Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited May 2017
    Good Sleepy Eyed Morning To Y'all!
    I literally had just put the phone in its 'spot' and turned to set my water on the night stand when the phone rang. Looked at the time and said to myself, "WHO would call at this hour?" It really was only 8:45, but still...
    And it said Jack...meaning DS1 who I'd just seen an hour an a half ago...??? and as all of this was filtering thru my tired brain, the weather alarm started beeping...WHAAAAA???
    Jack called to make sure I was aware of the Tornado Warning in my neighborhood....Instant awakeness happened! So packed phone and iPad to the windowless, interior, bathroom and spent half an hour waiting out the Tornado Warning. The Warning area was really, really close to my house, (the 'hook' as they call it, so I was glad on two fronts, Jack called, and I spent some time 'being safe' :) Which trumps Sorry....(no pun intended) maybe......
    So, later start this morning than anticipated, which is ok, since there isn't much on my list that HAS to be done, and not even much on my list that would be nice to get done before the weekend!
    Made my almond milk this morning for my house warming,oven running, scalloped potato casserole...I have sweetened soy, almond and rice milks...all in convenient single serve (1 cup) aseptic packs....why? because they don't sell the unsweetened single serves anywhere I routinely shop.
    Remind me to add that to my next Whole Foods shopping list, ok?
    Loved y'all's takes on grocery lists. I've made lists pretty consistently for at least 40 years. #2 used to be my downfall. But I would remember everything on the list because I'd written it on a list and engaged another area of my brain. Then came kids, and other distractions like work and therefore being in a hurry, etc.
    Now, I tried putting everything on an app that I have that makes multiple lists, so I can make a list for Kroger, Publix, etc....problem with that is, I have on several occasions DELETED the KITTEN list unintentionally while pushing my grocery cart around, or slipping it into a pocket, etc...and then I am totally lost, because I cannot remember what was on the now missing list!!!
    So am back to paper........ funny how things circle around in a lifetime!

Hope the vet visit shows good results for Ariel.... I know you're anxious about that. Fingers crossed for Ariel!

Roger, I got the giggles over several cartoons, and one 'How dumb can humans be' reaction to the 2 people on the backs of a bull moose. Oh, well...Darwinism at work.... I guess.

Its already raining here this morning...was supposed to wait til noonish, but .....

Roger, since you asked, the family gymnast had a great night! She learned a new skill on the parallel bars. I think she must have been really scared, cause as she stood on the lower bar, fell forward to catch the higher bar she didn't even squeak!!! (which is her usual YIKES! noise) She repeated it several times. Very happy and proud of our little 'bouncing, flipping kid'! :) (there was 'Grammie pride' spread everywhere!! LOL!!

Later...the kitchen is calling......
  • GardenKatGardens
    The Scalloped Potatoes were a success on both fronts...warmed the house, and is tasty!
    Saw the tornado damage at Hartsfield, our airport! And as the news rolled on, there were trees down in this watch box. Happy my trees stayed put!

See you in the morning.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 46 out there now with an expected high of 71. 40 percent chance of afternoon/evening showers, with some thunder possible.

I have already cleared the sink. Lilo and I have eaten and Ariel is likely wondering at what point in the morning I will pounce on her to give her a pill. Actually a pill and a quarter this morning as she gets a Prednisone and a quarter tab of mirtazapine. As today is the day after her treatment, the "every three day" timing on the mirtazapine likely worked out well, since today and tomorrow are the likely worst appetite days for this treatment. The mirtazapine should help with that. And, of course, finding out what she likes today...

I need to get out to the store as well, to get some snacks and drinks for the Orchid society meeting on Monday.

We have a memorial service to attend tomorrow. Not sure how long that will be.

• parityanimal
    Most dangerous toys ever sold for children:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyWOsJY8KGo
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    9FXAKs.jpg

5T7SiC.jpg

zBgjvT.jpg

xgnAdY.jpg

75Y0z3.jpg

OJAK92.jpg

18BGt4.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 8800 steps. The temperature this morning is warmer than Thursdays at 60/62 degrees. Currently it is a darkish, dreary day outside. There was a light Rain around 6:20 according to my brother :) I slept late and missed it :( Not.

While I was out I stopped for 2 Eggs and Whole Wheat Toast as breakfast and brought the Home-fries back since my brother will use them later today with his dinner or Sunday morning as a part of Sunday's breakfast.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    Our Kroger stores do print coupons at the register, on a separate tape AND there are pre-printed ones on the back of the register tape too, rather like the ones you get in the weekly junk mail flyers.

As with your place, sometimes the coupon is useful and sometimes not useful. Even if it's useful I have to remember to actually bring it with me to use it! That can be a chore too. LOL
    I have a Type of container that the NJ lottery gave out to hold the Scanner cards that can be used if You play the same numbers every day that I put coupons in and then I stick that in my pocket when I have any coupons that I might use.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 46 out there now with an expected high of 71. 40 percent chance of afternoon/evening showers, with some thunder possible.

I have already cleared the sink. Lilo and I have eaten and Ariel is likely wondering at what point in the morning I will pounce on her to give her a pill. Actually a pill and a quarter this morning as she gets a Prednisone and a quarter tab of mirtazapine. As today is the day after her treatment, the "every three day" timing on the mirtazapine likely worked out well, since today and tomorrow are the likely worst appetite days for this treatment. The mirtazapine should help with that. And, of course, finding out what she likes today...

I need to get out to the store as well, to get some snacks and drinks for the Orchid society meeting on Monday.

We have a memorial service to attend tomorrow. Not sure how long that will be.
    Sorry to hear that You have a memorial service to go to.

The Phone just rang with a number that I looked and and did not answer. The number is 862-210-2406, A quick Google search shows it has been used for several types of scams. I never answer as there is always a possibility that I might slip up and say "Yes" or something else in the affirmative that could be recorded and used as proof I purchased something.

I did not look at the Dangerous toys yet, However I have a suspicion that Lawn Darts is in it?

Yesterday we had a little over an inch of rain, further east in NJ I saw reports of over three inches so We were lucky here. They forecast a 50% to 60% chance of rain today :) since it rained at 6:20AM I'm going with 100% for today.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Sleepy Eyed Morning To Y'all!
    I literally had just put the phone in its 'spot' and turned to set my water on the night stand when the phone rang. Looked at the time and said to myself, "WHO would call at this hour?" It really was only 8:45, but still...
    And it said Jack...meaning DS1 who I'd just seen an hour an a half ago...??? and as all of this was filtering thru my tired brain, the weather alarm started beeping...WHAAAAA???
    Jack called to make sure I was aware of the Tornado Warning in my neighborhood....Instant awakeness happened! So packed phone and iPad to the windowless, interior, bathroom and spent half an hour waiting out the Tornado Warning. The Warning area was really, really close to my house, (the 'hook' as they call it, so I was glad on two fronts, Jack called, and I spent some time 'being safe' :) Which trumps Sorry....(no pun intended) maybe......
    So, later start this morning than anticipated, which is ok, since there isn't much on my list that HAS to be done, and not even much on my list that would be nice to get done before the weekend!
    Made my almond milk this morning for my house warming,oven running, scalloped potato casserole...I have sweetened soy, almond and rice milks...all in convenient single serve (1 cup) aseptic packs....why? because they don't sell the unsweetened single serves anywhere I routinely shop.
    Remind me to add that to my next Whole Foods shopping list, ok?
    Hi Valerie
    I saw the news regarding the Atlanta area and was wondering how both You and Ed made out. I'm happy that there were no problems for either of You.

There is a Whole Foods going in semi nearby on Route 22 in Bridgewater. I can see their name on a banner hanging on a retaining wall along the highway and partially finished buildings showing on top.
    Loved y'all's takes on grocery lists. I've made lists pretty consistently for at least 40 years. #2 used to be my downfall. But I would remember everything on the list because I'd written it on a list and engaged another area of my brain. Then came kids, and other distractions like work and therefore being in a hurry, etc.
    Now, I tried putting everything on an app that I have that makes multiple lists, so I can make a list for Kroger, Publix, etc....problem with that is, I have on several occasions DELETED the KITTEN list unintentionally while pushing my grocery cart around, or slipping it into a pocket, etc...and then I am totally lost, because I cannot remember what was on the now missing list!!!
    So am back to paper........ funny how things circle around in a lifetime!

Hope the vet visit shows good results for Ariel.... I know you're anxious about that. Fingers crossed for Ariel!

Roger, I got the giggles over several cartoons, and one 'How dumb can humans be' reaction to the 2 people on the backs of a bull moose. Oh, well...Darwinism at work.... I guess.

Its already raining here this morning...was supposed to wait til noonish, but .....
    People have also pocket dialed smart phones with sometimes embarrassing results. One more thing I do not need to worry about with a flip phone :)
    Roger, since you asked, the family gymnast had a great night! She learned a new skill on the parallel bars. I think she must have been really scared, cause as she stood on the lower bar, fell forward to catch the higher bar she didn't even squeak!!! (which is her usual YIKES! noise) She repeated it several times. Very happy and proud of our little 'bouncing, flipping kid'! :) (there was 'Grammie pride' spread everywhere!! LOL!!

Later...the kitchen is calling......
    That's Great
    The Scalloped Potatoes were a success on both fronts...warmed the house, and is tasty!
    Saw the tornado damage at Hartsfield, our airport! And as the news rolled on, there were trees down in this watch box. Happy my trees stayed put!

See you in the morning.

The airport showed up in the news yesterday here too, they had a shot showing a funnel cloud approaching near the ground. Bad flooding in some areas here in the NJ, NY, Conn. Metro area.

Enjoy the day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Woohoo! My iMac is BACK! It's been down for a while since the hard drive was finally failing.

I ordered a new, bigger, faster drive and we got it in about a week ago, but J has been REALLY busy with work stuff and we didn't have time to install it until today, so most of the evening has been doing things (as I have been for a couple weeks) on my phone and my little Dell portable, and watching TV, while waiting for the iMac to finish restoring from my backup.

All done now. Went from a 750 gb 5400 rpm drive to a hybrid SSHD 2 tb 7200 rpm drive and it's much faster, not to mention more room for stuff! I was getting pretty full before it finally failed.

We got our money's worth from that 750 gb drive. This iMac was the THIRD computer it was used in, so it was, I guess, finally time for it to wear out.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    TTL59S.jpg

n47SrQ.jpg

M1nMQF.jpg
    Not much use a a traffic light TBH :)

Sagg6g.jpg
    Hmm...

2Fyduh.jpg

A3kxik.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7600 steps. The temperature this morning is cooler than Saturdays at 51/51 degrees. Currently it is a bit dark outside. That is in contrast to when I left the house and the Sun was shining and the warmth from it felt good. On the return leg after the clouds moved in and the breeze picked up it was a bit chilly.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Woohoo! My iMac is BACK! It's been down for a while since the hard drive was finally failing.

I ordered a new, bigger, faster drive and we got it in about a week ago, but J has been REALLY busy with work stuff and we didn't have time to install it until today, so most of the evening has been doing things (as I have been for a couple weeks) on my phone and my little Dell portable, and watching TV, while waiting for the iMac to finish restoring from my backup.

All done now. Went from a 750 gb 5400 rpm drive to a hybrid SSHD 2 tb 7200 rpm drive and it's much faster, not to mention more room for stuff! I was getting pretty full before it finally failed.

We got our money's worth from that 750 gb drive. This iMac was the THIRD computer it was used in, so it was, I guess, finally time for it to wear out.
    Hi Ed
    I am guessing that You did a fresh install and restore of data. In the windows world when I was still working I had a lot of luck cloning the failing drive to a new one and Voila back to where it was and a happy customer. Then I would tell them to put the failing drive on the shelf as a spare backup, Just in case.

I skipped over the SSHDs and went directly to SSD drives. Currently this All-In-One has a 1Tb SSD and the basement Desktop i7 computer also has a 1Tb boot drive as well as a 1Tb SSD data drive... Call me a spendthrift, Using one as a data drive and another as a boot drive makes a big difference in working with large video files. It works faster using one drive to edit and output the edited video than prior experience using to 7200 RPM drives reading from one and writing to the other. I can also take the edited video and Author to the same drive prior to Burning to a Blue Ray Blank and DVD.

I would say that You indeed got Your money's worth out of that drive. Considering that they are a electronic and mechanical device combined they are pretty robust. Especially compared to the earliest drives I used. The Seagate 20Mb did not even have autopark and failing to park the heads could cause data loss and for sure moving it after power off and no parking software having been run led to having to low level and then partition and format. Don't Ask how I know. My first CDrom drives were 1x devices and for that time they were great.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

I'd have gone straight to SSD but there's this thing called money and a certain cat is eating a lot of it right now. I found the 2 tb hybrid drive for just $99.95 plus tax, ordered it, and then the box sat in the spare bedroom for a week until we could get to it.

After a quick format of the new disk, I did a full restore, system and data files, all in one process. Time machine backups on an iMac (or any Mac, for that matter) are wondrous things as long as you keep them complete and consistent. I made sure I backed up at least every day or two, sometimes more than once a day, and I'm glad I did (and do) as it made restore easy and relatively painless.

After restore, all I had to do was log in to the Apple store to resume automatic update checks, rebuild the mail boxes (always seems to want to do that, sometimes after a system update too) and catch up the mail from several weeks of missing mail downloads. I was quite pleased with the ease of the whole transition.

I've eaten, both cats have been offered food. Lilo was, as usual, interested in hanging around the kitchen to make sure that whatever I was having wasn't more interesting and whether it might be shared. It might have been more interesting but it wasn't being shared so i presume she went to check out her own food. Ariel had at least a snack and I could tell that overnight she had some food.

Got my Windows 10 virtual machine all updated last night, after my restore, and now updating an Ubuntu virtual machine, that hasn't been updated since February so this might take a while.

Guess I'll go fold laundry in the interval.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Been up awhile...have had my coffee and then a cup of green tea with a banana. Need to go find something more...maybe a piece of toast with mashed, possibly seasoned avocado?
    Have not really planned anything for this day. Several things I'd like to get to...we'll see....

At least its sunny today. Yesterday was weird. Windy, not terribly warm, sometimes spitting a bit of rain, etc.

Had a good time in town, Ted and I totally toured Cooks Warehouse, the scent shop was closed by the time we got there, but that's ok....next time. Dinner was take out from Med. Grill, as Ted had already prepped Tabouli, and his tabouli is far above what I've ever eaten out. So, we ate at his house...I got my usual falafel, and Ted got enough humus for us to share. I love dinners like that. (We ate and watched a soccer match, and just relaxed chatter) Then I began the journey home!!! Oh My! I did go right past the diligently working men who are repairing 85, what I didn't know was that they have 4 of the 6 lanes North of the collapse also CLOSED to repave. So traffic was a bit heavy??? Yep it was!!! But, at least it didn't pour rain...it did do a good job of heavy misting and some buffeting wind bursts! But that was do-able.

Today, ???

Glad to know Ariel ate a bit last night, and snacked this morning...Poor kitty. Hate it when animals are 'off their feed'.... Glad you got your computer hard drive installed, backed up, etc. I can't even fathom 2 tb. I think the hard drive in my first computer was measured in mega bites!!!

Roger you two (you and Ed) kill me....computer issues are far far over my head. And I read what you're doing or have done and just shake my head and wonder what you're talking about. :)
    I have always loved my Mac's for their simplicity, and if I do have a problem....poor Ted gets a call!!! I think I had a pretty good handle on early computers, but like cars...they've become complicated. I used to be my own shade tree mechanic, and then came A/C's and Emissions, etc, etc.... I don't work on cars anymore either!!!

Ok, off to get dressed,...while typing I got a message from Marietta about Jack and the kids coming over to install the new water filter cartridges, and new wireless doorbell, etc (chores), and for the life of me I don't recall him saying they were coming by after church, but since I watched church already, and have been here, went thru a handful of emails...I think I'd better get dressed. Or Grammie will be opening the door in her jammies and robe!!! LOL!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    When I was younger and used that OTHER brand/compatible PC, I used to build my own, or J and I would build them together. I agree that they have become much more complicated, and more difficult to work on.

Apple is doing their level best to make them IMPOSSIBLE to work on and disposable, putting some of the new ones out as sealed units where basically once it becomes insufficient for you, your choice is to replace it. That's it. No upgrading memory, no upgrading CPU, no installing a larger internal drive...disposable computers.

This does not make me happy, as they are ALSO getting into even more proprietary parts for the ones that aren't sealed units, and even if you would like to install it yourself, you will have to buy the parts from them, at least until the third party manufacturers can figure out how to make new parts, or buy licenses from Apple. Of course all along they have preferred that we take them in to their store for repairs/replacement parts, as clearly we nerds can't POSSIBLY do this as well as their nerds can. I sometimes think they are just a bunch of KITTENS.

I seem to remember that the first hard drive I ever had was only 10 megabytes and cost several hundred dollars. Of course this was in the days when Bill Gates told us that no one would EVER need a drive that big or fill one up...

• RogerToo
    Advertising Claims :)
    lTTs7H.jpg

AOpRkv.jpg

rhGPLv.jpg

nIxHMx.gif

PnIDQ1.jpg

QLqdDh.jpg