Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    6sX3nR.jpg

86HMR0.jpg

hPotL1.gif

3BNy2N.gif

Y9MPMP.jpg

xwf1fE.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 6000 steps + 1 cent. The temperature this morning is cooler than yesterday at 45/41 degrees. Yesterday between the Grocery Shopping, unloading Garden supplies and then spreading Lime on the yard I ended up the day with 13,800 steps so between these two days I am near my average goal of steps.
    Currently it is a beautiful looking day outside the window.

I went to the ShopRite again Wednesday and spent around $69.95. I planned to get some more protein shakes and Fruit. The Atkins Protein shakes were on sale where the best price was to buy three, so I took advantage of that and bought three of three different flavors so I now have a 36 day supply of them plus 7 Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Shakes. I also bought a bag of Clementines on sale so between those and the Pinata Apples I bought Yesterday and the Bananas on hand I am good for fruit too. Then since Poland Spring Water is on sale I bought three and got a coupon for $2 off a future purchase as long as I use it before May 17th.

I managed to forget something again, OTOH it was seltzers for my brother and a optional if they were on sale only item. I really need to start creating a shopping list.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

61 rainy degrees out there and looking to a high of 69 with 100% chance of rain. So, of course, I really need to get out to the store...but maybe, like last time, I can slip out and get back between showers!

Dishwasher is running, laundry probably later. Lilo and I have been fed and Ariel has food available. Today will be Ariel's last day of TWO Prednisone tablets, and tomorrow she starts on just one a day.

• RogerToo
    Irish people taste New Jersey food!

They get to taste a Taylor ham sandwich!
    Hi Ed
    I think they are delicious. Eaten with Egg, Cheese, Egg & Cheese and on a Hamburger :)
    Yesterday for Dinner I used the Hamburger meat cooked loose that I had bought on Tuesday using a Coupon. I Cooked it Tuesday night while it was nice and fresh and then refrigerated it. I uses 3 ounces with Ketchup and the no sugar added Sweet Relish stirred in and then microwaved on a vegetable wrap.
    The box I got at Aldi was an empty cardboard box that had been in the refrigerator with packages of Happy Farms shredded cheese in it. Two sides are open, and two are solid, so it's easy for them to get in and out.

Both cats have checked it out and spent a little time sitting and/or lying in it.

Here are a few creepy Wikipedia pages you should never visit, though, as you may guess, the video does...
    I will need to look at these linked videos in a few minutes. Good idea, Saving money and the cats will never miss a fancy manufactured cat box.
    5 broken and abandoned Disney special effects remnants.
    I find that sort of thing saddening along with abandoned amusement parks and attractions.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning,
    I'm late getting my day going...like that's new news these day....

Overcast, damp, with occasional splatters of rain. Hope Ed's already shopping, its not going to get any better today! (nor much warmer) I have half a head of cauliflower and about same amount of broccoli, so I'm thinking it could well be an oven roasting to happen here today!
    And I've culled the food list for today's batch making. Too much food waste.

The food I tossed this morning was all from last week. I wasn't overly fond of her version of a tofu scramble, (I make a better one), and quinoa is not my first second or even third grain list, there already is some in the freezer, and the freezer is about to pop as it is.
    Although I spent a chunk of money between the 3 stores, I really didn't spend much of it on food??? Foolish purchase of the day yesterday...a hose end watering wand, with gutter cleaner, and 5-6 delivery options...you know full, stream, etc... Ok, so that really could be quite handy...except the lake is down 8 feet, and there is already talk about banning all outdoor watering...probably I'm guessing newly laid or seeded lawns. Or newly planted trees, shrubs, etc. Gardens are exempt. At least that's how it worked last time. If this level get implemented, I may well be washing dishes on a dish pan, and saving laundry water for the shrubs and trees. Its a LOT of work doing these things, but I've gotten in the habit of liking water to drink! :)

Ok, off to the kitchen and those veggies...also some lentils to cook (easy peasy) and probably a sauce or dressing or two, like the strawberry salad dressing...sounds interesting...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I got to the store, but, as Val already noticed, it doesn't look like there is going to be any "between showers" today. I was able to get out when it wasn't raining terribly hard, so didn't get TOO wet.

Today would be a GREAT day for using the oven, as it's not supposed to get very warm outside, so dinner may be something baked or roasted here. I'll have to browse the vegetable bins in the refrigerator and see what Eduardo can come up with.

While at Kroger I selected about 10 different flavors of crunchy cat treats, as Ariel has been playing the "I'm hungry but not for THIS" game lately, and since it's very important that she eat as much as possible to help fuel any possible recovery, we play the game "What does Ariel like today?" every day. If we get her into remission, we are going to have to make her unlearn some very annoying behaviors relating to food. In the meantime, whatever she wants to eat and wherever she wants to eat it is fine with us. The good news on that front is that after the second treatment she still had a couple of low days but otherwise has been eating pretty well, once we figure out what she wants to eat. Lilo is happy to clean up any rejected items...and is going to be as big as a house if we don't watch that.

I think I'm going to bleach Ariel's fur orange and re-name her to Morris.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Arimorrisel....that almost has a French sound to it with the right reflection! LOL!!! (but a bit long for a cat)

ED, we got bamboozled! Kroger is not doing the 5% senior Wednesdays after May 13, is what the tape from the cash register said....and I noticed I didn't get a discount yesterday. :( Booo and Hiss!!!

I roasted some baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onion brussels sprouts and cut 3 small sweet potatoes in half length wise, put them cut side down on a flat pan, and roasted them along with the veg's.... They are sooo good, my house is toasty warm, and smells delightful! I almost don't want to go to gymnastics tonite. But would hate to disappoint my 'littles'. :) Tomorrow morning is supposed to be chilly, so I saved the potato casserole baking to go with my morning coffee. I think the rest of the day will be quiet, so maybe some weed pulling or just a day of jammies and slippers!!!

News on, trees down...didn't see any in the metro area...Floyd county, Fannin county, also the weather alert has been mysteriously quiet. And that's always a good thing....

Heading for my bike and about half hour of pedaling.

Roger hope you have good weather for your walk in the morning. :)

• parityanimal
    ED, we got bamboozled! Kroger is not doing the 5% senior Wednesdays after May 13, is what the tape from the cash register said....and I noticed I didn't get a discount yesterday. :( Booo and Hiss!!!

Hmpf. From what I've been able to glean, the reasoning for it is as follows, from another Kroger district:

"Our Senior Discount and Double Coupon programs were targeted programs that not all customers benefited from. Our new lower prices are available to all customers," Kroger spokeswoman Melissa Eads said.

True on BOTH counts, I'll agree, but...

The senior discount was supposedly supposed to help older people, likely on a fixed income, and somehow I don't really think the "new lower prices" will make up that difference. We'll see.

And as for the double couponing, sure, not everyone benefited. Only the people who were willing to take the time to clip and use the coupons! But everyone COULD have chosen to do that.

Still, having said that, I rarely use name brand coupons because the store brand is usually cheaper (at Kroger, not necessarily at Publix) even after taking the coupon into consideration, unless the name brand item is on sale that week.

And Kroger DOES send me coupons for store brand (mostly) items that I would be buying anyway, because they know I've bought them in the past. Are they going to stop doing that because not EVERYONE chooses to utilize a Kroger card (and thus not EVERYONE will even be able to take advantage of the new lower prices) or will we continue to get the Kroger card discount prices and the gas points that not EVERYONE can get, only the ones who bother to maintain a Kroger card?

Oh, I don't really care anyway, I don't have any store loyalty and never did, even when I worked there. I shopped there then because it was convenient and, usually, the better price anyway, but since I stopped working there, and they opened my neighborhood Aldi, I've been buying stuff at Aldi if they have the better price, or even if it's just one or two items I need, because Aldi is REALLY, REALLY convenient to my house!

My mother used to drive all over Paducah to get the best deals at every grocery in town, saving the one with the most frozen/refrigerated goods for last on the route, but by the time we got home, the way-back of the station was full of grocery bags and we had made a circuit that probably resembled that Family Circus kid going "directly" to the store and back for his mom.

• parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

I managed to forget something again, OTOH it was seltzers for my brother and a optional if they were on sale only item. I really need to start creating a shopping list.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

Well, as a person who uses a shopping list, there are a few caveats there too.

1) You have to remember to PUT THE NEEDED ITEMS ON THE LIST. I can't tell you how many times this one has nailed me.

2) You have to remember to BRING THE LIST. I keep mine as a file accessible from my phone now so that, barring loss of signal or dead battery, I have the list as long as my phone is with me. So in my case, it's remembering, even if just going around the corner to Aldi, BRING YOUR KITTEN PHONE! Being a Google Mail "to do" list, I can also access it from my computer.

3) Not only do you have to bring the list, but you have to CHECK THE LIST. And then CHECK IT AGAIN. And AGAIN. I can't just check it as I enter the store and actually remember more than maybe... 3 items... and even then, it's easy to get distracted and forget what you were looking for next. You know, heading for the last two items, bread and dried beans now and, OH, LOOK, SHINY!

I've come home and forgotten to buy an item that was plainly listed for me, by me, so it's not even as though I can blame anyone else.

So ... having a list won't necessarily keep you from forgetting things.

:)

• parityanimal
    Eduardo did, indeed, use the oven tonight. We had a lovely salad of mixed spring greens and baby spinach, dressed with creamy Italian dressing, followed by baked Fettuccine Eduardo, except there wasn't actually any fettuccine available so it was medium egg noodles instead, and I had a glass of Cabernet Franc.

Actually, I'm still having that glass of Cabernet Franc...
  • RogerToo
    7AMeun.jpg

DxUB0m.jpg

XVY3j1.jpg

ujzD4y.jpg

QhQO4b.jpg

DpvK8T.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 6200 steps. The temperature this morning is warmer than Thursdays at 54/52 degrees. Yesterday I ended the day with 11,500 steps. I ended up going back out in the afternoon which is why the step count was up. Currently it is a darl, dreary day outside. The forecast rain has not arrived beyond a light drizzle that went away. The breeze that was predicted has arrived however :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

49 out there with an expected high if only 54! 70 percent chance of precipitation. That must have really been a COLD cold front that came through.

Still need to look at laundry. Sink is cleared, Lilo and I have been fed and Ariel's food is available.

We take her in today for her next Chemo, at 11:30.

• RogerToo
    Good Morning,
    I'm late getting my day going...like that's new news these day....

Overcast, damp, with occasional splatters of rain. Hope Ed's already shopping, its not going to get any better today! (nor much warmer) I have half a head of cauliflower and about same amount of broccoli, so I'm thinking it could well be an oven roasting to happen here today!
    And I've culled the food list for today's batch making. Too much food waste.

The food I tossed this morning was all from last week. I wasn't overly fond of her version of a tofu scramble, (I make a better one), and quinoa is not my first second or even third grain list, there already is some in the freezer, and the freezer is about to pop as it is.
    Although I spent a chunk of money between the 3 stores, I really didn't spend much of it on food??? Foolish purchase of the day yesterday...a hose end watering wand, with gutter cleaner, and 5-6 delivery options...you know full, stream, etc... Ok, so that really could be quite handy...except the lake is down 8 feet, and there is already talk about banning all outdoor watering...probably I'm guessing newly laid or seeded lawns. Or newly planted trees, shrubs, etc. Gardens are exempt. At least that's how it worked last time. If this level get implemented, I may well be washing dishes on a dish pan, and saving laundry water for the shrubs and trees. Its a LOT of work doing these things, but I've gotten in the habit of liking water to drink! :)

Ok, off to the kitchen and those veggies...also some lentils to cook (easy peasy) and probably a sauce or dressing or two, like the strawberry salad dressing...sounds interesting...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Drought warnings or Rumblings already, Wow.
    Arimorrisel....that almost has a French sound to it with the right reflection! LOL!!! (but a bit long for a cat)

I roasted some baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onion brussels sprouts and cut 3 small sweet potatoes in half length wise, put them cut side down on a flat pan, and roasted them along with the veg's.... They are sooo good, my house is toasty warm, and smells delightful! I almost don't want to go to gymnastics tonite. But would hate to disappoint my 'littles'. :) Tomorrow morning is supposed to be chilly, so I saved the potato casserole baking to go with my morning coffee. I think the rest of the day will be quiet, so maybe some weed pulling or just a day of jammies and slippers!!!

News on, trees down...didn't see any in the metro area...Floyd county, Fannin county, also the weather alert has been mysteriously quiet. And that's always a good thing....

Heading for my bike and about half hour of pedaling.

Roger hope you have good weather for your walk in the morning. :)
    What happened to the Senior Discount since it is not the 13th yet?

I hope the Gymnastics went well.

The local cable news channel showed the Ball game being rained out after three innings in Atlanta :)

The Weather was not too bad TBH.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I got to the store, but, as Val already noticed, it doesn't look like there is going to be any "between showers" today. I was able to get out when it wasn't raining terribly hard, so didn't get TOO wet.

Today would be a GREAT day for using the oven, as it's not supposed to get very warm outside, so dinner may be something baked or roasted here. I'll have to browse the vegetable bins in the refrigerator and see what Eduardo can come up with.

While at Kroger I selected about 10 different flavors of crunchy cat treats, as Ariel has been playing the "I'm hungry but not for THIS" game lately, and since it's very important that she eat as much as possible to help fuel any possible recovery, we play the game "What does Ariel like today?" every day. If we get her into remission, we are going to have to make her unlearn some very annoying behaviors relating to food. In the meantime, whatever she wants to eat and wherever she wants to eat it is fine with us. The good news on that front is that after the second treatment she still had a couple of low days but otherwise has been eating pretty well, once we figure out what she wants to eat. Lilo is happy to clean up any rejected items...and is going to be as big as a house if we don't watch that.

I think I'm going to bleach Ariel's fur orange and re-name her to Morris.
    Hi Ed
    Just Curious do the Grocery Stores in Your area do what ShopRite does? They print out coupons based on Your Purchases that You are given along with the register tape. Sometimes they are useful, other times not so much.

Good Luck with the foods You picked up for Ariel.

Hmpf. From what I've been able to glean, the reasoning for it is as follows, from another Kroger district:

"Our Senior Discount and Double Coupon programs were targeted programs that not all customers benefited from. Our new lower prices are available to all customers," Kroger spokeswoman Melissa Eads said.

True on BOTH counts, I'll agree, but...

The senior discount was supposedly supposed to help older people, likely on a fixed income, and somehow I don't really think the "new lower prices" will make up that difference. We'll see.

And as for the double couponing, sure, not everyone benefited. Only the people who were willing to take the time to clip and use the coupons! But everyone COULD have chosen to do that.

Still, having said that, I rarely use name brand coupons because the store brand is usually cheaper (at Kroger, not necessarily at Publix) even after taking the coupon into consideration, unless the name brand item is on sale that week.

And Kroger DOES send me coupons for store brand (mostly) items that I would be buying anyway, because they know I've bought them in the past. Are they going to stop doing that because not EVERYONE chooses to utilize a Kroger card (and thus not EVERYONE will even be able to take advantage of the new lower prices) or will we continue to get the Kroger card discount prices and the gas points that not EVERYONE can get, only the ones who bother to maintain a Kroger card?

Oh, I don't really care anyway, I don't have any store loyalty and never did, even when I worked there. I shopped there then because it was convenient and, usually, the better price anyway, but since I stopped working there, and they opened my neighborhood Aldi, I've been buying stuff at Aldi if they have the better price, or even if it's just one or two items I need, because Aldi is REALLY, REALLY convenient to my house!

My mother used to drive all over Paducah to get the best deals at every grocery in town, saving the one with the most frozen/refrigerated goods for last on the route, but by the time we got home, the way-back of the station was full of grocery bags and we had made a circuit that probably resembled that Family Circus kid going "directly" to the store and back for his mom.
    The Acme used to do Double and Triple coupons in the past, They may still do so, I have not noticed either way. Store Loyalty, hmm...
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

Well, as a person who uses a shopping list, there are a few caveats there too.

1) You have to remember to PUT THE NEEDED ITEMS ON THE LIST. I can't tell you how many times this one has nailed me.

2) You have to remember to BRING THE LIST. I keep mine as a file accessible from my phone now so that, barring loss of signal or dead battery, I have the list as long as my phone is with me. So in my case, it's remembering, even if just going around the corner to Aldi, BRING YOUR KITTEN PHONE! Being a Google Mail "to do" list, I can also access it from my computer.

3) Not only do you have to bring the list, but you have to CHECK THE LIST. And then CHECK IT AGAIN. And AGAIN. I can't just check it as I enter the store and actually remember more than maybe... 3 items... and even then, it's easy to get distracted and forget what you were looking for next. You know, heading for the last two items, bread and dried beans now and, OH, LOOK, SHINY!

I've come home and forgotten to buy an item that was plainly listed for me, by me, so it's not even as though I can blame anyone else.

So ... having a list won't necessarily keep you from forgetting things.

:)
    Bring Your phone along will not help my brother and I with our Flip Phones :)
    Paper list it is for us.

Been there done that getting distracted, for years TBH.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Our Kroger stores do print coupons at the register, on a separate tape AND there are pre-printed ones on the back of the register tape too, rather like the ones you get in the weekly junk mail flyers.

As with your place, sometimes the coupon is useful and sometimes not useful. Even if it's useful I have to remember to actually bring it with me to use it! That can be a chore too. LOL