJ6m.jpg

wWR2WU.gif

mjnefs.jpg

FgTGgU.jpg

LQwZU7.jpg

zOUOKc.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Wine arrived. Yay! Now I'm free! Free! Well, at least I can leave the house if I want to... :open_mouth:

Hi Ed
    That was a nice early delivery :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Morning! Super Saturday.
    Anybody have an elderly dearly loved relative in CA. ??? Somebody on the left coast won last nights jackpot for MegaMillions of an estimated $61M. Nice little bundle to share with a deserving nephew! LOL!!! Dream on, right?

Cat has eaten and is sleeping atop the chicken-less coup, I've about finished my morning coffee, and have waded thru my email for the moment. Today starts the 10 day "Food Revolution Summit" . Me and another 250,000 thousand people intend to watch. This will be my 4th year. I find them interesting. Needless to say they're all health related, and do not include animal products. :)

I'm wishing I had chickens again...and my neglected back yard is probably neglected enough, and the azalea bushes big enough that I 'might' be able to get away with it. Even though the hawk does his 'fly by' multiple times a day. (makes me suspect there is more than on in my area) :). So....no chickens for my back yard. Something Jack said on our chat last Wednesday made me start thinking again. Somebody in his neighborhood 'had' guinea hens, and they were the terror of the neighborhood apparently...not having to personally deal with them I found it a bit humorous, but..... Then they had to get rid of the guinea's. Now, its chickens...free range chickens. LOL!!! And Jack said the chickens really didn't bother him, so he didn't mind the chickens. Anyhow he was talking to the chicken neighbor who said he'd had a problem with ticks in his area...which is why he got chickens! Light bulb moment! Chickens LOVES TICKS! I'd forgotten that! I know they are hell on bugs, snakes, etc.
    Oh, well.....
    Coffee's now cold, and Roger has posted again, assuming some amusements. I could use some after thinking about the hawk, and no relatives in CA.!!! LOL!

After breakfast I'm picking up my weapons of destruction and cutting back the forsythia, and who knows what else....once I get started pruning the entire 'estate' ( :) ) is in danger!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I did finally post some humor, Sorry to be running late today. Weather related :)

I used to hear Roosters when walking last year.

Nope, sadly there is no one left in California :(
    Closest to there would be my Sister in Washington State.

Sorry to be so brief, I am feeling this display bothering my eyes today. I did read a article that too much time using displays can cause eye aging

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Sunday!

69 out there now looking to a high in the mid 80's with 12% chance of precipitation.

Sink has been cleared, Ariel has been pilled, Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel has had a snack/treat after the pilling, and will eat later, presumably. As she had a mirtazapine this morning, she'll hopefully get the munchies. Days 2 and 3 after a treatment seem to be the worst for appetite loss. Day 1, the day OF the treatment, she so far seems fine, but the side effects hit over the next two or three days.

Need to get some sheets laundered and some housework done if I can convince Eddie to just do it.

Also could really stand to get out to the store, though that could wait until tomorrow.

Eduardo has a whole chicken thawing in the refrigerator to do something with, but probably not until Tuesday or even Wednesday. Meanwhile there are som seasoned, boneless riblets thawed that can be relatively slow cooked in the oven for an hour and a half to make a nice lunch or dinner.

Not sure what time J will be home so dinner plans may revolve around that.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    jGq8cP.jpg

5ZeWFq.gif

Eds8jc.jpg

cr6fo5.gif

nlnGia.jpg

QRMZa5.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 8500 steps, The temperature this morning was 61/61 degrees. It was another nice day outside for walking. I got a late start as I slept later than usual :)
    We are forecast to be in the 50s today too, yesterday it was 86 in parts on NJ :( Yo-Yo temperature this month sadly. That does make it hard to settle into any rhythm.
    While walking I stopped for two eggs and a cup of Decaf, I turned some of the eggs into a sandwich using the toast and brought the home fires back to the house where my brother will use them tomorrow in his breakfast. Then I stopped at the Dollar store and spent a whopping Three dollars on a Box Of Blueberry Pancakes, a box of Blueberry Waffles and a Quart of 1% milk that will be safe on the pantry shelf until it reaches its Best if used buy march 20, 2018 :) I love the long shelf life since it means I can keep One in the Refrigerator and two on the shelf as every now and then they run out of the 1% and only have 2% or sometimes only whole milk.

I ended up the day at 10.2K+ for a step count. We went out Saturday and mulched using the bags we bought earlier this week at $2 for a 2 cubic foot Scotts Brown Mulch.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Sunday!

69 out there now looking to a high in the mid 80's with 12% chance of precipitation.

Sink has been cleared, Ariel has been pilled, Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel has had a snack/treat after the pilling, and will eat later, presumably. As she had a mirtazapine this morning, she'll hopefully get the munchies. Days 2 and 3 after a treatment seem to be the worst for appetite loss. Day 1, the day OF the treatment, she so far seems fine, but the side effects hit over the next two or three days.

Need to get some sheets laundered and some housework done if I can convince Eddie to just do it.

Also could really stand to get out to the store, though that could wait until tomorrow.

Eduardo has a whole chicken thawing in the refrigerator to do something with, but probably not until Tuesday or even Wednesday. Meanwhile there are some seasoned, boneless riblets thawed that can be relatively slow cooked in the oven for an hour and a half to make a nice lunch or dinner.

Not sure what time J will be home so dinner plans may revolve around that.
    Hi Ed
    With the 80+ temperatures we have been having off and on I have sadly had to run the AC and there goes the electric bill up, up and away soaring.

Enjoy the Riblets, they sound delicious
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Riblets in the oven are starting to smell good. I'll probably take them out around noon, maybe a few after.

Got the floors all swept, and the bedclothes are in the dryer.

Still have some bathroom stuff to clean.

Ariel and Lilo both helped me make the bed.

20170430_083535_zps5yx14jm1.jpg

20170430_083433_zpsyysms4g3.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    I need to check the weather...what I saw/heard was overcast today, rains late tonite into an all day rain on Monday. Yet, Tom E. just came in, not wet, but feeling like somebody had misted him! I really wanted to be outside later today...rain would be a deterrent.

Listening to the Food Revolution Summit, nice that I can listen to the broadcast on my phone, and not tied to the computer...

Jack not coming over with a gaggle of kids, My 2 grands, and 3 of their friends from church. At first he was going to come anyway...All I could think of was my small house, and tweens and teens and no TV for them. Though I'm sure they'd all have devices of their own! But relieved they aren't coming!

Will check on the weather by going outside, and then either do outdoor chores, or indoor chores, dependent...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I just started SCI-FI INVASION, 50 "classic" science fiction movies.

Tonight's feature presentation is BRAIN TWISTERS (1991), starring no one you ever heard of.

A scientist uses his students as Guinea pigs to test the brain control software he's working on, but it turns out there is a mild side effect of turning the students into murderous psychopaths, but hey, all software has bugs to be worked out, right?
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

71 out there now and light rain. 75 is the expected high with 80% chance of thunderstorms.

Maybe I can slip out between them to get to Kroger as I really need to get to the store today. Eddie was busy with house work yesterday and, while I could have managed it, just didn't feel like taking the time. On the plus side, the house is nicely cleaned up! But I HAVE to get out today because the sugar gliders were served the last of their yogurt last night.

Ariel, when last seen, was on the bed with J, so I think she's glad he's home. I think he got home about quarter past midnight last night but I could be mistaken.

Lilo has been fed, I've been fed, and I'm on my first cup of tea now.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    1AyTt4.jpg
    Late Running Christmas Humor

jTOEbI.jpg

JurGOv.gif

PdtEFa.jpg

s2R650.gif

5yNfzi.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 5300 steps, The temperature this morning was 60/52 degrees. It was another so so day outside for walking. )
    The air is somewhat hazy outside. While I was walking I did see a Fox come up a side road running through peoples front yards and turn down the cross street heading towards the park. That makes two Foxes I have seen in different parts of town.

I ended up the day at 10.1K+ yesterday for a step count.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Riblets in the oven are starting to smell good. I'll probably take them out around noon, maybe a few after.

Got the floors all swept, and the bedclothes are in the dryer.

Still have some bathroom stuff to clean.

Ariel and Lilo both helped me make the bed.

Snipped Images
    Hi Ed
    Looking at the images made me wonder if Hair loss was a side effect of Chemo in cats?
    I just started SCI-FI INVASION, 50 "classic" science fiction movies.

Tonight's feature presentation is BRAIN TWISTERS (1991), starring no one you ever heard of.

A scientist uses his students as Guinea pigs to test the brain control software he's working on, but it turns out there is a mild side effect of turning the students into murderous psychopaths, but hey, all software has bugs to be worked out, right?

I would hope not all software has bugs :)
    After all Bugs in the Software used in Aircraft these days could be really bad :)

Good Luck With the Weather Today, Hopefully You get to Krogers between Rainfalls
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I need to check the weather...what I saw/heard was overcast today, rains late tonite into an all day rain on Monday. Yet, Tom E. just came in, not wet, but feeling like somebody had misted him! I really wanted to be outside later today...rain would be a deterrent.

Listening to the Food Revolution Summit, nice that I can listen to the broadcast on my phone, and not tied to the computer...

Jack not coming over with a gaggle of kids, My 2 grands, and 3 of their friends from church. At first he was going to come anyway...All I could think of was my small house, and tweens and teens and no TV for them. Though I'm sure they'd all have devices of their own! But relieved they aren't coming!

Will check on the weather by going outside, and then either do outdoor chores, or indoor chores, dependent...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I believe Our Weather forecast Sunday night indicated Semi to severe Thunderstorms overnight on Monday into Tuesday.

I saw a lot of bad weather down in the south on the news last night too.

I have been known to walk in a light mist, not my favorite.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger