Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »

Ariel and Lilo both helped me make the bed.

Hi Ed
    Looking at the images made me wonder if Hair loss was a side effect of Chemo in cats?

Roger

Hair loss CAN be a side effect, even front whisker loss, which can be kind of disturbing to the cat until the whiskers grow back.

So far the only hair loss Ariel (the tabby) has experienced is the shaved spot on one side where they took the aspiration biopsies. Ariel is a medium haired tabby, with long tail. Lilo is the smaller, grey and cinnamon, rumpy (or rumpy riser) Manx with no significant tail at all but just a bit or a bump where the tail would normally be.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Monday Morning!
    I have no idea the weather on Ed's side of our county, but if same as here I hope he's already been to the grocery! It started with a light sprinkle, then got windy and dark as night, (yep, had to turn on the lights) but now its breezy but lighter. This would be a fun day to have Alexa enabled to turn the lights on and off!!! Yes, I am THAT lazy this morning! LOL!

I came here 2 hours ago, with good intentions....then I ended up printing out this coming weeks batch cooking menu, shopping list, and recipe's...AND while it was printing I started cleaning up the computer desktop. ... more printing, but mostly moving doc's into folders, and finally I got back in here, and then I had some catching up to do from various pix, cartoons, notes from ya'll!!!

So, now I need a nap??? jk...!!!!

List of 'to do's' is long today, somehow I've amassed 3 loads of laundry??? Two is the usual...Wow, guess I'll be seeing lots of Mr Washer and Ms Dryer!!! Fortunately the kitchen is still clean. Somewhere I will need to sneak in bathroom cleaning X2, and a quick sweep with the Dyson Animal Motorhead! I love that thing, still. Ted gave it to me a couple years ago, and he said I'd get over running it every day or more...but he was wrong! I have that thing off its charger and in my hand, with some attachment doing something for me!

Time to get out of my robe, and into some cleaning clothes, something with pockets...so I can put the phone in my pocket and listen to today's Summit...3 hours=3speakers of about 40 -45 minutes each...with a Q&A til the top of the next hour. (there's a replay up for 21 hours if I miss anything I'm interested in hearing...)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2017
    ykDdhQ.jpg
    For Valerie :)

nFgWuU.jpg

nqG8gn.jpg

oc2weY.jpg

ExWvCo.jpg

QGKgsz.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 6100 steps, The temperature this morning was 70/71 degrees. It was a poor day outside for walking. As I was leaving the 7-Eleven with my coffee it started to rain. So I stayed under the overhang for a while until it let up. rather than take a chance I headed for home while it was stopped.
    The Thunderstorms in the forecast failed to appear where I am. Oh well, I do not think it even rained much overnight, it looks as if the rain and thunderstorms went past to the north of Central NJ.
    Currently it is a beautiful looking day outside the window, Oh Well :)

I plan to either go to CostCo or the ShopRite later when my brother leaves for a while. I want to get some more protein shakes and Fruit.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »

Ariel and Lilo both helped me make the bed.

Hi Ed
    Looking at the images made me wonder if Hair loss was a side effect of Chemo in cats?

Roger

Hair loss CAN be a side effect, even front whisker loss, which can be kind of disturbing to the cat until the whiskers grow back.

So far the only hair loss Ariel (the tabby) has experienced is the shaved spot on one side where they took the aspiration biopsies. Ariel is a medium haired tabby, with long tail. Lilo is the smaller, grey and cinnamon, rumpy (or rumpy riser) Manx with no significant tail at all but just a bit or a bump where the tail would normally be.
    Hi Ed
    I was wondering. It sounds as if so far so good.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Monday Morning!
    I have no idea the weather on Ed's side of our county, but if same as here I hope he's already been to the grocery! It started with a light sprinkle, then got windy and dark as night, (yep, had to turn on the lights) but now its breezy but lighter. This would be a fun day to have Alexa enabled to turn the lights on and off!!! Yes, I am THAT lazy this morning! LOL!

I came here 2 hours ago, with good intentions....then I ended up printing out this coming weeks batch cooking menu, shopping list, and recipe's...AND while it was printing I started cleaning up the computer desktop. ... more printing, but mostly moving doc's into folders, and finally I got back in here, and then I had some catching up to do from various pix, cartoons, notes from ya'll!!!

So, now I need a nap??? jk...!!!!

List of 'to do's' is long today, somehow I've amassed 3 loads of laundry??? Two is the usual...Wow, guess I'll be seeing lots of Mr Washer and Ms Dryer!!! Fortunately the kitchen is still clean. Somewhere I will need to sneak in bathroom cleaning X2, and a quick sweep with the Dyson Animal Motorhead! I love that thing, still. Ted gave it to me a couple years ago, and he said I'd get over running it every day or more...but he was wrong! I have that thing off its charger and in my hand, with some attachment doing something for me!

Time to get out of my robe, and into some cleaning clothes, something with pockets...so I can put the phone in my pocket and listen to today's Summit...3 hours=3speakers of about 40 -45 minutes each...with a Q&A til the top of the next hour. (there's a replay up for 21 hours if I miss anything I'm interested in hearing...)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I thought of You instantly when I saw the first image :)

Good Luck getting everything done. Some days I find my motivation is lacking

Have a Nice Day today
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    I know nothing. Oh, I did laugh at several of those memes Roger, and I could see my name all over the one milking almonds! :) Yep, thats what I do every morning...thinking about switching to hemp milk.................hehehhe!

Today's big bodacious chore is cleaning out the refrigerator. AND then sitting down with this batch menu and trying to figure out just what I really want to eat, and how much of it....so I don't end up with left over 'everything' at the end of the week. The 'back of the refrigerator' is getting cluttered. So far no neon colors, but, why wait???
    The recipe's just make too much for one person. I have a healthy appetite mind you, but good heavens.....

And should I get that done in a timely manner, I may very well just find myself outside with garden implements of destruction! Some blackberry sprouts to pull, and I want to trim back the zebra grass a bit more. Once all that is done, I will think about finding some annuals to put in that front bed, and probably geraniums for the two pots by the garage that have herbs in them.

And that's my day......

Sorry you got rained on, etc during your walk Roger. That would be a bummer. Mango's are good right now if you're looking for something more than banana's....and soon enough we'll have fresh berries and then the stone fruits. I've picked up a container or two of cut fruit recently, and the watermelon has been really good! I've quit buying cantaloupe...I just cannot get a good one. Ted says he's had good luck with the ones he's bought...maybe I should hire him? LOL!!

Ed, strange you haven't posted this morning...hope all is well with Ariel, and you're just enjoying an extra cup of tea and a relaxed morning.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

I've been up since a bit before 7:00 (Thanks, Lilo...) but distracted. Dishes all done and put away, Lilo and I have been fed, and Ariel has eaten, been pilled (Prednisone), and eaten some more.

Probably need to get out to Aldi soon as J wants some mozzarella cheese sticks for lunch.

• parityanimal
    Well, I got the cheese sticks, and a few other things at Aldi, including a new box for the cats to sit/lay in.

And Eduardo seasoned the whole chicken and got it started in the slow cooker for dinner. The package said "parts of giblets may be missing" which was certainly true, since there weren't any giblets at all!

I didn't care, as I would have just cooked the liver to see if Ariel could be enticed to eat some, which is highly unlikely as if it's not a crunchy cat food kibble or treat, she doesn't recognize it as food...but maybe with altered taste buds due to the chemo...

Gotta finish warming the leftover veggie casserole from last night so we can have the rest of lunch.
  • parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was a little bit odd. As chickens go, this wasn't a very big one. I ate the wings (that fell off the chicken - yes, it was definitely DONE) and one leg and thigh. And a banana.

Yep, no mashed potatoes, just a banana.

I sliced up all the rest of the chicken (except the other leg and thigh, which still have some of the bones in) and all the leftover chicken is on a plate in the refrigerator. I'm sure I can get several more meals from that.

Breakfast may be one of those meals. :)

• parityanimal
    Some Disney stuff we may never see again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcA0SNLfaI
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's Sci-Fi invasion feature is:

The Head (1959)

A scientist invents a serum that keeps a dog's head alive after its body dies. When the scientist dies of a heart attack, his crazed assistant cuts off his head and, using the serum, keeps the doctor's head alive and forces it to help him on an experiment to give his hunchbacked nurse assistant a new body.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Might need to do laundry today, we'll see. Sink is already cleared into the dishwasher.

Lilo, Ariel, and I have all been fed.

Sipping my first cup of tea now.
  • RogerToo
    zKOBow.jpg

IFxH8T.jpg

fxCCo2.jpg

pZclJt.jpg

j1Mjqv.jpg

B9c3Rh.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7400 steps + 1 Quarter, The temperature this morning is cooler than Tuesdays 59/59 degrees.
    Currently it is a beautiful looking day outside the window.

I went to the ShopRite and spent around $40. I planned to get some more protein shakes and Fruit. I managed to forget the Protein shakes :( Now I need to go back in the next couple of days or switch to using an alternative before I go walking. I may be able to get there this morning :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    I know nothing. Oh, I did laugh at several of those memes Roger, and I could see my name all over the one milking almonds! :) Yep, thats what I do every morning...thinking about switching to hemp milk.................hehehhe!

Today's big bodacious chore is cleaning out the refrigerator. AND then sitting down with this batch menu and trying to figure out just what I really want to eat, and how much of it....so I don't end up with left over 'everything' at the end of the week. The 'back of the refrigerator' is getting cluttered. So far no neon colors, but, why wait???
    The recipe's just make too much for one person. I have a healthy appetite mind you, but good heavens.....

And should I get that done in a timely manner, I may very well just find myself outside with garden implements of destruction! Some blackberry sprouts to pull, and I want to trim back the zebra grass a bit more. Once all that is done, I will think about finding some annuals to put in that front bed, and probably geraniums for the two pots by the garage that have herbs in them.

And that's my day......

Sorry you got rained on, etc during your walk Roger. That would be a bummer. Mango's are good right now if you're looking for something more than banana's....and soon enough we'll have fresh berries and then the stone fruits. I've picked up a container or two of cut fruit recently, and the watermelon has been really good! I've quit buying cantaloupe...I just cannot get a good one. Ted says he's had good luck with the ones he's bought...maybe I should hire him? LOL!!

Ed, strange you haven't posted this morning...hope all is well with Ariel, and you're just enjoying an extra cup of tea and a relaxed morning.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I am guessing that means the foods would not freeze well?

Interesting, my brother says the same thing regarding Cantaloupe and HoneyDew melons...

He waits until he can buy the Vine ripened ones at a farmers stand during the summer. The Fruit is so good right down to within a quarter of a inch from the outside skin that way. FWIW they should not be crunchy :) before they ripen is the way they are picked and shipped to prevent shipping damage and taste be damned :(

I bought some Strawberries recently and they were at best Meh.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well, I got the cheese sticks, and a few other things at Aldi, including a new box for the cats to sit/lay in.

And Eduardo seasoned the whole chicken and got it started in the slow cooker for dinner. The package said "parts of giblets may be missing" which was certainly true, since there weren't any giblets at all!

I didn't care, as I would have just cooked the liver to see if Ariel could be enticed to eat some, which is highly unlikely as if it's not a crunchy cat food kibble or treat, she doesn't recognize it as food...but maybe with altered taste buds due to the chemo...

Gotta finish warming the leftover veggie casserole from last night so we can have the rest of lunch.
    Hi Ed
    it would not surprise me if the cats preferred a cardboard box over the store bought one.

Parts may be missing??? Heh, Understatement if I ever heard one. It would not bother me of course as I have to put them in the freezer until the night the garbage goes to the curb.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    Irish people taste New Jersey food!

They get to taste a Taylor ham sandwich!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZH9qW_7cc
  • parityanimal
    The box I got at Aldi was an empty cardboard box that had been in the refrigerator with packages of Happy Farms shredded cheese in it. Two sides are open, and two are solid, so it's easy for them to get in and out.

Both cats have checked it out and spent a little time sitting and/or lying in it.

Here are a few creepy Wikipedia pages you should never visit, though, as you may guess, the video does...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1skl-cpUoE
  • parityanimal
    5 broken and abandoned Disney special effects remnants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_8lAK9Wc4