Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Two Non Humor First, Followed by the Humor
    Zmz94p.jpg

Yl2ilV.png

Now for the Humor
    jPZtEA.png
    Hi
    Can I borrow a cup of Honey?

4VqoIG.png

xSCFna.jpg
    When vegans go hunting

Z8MQwI.jpg

DPvqXF.gif

YhCEcp.jpg

Netwjg.jpg
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
  • parityanimal
    I suspect that "inspect" clause in the quietly passed law won't hold up if they ever try to "inspect" the home of someone who lives in the zone to which it applies. The courts will likely chew that one up and spit it out as non-constitutional.
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I've been up since early 8 a.m. Got sidelined, blindsided, delayed???? by this thing called email, and related links to Internet....aiyeeee!!
    I've also done a load of laundry, fed and played with 'the' cat, had breakfast (I peeled a banana). And had coffee and now some green tea...
    Sorry excuses for spending my morning sitting on my tush!
    Ed...new tablet!! FUN!!!
    Roger...garden sounds good! I'm thinking about growing some fall carrots, maybe. :)

Read an interesting article on Angel Food Cake...history, and they how's and why's...My Mom made the very best Angel Food Cake. And that somehow morphed into an article about Breakfast, and its history and of course it being a Food 52 link, recipe's....
    Which reminds me, I need to put some lentils in the IP, and then some rice....today they will be separate...

Door Bell....was Amazon delivery by USPS of my Nutritional Yeast.

Cat taking advantage of back door being open (screen door to keep the bugs out of course), and he sat on the fence crying to come in....so...feeding Tom E and getting my self MOVING.

Beautiful morning! Not too humid, it was 70 when I got up...about 77 now with a breeze...I think I'm going outside!!

Later
    Just know I started this at 11:15.....LOL!!
    Hi Valerie
    It sounds as if You had a Busy Day :)

Today's forecast high once again in the 70s, Below Normal for the past few days and more below normal into the future.
    Ok..I just let Tom E out...I'd cleaned his water bowl, and refilled it while he was eating...and he's done it AGAIN.... Ed,??? He puts ONE, and only one piece of kibble in his water bowl...WHY???
    This is a daily game...is there a cat reason for doing that?
    Making me crazy!!!!! Will end the post, and once again get a new bowl of kibble-less water.

I mentioned that to my Brother, When they had cats he has the same thing happen. It would happen for a while and then stop, so there is hope :)
    Ok...I thought it might have something to do with the water bowl being stainless steel, and he might do that to judge where the water level was....like so he doesn't stick his whole face in the bowl right after I've cleaned and filled it.
    The water bowl is about 4-5 inches from the kibble bowl, so that might indeed be the answer.

Ok, eating my dinner...I did make it to the gym, and got my work out in. And some dude next to me was running and running, and gasping and coughing, and running. I was busy trying to remember what to call the thing to defib a heart, you may have 2 feet, or hands, or ears and eyes, but man you've only got ONE heart Pushing yourself is one thing but over stressing your heart is not cool!!!...and then he sees me as he was getting his water bottle filled, and offered to help me get more out of my workout. Oh, noooooo! Thankful for bum
    Tibial Tendon, ankle brace, etc> LOL!

Ok, I've got the dishwasher going, the clothes from this morning are folded, hung, etc. and put away. Only 'leftovers' for morning is cleaning 2 bathrooms. Easy Peasy.
    See you then!!!
    I agree, One heart per person and that man sounds as if he was pushing himself too hard. You can't fix stupid :)
    I thought that was the name, Defibrillator ?

At least yesterday I did get 90 minutes walk in same as today as it happens and Yesterday I shortened all the grass. It was not bad outside when I started around 11AM, Hallelujah.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 83 and 0% chance of rain.

I've been fed, but the felines won't be fed for about an hour or so. Maybe 3/4 of an hour. We'll see. I got up early on my own this morning but that still doesn't mean they need to get any ideas about having their food out early.
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the Humor.

You seem to run an average of 10 degrees warmer than I when averaged out for the year.
    I suspect that "inspect" clause in the quietly passed law won't hold up if they ever try to "inspect" the home of someone who lives in the zone to which it applies. The courts will likely chew that one up and spit it out as non-constitutional.
    I would hope so. That sounds so wrong and as You say non-constitutional.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2017/08/24/amazon-and-whole-foods-are-dropping-prices-this-will-change-grocery-forever/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/24/amazons-takeover-of-whole-foods-begins-monday-and-youll-see-changes-right-away/
    Amazon cuts Whole Foods prices in clear signal of sweeping changes to come
    By Abha Bhattarai August 24

Amazon announced plans to buy Whole Foods in June. (Bill Sikes/AP)

Amazon’s $13.7 billion purchase of Whole Foods Market will be finalized Monday, and shoppers will see an immediate markdown in prices on a number of items, including salmon, avocados, baby kale and almond butter, as the tech giant looks to shake up the grocery business.

Amazon and Whole Foods announced the news on Thursday.

“The two companies will together pursue the vision of making Whole Foods Market’s high-quality, natural and organic food affordable for everyone,” they said in a joint statement. “Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices starting Monday on a selection of best-selling grocery staples across its stores, with more to come.”

Amazon said it will continue to lower prices at Whole Food stores and will eventually offer special discounts and in-store benefits to Amazon Prime members. (Jeffrey P. Bezos, the founder and chief executive of Amazon, owns The Washington Post.)

Other foods that will be cheaper beginning next week: Bananas, eggs, ground beef, rotisserie chicken, butter and apples.

“Everybody should be able to eat Whole Foods Market quality — we will lower prices without compromising Whole Foods Market’s long-held commitment to the highest standards,” Jeff Wilke, chief executive of Amazon Worldwide Consumer, said in a statement. “There is significant work and opportunity ahead, and we’re thrilled to get started.”

[Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market in deal valued at $13.7 billion]

Analysts said the slashing of prices was an obvious move. Whole Foods — nicknamed “whole paycheck” in some circles — has long struggled to shed its reputation as a pricey alternative to other supermarket chains. The company’s prices are about 15 percent higher than at the average grocery store, according to Morgan Stanley. By immediately cutting prices, analysts say Amazon is sending a clear signal that sweeping changes are in store, even if it means temporarily cutting into profit margins.

“Amazon is playing to its strengths here,” said Michelle Grant, head of retailing at Euromonitor International, a London-based market research firm. “Obviously the low-cost approach is in Amazon’s DNA, and it’s something Whole Foods has been struggling with for a quite some time.”

Whole Foods will continue to be headquartered in Austin, and co-founder John Mackey will stay on as chief executive.

For Seattle-based Amazon, the addition of Whole Foods means laying claim to more than 460 physical locations and an inroad into the competitive $600 billion grocery industry. The company will add Whole Foods’ private label products — including 365 Everyday Value, Whole Paws and Whole Catch — to Amazon.com, AmazonFresh and Prime Pantry. Some Whole Foods stores will also begin adding Amazon Lockers, where customers can pick up online orders or drop off returns.

“Grocery has always been the Achilles’ heel for Amazon,” Grant said. “Amazon’s competitive advantage is its speed — and that’s what it’s bringing here, with quick turnaround and quick changes.”

There is already significant overlap between the customers of the two companies. Analysts estimate that about 70 percent of Whole Foods customers are also Amazon Prime members. The loyalty program, which has an annual fee of $99, offers a number of perks, including free two-day shipping, video streaming and discounts on recurring purchases of household goods and diapers. Now Amazon is working to combine the two companies’ back-end computer systems.

News of the impending deal has rattled the grocery industry, which is already struggling to keep up with growing competition. Although Whole Foods remains a niche chain — Walmart and Sam’s Club, by comparison, have 10 times as many stores — analysts say an Amazon-backed grocer could have broad implications on pricing and profits.

“Prepare for blistering competition and complete upheaval,” said Eric Schiffer, chief executive of a private-equity firm in California. “Bezos is coming full circle by marrying the enemy,” he added, referring to bricks-and-mortar retailers, “and grocers are terrified.”

On Thursday, stock prices of rival grocers took a hit on the promise of lower-priced goods at Whole Foods. Shares of Kroger, which was rumored late last year to be considering its own takeover of Whole Foods, fell more than 8 percent. SuperValu, with a network of 2,000 stores across the country, was down more than 6 percent, while Costco slipped about 5 percent. (Shares of Whole Foods, meanwhile, rose about 1 percent.)

The purchase — Amazon’s largest to date — also intensifies the brewing battle between the tech giant and its largest competitor, Walmart, which sells nearly $200 billion worth of groceries each year. On Wednesday, Walmart announced it would soon allow shoppers to buy its products by speaking to their Google Home devices, in an obvious move to compete with Amazon’s Alexa.

Amazon announced plans to buy Whole Foods in June. The deal received regulatory approval from the Federal Trade Commission — as well as a green light from Whole Foods shareholders — on Wednesday.

“Change is coming much faster than anyone imagined,” Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData Retail, said in an email. “Amazon is wasting no time in making the most of its newest division.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/22/not-one-drop-of-poland-spring-bottled-water-is-from-a-spring-lawsuit-claims/
    ‘Not one drop’ of Poland Spring bottled water is from a spring, lawsuit claims
    Poland Spring, the country’s best-selling bottled water, is “a colossal fraud,” according to a class-action lawsuit.

The lawsuit, filed last week in Connecticut, alleges that instead of spring water, parent company Nestle Water North America has been selling billions of gallons of groundwater to its customers.

“Not one drop of Poland Spring Water emanates from a water source that complies with the Food and Drug Administration definition of ‘spring water,'” the lawsuit states.

And, it goes on: “the famous Poland Spring in Poland Spring, Maine, which defendant’s labels claim is a source of Poland Spring Water, ran dry nearly 50 years ago.”
  • parityanimal
    I suspect a lot of the "spring" water that's available in bottled form doesn't come from any springs and is just filtered tap water. At least one hopes it's filtered.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    WOW you two are full of funnies and news today!! I kinda chuckled about the items Whole Foods intends to lower prices on, immediately. Can't speak to the salmon, but the price of their kale is already $0.99 a bunch...which is cheaper than Publix, same as Kroger, and I think also same as Aldi...yep, grocery shopping is going to be very interesting for the next few months until everything settles down.

That congress would overwhelmingly pass such a law as they did in the Metro DC area bothers me. The comments after, some of which were junk, and others seemed to understand constitutional law, pretty much made some sense..but it STINKS to high heaven. Once the door is open..... and you may remember how LONG things can go into litigation by the time they finally get to the Supreme Court... anyhow, what really bothered me was that only 5 members of congress voted NAY. Seriously, only 5. Does that make the rest 'sheeple', or idiots? I missed when this law was passed...must have been in July? Congress, like Elvis, has left the building til September as far as I know. (those 5 who voted against the bill were all Republicans...interesting)

Laundry is calling, and I've not had breakfast, nor has the kibble moving kitty..I gotta go guys.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Roger....
    the real name of the defib unit is Automated External Defribrillator...AED. AED is what I tried to remember yesterday. :) I asked at the gym...the manager, former manger, and a new kid....they'd just had their CPR training about 6 weeks ago, and they could remember AED...but none of them knew what those initials stood for! So we all got a little smarter a bit ago.

Gym ✓
    Laundry ✓
    Rice Cooked✓
    and on and on! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was salad and leftover Aldi take and bake pizza from lunch. Lunch and dinner tomorrow may be the same.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0% chance of rain.

Might need to get out to the store for some croutons for the rest of the salad. Or I could cube up a couple of slices of bread and make my own...or I could go out to the store and buy some croutons. Did I mention going to the store to buy croutons? Trust me, using plain whole wheat white bread to make croutons might work but they aren't likely to be as nice as the ones from the store. And Aldi is very conveniently close. :) I forgot to get any while I was there yesterday because I forgot to put croutons on my list, thinking I'd see SALAD and get those two. Silly me.

Breakfast was just a couple of slices of leftover pizza.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Cats still to be fed. Testing the copy and paste on this pad now. As usual with a new device I have spent days tweaking it in my spare and sometimes not so spare moments.

• parityanimal
    Well, cats are fed. It wasn't really cut and paste so much as the translation from Mac to Windows format with invisible line returns in saved text files. But I got them all found and taken care of. At least in the file I use often for my signature below.

————————————————————————————————————————————

• parityanimal
    Did I mention that it's terrific Tuesday? :)
  • parityanimal
    Kids try dumplings from around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaILbPZUEY
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again it was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

Interesting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/08/27/four-cups-coffee-day-could-slash-chance-early-death/
    Four cups of coffee a day could slash chance of early death
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, Barcelona 27 August 2017 • 10:58am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/21/crumpets-contain-much-salt-three-bags-crisps-health-campaigners/
    Too much salt doubles the risk of heart failure, study finds
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, Barcelona 27 August 2017 • 10:38am

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    2nPNgC.jpg

6oQf5H.jpg

bund9Y.jpg

GmWYUx.jpg

RDerVF.jpg

s4XH8J.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I suspect a lot of the "spring" water that's available in bottled form doesn't come from any springs and is just filtered tap water. At least one hopes it's filtered.

Hi Ed
    At least some of it says Filtered or Purified Water Vs saying it Spring Water.
    Dinner tonight was salad and leftover Aldi take and bake pizza from lunch. Lunch and dinner tomorrow may be the same.
    Just Curious since we do have an Aldi near us, How tasty is their Pizza. It would have to be inexpensive since Local baked Pizzas are not that expensive.
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0% chance of rain.

Might need to get out to the store for some croutons for the rest of the salad. Or I could cube up a couple of slices of bread and make my own...or I could go out to the store and buy some croutons. Did I mention going to the store to buy croutons? Trust me, using plain whole wheat white bread to make croutons might work but they aren't likely to be as nice as the ones from the store. And Aldi is very conveniently close. :) I forgot to get any while I was there yesterday because I forgot to put croutons on my list, thinking I'd see SALAD and get those two. Silly me.

Breakfast was just a couple of slices of leftover pizza.
    Nothing wrong with Pizza for Breakfast. Traditional is good and locally some places make a Breakfast Pizza too.

I would think You make seasoned Croutons Using Your Seasoning to taste ?
    Cats still to be fed. Testing the copy and paste on this pad now. As usual with a new device I have spent days tweaking it in my spare and sometimes not so spare moments.
    I usually spend days customizing any new Windows installations. I tend to not install software until I need them.
    Using Firefox for a browser and Thunderbird for email I can port the saved data to a new install or computer. The backup software I use for that allows me to customize what to backup. I can backup all Emails for example.
    Well, cats are fed. It wasn't really cut and paste so much as the translation from Mac to Windows format with invisible line returns in saved text files. But I got them all found and taken care of. At least in the file I use often for my signature below.
    I did notice that that there seems to be a lot of blank lines at the end of that signature.

Cheers
    Roger