Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    I don't know exactly who Connie is, or Patti Jo, but I found this recipe online that sounds great! And it can be made VEGAN! Even gluten free if you use the right kind of flour and bread crumbs.

Connie's Zucchini "Crab" Cakes

Prep
    20 m

Cook
    10 m

Ready In
    30 m

Recipe By:Patti Jo

"These really taste like crab cakes but without the crab, and are a really good way to utilize that bumper crop of zucchini!"

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
    1 egg, beaten
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 cup bread crumbs
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying

Directions
    In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.

Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.

In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Good Morning!
    WOW you two are full of funnies and news today!! I kinda chuckled about the items Whole Foods intends to lower prices on, immediately. Can't speak to the salmon, but the price of their kale is already $0.99 a bunch...which is cheaper than Publix, same as Kroger, and I think also same as Aldi...yep, grocery shopping is going to be very interesting for the next few months until everything settles down.

That congress would overwhelmingly pass such a law as they did in the Metro DC area bothers me. The comments after, some of which were junk, and others seemed to understand constitutional law, pretty much made some sense..but it STINKS to high heaven. Once the door is open..... and you may remember how LONG things can go into litigation by the time they finally get to the Supreme Court... anyhow, what really bothered me was that only 5 members of congress voted NAY. Seriously, only 5. Does that make the rest 'sheeple', or idiots? I missed when this law was passed...must have been in July? Congress, like Elvis, has left the building til September as far as I know. (those 5 who voted against the bill were all Republicans...interesting)

Laundry is calling, and I've not had breakfast, nor has the kibble moving kitty..I gotta go guys.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    They were talking about the Amazon-Whole Foods Thing on the news last night. They did show the Salmon at $9.99 a pound, Farm Raised from Norway. IMO Farm raised fish may Look like the real thing but what differences do they have due to what they are fed vs Wild Caught ?

Interesting indeed that only republicans voted against it. What goes through what passes for the brains of the others ?
    IMO that makes them Sheeple.

I tend to ignore the comments as anybody can make one and often I believe their comments are influenced by education or political agenda or both.
    Roger....
    the real name of the defib unit is Automated External Defribrillator...AED. AED is what I tried to remember yesterday. :) I asked at the gym...the manager, former manger, and a new kid....they'd just had their CPR training about 6 weeks ago, and they could remember AED...but none of them knew what those initials stood for! So we all got a little smarter a bit ago.

Gym ✓
    Laundry ✓
    Rice Cooked✓
    and on and on! :)

Later...

Ah ha :)
    Those check marks next to the list are neat.

FWIW I had a phone call around 7PM from NS telling me that my frozen should be arriving in the next three days. Sure enough this morning I have tracking numbers for Both the Frozen and Non Frozen portions in today's email showing that they are out on the truck for Delivery. I shall be somewhat busy later on checking them in. Every now and then I catch a mistake, either the wrong item or a shortage.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I don't know exactly who Connie is, or Patti Jo, but I found this recipe online that sounds great! And it can be made VEGAN! Even gluten free if you use the right kind of flour and bread crumbs.

Connie's Zucchini "Crab" Cakes

Prep
    20 m

Cook
    10 m

Ready In
    30 m

Recipe By:Patti Jo

"These really taste like crab cakes but without the crab, and are a really good way to utilize that bumper crop of zucchini!"

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
    1 egg, beaten
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 cup bread crumbs
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying

Directions
    In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.

Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.

In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
    Hi Again
    Thanks for the Recipe
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    The Aldi branded Mama Cozzi's 16 inch (this is HUGE) regular crust 5 Cheese Take & Bake pizza was $5.49 and is easily cut into 8 large slices. Ready in about 15 minutes, give or take, depending on your oven.

The Aldi branded Mama Cozzi's 16 inch (this is also HUGE) thin crust Mega Meat Take & Bake pizza was $6.19 and, being thin crust, was ready in about 11 minutes.

I think it's a really decent deal for a pretty good pizza. This is the best Take & Bake I've had in a while. Not quite as nice as delivery or carryout, or eating at the pizzeria, but well worth the price.

• parityanimal
    And here is a recipe for salmon patties that taste like crab cakes.

Salmon patties that taste like Crab Cakes

1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped/minced
    Juice from 1 lemon
    1/3 cup shredded/minced onion
    Bread Crumbs
    1 TBS Old Bay Seasoning
    Dill weed to taste, maybe a teaspoon or two
    1/3 cup self rising flour
    1 egg
    1 can (14 3/4 oz) PINK salmon, well drained, skinned, deboned and flaked. Leave a few largish lumps if desired, but not too many

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the majority of the bread crumbs, but then add 1 big, heaping tablespoon of the bread crumbs.

Mix well and form into patties/cakes of desired size, dredging the patties in the bread crumbs to coat well.

Fry in a couple of tablespoons of butter and a little oil or ghee, until golden brown.

Sauce:

A couple of big heaping tablespoons of mayo
    1 big heaping teaspoon of cream style prepared horse radish
    3 or so medium squirts of ketchup

Mix all ingredients well and serve over salmon patties.

Serve with perhaps salad, vegetables of choice, and/or some bread/cornbread.
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Vintage TV show CLOSING themes. I never even HEARD of some of these shows! Guess I wasn't paying attention or they were on at times I wasn't watching television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mxiGZbQgrk
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    The question of "get dressed and go to Aldi for croutons" or "spend a few minutes making croutons out of the last of that old loaf of bread" has been resolved.

The olive oil, garlic, onion, and parmesan croutons to be are baking in the oven now...

:)

I've also got a couple of chicken thighs in a slow cooker, with two cups or so of seasoned broth, to make either chicken and some kind of pasta, or perhaps chicken with rice. The starch will be decided this evening...

My MEGA MEAT pizza will run out with lunch.

• parityanimal
    Croutons:

laduh6yhbiu8.jpg
  • parityanimal
    n198k5t9sxns.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 69 out there now and looking to a high of only 73(!) with 90% chance of rain. I think it might get wet out there.

Sink needs to be cleared and felines need to be fed but for the moment they are sleeping quietly so I'll just enjoy that peace and quiet.

I've been up for about an hour (thanks, Lilo!) but distracted by all the usuals.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Irish people try ice cream floats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW5vYzx26J8
  • parityanimal
    Irish people taste Japanese cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nts3A5V0GXA
  • parityanimal
    Irish people taste Guinness treats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nts3A5V0GXA
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Irish people taste American chili. Might have done this one before...but I LOVE chili myself. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-IFlR_MYo&t=18s
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Oops! I put the Japanese cookies twice! Here are the Guinness treats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjhDijp810
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again + 5 cents, The temperature this morning was 61 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch and back yard. We did have some rain Tuesday so no watering needed once again. It was Comfortable walking.

My Frozen and Shelf Stable AKA Ready to go foods arrived yesterday. Later on this week I will need to go to CostCo for Frozen Vegetables, paper towels, Kleenex, Fruit, Posssibly Protein shakes and Possibly Pre cooked Bacon depending on $ :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    kZsMzk.jpg

bRDTML.jpg

IOlNKC.jpg

ul4eAy.jpg

IBKWCM.jpg

bYghZC.jpg
  • RogerToo
    The Aldi branded Mama Cozzi's 16 inch (this is HUGE) regular crust 5 Cheese Take & Bake pizza was $5.49 and is easily cut into 8 large slices. Ready in about 15 minutes, give or take, depending on your oven.

The Aldi branded Mama Cozzi's 16 inch (this is also HUGE) thin crust Mega Meat Take & Bake pizza was $6.19 and, being thin crust, was ready in about 11 minutes.

I think it's a really decent deal for a pretty good pizza. This is the best Take & Bake I've had in a while. Not quite as nice as delivery or carryout, or eating at the pizzeria, but well worth the price.
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for the Info. I guess the best way to handle something like that would be Cook it, Portion it and then Vacuum Seal to freeze.
    And here is a recipe for salmon patties that taste like crab cakes.

Salmon patties that taste like Crab Cakes

1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped/minced
    Juice from 1 lemon
    1/3 cup shredded/minced onion
    Bread Crumbs
    1 TBS Old Bay Seasoning
    Dill weed to taste, maybe a teaspoon or two
    1/3 cup self rising flour
    1 egg
    1 can (14 3/4 oz) PINK salmon, well drained, skinned, deboned and flaked. Leave a few largish lumps if desired, but not too many

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the majority of the bread crumbs, but then add 1 big, heaping tablespoon of the bread crumbs.

Mix well and form into patties/cakes of desired size, dredging the patties in the bread crumbs to coat well.

Fry in a couple of tablespoons of butter and a little oil or ghee, until golden brown.

Sauce:

A couple of big heaping tablespoons of mayo
    1 big heaping teaspoon of cream style prepared horse radish
    3 or so medium squirts of ketchup

Mix all ingredients well and serve over salmon patties.

Serve with perhaps salad, vegetables of choice, and/or some bread/cornbread.
    If I said I have a suspicion that the sauce is what makes them taste like Crab Cakes ?
    The question of "get dressed and go to Aldi for croutons" or "spend a few minutes making croutons out of the last of that old loaf of bread" has been resolved.

The olive oil, garlic, onion, and parmesan croutons to be are baking in the oven now...

I've also got a couple of chicken thighs in a slow cooker, with two cups or so of seasoned broth, to make either chicken and some kind of pasta, or perhaps chicken with rice. The starch will be decided this evening...

My MEGA MEAT pizza will run out with lunch.
    Those Croutons Looked great. I like Croutons with Split Pea Soup.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 69 out there now and looking to a high of only 73(!) with 90% chance of rain. I think it might get wet out there.

Sink needs to be cleared and felines need to be fed but for the moment they are sleeping quietly so I'll just enjoy that peace and quiet.

I've been up for about an hour (thanks, Lilo!) but distracted by all the usuals.
    It was a gloomy day all day yesterday however today is bright and cloudless so far. Yesterday did not get as high as 70 degrees
    Irish people try ice cream floats.
    I love Ice Cream Floats

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie